Rcd mails informing of claims on behalfNational hQ bldg,Hemstead Rosen Cornwell, Awards Compilation Div

Dear Sir

I have received several letters claiming settlement for my behalf and informing that I have won large amount of money, eg.$1,432,743.56 usd FROM WILLIAMS & SOUTHBY, nATIONAL HQ BUILDING, ADDRESS suite 128 Unit 6, 16 Coombend,Radstock,BA3 3bn, UNITED kINGDOM AND ALSO SAME ADDRESS FROM HEMSTEAD ROSEN CORNWELL, & ANOTHER COMPANY IS AWARDS COMPILATION DIVISION, EACH TIME ASKING FOR US$20/- PER SETTLEMENT AND EACH TIME COMES WITH SEVERAL SAME TYPE OF LETTERS.Initially thought its real but after returning 2 copies fo their settlement amounting to US40/- AND NO PAYMENT RECEIVED i KNEW IT HAS BEEN A SCAM.Could your authority kindly investigate as I have no access to any of the search to check whether is for real.Your asst is greatly appreciated. Thank you and Merry Christmas for the coming year.Sincerely samantha

John Dec 20, 2007

You're really dumb. Somebody else is also dumb, but not really dumb, as they made $40 off ya.

• Ga
    gary bell Jan 09, 2008

My 79 year old mother has been receiving these letters from numerous companies.

The name of the occupants of 16 coombend radstock is now BUTLER, CONAHAN and GOLDSTEIN.

They all tell her she has won money in USA SWEEPSTAKES.
    They have her tormented.

How do we stop these letters

Best Regards,
    Gary.

• Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,ich hoffe Sie verstehen die Deutsche Sprache? Sie hatten mir geschrieben ich hätte 962.344.75 Euro gewonnen was ich kaum glauben kann?????? Es kommen mir sehr grosse Zweifel daß können Sie glauben weil ich sehr viele Briefe erhalte wo ich angeblich gewonnen habe was ich kaum glauben kann.Ich hoffe es gibt noch erhliche MENSCHEN???? was ich aber bezweifel,ich hoffe es geht mit richtigen dingen zu weil ich Ihnen die 20,Euro überweisen möchte und glaube Sie sind erhliche Menschen.Ich sollte die 20Euro Ihnen bis spättens zum 18.01.08 überweisen daß schaff ich leider nicht weil ich vom Amt lebe ich hoffe Sie haben dafür verständnis,ich kann Ihnen die 20,Euro erst zum Monatsende überweisen so ich hoffe es stimmt wirklich was mir geschrieben wurde.Liebe Grüße Frank Kentrat

Andre le Roux Apr 22, 2008

I received 2 claims letters from Butler, Conan and Gold stein - $962, 344.75 US, and hem Stead, Ros en and Corn well - $1, 256, 798.67 on same day (22 April 2008). I checked by Complains Board and could see that they could be fraud.
    I am living in South Africa and could not afford both the total settlement for $40 US. (ZAR320).
    How could they stop it to post?
    thanks
    Andre le Roux
    Cape Town, ZA

• Pr
    Pradeep Apr 25, 2008

Now these kinda spams are being sent to India through postal service. Theft has improved even technically. In my case, I immediately checked for the telephone number, telephone number was missing and then I checked for the website it wasn't mentioned. And then I searched in google and finally I came to a conclusion thats its a spam mail.

International Property Disposition notification and payment division
    16 Coombend Radstock, BA3 3BN,
    United Kingdom.

This was the address mentioned in the letter. Its really strange to know how these people get the correct address. Its really a big threat for the innocent people. Government should take serious action in this issue and should save the people and at the same time people should be sensible enough to discriminate things. Guys always remember " Nothin is worth in this world when it comes for free" ...

Thanks
    Pradeep (INDIAN)

• Na
    Nagaraj (Bangalore,India) Apr 28, 2008

I too received a similar mail from International Property Disposition Notification & Payment Division with address as below:
    Suite 128, Unit 6, 16 Coombend Radstock, BA3 3BN, UK.

