Rajiv Gandhi Institute of TechnologyComplaint against rgit director, managing director, principal for slavery practices in college

I

To 30.11.2016
The Vice Chancellor

Respected Sir,

As per our telephonic discussion today, I am writing this email to summarize our discussed contents:
I had called the AICTE, New Delhi Office (011-[protected]) and the concerned person informed me to contact the VTU office for the OMBUDSMAN procedure. Then I had called you up to follow the right procedure.

I would like to register a case under Grievances Redressal Committee OMBUDSMAN against the malpractices/slavery practices of Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Hebbal, R.T.Nagar, Bangalore 560032.

The grievances are as follows:
1. The college had collected my certificates since joining the job in July, 2014.
2. The salary of May and June, 2015 is held by college without giving any notice to me.
3. I had submitted my resignation in Sept, 2015. According to college offer letter, 3 months advance notice is required for resignation. And I have given it.
4. The college informed that they shall give my original degree certificates after VTU Local Inspection Committee. And it was held in April, 2016 as the college wanted to show me as faculty even I had resigned long back.
5. Even after continuous emails and phone calls, College Principal and Management were not responding to return my degree certificates and salary.
6. Then College Principal issued me a notice " Absconding from duty dated 9th June, 2016" and demanded Rs1.8 lakhs (One lakh and Eighty thousand only).
7. I have requested the RGIT Principal several times to recall the "Absconding from duty notice", but the college Principal has not responded to my letters.

The college Principal has done this malpractice of slavery practices over long time and has tortured the faculty members for years. Also the college always holds the past 1 or 2 months salary on every current months.

Recently, the college has returned the degree certificates of the existing RGIT faculties and asked to give notary xerox copies of degree certificates followed by previous emails. The college has done this to falsify my previously made claim that College is holding the degree certificates.

Summarizing my Grievances:

First, the college is holding my degree certificates since date of joining the job in the name of verification of degree certificates.
Third, holding my salary without any notice to me since May, 2016.
Forth, issuing me "Absconding from duty notice" even though I was in continuous touch with Principal and Management via Phone, Emails and letters. This affects my professional ethics.
Fifth, lot of mental stress and torture due to not giving my original certificates and salary
Sixth, the college Principal has not taken any action to recall his "Absconding from duty notice" so far.

For the above grievances, I request you to consider my grievances under the provisions of OMBUDSMAN.
I kindly request you to take the necessary action so that its a good lesson for everyone.

I have attached the AICTE notice for OMBUDSMAN for your kind reference. (Newspaper The Hindu, dated 27th August, 2016, Bangalore)

As we had discussed, I shall receive response from your end in a couple of days.

I have attached all the trail mails of my communications with RGIT Principal and attachments for your references.

The College Principal, Management is kept in loop so that they are aware of our communications and they should not react to it like any surprise regarding OMBUDSMAN. Already I have informed the College Principal about OMBUDSMAN in my previous letters.

After registering a police complaint with the Bangalore Police commissioner, I received my degree certificates and salary on 26th September, 2016.

Ph- [protected] Email: [protected]@gmail.com

• Updated by Indrajit_mandal · Dec 04, 2016

Conversation opened. 1 read message.

Skip to content

Re: COLLECTION OF YOUR DOCUMENTS
    Inbox
    x

Indra M
    AttachmentsNov 30 (5 days ago)

to KOMAL, Principal, Sunil, Ramaprasad, research, sorob4, re, registrar, swro, chairman, ms, ushanatesan, vimleshsoni, adapproval, sangeetachaina., chranjeetrakhra, shailendersats., dewankanchan, nhsswamy, anju, director.aicte, gujjumanusree, simmimahajan, budhanmehto, harindersingh
    To 30.11.2016
    The Vice Chancellor

CC: 1. College Principal - RGIT
    2. RGIT Management
    3. AICTE office, New Delhi

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 5:29 PM, Indra M wrote:
    Bangalore 560001

Subject: Thanks to Bangalore Police for fighting against Corrupt Educational Institution

Dear Sir,

I would like to thank your Bangalore Police team members for cooperating with me for fighting against the corrupted educational institution Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Hebbal, R.T.Nagar Bangalore 560032.
    Three cheers 👏👏👏 to the fast and brave work of the Bangalore Police Team.

