Reliance ProtectronWorst Security System with awful service.

I have been a customer of Reliance Protectron for a month now, and last week there was a break in in my home, And the company did not even take notice of it, Buying this system was the worst choice i ever made and its surprising to find that no one has ever posted any complaints in this forum against reliance home security systems, lots of people have had bad experiences with them And if anyone out there is reading this PLEASE DO NOT EVEN MAKE THE MISTAKE OF INSTALLING THEM. They suck...

• Iv
    ivesbigras Feb 29, 2016

Verry bad customer service .
    Had kicked out the intaller he was not properly trained and was destroying my trims and walls.verry hard and expensive to leave contract when we went without land line . Be prepared to wait hours on hold if you call

• Br
    Bryant T Dec 24, 2015

I had a Reliance system in our home for six years. I work on the road, don't always get to see my bill, and after six years I sold that house and moved. I called to cancel my contract as I was moving out of province. Low and behold, I had $648 credit that I had no idea about. I still kept getting the bills in the mail, but not once did any statement say that there was this huge overpayment over the past 6 years. So, they gave me the run around. Putting me on hold, transferring me, making me wait, and finally they tell me that to get out of my contract, it would cost me $643. Wow, what a coincidence! I just happened to have a $648 credit. They said they'd waive the $5, boy thanks a lot! Then, I got a bill for $5 a month later. Do not use this company, they are crooks!

• De
    Dean Edward Sep 30, 2015

Protectron was bought out by ADT here in Canada in 2015. We had an incident with a carbon-monoxide detector that is hooked up to our system alarming. They never even called us to address the alarm. Then when we were forced to go back into the house to call them, they put us on hold. This is the last straw... Protectron or ADT or whoever you are now... we are dumping your sorry service. 50 bucks a month is bad enough, but there is zero benefit in having the service if it is not there when an emergency arises.

• Me
    Melba Bunnin Jun 17, 2015

Dear Mr. DeLuca.
    Referring to your letter of May 21, 2015 regarding 'Door Knocking Scams' I wish to inform you that your company signed me up under these conditions. My neighbors and I on Silver Beach were flooded by your sales people that day. Personally I offered a bottle of water to the gentleman at my door, and before I knew it, he and I were sitting at my kitchen table. Although I insisted in not signing up that day, but that I was considering a security system - just not that day - which of course it had to be THAT DAY.
    I had a very tense situation in my home that day - a suicidal friend, plus another obligation. Lately I have been informed that I have a low battery in my utility room, which I don't recognize as I really don't have a utility room. Also a 'System Communication Failure' is on my status. I don't recall signing a contract for 5 years. Some time ago I worked with Consumer and Corporate Affairs, so I have knowledge about door-to-door sales and pressure. So shame on me for not just turning your salesman away, which I tried. My system has not been engaged often or never, after 4 years of paying you. M. Bunnin.

• Tr
    treewalker May 03, 2015

Took my Money for two years even though they knew they were not protecting my home. When I tried to get rebate, lawyers said no! they had sent me a letter stating that I had no protection and I failed to contact them. I would not ever deal with this company again.

• Rs
    r sader Jan 10, 2015

I am so tired of dealing with a recording and call back # . so if you are sincere you send a rep to check on our set up something must be very wrong . You tell us our batteries are week yet when checked they are fine! So please come and take this this system away so unhappy with you and the calls .. Oh yes we do not have the fire hook up but you are not aware of that!!!