But I could not find this company on the web or there is any telephone or contact numbers in the mail.

Be aware!!

Thanks.

Nagaraj

• Rc
    Rcik Apr 29, 2008

This letter is a pile of ###! How can anyone be stupid enough toi fall for such a hoax? I better not hear of anyone falling for such a scam. Throw these damn letters in the garbage and write back telling them they could kiss your ###...

Rick

• Br
    Brittany Hart Apr 29, 2008

I have just received one of these letters a couple of days ago and I have not yet taken any action but I do plan on taking the letter to my lawyer.
    Because the letter comes with so called official documents I am sure something legal can be done about this scam.

• Ro
    Robert Apr 29, 2008

WOW, for $20.00 USD, they are going to give me a 2008 Land Rover or a cheque for $42, 560.00 . Amazing ! Can't get over my luck . I never purchased a lotto ticket or entered any give away contests . They sure make it look good with the documents they send with the letter . R.D.Rosenbohm is the name signed in as Director in Chief . I'll tell you now, I'm keeping my $20.00 for a case of beer for the Hockey game, it will end up in the toilet, at least I'll know where it went . What a SCAM . Robert.

• Ka
    Kalpana Kotwal Apr 29, 2008

I received this letter yesterday, by post, informing me the delivery of a Landrover or Rs. 1, 836, 570.47 payable by cheque. I did not know what to make of the offer, so I informed my daughter about it. She advised me to tear the letter and throw it in the dustbin, as her father-in-law also has been receiving such letters. He has learnt a lesson after wasting few thousand rupees. For verifying the authenticity of the company I searched on google and came across this forum. How on earth they get our correct addresses? It is very risky..what must be happening to those, who give their credit card details to such company? Somebody should do something about this International racket and save innocent people from falling prey to such scams!

• Ra
    Rahul Apr 30, 2008

I too got the same letter today through post..

• Ab
    Abhishek Apr 30, 2008

This is a very large scale scam. This isn't the first company in the list of frauds. These companies have been identified as fraud by govt bodies and people all over are being warned not to send in cash/credit card/personal/financial details. I got a similar letter today here in New Delhi, India asking for Rs. 1000/- as Assignment fees. Stamped from Singapore, money to be sent to UK, that too, in cash, to some R. D. Rosenbohm, Director in Chief, with no phone no, email etc to contact. Please ignore all such mailers, shread them right away.

• Ar
    Arijit Nandi Apr 30, 2008

Hi All,

Exactly Yesterday I recd a mail pack with Singapore Postal Stamp. The content is Property Disposition Certificate - that I have to pay Rs. 1000 and send to address
    INTERNATIONAL PROPERTY DISPOSITION, SUITE 128, UNIT 6, REDSTOCK, BA3 3BN UK.

WOW, the write up is I have won a LANDROVER worth Rs. 18, 36, 570.47.

Anybody interested in this deal - may contact at this address :)
    But the most interesting address of this mail is HOW THEY ARE GETTING GENUINE POSTAL ADDRESS OF US IN INDIA ?

Sanjay Chanda Apr 30, 2008

I got the letter bearing the same details and award.. was from Singapore and Rs. 1000/- to be sent to UK for winning a Land Rover or Rs. 18 Lakhs... trhese are all fraud mails and been receiving them regularly.. i think they pickup name/addresses from the job websites as far i can think...

Milind Kohmaria Apr 30, 2008

I received a letter from such a company before 30 minutes approx. I dont have any connections with Singapore, from where the air mail has been delivered.

1- How did they get my home adrress????
    2- Why they chose me to gift a Land Rover (Rs 1, 836, 570.47)????
    3- Why havent no contact details been provided???
    4- Is this a fraud???