I would like to inform you that I have received my salary and original degree certificates from RGIT through Hebbal Police station on 26th Sept, 2016. I have also received my relieving letter from RGIT that was sent through post.

Rest of the grievances shall be handled in the court of Law. I have decided to take suitable actions through court. This brave work shall be published on the online media and local Newspapers. I am very happy with quick response from the Bangalore Police.

My special thanks to Mr. Muniraju (Inspector- Hebbal) for his cooperation and support.

Thank you once again.

From
    Phone: [protected]
    West Bengal

On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 10:44 AM, Indra M wrote:
    To Date: 03/10/2016
    Bangalore

Subject: Complaint against RGIT Director, Managing director, Principal for not responding to giving my Relieving order letter

Respected Sir,

Happy Navratri to you and your family.

This is for your kind information that the RGIT Director, Managing Director and Principal have not responded to my letters regarding the RELIEVING ORDER certificate so far. I have requested many times but they have not responded. This shows high degree of carelessness from the end of RGIT Principal and Management as we have seen already. On 26th September, I received only the original degree certificates, experience certificate at Hebbal Police station in the presence of Police Inspector Muniraju sir.

I kindly request you to take the necessary action for getting my RELIEVING ORDER at the earliest. This is highly important for joining a new job in Kolkata.

Thanks in advance.

Looped in Bangalore Police, VTU registrar and RGIT Management so that all are aware about our communications.

Best regards

Dr. Indrajit Mandal
    phone- [protected]

On Sat, Oct 1, 2016 at 1:33 PM, Indra M wrote:

From: Indra M
    Date: Sat, Oct 1, 2016 at 1:33 PM
    Subject: Re: COLLECTION OF YOUR DOCUMENTS
    To: Principal RGIT, [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], Sunil Sadasivan, KOMAL JAIN, Ramaprasad Sn, hebbalbcp, "Commissioner of Police, Bengaluru City.", DCP North BCP, DCP North BCP, ACP JC Nagar

To Date: 01/10/2016

Subject: Gentle reminder for 3rd time: Request for Relieving order -reg

Respected Sir,

It is for your kind information that you have forgotten to give me the relieving order on 26/09/2016 at the Hebbal Police Station, Bangalore. The relieving certificate is required to join job at my native place West Bengal. Already you have caused sufficient damage to my career financially and mentally by holding my degree certificates since joining the RGIT job (24/07/2014) and I received my original certificates on 26/09/2016 at the Hebbal Police station. So I hope you realized it by this time and you will send the relieving order at the earliest by the end of the day.

Kindly send me the scanned copy on the email at the earliest and the hard copy by post to my residential address.

If you do not respond Monday - end of day ( 3rd September, 2016 ) and send me the scanned copy of the relieving order, I shall initiate the legal step from my end. The relieving order should mention the date of relieving from the duty of RGIT. I am not able to join new job without it and you will be held entirely responsible for the financial losses at my end and as a head of the RGIT institution, you have to bear it. The more you delay, the more penalty shall be incurred.

To return my original degree certificates, you took 26 months from the date of joining RGIT (from July, 2014 to Sept, 2016) under the umbrella of "Verification of original degree certificates". Now let me see how many months you take for giving me the RELIEVING ORDER from RGIT.

Thank you in advance.

The mail is looped to VTU Registrar, Regional office, RGIT Director, MD & Bangalore Police so that all are aware of our communication.

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 6:57 PM, Indra M wrote:
    To Date: 30/09/2016

Subject: Gentle reminder for 2nd time: Request for relieving order -reg

Thank you in advance.

The mail is looped to VTU officials, RGIT Director, MD so that all are aware of our communication.

