FILE A COMPLAINT

Red Roof Innstolen property

I caution anyone looking to "save money" and stay at the Red Roof Inn.

I recently stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Harrisburg, PA. I figured I would save 20.00 by staying there with my family for the night while going to Hershey.

Unfortunately, my son realized that he didn't have his IPAD the next evening. I immediately contacted the RED ROOF INN and was told that the room was "partially stripped" but
YOUR SECOND CLASS employees (who I was informed by the local police authorities had several other instances of misconduct in the same month) clearly stole my son’s IPAD. I was informed by your manager and general manager that the room was “partially stripped but surprisingly, my son's IPAD was no where to be found.

I spoke with both the Manager and General Manager at that location who admitted that someone had clearly entered the room, began cleaning it and must have seem the IPAD and left. They assurred me that because of this, the RED ROOF INN would reimburse me for my stolen property.

I followed protocol, filing a local police report. The detective assigned informed me that this particular location had a history of issues and that the RED ROOF INN should do the "right thing and reimburse me".

Well, low and behold, I got a denial letter claiming they were not "legally liable"

Not only does the RED ROOF INN put their customer's safety in danger, they also do not care about their customer's personal property and experience.

PLEASE FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY, DO NOT STAY AT ANY RED ROOF INN!!!

In an industry where customer service and reputation is paramount, the Red Roof Inn puts their customer's personal belongings and safety on the bottom of their priorities.

• Brenda* Aug 16, 2012

No hotel takes responsibility or is liable for lost, stolen, or left property. Hopefully your son will learn from this and be more responsible and mindful of his belongings.