• In
    Ingrid Steppan Oct 30, 2014

I was sent a Future Loyalty adjustment bill for $16.54 ? What is that? I had a contract.
    I paid the same amount every month even though we sold that house. So I complained and they cancelled my account stating " breach of Contract". I dudn't breach the account they did by sending a bill over and above what I was already paying. This us not legal.
    I did the math and divided the large invoice of $576.44 for breach if contract by $16.54 = 34 months, the extra amount they would have collected had I been ignorant enough to pay this high of an increase. There must be a way to stop them. I have a call into my banker and as I am now in Ottawa I oromised them I would use every level of government available to me as I am on disability. I asked for a copy if my contract. I had signed up with Titan and they handed my acciunt iver to Reluance Protectron, i may even call the RCMP white collar crine unit. Thus comoany needs to be shut down

• Tz
    Tzee Oct 23, 2014

A salesperson called to get me to switch to Protectron, and the price was right. After they installer came, I called customer service for days to see if I was hooked up. They had no information on me. I tried to contact the salesperson via email, phone calls, you name it, and no answer. After finally escalating the issue to a supervisor, the salesperson called me back all apologetic. Now I'm in the system.

However, I recently called to ask about billing. Protectron tells me I have to speak to a provider. I thought they were my provider! And once again the salesperson will not call or write me back so I can clear these issues up. She was also supposed to get ADT to send me a cheque for the balance of my contract. No cheque has arrived yet. I am stranded and have no idea who to contact. This has been a farce since day 1.

Reliance Protectron Aug 28, 2014

To "Pmotwani", can you please provide us with the name of the manager whom you are trying to reach? Please send the information to [email protected] and include your phone number and address so we may locate your account. Thank you!

Reliance Protectron Aug 28, 2014

To "Aidan's": We hope we have resolved the issue to your satisfaction. If not, do not hesitate to contact us at [protected] or by email at [email protected] Thank you!

• Pm
    Pmotwani Aug 04, 2014

Reliance protectron is worst security company to deal with, I can't wait to be done with my contract called several times to complain every time was promised that manager will call back it's been 2 weeks no one called, we have been charged every month for services without fail though. Moved from old house to new house when called to move the services sales person convinced to sign up for another 5 year contract for additional contacts after agreeing to new contract when installer came he didn't had enough contacts on his work order called company they said manager had to retrieve the call, 2 weeks passed by no call back by manager we tried to call several times every time same answer manager will call back not able to get name or contact no. For the manager GRRRRRRRRR
    Ea

johnnywestern Jul 22, 2014

After reading these comments and researching for myself, I am definitely going with http://www.novisecurity.us. No false alarms, contracts, or monthly fees. Just reliable, affordable, security that syncs with my smart phone. Good reviews: http://www.cnet.com/products/novi-security-novi/

• Ai
    Aidan's Jul 10, 2014

Reliance Protectron are extortionists! I had a business and had their service for 4 years and paid my bills each time. When I had to close my business because I was heading into bankruptcy, I had to call Reliance to let them know to cancel my service. At that time, they informed me that I had to keep the service until August 2015 (I closed my business in February 2014) or else pay $526.00 to cancel my service before the contract was over! I tried explaining over and over again that I wasn't moving my business but was closing it indefinitely. They didn't seem to get it and kept saying that I had to pay this cancellation fee or keep the service. I got so irate and said what can I use this service for? To use it on my dog house???? Anyway, the payment has now been sent to a collection agency and they are calling for payment.
    The WORST part is that they are using the contact people on my account to go after the payment. As we all know, we needed to provide them with emergency contacts, well they are using this information and contacting my emergency contacts for the payments!! UNBELIEVABLE!
    DO NOT USE RELIANCE PROTECTRON CANADA FOR YOUR SECURITY! THEY ARE THIEVES!!! Also, please do yourself a favour and review the companies and ask about the cancellation fees before you sign anything.

Reliance Protectron Jul 08, 2014

To Gagerclub: Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. At Reliance Protectron we aim to provide an exceptional customer experience and would welcome the opportunity to resolve any situation that is yet unresolved. Please send us an email at [email protected] including your name, phone number and address, and we will get back to you right away. Thank you!

• Ga
    Gagercub Jul 06, 2014

I am currently a Reliance protectron customer. I have filed many upon many complaints with this company and even as high as the loyalty department.

I can not find any telephone contact information that does not end up contacting your customer service line. II have tried many times to get through to someone higher up without any luck.

There is no working company directory available and no way to get through to someone.