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 9:27 AM, Indra M wrote:

Advocate
    Malleswaram, Bangalore

Subject: Prepare defamation case against RGIT Principal

Dear Sir,

As RGIT Principal has not responded to my request for recalling the "Showcause notice dated 9th June, 2016" even though I have written several emails and letters requesting him the same.

Let them learn that keeping quiet will not solve the problem at hand. As RGIT has tortured repeatedly many faculties on the same ground. So you please prepare to file a suit for " Defamation case under IPC section 499/500". Prepare the case for imprisonment and fine as per the law of the country (reference given below). Whatever is legally possible, kindly you take the steps. I have attached the details of IPC section 499/500 for the reference of others in the mailing list.

The message is looped to Principal, Director, MD of RGIT, Bangalore Police, Labour Commissioner, AICTE, VTU officials so that all are aware about our communication.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

[protected]

http://www.indianlawcases.com/Act-Indian.Penal.Code, [protected]

Central Government Act
    Section 499 in The Indian Penal Code
    499. Defamation.—Whoever, by words either spoken or intended to be read, or by signs or by visible representations, makes or publishes any imputation concerning any person intending to harm, or knowing or having reason to believe that such imputation will harm, the reputation of such person, is said, except in the cases hereinafter expected, to defame that person. Explanation 1.—It may amount to defamation to impute anything to a deceased person, if the imputation would harm the reputation of that person if living, and is intended to be hurtful to the feelings of his family or other near relatives. Explanation 2.—It may amount to defamation to make an imputation concerning a company or an association or collection of persons as such. Explanation 3.—An imputation in the form of an alternative or expressed ironically, may amount to defamation. Explanation 4.—No imputation is said to harm a person’s reputa­tion, unless that imputation directly or indirectly, in the estimation of others, lowers the moral or intellectual character of that person, or lowers the character of that person in respect of his caste or of his calling, or lowers the credit of that person, or causes it to be believed that the body of that person is in a loathsome state, or in a state generally considered as disgrace­ful. Illustrations
    (a) A says—“Z is an honest man; he never stole B’s watch”; in­tending to cause it to be believed that Z did steal B’s watch. This is defamation, unless it fall within one of the exceptions.
    (b) A is asked who stole B’s watch. A points to Z, intending to cause it to be believed that Z stole B’s watch. This is defama­tion unless it fall within one of the exceptions.
    (c) A draws a picture of Z running away with B’s watch, intending it to be believed that Z stole B’s watch. This is defamation, unless it fall within one of the exceptions. First Exception.—Imputation of truth which public good requires to be made or published.—It is not defamation to impute anything which is true concerning any person, if it be for the public good that the imputation should be made or published. Whether or not it is for the public good is a question of fact. Second Exception.—Public conduct of public servants.—It is not defamation to express in a good faith any opinion whatever re­specting the conduct of a public servant in the discharge of his public functions, or respecting his character, so far as his character appears in that conduct, and no further. Third Exception.—Conduct of any person touching any public question.—It is not defamation to express in good faith any opinion whatever respecting the conduct of any person touching any public question, and respecting his character, so far as his character appears in that conduct, and no further. Illustration It is not defamation in A to express in good faith any opinion whatever respecting Z’s conduct in petitioning Government on a public question, in signing a requisition for a meeting on a public question, in presiding or attending a such meeting, in forming or joining any society which invites the public support, in voting or canvassing for a particular candidate for any situa­tion in the efficient discharges of the duties of which the public is interested. Fourth Exception.—Publication of reports of proceedings of Courts.—It is not defamation to publish substantially true report of the proceedings of a Court of Justice, or of the result of any such proceedings. Explanation.—A Justice of the Peace or other officer holding an inquiry in open Court preliminary to a trial in a Court of Jus­tice, is a Court within the meaning of the above section. Fifth Exception.—Merits of case decided in Court or conduct of witnesses and others concerned.—It is not defamation to express in good faith any opinion whatever respecting the merits of any case, civil or criminal, which has been decided by a Court of Justice, or respecting the conduct of any person as a party, witness or agent, in any such case, or respecting the character of such person, as far as his character appears in that conduct, and no further. Illustrations
