RCI EXCELLENCEBAIT AND SWITCH

D

Incident
I recieved an email with last mintute promotions, upon trying to book A a room at the discounted rate, I was told none were availiable, but I could cash in one of my certificates for a discounted rate of $599.00 for the week. I feel into the trap and later felt a bit unsettled. I called to the resort and asked a few questions and was suprised to find it was much further away then I was led to believe and that I could book the exact same room for $50. per night off expedia. A savings of $400.00 to me which is considerable during a recession. I contacted RCI to cancel my reservation and was told absolutley no refund would be given. I feel like I have been baited and switched and scammed. I am a careful consumer and spend a great deal of time researching my travels but this has never ever happened.