Your accounting department has been a very, very bad department. What is even more sad, if you do not give them your information first hand they will not transfer or connect your call because apparently they will not answer a call with out a file.

I feel more threatened by using this company with when I didn't have a security system,

Reliance Protectron Jun 16, 2014

To GregPowell11: Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. At Reliance Protectron we aim to provide an exceptional customer experience and would welcome the opportunity to resolve any situation that is yet unresolved. Please send us an email at [email protected] including your name, phone number and address, and we will get back to you right away. Thank you!

• Ex
    exvoxcom Jun 16, 2014

Never make the mistake of signing any contract with any alarm company. Once they have your financial info they own you. You can get security a lot cheaper by paying for the system own the system do not lease and pay $10 / month full monotoring. This ends up saving you over a $1000, in the long yerm and if you dont like the services provided you are free to switch to other monotoring station
    Been in business 20, years. Ober a thousand happy customers laughing at their neighbours paying $25_$50 / mo getting ripped off
    Contact me here
    For more info

Reliance Protectron Mar 05, 2014

To all Members: Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. At Reliance Protectron we aim to provide an exceptional customer experience and would welcome the opportunity to resolve any situation that is yet unresolved. Please send us an email at [email protected] including your name, phone number and address, and we will get back to you right away. Thank you!

• Go
    Good start..terrible finish Jan 15, 2014

Hey B.Honest.
    It's not a surprise you would try to minimize/ignore my complaints, Reliance taught you well. Tell me, what are my options?
    What is my recourse with a company that doesn't care. Well...I will take some personal time each day for the next several weeks and will find websites that review companies and I will tell people the facts about my experience. If Reliance is so awesome then I will be the only complaint and people will see that. If I'm not then maybe Reliance loses a few sales. Maybe they will see that. Either way the only power I have as a consumer is try to open some eyes about a product or service through media and word of mouth, whether it is good or bad.

• Go
    Good start..terrible finish Jan 15, 2014

We have had the alarm system for 13 months. It was intially installed by Titan, now Fluent Home. There were minor issues and they were great about getting it sorted. After 6 months Reliance took over the contract. We have had daily false alarms and issues with the system...and no it is not because I don't know how to work an alarm system. I even understand that ### happens. However since the problem started 3 months ago Reliance service has been terrible. The people are plenty nice on the phone and very often tell us they will call back with information or updates or a date that a technician will be there. They have never called back. The problems have gotten worse so our weekly complaints became daily complaints and still nothing. Not only that but when we call our account shows almost no recorded history or the alarms or calls that have been made, so they act like it is our first issue or our fault. I called to cancel the service an hour ago.
    Reliance provided the worst service by far that I have every experienced with any product...and I have a blackberry.

• Up
    Upset.AndPissed Nov 25, 2013

B.Honest... I looked at the BBB... know what I saw? Complaints!
    I'm paying $60+ per month on a four year term for some crappily rushed install, and it's not even hooked up right!
    They ripped the old panel off the wall, and used the old security system's cables to power the device, but needed to re-route some of it... so I now have a hole in the wall from my old panel, with wire stapled across the wall and into the side of my pantry.
    The fun part, is that I'm stuck with them now unless I pay a ridiculous $1400 penalty. It's not to cover equipment costs, it's a penalty.
    I'm not done with them yet. This is BS

Mayham in Alberta Jul 29, 2013

Reliance Protectron hire sales people and staff that are lier's and cheat people that want the protection out of hard earned money to line their pockets just to lie and cheat other hard working souls. I need protection from company's like them, scamming from me and then handing me some in house political crap just to cover their ### so they can continue on with their so call business on protection _the company is nothing but a charlitons to swindle people out of money with their contracts that don't help the people that need the protection but covers their ###, where's my protection???????????? READ THE CONTRACTS PEOPLE, they are not for our benefits - but theirs in a law suit or complaints like ours. Nobody is covered under their contracts but them "RELIANCE PROTECTRON", there is no relying on Reliance_lie's and cheats.

