regency gas insertpoor customer service/shoddy product

this company sold me a faulty insert and refuses to fix it. the owner lacks good customer service skills and rips people off. do not buy from this place.

• Un
    Unhapalee Oct 22, 2009

I had the Regency E21 Insert installed (Atlanta, GA area) mid 2005. The company that put it in has never had a tec person that could service it without breaking something, not know how to put the bay back together once they took the front off. Their annual service prices went from $70 up to $300 over 4 years. This year I was told the receiver box inside the unit was fried due to battery acid and not covered under warranty. The oddball thing about this is the insert can be turned on from the switch of that same receiver by flipping the manual button at floor level by reaching your hand back into a dark hole & feeling around for the receiver. The remote control is the connection that won't work. Replacement cost for the small plastic box with two springs and a couple of wires is $308.00, service company told me they wouldn't charge me to come over to install it. Every year after the annual service I have to deal with their service manager to get follow-up done because the service call results with the insert being in worst shape than before the tec serviced it. Regency must not send anyone from their company to do any training with the people that service their products. I really wish I never bought this product. Overall it was not worth the $2900.00 I paid for it, it is junk!