Finally i decided to surf google and luckily saved 1000 Rs, which some innocent people might pay. I totally agree with Pradeep's cmment. Its surprising how these people get exact addresses. I dont think there's much Govt. can do. But we can and should use our head when we come accross such letters.

Luckily, my aunt who recides in USA was here and told me about such fraud companies. Before you pay any such foreign company, such advise from some NRI is strongly recommended.

Beware of this:

"A 2008 Land Rover Defender 90 Station Wagon Or Cash Value Rs 1, 836, 570.47"

• Bu
    Bumer2314 Apr 30, 2008

I agree I also received a 2008 Land Rover Defender 90 worth apparently 42, 560.00US I live in Canada and they also got my entire address. I have already send the kiss my ### letter. International Property Disposition has changed their address but by just a bit.

Here is there most recent address (April 30th 2008)

UK, BA3 4FG

Similar but not the same, why don't they get caught in the UK I am pretty much sure If I try this here in Canada I would get caught within a week.

Sandeep Apr 30, 2008

This is actually spam of the highest nature folks... extremely genuine looking documents accompanying the letter landing here at New Delhi addressed to me... when I have had no connections whatsoever in Singapore (from where the mail came) or for that matter UK.

I have also received this spam mailer at my home postal address in New Delhi yesterday... and look at the beauty of the scam... by what I read above - I am sure hundreds of such letter have been delivered in India yesterday itself.

BEWARE ALL... this is a scam... huge scam and just stay the ### out of it.

Obviously, the company is non - existent on the web.

Would also request all of you to post this on the yahoo / google groups you would be members of as I am sure that this letter has hit many like us... lets try and prevent even a single person from falling into this huge trap.

Sandeep

• Vi
    Virginia May 02, 2008

I also recieved this letter in the mail a few days ago.Mind you the Land Rover or the $42, 560.00 sounds good, , , but please how gullible do these PEOPLE think we are..And as the others have said, , they can kiss my ###..Please do not fall for this scam..

• Ni

Radstock, BA3 3BN
    United Kingdom

R.D. Rosenbohm
    Director in Chief.

Promising a Land Rover / Rs. 18, 36, 570 in cash.

• Hi
    hiromom.jp May 02, 2008

i also received a letter from INTERNATIONAL PROPERTY DISPOSITION, SUITE 128, UNIT 6, REDSTOCK, BA3 3BN UK. informing me about a 2008 land rover they have in hold for meand of a 20$ fee. i immediately know that this is a scam. please don't send back your money because this is a complete fruad. to the authorities please invistigate how this fruad company get access to my address. it is really frightening
    to know that someone has easy access to my address that i know nothing about.

• Bh
    Bharat Virmani May 06, 2008

I too have received letter for delivery of 2008 Land Rover Defender 90 Station Wagon.
    Bull ###. It is a crude method of extracting money. Such communications should be thrown in the gutter box.

• Sh
    shishimaro May 06, 2008

Contact me who someone get Land Rover or $42, 560 cheque for real. I am one of the receiver from japAn.

I am going to tell you international property disposition of radstock !!! I want to become owner 2008 Land Rover Deffender 90 Station Wagon so bad.

• Ko
    KOMAL SINGH NEGI May 08, 2008

Hi,

This is totally bull ###, don't entertain these kind of mails/letter. I have also reced the same letter by saying that accept the 2008 Land Rover Defender 90 station Wagon or Accept the vehicle's cash value (Rs. 1, 836, 570.47, payable by certified cheque. How it is possible that without doing anything I am getting somthing, please beware. ONE THING IS VERY CLEAR THAT NOTHING COMES FREE IN THIS WORLD.

Komal Singh Negi, India (Gurgaon, Haryana).