• Ge
    Gertrudie Oct 11, 2012

Stay away from this [censored] company. They telemarket to people on the Natinoal Do Not Call List.

About BBB rating... Marketplace on CBC did a show concerning BBB ratings. An A+ means NOTHING except that the company paid to become a member of the BBB and the BBB doesn't like to give paying members a bad grade. Look it up on CBC/Marketplace.

AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!

• Sw
    sweetmariechocolate Sep 17, 2012

First of all PEOPLE. Do NOT listen or believe anyone who post that they work for this pathetic company. They are payed to say good things. When an employee talks the way that this guy has reported just goes to show the ignorance that you get when you call. Saying that other companies are paying to have people post complaints so they can get better remarks is just RIDICULOUS!! I have a relative who works in the BBB and other memebers who work within other areas and they are discusted in RELIANCE'S employees are saying such crap. So with this. other companies can now have damages of false allegations. Good for RELIANCE employees. Why haven't any of them posted THIS PROOF? Think about that! So people continue to post all your complaints and let other people know that going with this company is only going to cause you frustation. So I will tell you my situation. This company is a scam. I was with them for 3 yrs. For a year and a half this company took payments out of my account monthly. And guess what For the year and a half I had NO SERVICE. Wow they are suppose to contact you when there is a problem with the alarm. Not once in a year and a half did they call my home or any cell number they had. Its a good thing that We have all our cell bills for the past 3 yrs. Reliance came in and also put in a back up battery which then, the alarm should have run off of that. Well we still received NO SERVICE. They claim now that we changed our phone company. Reliance made a big mistake because I have received a letter from my phone company stating that we have NOT changed our phone company and to this day still do. They were well aware of who our phone company was when they came to hook up our so call SECURITY. Get this. We had a man enter our home while I was in the shower and thank god my husband was in the living room with my kids. This man was totally drunk and if we had service that we paid for then our alarm would have indicated that we had an intruder. Yes I got a police report and the officers came in and looked at our alarm system and I also showed the officers our contract stating we should have had service. The police officers were just discusted. They were not happy and could see that this company gave us no service . We as customers know what good or bad services we get and by listening to anyone who works for RELIANCE and to post in the way they have, only shows that ignorance of who you will have to deal with, These people get paid to say this and they don't want the company to suffer or their jobs are gone. Continue to post and don't allow any of these people make YOU think that they are so so GOOD. They arent. Ask them for their so called proof that other companies pay to have bad things said about RELIANCE. If they can't show
    LEGAL proof then take what they say and their ignorance with a very small grain of salt. I made copies of their accusations and I'm sending them to all the other alarm companies so that they are aware of what RELIANCE PROTECTRONS EMPLOYEES are saying. Let these companies lawyers deal with their accusations. It's SLANDER against other companies... POINT BLANK...

• Et
    ethos Aug 11, 2012

Send your instructions in a snail mail certified return receipt requested. From now after you instruct on the phone write a snail mail CMRRR. That's how you deal with companies/people that have convenient amnesia.

• Ra
    ramitupyourass Aug 06, 2012

We signed up with Reliance and the salesman said it was a 3 year contract however, it turned out to be 5 years. It's my fault for not reading the fine print I guess. They've been diligent to call if the alarm goes off for a low battery which happens every time we paint and unplug the unit. I'm somewhat upset that the sales guy lied about the term in order to get me to sign, and I signed the contract believing it was 3 years. Recently, I called them to discontinue the wireless back up alarm since I NEVER arm the system anyway. They never came out to show us how to use it or leave us with a manual. I realize there's a manual online but it doesn't tell me what the passcode is. 3 years went by and they phoned because of a low battery and even though we pay to have the unit serviced annually, we've never had that done because I was completely unaware they offered the service. They charge for battery replacements but ended up giving us one for free after a lengthy discussion with them. Most recently I asked to have the wireless backup phone discontinued and they don't seem to have any record of this call. To add insult to injury, Reliance called to say our wireless backup is in fact our primary line which was news to me. The backup is supposed to be backup in case someone cuts our phone line. My husband checked and the alarm isn't even hooked up to our phone line like it's supposed to be. If we had chosen NOT to have a wireless backup, they would have been forced to hook it up to our land line, which is what they're supposed to do anyway. The way I see it, they misrepresented themselves to the point of a blatant lie. I only found this out because I'm trying to get them to reduce our billing by removing the wireless backup (which apparently isn't back up at all). I'm thoroughly disgusted with their lies and lack of customer service not to mention they're harassing phone calls. These calls started when I didn't pay my bill, which started when the original gal I spoke to said it was no problem to remove the back up phone line and they'd issue a new invoice to me. So, I threw out the old invoice and have been waiting for the revised one. I'm not refusing to pay - I would simply like to get the paperwork sorted out so I can pay. GRRRRRRR

