Red Roof Inns / poor customer service

Ja Jul 11, 2019

On May 15, 2019 I had a reservation for the Red Roof Inn in Des Moines, Iowa. When I made the reservation through Hotels.com I asked for a ground floor room due to a disability. When I arrived at the hotel, the gentleman at the front desk said the price of $61.87 {tax included} I had paid was for a second floor room only. The first floor queen rooms were $80.63, including taxes. I asked that the extra $18.76 be charged to my card as I am unable to climb stairs. He said that was not possible, that i would have to contact Hotels.com, cancel my room and rebook in person. I told him my reservation was non-refundable, but he said due to my disability it would be refunded within three business days. I also emphasized to this gentleman that I was wearing a post-surgical boot and have a valid state-issued permanent disability placard for my vehicle.

When I had not received my refund of $61.87 by May 23, I sent an email to Red Roof Inn, who had me fill out a complaint form. It was sent to the manager of the Des Moines hotel, who told me the extra $18.76 was an "upgrade" for a ground floor room. When I sent him a rely asking why I as not refunded the original $61.87, my email was returned as "Undeliverable".

I then sent a reply to my original email on May 25th, stating I was unable to make contact with the Des Moines hotel by email, but had called him and he refused to refund my original price.