• Bh
    bharat May 08, 2008

UK, BA3 4FG

I decided to surf google and luckily saved 1000 Rs.

anita May 10, 2008

Yes I also received a letter from International Property Disposition and that I can claim a Land Rover 2008 Defender 90 Station Wagon with a value of US 42, 560 with an assignment fee of US20. The return address is as follows:

International Property Consignments Payment & Disposition Division
    Suite 128, Unit 6, 16 Coombend Radstock
    BA3 3BN UK

and if you want to remove your name in their list just send them all the documents in this address:

Customer Service-IPD
    Suie 51, Unit 4 Old Down Business Park
    Emborought, Radstock
    Ba3 4FG UK

I want to believe this letter for they mail me...and I am wondering how they got my exact address here in Japan...
    Amazing...if this real then ... I am lucky...if its a scam then its alright coz I never send them US20.

Anie

• Sh
    shraddha May 12, 2008

well, even i have been getting such letters from "international property disposition notification and payment division"

UK, BA3 4FG
    the mail is asking me to claim
    "A 2008 Land Rover Defender 90 Station Wagon Or Cash Value Rs 1, 836, 570.47"
    well this is definitely a scam and a great one.
    i genuinely don't have any connections in Singapore (from the place this letter comes from).
    i don't how and from where this people get are addresses and contact nos.
    they themselves have not provided any kind of contact details like the website or phone nos...
    this is huge scam and people should stay out of this.
    lord knows how many Indians have fallen prey to all this nuisance!

please beware of all this!

shraddha(Indian)

• Ni
    NICOLE May 12, 2008

Beware Folks,

I live in Northern Ontario, Canada and here is a list that I have been receiving for over a Year now, about these scams and always asking a Disbursment fee of $20.00 to $35.00..Even letters about them holding property and vehicles under my name! 6 different compagny name but stupid them always the same return address as being PO BOX 720, Station Main Delta, BC, Canada, V4K 5C1...I'm not falling 4 it!

1. SILVERMAN & O'MALLEY
    2. BUTLER, CONAHAN & GOLDSTEIN
    3. Atlantic Unified Entitlement
    4. International Award Payment Center
    5. Williams & Southby
    6.International Property Disposition

PS.. I am really tired of these scammers bugging me!

Nicole

Michelle May 13, 2008

Hi, so I live in Japan at the moment and my student a 15 year old boy recieved one of these letters, land rover and cash.
    I told him not to pay it and rip it up!
    How did they and why did they target at 15 year old non-english speaking boy!
    That is just dispicable. But it just goes to show how far scammers will go!
    They prey on people who can not understand the letter properly.
    How low.

Michelle

Michelle May 13, 2008

Hi, I live in Japan at the moment and this letter was sent to a student of mine. He is 15 years old and does not speak English very well. I told him to not pay the US $20 and to rip it up!
    They offered him car and cash same as the others.
    It just goes to show how despicable scammers are.
    How low they will go, most likely they are now preying on people who can not understand the letter well.

Michelle.

• Pa
    Paul S Harmer May 14, 2008

We have only just found out my elderly neighbour and her handicapped daughter has been getting these letters for over a year now and has sent thousands of pounds to them. She cannot afford to but has been totally taken in and has even put in an offer on a house on the strength of the so called promises made in the letter. They need what little they have to live. They are cleverly constructed but totally bogus. I cannot make her see the truth in these terrible scams.
    Paul

• Al
    Alexander De Graaf May 18, 2008

The scam has come to Europe now. I live in Belgium and received today a letter with a Canadian postal stamp on my official address, containing official looking documents from the International Property Division. It says that I could receive a 2008 Land Rover Defender 90 Station Wagon worth 26, 500 Euros or the same amount by cheque. I have to respond immediatly by paying 30 euros and then they'll send me a cheque or the address of a Land Rover Shop in the neighbourhood where I can pic up my Defender.
    There is no telephonenumber or website mentioned in the letter, nor an e-mailaddress, just the contactaddress in the UK whereto I have to send my 30 euros:

International Porperty Disposition
    Notification & Payment Division
    Radstock, BA3 3BN
    United Kingdom.

