Rephen Law Firm Logo

Rephen Law Firm

Having problems with Rephen Law Firm?

Rephen Law Firm reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on May 27, 2009. The latest review threatening was posted on May 27, 2009. The latest complaint threatening was resolved on May 27, 2009. Rephen Law Firm has an average consumer rating of 5 stars from 1 reviews. Rephen Law Firm has resolved 1 complaints.

Rephen Law Firm Customer Service Contacts

17 Squadron Blvd
New City, New York

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Rephen Law Firm Customer Service. Initial Rephen Law Firm complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Rephen Law Firm above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Rephen Law Firm. Discuss the issues you have had with Rephen Law Firm and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Rephen Law Firm Complaints & Reviews

bradley rephenthreatening

i got a phone call this morning from a man stating that i owe money to a picture company, he said if i didnt pay by friday they would pursue legal action against me and id have to pay the lawyer and court fees along with an 8% interest fee. Noone from our365 portraits have tried to contact me, or has sent me anything regarding a payment due, although they state they have tried to contact me numerous amounts of times. What do i do?

• This firm needs to be put out of business. They called me white trash. I'm during Bradley Raphen for slander and damages. Also report him to the Ny Bar. He has over 321complaints with BBB. This company is in total violation call the attorney general. I'm sending every complaint to the New York times hoping a reporter will write a story are do an investigation on his in ECTHICAL PRACTICE.
      I'M SORRY FOR WHAT YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE IS GOING THROUGH GIVE THIS TERRIBLE UN ETHICAL ATTORNEY TO GET DIS BARRED AND ALL HIS TERRIBLE DISRESPECTED EMPLOYEESTO GO DOWN THE TOLIET WERE THEY BELONG.

chase g Jul 07, 2010

I was called earlier today by a Ms.Winston. She said that I owed 191.00 and if i didnt pay it that I could face criminal charges and sent to jail. She was very rude. I have contacted the BBB and the Trade commission.

• Re
      regular dude Dec 04, 2009

I also have received telephone calls from the Rephen Law Firm. I made numerous attempts to settle the matter on an outstanding check with a value of a few hundred dollars. However, the paralegal with whom I was dealing was arrogant, obnoxious and rude, to say the least. She abruptly informed me that any disputes I had with the amount of the collection account were in my mind - as though a court of law had rendered a judgment against me. She interrupted me continuously. And she failed to hear, or understand, one word out of my mouth, despite numerous conversations and attempts to settle the matter.

She also cited the Uniform Commercial Code as a basis for additional fees (but declined to cite a relevant provision) and refused to accept payment other than through Western Union.

This lady was one of the rudest and most aweful individuals I have ever encountered.

• Re
      rephen law firm Aug 01, 2009

A debt collector claiming to be “Erica Shaw or Erica Shah, ” a “legal processor” from a “law firm” called “Rephen Law Firm” (which she purposely pronounced “Restin” to avoid identification online) has attempted to collect a debt she claims is $220 for a bounced check with the original amount of $70. Their phone number is [protected].

1) She refused to give information about the alleged “law firm.”
      2) She refused to give information about the original debt.
      3) She claimed the additional funds from the original debt amount were for their “processing fees” and interest.
      4) She threatened to take me to court, sue me and take legal action against me if I did not pay the debt and their “fees” in full with an unreasonable time limit.
      5) She refused to send the debt information in writing or on the law firm’s letterhead.
      6) She became irate, accused me of doing illegal activity, and became verbally abusive on the phone when I questioned the fees and requested the information in writing.
      7) She attempted to justify the fees under the “Uniform Commercial Code” and refused to tell me what part of it she was citing or how my state, FL, had adopted it.
      8) She became irate and refused to tell me the address where I could send them a letter requesting no contact.
      9) She said their only method of payment was Western Union and at first refused a payment plan I proposed. She eventually said yes to a payment plan but refused to offer any means by which to document the original debt or document my payments with receipts.

It is obvious from the overwhelming number of online complaints made to debt/credit complaint forums (e.g., /link removed/ pissedconsumer.com, etc.) that they are an illegitimate operation.

It also appears if they have set up a phony website to garner information from consumers threatened by them in order to appear legitimate: http://mharveyrephenlaw.com/.

I have reported them to the Federal Trade Commission and urge other consumers to do the same here: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?Lang=en

• Jj
      jjj Jun 16, 2009

HI, my daughter is very upset because she bounced a check last month and it has snowballed out of control. She sent money to Global payments check recovery service the same day their notice came. Day after day she called them to see if they had received it. They claimed they had not and today, a mere 2 weeks after it all started they said we have referred your case to the Erie county district attorney for collection.(first red flag/lie) They gave her the name BRAD REPHEN, (claiming HE was the DA) and offered to transfer her (second red flag/lie) He spoke to her and said she had been misinformed by Global payments and the amount was not $27 but $157 that she owed (third red flag/lie) and that if she did not pay it by the end of today he would get a judgement against her in court and it would effect her credit rating and cost her much much more than just $157. Then he suggested she send it to him by Western Union (fourth red flag) immediately or provide him with her debit card info so they could take the money out. Are they out of their minds?!
      Then she called Global back and they claimed they had just that very moment received her money but would be sending the check back because it had been referred to an outside agency (meaning BRAD REPHEN). They also said that she had made two partial payments (one for $7 and one for $20)(that was how they billed it- in two parts) and that they could not accept partial payments. What??!!
      This smacks of a scam every way you look at it. I try not to get too involved in my adult children's money lives but she's young and inexperienced and clearly she is being strongarmed and preyed upon by BRADLEY REPHEN.
      I advised her to take a minute before she did anything. She's contacted Global and BRAD REPHEN again, just now, asking for all the associated paperwork to be faxed to us for review. Global was rude and said they did not fax things. BRAD REPHEN personally answered. She asked for the paperwork to be faxed to her so she could have her attorney review it. He became instantly beligerent, angry and rude. He said he would no longer speak to her on the phone since she had "gone that route" (contacted her lawyer). He refused to fax her anything. He said he had tried to be courteous to her but was no longer going to be. What an ###! I advised her to wait to do anything until after shehad talked to her lawyer because this is just wrong and BRAD REPHEN IS A PREDATOR!!!