• Ca
    cawins Jul 27, 2012

I have been with reliance protectron for over two years. I signed up because a salesmen came to our door after we just moved into the neighbourhood. I am always protective over my family, so I decided that I will purchase the service. I asked how long the contract is for and the salesmen said it was for 1 year.

I became a member and 1 1/2 years later we were moving outside of the neighbourhood. I called reliance protectron and asked if I could cancel the service momentarily until we moved. Well, the lady said that we actually signed up for a three year contract, , , so whatever its my fault for not reading the contract. I have been living in this house renting until we purchase another house outside of the city. We have been here renting in this house for a year paying $41.99 per month with no service, with six months left I was told that if we got new equipment installed into our new house that we would be signed into another three year contract, lol typical that year I have been paying for 'nothing' and they take, take, take. I didn't believe it at first until I experienced it first hand.

Two weeks ago I lost my wallet with all of my identification and credit cards in it after we got back from vacation. I called and cancelled my credit card and a week later reliance protectron called saying that they need a payment of $41.99. I told them that I lost my wallet and had to cancel my credit card and another will be mailed out from the bank in 5-7 days. They asked if I had another credit card to pay with lol and I said no. They said that it would be unfortunate if they had to report to the credit bureau and give me a bad credit. Absolutely appalling!!! My advice is that if you are reading this wondering if you should go with reliance protection. run the other way.

Also "B.Honest" there is no hidden conspiracies here, just first hand experience from customers that were taken advantage off. Take your bullish*t elsewhere :-)

• Bh
    B.Honest Jul 27, 2012

This site is ridiculous, companies are offered an arrangement to keep their name out of this site. These are people trying to sabotage business to which they compete with. Whatever company pays, gets good reviews, most of these reviews are bogus. There are other sites like this too, where the only company with a good review is the company they are working for. Just go to the better business bureau and look into the company you are looking to go with, We currently have an A+ rating for customer service and tech support. We are also the only company that has a 5 diamond award given to us by an non bias government agency. We also do 85 percent of government contracts and we are the largest supplier of commercial monitoring in the country. I am an employee of Reliance Protectron, in the interest of being transparent, and I used to be an employee of the other major company in this country and I quit due to their sleezy tactics of gaining customers and then being absent call centres in the US when it is time for service.

• Su
    Surreyfella May 01, 2012

I live in Surrey, switched from ADT to Reliance Protectron and really had a great service General manager is always available with ADT i had hard time to reach even operator.Never had any problems great service...

• Lo
    Lorne W. Apr 18, 2011

96% of false alarms are caused by user error. Alarm companies like Reliance Protectron are diligent in following protocol, and sending authorities when users dont have passwords or set off alarms themselves. Most people like to blame others for their mistakes and this is really prominent in the alarm industry. Alarms will send a cancel signal when a customer turns off the system with the correct code after a false alarm, and monitoring companies then put the call on a non-urgent basis, kniowing that a keyholder is present onsite. This is why it take a few minutes for them to verify the call. As said above, if there is no cancel signal or phone conversation, they will dispatch.

• Ca
    Cawin Apr 10, 2011

Well you do sound pretty dumb for what you did to your mom and you all are pretty incompetent young people or really old bags. I had this service for a year and I can 'honestly' say that they have provided a phone check-up within two minutes of every alarm that sounds for a longer duration of 15 seconds. This one instance when my four year old daughter set off the alarm at five in the morning we quickly ran downstairs and reset the alarm. But our phone ringer was turned down and we didn't hear them call, so needless to say when we were back in bed about ten minutes later the police were knocking on the door making sure everything was alright.

I find it inconvenient at times when the company calls about every little thing and perhaps it does take a little time out of our busy day, but it's diffinitly worth it.

• Br
    Breyll Sep 30, 2010

They are the worst company ever. My mom had a break in. She was out of town and I was watching her pets. I went there to feed them and when I was leaving I set off the alarm. The siren was going and I quickly entered the pin and it stopped. I waited for 15 min for them to call after no one called I locked up reset the alarm and left. I got home like 30 min later and when I walked in the door there was a call comming in from protectron. I answered it and the lady said that they were responding to a alarm at my moms house. I Said ow yea that was me. I`m sorry and I started to explain what I had done. Then I said did you already send the police she said. No. which i thought was weired cause I thought that they had to call the house and if no one answers they call the police then the contact person. I said well how come it took you guys so long to call me back cause I set off that alarm like 45 min ago. She said ow yea that is strange. Well little did I know the house Actually did get broken into and because of protectrons crappy service my mothers house was left open for a full 24 hrs before I came back to the house and discovered that the alarm was real. They Blamed me and said it was my fault cause I told them not to send the police even though I said that I had set it off 45 min ago. They are the worst company ever and I well be switching over me service as well. cause If that is an example of there level of customer service then I don`t want them as my security service provider. And I am not trying to lie and bash the company I am a real person and the story is real. And Protectron knows it...

• Wh
    who? Sep 25, 2010

LOL it's because you people don't know how to work your alarm systems. How can it take them 1.5 hours to respond, that's IMPOSSIBLE! Read your contracts before signing, it's all written in the fine print that if you decide to cancel before your contract expirey date, you have to pay out the balance. It's like that will everything. When you lease a car it's the same thing, you have a payout if you decide to swtich cars or decide to termiante your lease. Get your facts straight you noobs!

christaradoi Aug 24, 2010

worst service ever...they lied to us 2 years ago and said we could transfer our existing service for free to our new home as it only had 3 months left on it. It was still voxcom then. Now we are moving overseas and they say we still have a year left on the contract which we would have to pay out! They say we signed a contract...we were told the only thing we were signing was for them to install more alarm contacts on our doors and windows. The alarm went off 2 weeks ago, and it took them 1.5 hours to contact any of us!

• Dg
    DG KELLY May 25, 2010

this is a legitimate complaint about GE Simon systems, which often get programmed with a feature enabled that monitors for "NO ACTIVITY" .

The homeowners don't get told that this will send in an alarm if the system isn't used for a while, and the monitoring company interprets this alarm as a medical event. So it is a common problem for people to experience when they go on vacation.

Its a program setting that can be disabled very easily, either onsite or by tech support over the phone, if your monitoring company has that kind of service available.

Or you can call your monitoring company to let them know you are going to be away and to ignore the no activity report... but I would recommend that its safer to shut it off, since the operators might not understand what you are telling them to ignore.

• St
    Stephen Drake May 25, 2010

People Don, t post In this Site...Tthis Site Is made just to sabotage the Image of other companies and Complaints Board gets Paid to do this, Most of the posts are being posted by their blooddy writers inorder to keep this site active ...

• Ci
    CindyCampbell May 14, 2010

We also deal with Reliance. I can’t wait to be done with them. Since they bought out Voxcom we have had 5 false medical alarms. The alarms have always gone off when there is no one home but our cat. When we were in Mexico for a week the medical alarm went of 3 times! Luckily we haven’t received any bills from emergency services. They are also very expensive compared to other services. Our neighbors have more features with their Alarmforce system and pay 20 dollars less a month. Our contract is up this month, and we are shopping for other services.