Request a grant.comscam

After reading other complaints I will definitely not visit this site. I don't know how they got my phone number but, I am reporting them to the Missouri no call list.

stacy Oct 17, 2008

I'm not sure how they got my number but they call every other day. When visting their site just reading the home page they want you to pay 19.99 to recieve information. You should not have to pay anyone for information that you can find yourself for free.

bernice walker Oct 22, 2008

I bernice walker already have the cd" someone call my home told me i was egilable for up to 25.000.00 when i fill out the application then they continue want me to get another cd. how many cd"s do i have to have. lets get on with the grant. [email protected]

joyce swift Oct 25, 2008

i got a call and they said i could get a grant and i just did not terust them because it was on my cell phone

• La
    Larry Oct 27, 2008

Yea they call me every day something is wrong wene they say it is free nothing is free exp 25k lol.I am not going to fall for their crap maybe noone else will either!

• De
    denise Oct 27, 2008

i thought the same thing, how did they get my number and cell number at that?! then i read how all they sold you was a cd, then wanted you to buy another and still no grant info. their recording stated everything was free. what a bunch of crap!!!

jayden williams Oct 30, 2008

What concerned me was when I checked their registration, it was out of India. Why would a US grant come out of India??

• Sh
    Sherry Nov 03, 2008

How do they keep getting my cell phone number... I thought the do not call list was supposed to stop that from happening. I didnt answer the cell phone when they called since I didn't recognize the number. Well they left me a nice detailed message to go to their website to get info on a free grant I was entitled to. I decided to check it on here... too good to be true... scammers...

• Re
    Reaner Perry Nov 10, 2008

I never contacted this company but I started to get calls on my cell phone stating that because of my current situation I was eligibe for a grant of no less than 25k all I had to do was call and request it I know t his is a scam and I don't want anymore phone calls from them

Janet Otto Nov 10, 2008

I got a phone call and they said I am elgeible for a free grant that I don't have to pay back. www.requestagrant.com
    Phone: 202-683-1404 I would like to know if this is a scam or is good. I was scammed once and I don't trust anybody any more.
    I lost a lot of money. Please let me know.

• We
    wes Nov 10, 2008

I mistakenly gave them my phone #. When they called back I checked their 201-740-0032 number and it is a disconected number.
    luckly I never gave them any more info or I would have been screwed.
    Now they call 20 times a day and just hang up????????????????
    ###ing ###s!!!1

• Cu
    cussetta Nov 11, 2008

at a time like this you have to be particular. everyone is looking for a way to get over. i got the call too on my cell phone which i thought was very odd. 202-683-1437. immediately i thought, this is a scam, no one not even the banks can give you anything!!

• Fi
    fig Nov 12, 2008

thease crooks took ^60 dollars 67cts out of my checking acct, what can be done about thease
    crooks.

• Co
    Concerned Pa Resident Nov 14, 2008

I just received this call from 1-202-683-1437 (called ID), message states call back at 1-202-683-1404??? I'm not sure that I can trust this. Why would the Gov't be giving out monry FREE, and you have to PAY to receive it. If grant money is available, it is exactly that a GRANT . . . not something you have to pay for. Concerned Pa Resident.

• Co
    Concerned Pa Resident Nov 14, 2008

Confirmed this is a SCAM!!!http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/consumers.aspx?id=1053

Here are some easy ways to spot this scam and others like it:

Beware of callers who claim that you have been awarded a government grant - grants are only provided to people and organizations that meet specific guidelines and complete the application process. Remember that people generally will not call to offer you money
    Never send money to "verify, " "guarantee, " or "process" your alleged grant - requests for up-front fees are a sure sign of a scam.
    Never provide personal financial information or your Social Security Number - this type of information, when in the wrong hands, can be used to steal your identity and your money.
    Always ask for information in writing - if the grant is legitimate, the caller will not have a problem sending you the information in writing.
    Always trust your instincts - like the old saying goes: "if an offer is too good to be true, it probably is."

• De
    debra evans Nov 16, 2008

request a grant .com left voice mail on my phone for grant money that did not have to be repaid, but when you visit the site all they offer is credit card and no grant money. all credit card offers that i seclect that were supporse to be guaranteed approval were all denied (secured-unsecured).

Applied for mastercards through continental and
    platinum - both denied.

Definite false advertisement. Still can't get them to pull up any information for government grants.

bernard crawley Nov 17, 2008

I am glad I read the notices on " REQUEST A GRANT.COM" you saved me a lot of time.I had a feeling that it was a scam.I don't know how they got my e-mail address either and my cell number also and who ever they are they left a Capital Hill number in Washington, DC (202-496-8001) WON'T BE CALLING THEM

• Sn
    S NAPPER Nov 18, 2008

Same thing happened to me, they called my home and left a message, anything that sounds that good is bound to be a scam

janet Kipp Nov 20, 2008

how do these people get our cell numbers? Our they bill collectors trying to get a response? Because I have the block on my phone . There isn't such a thing as free money and if there is wish someone would tell me so I could get my hands on it.

• Ha
    Hattie Brown Nov 28, 2008

I too received a call today at my home from "Washington, DC, 202-683-1437 stating I can get government money, and can check this information by visiting requestagrant.com, or call 202-683-1404 and this is why I came to that site and saw the requestagrant.com scam and it's true. They want me to send $19.99 to get a list for the information regarding what grant I could qualify for. What is going on here. Please enlighten me. Thank you.

• Wi
    William Dec 02, 2008

I keep getting calls also on my cell phone.Who can i call to stop these calls.Thanks

• Pa
    Patti Dec 03, 2008

I received a phone call on my cell phone today also saying the same thing.I knew it was to good to be true.How do these people get your cell number.They will not hear from me either.