    (a) A says—“I think Z’s evidence on that trial is so contradic­tory that he must be stupid or dishonest”. A is within this exception if he says this is in good faith, in as much as the opin­ion which he expresses respects Z’s character as it appears in Z’s conduct as a witness, and no further.
    (b) But if A says—“I do not believe what Z asserted at that trial because I know him to be a man without veracity”; A is not within this exception, in as much as the opinion which he express of Z’s character, is an opinion not founded on Z’s conduct as a witness. Sixth Exception.—Merits of public performance.—It is not defa­mation to express in good faith any opinion respecting the merits of any performance which its author has submitted to the judgment of the public, or respecting the character of the author so far as his character appears in such performance, and no further. Explanation.—A performance may be substituted to the judgment of the public expressly or by acts on the part of the author which imply such submission to the judgment of the public. Illustrations
    (a) A person who publishes a book, submits that book to the judgment of the public.
    (b) A person who makes a speech in public, submits that speech to the judgment of the public.
    (c) An actor or singer who appears on a public stage, submits his acting or signing in the judgment of the public.
    (d) A says of a book published by Z—“Z’s book is foolish; Z must be a weak man. Z’s book is indecent; Z must be a man of impure mind”. A is within the exception, if he says this in good faith, in as much as the opinion which he expresses of Z respects Z’s character only so far as it appears in Z’s book, and no further.
    (e) But if A says—“I am not surprised that Z’s book is foolish and indecent, for he is a weak man and a libertine”. A is not within this exception, in as much as the opinion which he expresses of Z’s character is an opinion not founded on Z’s book. Seventh Exception.—Censure passed in good faith by person having lawful authority over another.—It is not defamation in a person having over another any authority, either conferred by law or arising out of a lawful contract made with that other, to pass in good faith any censure on the conduct of that other in matters to which such lawful authority relates. Illustration A Judge censuring in good faith the conduct of a witness, or of an officer of the Court; a head of a department censuring in good faith those who are under his orders; a parent censuring in good faith a child in the presence of other children; a school-master, whose authority is derived from a parent, censuring in good faith a pupil in the presence of other pupils; a master censuring a servant in good faith for remissness in service; a banker censur­ing in good faith the cashier of his bank for the conduct of such cashier as such cashier—are within this exception. Eighth Exception.—Accusation preferred in good faith to autho­rised person.—It is not defamation to prefer in good faith an accusation against any person to any of those who have lawful authority over that person with respect to the subject-matter of accusation. Illustration If A in good faith accuse Z before a Magistrate; if A in good faith complains of the conduct of Z, a servant, to Z’s master; if A in good faith complains of the conduct of Z, and child, to Z’s father—A is within this exception. Ninth Exception.—Imputation made in good faith by person for protection of his or other’s interests.—It is not defamation to make an imputation on the character of another provided that the imputation be made in good faith for the protection of the inter­ests of the person making it, or of any other person, or for the public good. Illustrations
    (a) A, a shopkeeper, says to B, who manages his business—“Sell nothing to Z unless he pays you ready money, for I have no opin­ion of his honesty”. A is within the exception, if he has made this imputation on Z in good faith for the protection of his own interests.
    (b) A, a Magistrate, in making a report of his own superior offi­cer, casts an imputation on the character of Z. Here, if the imputation is made in good faith, and for the public good, A is within the exception. Tenth Exception.—Caution intended for good of person to whom conveyed or for public good.—It is not defamation to convey a caution, in good faith, to one person against another, provided that such caution be intended for the good of the person to whom it is conveyed, or of some person in whom that person is inter­ested, or for the public good. COMMENTS Imputation without publication In section 499 the words “makes or publishes any imputation” should be interpreted as words supple­menting to each other. A maker of imputation without publication is not liable to be punished under that section; Bilal Ahmed Kaloo v. State of Andhra Pradesh, (1997) 7 Supreme Today 127.