Sure hope this is a scam and that some officials will take action!
    Greetz,
    Alex

• Pr
    Pradeepk_in May 20, 2008

Hi all,
    I too have recieved the same letter. If it was not for this forum a lot of people would have been fooled. i am admiring Mr RD Rosenbohm, Director in chief (if there is one actually) to come up with an international scam. i got the letter in mumbai (india) so it is not restrcited to delhi alone.
    well whatever be it these guys have taken a lot of pain to produce good looking documents and getting our addresses right. impressive. i agree with sandeep that the govt may not be able to do anything about. probably some newspapers could get the cue and help people out. Besides nicole has given us a list of 7 firms posting such letters. we can expect to get letters from those firms and have a great laugh about it.

Anyway i thank the forum and all for saving my 1000 bucks
    Pradeep

• Vi
    vivek gaur May 23, 2008

Thanks to all of you guys for this information, i also got same kind of letter from singapore and when i googled then i come to know this is fraud.

Thanks again to everybody
    vivek

• Ro
    Rod Foronda May 23, 2008

Received same type of letter from:
    Awards Compilation Division
    Department of Executive Proceedings
    Radstock
    BA3 3BN
    United Kingdom
    Informing me of a winning of $959, 000.00 or more and is certified, authorised and signed by J. Peter Sartin, Director.
    Am wondering how they got my address and how many more are victims...

• Mo
    Mohit Agarwal May 29, 2008

THIS IS FAKE !!
    The first look at this letter makes one feel good .. it looks really real .. but is a SCAM ! You look at the post .. a mail from Singapore .. the content looks sort of real with that fake certificate & ### .
    Then I looked for a phone # in the post which was missing .. next I tried to google it when I came acoross this site . and BOOOM !! I realised it was all FAKE . Thanks to this website I saved Rs.1000 which I was about to send .
    At times when you receive such "SCAM prize money you have won" mails ... you know that it must be FAKE but in flashes you start dreaming ... what if its true .. what if this one is not fake .. a Rs1000 vs Rs. 18 lakhs ... lets gamble with a 1000 bucks .. WHAT IF factor comes in place ...
    But thanks to this portal .. I saved my Rs.1000 .

ANIL JAIN May 31, 2008

Well, even i have got exactly same letter from "international property disposition notification and payment division"

UK, BA3 4FG

the letter is asking me to claim
    "A 2008 Land Rover Defender 90 Station Wagon Or Cash Value Rs 1, 836, 570.47" by payment of an assignment fee of Rs. 1000/- by cash or cheque or credit card.
    well this is definitely a scam and a great one.
    i don't how and from where these people get our exact addresses and contact nos.
    this is huge scam and people should stay out of this.

• Na
    Nayan Jun 01, 2008

I stay in Bangalore. I also received similar mail today asking me to send Rs.1000/- for the further proceedings. Thank god that I googled for this and found its reality. we should really fight against these non-existing companies and should prevent people falling in these traps.

• Be
    berta Jun 06, 2008

i olso god a letter from
    21st century assurance
    suite 128, unit 6
    16 coombend, radstock
    uk, ba3 3bn

i olways know it's not a real letter
    people don't send 20 euro bicorse it's not real

berta

holland

• Ab
    abhay shedbalkar Jun 18, 2008

My Boss, who is a globetrotter received similar set of documents stating that he has won a Land Rover or an amount o Rs.1, 836, 570.47.

He has never given any of his personal details, for a lottery or so, and was wondering all about these documents.

The million dollar question is how these touts get the minute details of a person, secondly how can they encash cheques issued in their fovor.
    Whether international Banks are also involved in this, needs to be checked.

I adviced My boss to scrap these documents and forget about the same.

Abhay
    18.07.08

• La
    Laura Jun 18, 2008

I have been getting these letters also and it says I've won a 2008 Landover or $44, 900.00 Canadian $$. Address is International Property Disposition Notification and payment division PO box 720 Station Main, Delta, B.C. Canada V4K 5C1. I did a reverse lookup on Canada Post and it's a valid address.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices