Redboxcharging fees when video returned already

I Review updated:

I rented several movies and returned the same movies. Now, over 60 dollars has been charged to my credit card due to keeping the movies for 14 days. I called twice and was put on hold. Eventually, I spoke with someone (Collette) who staes I returned one movie 2 days ago. Absolutely untrue. After much fuss I was told I will get a $5 refund!!?? No where near what I was charged. They do not issue receipts when you return your movies or when you rent unless you put in your email address. I declined putting in my remail address not knowing this is the only way I can get a receipt.

• R
      Aug 26, 2009
    Redbox - overcharging 2 months later!
    redbox
    Florida

I had not used redbox in over 2 months, when they overcharged my debit card for rented (and returned) movies! After calling redbox and speaking to someone who came to this country on a floating door, I was told they would not reverse their charges (no supervisor available to speak with ??? if one exits) Do NOT use these dvd rental kiosks! I had to report fraud to my bank, get a new debitcard, and buy new checks, and.. it will take me up to 90 days to get my money back!!! Word to the wise, use another dvd service. ( I use my debit card every day and this is the first time I've delt with FRAUD!!!)

• H
      Aug 30, 2009

Same thing happened to me :-( Netflix is much better :-)

• M
      Sep 11, 2009

Same experience here. Redbox is a SCAM!

• M
      Sep 25, 2009

Thisw happened to me a few times also. Like I would rent one movie and get charged for 2, but I never compained as it was only $1.00 plus tax overcharge. Then they sontinued to do it each time I rented one movie. Last time I did it, they charged my card 2 weeks after I had returned themovies, which I had only used one night to save money. I bet they do this to everyone but since no one cares about "just a dollar"...Imagine how much money they make from ripping off each person dollar by dollar...I am NEVER gonna rent ANYTHING from these machines again!!

• F
      Mar 09, 2010

The same thing happened to me. I was charged $26 for allegedly not returning zombieland over 3 weeks ago. I never enter my e-mail address because its a hassle and I don't want to receive spam e-mails. I, too, was unaware this was the only method of getting a receitp. Now, three weeks later, they charge me $26 out of the blue for a movie that I returned the next day. With no receipt, I can't prove that I returned it. What's to stop them from claiming they didn't receive a movie. I can't prove that they did. Eventually, after a long, annoying conversation about their receipt policy, they agreed to refund the money to my card. But i won't trust this until I actually see the charge reversed, and even if they do refund it, I will be hesitant to use them again. What's to prevent this from happening again?

• L
      Jun 17, 2010
    Redbox - Bad experience
    Redbox

Redbox charged me three days of use for a video that was supposed to be free to introduce people to their product. And I didn't even get to watch the video.

On top of that when I called to ask for the $1.36 charge to be removed, I was treated poorly and rudely by the woman who answered the phone.

I would NOT recommend this service based on my experience; there are a lot of options for watching movies.

• I
      Aug 16, 2010
    Redbox - Stay away
    Redbox

Rented a movie, which by the way, was ACTUALLY IN, went to return the next day and the box was not accepting movies...so as all the other complaints I have read I was on the phone for 25 minutes...their STANDARD WAIT TIME, asked that after trying to return the movie to TWO boxes that didn/t work asked that my monies for the movies be retuurned as well as any late charges...she agreed over the phone, but not in her "RECORDS"

People, Our money will speak louder than any of these type forums...tell everone about the NO CUSTOMER SERVICE that REDBOX provides and go elsewhere with your money...They will get the message when the company closes!!

• R
      Sep 10, 2010

The promo code is good for a ONE NIGHT RENTAL. It's not our fault you decided to forget to return it for 3 days. As for being treatly poorly?.. How so? Elaborate, please.

May 08, 2011

thats because redbox had tried to charge y0ur card but the charge was rejected from your bank. likely because you had lack of funds. go to your bank! they can tell you its been rejected once every 7 days.

May 08, 2011

lol lol lol 25 minutes is not the standard wait time! i called and got ahold of the CSR's within 5 seconds. I talked to a lovely sounding guy named dustin, and he helped me making me feel loved and appreciated. I of course asked for confirmation number to confirm the promised refund, and it went threw as Dustin had promised.

• N
      May 25, 2011
    Redbox - bank charge w/o DVD
    Broadway St., zip: 77584
    Pearland
    Texas

I have been renting DVDs via Redbox for several months without problems. However, when I "slid" my card to pay for my selections last evening, 5/24/11 p.m., there was a screen notice that the transaction could not go through. Therefore, I was shocked/surprised to see that the charge went through although the DVD did not!
    I was charged $3.25 for no movie, not a lot of money but still an erroneous charge. Makes me wonder how many other small charges I or others miss.

• Gee, if only you had taken the time to call customer service I'm sure they would have explained that you wouldn't be charged anything and that the $3.25 charge was only the temporary authorization done by your card provider when you swiped your card.

Sep 06, 2012
    Redbox - False Redbox promotions
    Redbox

I filled out a survey online to get a free redbox DVD rental. I was given a promotional code and the next day went to a kiosk to redeem the free rental. A message was displayed on the screen that the code was already used. I was complaining to a friend about that and she told me the same thing happened to her. This alludes me to believe that redbox is regularly giving out bogus codes in exchange for surveys, surveys that take more than 15 minutes of personal time. I don’t want to use redbox anymore.

• O
      Sep 06, 2012

Did you ever stop and think that maybe Redbox is not affiliated with the survey site? Did you call Redbox and ask, or just get on here and whine about it? I've dealt with Redbox before and they were a breeze. But instead of giving them the chance to rectify a problem that they didn't create, you'd rather drag their name through the mud? Nice. Grow up, quit whining.

• C
      Feb 27, 2013
    Redbox - Returns
    Montana

I sent my husband, father and mother out to return movies to redbox 2 days in a row. And the boxes would not take the movies I called to find out how I can return them if the boxes won't take them. They would claimed there is not issue with the boxes and I am stuck paying for movies I don't want that they won't take back. Never again will I use these rental, They need to take their movies back and not say your stuck with them now you have to pay.