On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 9:02 PM, Indra M wrote:
    Officer in Charge
    VTU Regional Office
    Bangalore

Subject: Regarding RGIT's slavery practices-holding degree certificates and salary

Respected Sir

As discussed earlier over the phone, I would like to update you that the RGIT Principal has not responded over my repeated emails and letters regarding the "Showcause notice". The college is still holding my degree certificates and last two months salary for last 15 months.

On Monday I am coming to meet in your Bangalore Regional office to expedite the process. I shall bring all the necessary documents related to the case.

From
    [protected]

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 6:19 PM, Indra M wrote:
    The Registrar
    Through VTU Regional Office

Ph- [protected] Email: [email protected]

###########################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################33

Subject: No response from Principal : RGIT slavery Practices

Respected Sir,

As I had a word with the Police Officer at Hebbal Police Station today morning over phone, I am writing this email to summarize our discussion.

This is to inform that I have not received any response from the Principal of Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Hebbal, R.T.Nagar Bangalore 560032 regarding the "recall notice about me absconding from the duty dated 09th June, 2016".
    I have already given several reminders to the Principal on this. For your kind information, Recently, the college Principal has returned the degree certificates of the existing Faculty members and asked the faculty members to submit notary xerox copies of their degree certificates. This is being done to hide the fact that College is holding the degree certificates since joining job at RGIT (as communicated in my previous email). This is updated to the VTU and AICTE Regional office.

College is holding my degree certificates since July, 2014 and my two months salary from May, 2015 (14 months). This is highly irritating at my end.

As mentioned earlier, any form of misinformation, hiding or deleting or modifying evidences shall invite section 177 and section 182 Indian Penal Code (IPC) and is an punishable offence. As the Principal has mentioned in the letter " Response to my advocate notice dated 21.07.2016" that college does not hold the degree certificates of any faculties and Since the Principal is modifying process to hide the information, this naturally invites section 177 and

I am coming to Bangalore to meet you and expedite the process.

These are my details:

Place of meeting: Hebbal Police Station, Bangalore
    Date: 26th September, Monday
    Time: 5 PM
    Evening time is chosen so that Principal can come comfortably without affecting his day work.

In this meeting on above mentioned schedule, if the college Principal is ready to settle my dues (Recall of "Absconding from duty" notice in writing, Experience certificate, Return of my Degree certificates, Salary dues + Bank interest till date (since June 2015), medical expenses due to the stress/torture (medical bills are available) and other expenses), then its fine else this case will go to the court. And I mean it.

I have done my homework to take this matter to the court.

By not responding to my emails, the College Principal has crossed the limit of my patience.The torture level is too high.

A case is to be registered with AICTE grievances redressal committee OMBUDSUM and VTU grievances redressal committee.
    One more good news is that many other RGIT faculties (even ex-faculties) who are affected by the slavery practices of RGIT are ready to join me in this case. I am taking proper steps so that this will be a lesson for everyone.

This email is sent to the following:

RGIT Principal
    RGIT Mangament (Director, MD)
    Bangalore Police Commissioner
    Hebbal Police Station
    VTU Offices (Regional and Belgaum)
    AICTE offices (regional and New Delhi)
    Labor Commissioner, Bangalore
    Advocate (Mr. S N RamaPrasad)

On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 8:44 AM, Indra M wrote:

Respected Sir,

First of all, I thank the Bangalore Police for their quick response and active interest in my case. 3 cheers for their support and cooperation

This is to inform you that the RGIT Principal is responding to the Email dated 26.08.2016 in which I have requested him to recall the "show-cause notice dated 09th June, 2016". The college Principal has claimed that I have absconded from the RGIT duty and demanded Rs. 1, 80, 573. I have provided the necessary evidences to show that the claim made by Principal is false. Therefore, he should recall the notice. I have already given 3 gentle reminders.

So far I have not received any response from the RGIT Principal regarding recall of his notice dated 9th June, 2016.

I request the Bangalore Police Commissioner to take the appropriate action on the same.

The RGIT college Principal is harassing me for a long time and not closing my matter. It is highly irritating on my end.

If the college Principal is ready to compensate my losses caused due to their malpractices and harassment, then it is good...

@RGIT-Principal: There is a cell called Grievance Redressal Committee OMBUDSMAN (by AICTE) for any issues related to colleges grievances. As I have not received any response from your end, I am filing a complain at OMBUDSMAN against RGIT Principal. This is for your information because you should not show any surprise behavior when you get my complain notice from OMBUDSMAN. [copy is attached for your response].

Also, this month I am visiting Bangalore to meet directly VTU and AICTE regional office to expedite the process. Please make a note that, as head of institution, you are well informed about my actions. Nothing is surprise here.

Soon this RGIT slavery practices shall be published on "Bangalore local newspapers". Keep seeing the front page news.Exact details shall be send soon to you.

The necessary personalities are kept in loop.

On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 2:05 PM, Indra M wrote:
    To Dated: 27.08.2016
    Bangalore

Subject: Evidences for communication - Related to RGIT matter - GOOD NEWS for this case.

Respected Sir,

As I was in continuous communication with RGIT Principal and the Management, and I i was requesting for my degree certificates and my salary. The College has kept my Ph.D.-M.Tech and B.E. degree certificates from the date of joining the job. My salary of MAY and JUNE 2015 is still being withheld by RGIT Management.

Though I had requested for my degree certificates- the college Principal had promised me to return my degree certificates after LIC meeting (scanned document is available for reproduction)and kept my degree certificates for VTU LIC inspection purpose from the date of joining the job. After VTU-LIC inspecetion got over, the college issue me "Absconding from duty notice on 9th June, 2016". This is a illegal practice and its against UNIVERSITY and AICTE rules.

There is a good news.

GOOD NEWS: I have discussed with my telephone operator and the telephone company is ready to give me the voice recordings of the communication of my number with the RGIT numbers. These voice recordings will prove that how many times I had called RGIT and how much torture the GRIT has done on me. How pathetically I have requested the RGIT Principal and Management for returning my degree certificates and the salary. That time my father was in hospital and I was requesting RGIT to release my salary as it was required for my father's treatment, but they did not do release my salary. My father expired in April, 2016. How much mental torture and harassment RGIT has done on me, the voice recordings will prove it. I waited for 14 months all together for getting response from RGIT.

ALREADY my phone bills are there to show the CALL LIST . where the RGIT numbers are available and how many minutes I have talked for how many minutes.

Hence, these proves that I have not "absconded from RGIT duty".

Though I have requested the RGIT Principal to recall his notice dated 9th June, 2016, so far the RGIT college Principal has not shown any positive reaction towards this direction.

I kindly request the BANGALORE POLICE Department to help me in this direction of SLAVERY PRACTISE of RGIT.

I have already requested VTU and AICTE to take the necessary action in this direction.

Things are in progress.

Thanks a lot to Bangalore Police team. I thank Bangalore Police for their quick response.

Cheers

ph-[protected]

On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 7:51 PM, Indra M wrote:

From: Indra M
    Date: Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 4:31 PM
    Subject: Fwd: COLLECTION OF YOUR DOCUMENTS
    To: Principal RGIT, KOMAL JAIN, "Commissioner of Police, Bengaluru City."

Sir,

Thanks to the Bangalore Police Team members for your quick response.

3 claps to Bangalore Police 👏👏👏 for their great work.

From,
    Dr. Indrajit Mandal
    Ph-[protected]

From: COMPOL Bengaluru City
    Date: Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 1:36 PM
    Subject: Fwd: COLLECTION OF YOUR DOCUMENTS
    To: DCP North BCP, DCP North BCP, Hebbal PS BCP
    Cc: [email protected]

Email petition of Indra M is forwarded for necessary action and report.

Commissioner of Police,
    Bengaluru City.

From: "Indra M"
    To: "Principal RGIT", "KOMAL JAIN"
    Cc: "indra mndal"