• Pa
    Patti Dec 03, 2008

I have just sent in my comment about request a grant, when my cell phone rings it is 7:37 pm It's request a grant spokesman on the phone telling me i can get 25k for free just go to request a grant .com to receive my money.I told him not to call my my again or i will have the phone company do something about it.He hung up really fast.

• Elfgurl2008 Dec 09, 2008

I get a Call from these ppl for free grant money (25k), cause i was eligible. I call back to get details (being stupid), i got a machine saying to leave my first and last name, phone number, and email, i dont.
    I go to the website to check it out and they want a start up fee of $1.99 plus a monthly fee of $94.89 plus your credit card info and bank info.
    I exited out cause i am not stupid and i do not want my money stolen from these scam artist(s)!
    THIS IS A SCAM!!! DO NOT FALL FOR IT!!!

• Bl
    blu_angel Jan 15, 2009

today i got an automated phone call from this number: 202-683-1418 telling me to go to this website: REQUESTAGRANT.COM when i went to the website the only page that came up was a page that requested all my personal information from my phone number to my address and im getting non stop phone calls from an automated lady promising me free grant money. why should people be allowed to scam over the internet and take honest peoples money without any concequences?!!!

• Am
    amber Feb 06, 2009

i would like to know who gave these ###s my number, because they call all the time, its annoying and its a joke free money! sure !

stuart Feb 06, 2009

I received a call from a different number 1-202-683-1441 with the same offer and instructions to visit the website. A couple of things that caught my attention was 1.How did they get my phone number 2.How do they know what my situation is? It's not like I advertise my finances.
    I typed in the address and this site caught my attention. I for one am tired of all of these people being allowed to operate on the internet unchecked and when they are shut down no body is being made to pay. I am going to call my local television station with a scam alert and at least warn people in my area about this. stuart

• Eq
    equis Feb 10, 2009

I got this phone call today at work. Admittedly, I was hoping it was something that could be used - money is so tight these days. I went to their site and I immediately didn't like the set up of if. Did a search on google and found these comments. I went the BBB's website and found out that the rating for this company is an F - the worst possible rating. Here's a link: http://www.dc.bbb.org/report.html?national=Y&compid=163359277

I also did a tracert on their site name. It goes from wherever you are to FL, then to CA. I suppose that really doesn't mean much, but it adds to the shadiness of this place.

beth kennedy Feb 15, 2009

I too recieved a phone call on a holiday weekend, presidents day, It also was a recording, with the identical numbers as listed above. My recording stated and instructed to "press 2" if interested in speaking with a rep who would then inform me of how to recieve my grant money "in as little as ONE WEEK" I happen to know enough about a federal grant to know the paper work takes a week to complete properly...I am grateful I came here first before falling prey to a scam artist thieving from the most vunerable, obviously, if looking into grants, there is obviously some typr of need or hardship, Preying on people in such situations who are under diress and can not think clearly, is horrible, they should be reported and have to pay these people back!!!

M_A_H Feb 20, 2009

they got me

• Ti
    tigervsgator Feb 20, 2009

All you have to do is scan the terms and conditions from the request a grant site to know that this is a total scam, see for yourselves...

https://secure4.securesiteorders.com/fgm/0218/index.php?subid=221064&subid2=, g|32|2521|RAGcallsite_q1q_&hitid=618851304#

• Go
    Gold Star Media Mar 01, 2009

Miss representations of free grants so they can scam you of your money

• Mi
    Miranda Mar 07, 2009

I have AT&T and I blocked thier number using the parental controls on my phone

Stephen Mar 08, 2009

Lots of news article on these grant scams published recently:

"At a press conference this week, a representative from the Federal Trade Commission admonished online media companies to "monitor their sites for scam ads and get rid of them."

Get your (not-so) free grant money
    What's the deal with those stimulus scams that are all over the Internet?

Make sure you report these scams to the FTC here:

mamaj Mar 20, 2009

They just called me twice in a row on my cell. I never gave them my number and instead of going straight to their site chose to google it. I'm so glad I did. Saved me a ton of aggrevation. Trust me they won't be hearing from me.

• Pr
    Princess Mar 24, 2009

They just call me and I don't know how they got my cell phone number. It sounds to good to be true so I got on my computer and went to Google and put in, is request a grant a scam and what I found is that it is a scam. I want people to know that before they sand anyone money check out the company. Aways Check them out I do.. I work to hard to give my money away...

Mary Mar 29, 2009

a reverse lookup on phone number 202-683-1441 brings a
    latitude of 38.90 longitude of -77.03. the address is 1302 H sreet, Washington DC 20005. There is no such address according to a reverse address lookup in whitepages.com. I did however, discover a nearby address which was the Council Advancement & Supporto of Education at 1321 H St. Washington DC 202-328-5900.
    The phone number is a landline in the area serviced by a company called Paetec communications inc. dc
    maybe this helps a bit.

• Ar
    arlington Jun 21, 2009

I'm curious but could someone tell me what the name of this particular grant program is? In other words, is this scam program grant.com or grantsmall or something else? I'm just curious because I'm looking into grants but I don't know what is legit and what isn't. Thanks,

• Ka
    kangkibul Feb 12, 2010

Please help,

I receive a purchase request of massive ammount of bed sheets which to be sent to Togo, the order came from an organization called WASHOR, they have a website at www.washor.webnode.com. The order amounted to USD.5, 250, 000.00 and they will pay 50% upfront. They sent me contracts agreemnt valid for 1 year. Now they are asking me to pay for power of attorney services fee due to I am not able to go to Togo.

Does WASHOR exists ? Please advice

Yeni

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices