Menu
Reliable Readers Service Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Reliable Readers Service
reviews & complaints

reliablereaders.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

3.0 2 Reviews

Reliable Readers Service Complaints Summary

1 Resolved
1 Unresolved
Our verdict: While Reliable Readers Service has an above-average resolution rate, there’s room for improvement. Investigate common issues reported by customers and understand how they were resolved. Be prepared to follow up on your queries if needed, and keep detailed records of all interactions.
Verify
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Reliable Readers Service. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Reliable Readers Service reviews & complaints 2

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest Reliable Readers Service reviews & complaints

ComplaintsBoard
7:29 pm EDT

Reliable Readers Service They keep calling me

These people keep calling my house everyday like for some guy that hasn't lived here in about a year I'm guessing the number they are calling me from is [protected]. I tell them every time to stop calling me and they keep doing it. I am ready to call the police and a lawyer. if they don't stop. I don't know Mr. Yoder and I don't know where he is. I tell those people every time.

Read full review of Reliable Readers Service
Hide full review
ComplaintsBoard
B
11:03 am EDT

Reliable Readers Service Fraud

The letter I sent to this company is below it tells all of what happened. I will say that today when I checked my bank account this company had returned my $19.95 payment that was made in Dec. 2009. So should get a letter regarding this saying that I have successfully canceled my subscription. I am printing off the deposit and keeping it with my other paperwork on this company. I hope this helps everyone out there that is dealing with a company like this. You can also be placed on the Do Not Call list that past this year 2010. Here is the number [protected] (I am now on it). Do your homework and make sure to always get the names of who you talked to and write down as much information as you can when talking companies like this.

Here is the letter:

March 9, 2010

RELIABLE READERS' SERVICE
PO BOX 771747
LAKEWOOD OH [protected]

Account number: UB821009322

To Whom It May Concern:

On December 16, 2009, I received a call from [[protected]] Reliable Readers’ Services’ representative named Camille. She proceeded to tell me that I would be put in a drawing for a cruise with your company. The next thing I knew, we were talking about how I would receive 5 magazines at such a great price. I was told by the supervisor named Tammy when your company called that I would be able to change my magazines at any time and that I could cancel my subscription at any time - no questions asked.
On December 18, 2009 I tried calling [protected] the number Tammy said was a working number to call if I wanted to cancel. The number only gave me an option to select 1 to have a text message sent to my phone and the number wasn’t a working number.

When I received the bill around February 23 I tried emailing your company at [protected]@reliablereaders.com to let you know that I would not be able to keep this subscription but the email bounced back to me. I tried calling [protected] the number found on your website and was told I would not be able to cancel my subscription. I asked to speak with a supervisor and the lady would not put me through to a supervisor and when I asked her name she refused to tell me. She told me that I should have receive something in the mail that told me that I would only have had 10 days to cancel my subscription but I did not receive anything (not even the free watch) from your company the only thing I received was the bill for the March 1 payment.

There is only one place on your website that talks about canceling anything and that would be this quote: “Q- What is your Cancellation Policy? A- Orders may be canceled within 72 hours of the time they are placed. We will not cancel any order after it has been sent to a publisher.” You would have to change publishers to change magazines from one to the other so this could not be talking about canceling the magazine subscription, also 72 hours isn’t 10 days, so again this couldn’t be talking about canceling the subscription. No where on your website does it say you can not cancel and/or that you have 10 days to do so? If this is the policy then this should have been told to me on the phone and/or placed on your website in writing.

After careful investigation I found that your company is in fact operating under many different names. United Readers’ Services is one with the exact same website as Reliable Readers’ Services. They both have the same contact information and they both have this quote: “A Quality Magazine Service for Home and Business since 1972” with the exception of “since 1972” missing from the Reliable Readers’ Services site. Attached you will see the two websites with their contact information.

The Telemarketing Sales Rule, effective Dec. 31, 1995, requires telemarketers offering a prize promotion to provide clearly and conspicuously to consumers, before payment, several items of information, including the fact that no purchase is necessary to enter, how consumers who do not wish to make a purchase may enter the prize promotion, and the odds of receiving the prize where there are several prizes. The rule also specifically prohibits others from providing substantial assistance to telemarketers whom they know or consciously avoid knowing are violating key provisions of the rule.

"Project Jackpot, " a joint effort between the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the state Attorneys General and the U.S. Postal Service, targeted firms that fraudulently offered purportedly valuable prizes to consumers to induce them to purchase products.

I feel that you have violated my rights as a consumer and the FTC's Telemarketing Sales Rule by: failing to clearly and conspicuously disclose that no purchase was necessary to win a prize; misrepresenting the value of the prizes; and failing to disclose material limitations and conditions of the prizes. Also by sponsoring the promotion; claiming to send confirmation letters, prizes and bonus items to consumers; taking customer service calls from consumers; and billing consumers' credit cards; misrepresentation of cancelation by a supervisor and non-documentation regarding the time frame of cancelation of the subscription.

Cancel my subscription and do not send me anymore magazines. I will not pay any invoices billed to me for any of the 5 magazines as I have told you in writing that I am canceling this subscription. If the magazines continue to come I will assume that these are a free gift to me as I told you that I do not want them. I DO however want in writing within thirty (30) days, a letter to me confirming this has been canceled and resolved. A copy of this letter and other information pertaining to your company(s) is being retained for future references.

Mandy Johnson

D
Doris L. Kamealoha
Waianae, US
Mar 10, 2011 10:44 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

My husband just got a call today telling him that if he doesn't get a checking account today that they will take my husband to court and that they will garnish my husband's wages. Now my husband said he called them and told them to cancel his subscription but low and behold they are saying that they don't have the recording, but figures that they would have a recording of him saying he wanted the magazines ( because he could be entered in a drawing for a chance to win a trip) but they don't have him cancelling. Now I know most companies will work with you to solve this matter but this lady just wanted all his personal information and a checking account ( it didn't matter if the account was in his name or not), so my husband told her that he didn't know her so why would he even ask someone for their personal information for this. Now I know that this bill is overdue but they want a couple hundred dollars and I don't think it's right that these people are threatning him when he told them to cancel. It's companies like this that make people wary of doing anything like this, all they want out of you is money ( and alot of it). Please someone give me some kind of idea about what I should do about this situation. Thank You for your time.

Richard Lewin
Kenai, US
Aug 20, 2012 4:24 pm EDT

I have also had proplems with Reliable reader service I have wrote letter to them telling them I do not want any of there magazines
And iI feel like I am being scamed . They do"nt understand the word NO . Now they are sending me to collections after five years.
I am telling you if they call you up just hang up . they are a very bad company and should be investegated and closed down .

Howard E
Lewisburg, US
Feb 08, 2012 7:01 am EST

This is all fraud, and forced enterprised product upon an consumer without concent or further obligation from the consumer or the cunsumer having any right to cancel is also internet fraud.

Howard E
Lewisburg, US
Feb 08, 2012 6:58 am EST

I have a whole problem with this and the serious complaint IS that not only is the above complaint valid, there is no way to cancel a subscription on this site or by phone once a consumer is engaged with any obligation rather prize offerings or magazine billings. There isn't anywhere on this site to cancel or unscribe to the subscriptions once obligated, and billed in monthly breakdown for payments and into quarterly installments to yearly balances.

Is Reliable Readers Service legit?

Our verdict: Reliable Readers Service has achieved a rare feat of perfection in legitimacy, as per the rigorous analysis conducted by Complaints Board. This achievement underscores Reliable Readers Service's position as a benchmark of trust and quality within its industry. Users and clients of Reliable Readers Service can engage with its offerings, confident in the knowledge that they are dealing with a top-tier, fully legitimized company.

Reliable Readers Service earns 100% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Reliable Readers Service achives 100% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

The age of Reliable Readers Service's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Reliablereaders.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Reliable Readers Service website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Reliablereaders.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Reliablereaders.com regularly updates its policies to reflect changes in laws, regulations. These policies are easy to find and understand, and they are written in plain language that is accessible to all customers. This helps customers understand what they are agreeing to and what to expect from Reliable Readers Service.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Reliablereaders.com has relatively low traffic compared to other websites, it could be due to a niche focus, but could also indicate a potential lack of traffic and popularity. The reliablereaders.com may offer a niche product or service that is only of interest to a smaller audience.
  • Reliable Readers Service protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Reliable Readers Service contacts