Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology — Complaint against rgit director, managing director, principal for slavery practices in college
The Vice Chancellor
Visvesvaraya Technological University
Jnana Sangama, VTU Main Road,
Subject: Request for registering my grievances under OMBUDSMAN committee
As per our telephonic discussion today, I am writing this email to summarize our discussed contents:
I had called the AICTE, New Delhi Office (011-[protected]) and the concerned person informed me to contact the VTU office for the OMBUDSMAN procedure. Then I had called you up to follow the right procedure.
I would like to register a case under Grievances Redressal Committee OMBUDSMAN against the malpractices/slavery practices of Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Hebbal, R.T.Nagar, Bangalore 560032.
The grievances are as follows:
1. The college had collected my certificates since joining the job in July, 2014.
2. The salary of May and June, 2015 is held by college without giving any notice to me.
3. I had submitted my resignation in Sept, 2015. According to college offer letter, 3 months advance notice is required for resignation. And I have given it.
4. The college informed that they shall give my original degree certificates after VTU Local Inspection Committee. And it was held in April, 2016 as the college wanted to show me as faculty even I had resigned long back.
5. Even after continuous emails and phone calls, College Principal and Management were not responding to return my degree certificates and salary.
6. Then College Principal issued me a notice " Absconding from duty dated 9th June, 2016" and demanded Rs1.8 lakhs (One lakh and Eighty thousand only).
7. I have requested the RGIT Principal several times to recall the "Absconding from duty notice", but the college Principal has not responded to my letters.
The college Principal has done this malpractice of slavery practices over long time and has tortured the faculty members for years. Also the college always holds the past 1 or 2 months salary on every current months.
Recently, the college has returned the degree certificates of the existing RGIT faculties and asked to give notary xerox copies of degree certificates followed by previous emails. The college has done this to falsify my previously made claim that College is holding the degree certificates.
Summarizing my Grievances:
First, the college is holding my degree certificates since date of joining the job in the name of verification of degree certificates.
Second, the college misused my degree certificates for VTU LIC inspection.
Third, holding my salary without any notice to me since May, 2016.
Forth, issuing me "Absconding from duty notice" even though I was in continuous touch with Principal and Management via Phone, Emails and letters. This affects my professional ethics.
Fifth, lot of mental stress and torture due to not giving my original certificates and salary
Sixth, the college Principal has not taken any action to recall his "Absconding from duty notice" so far.
For the above grievances, I request you to consider my grievances under the provisions of OMBUDSMAN.
I kindly request you to take the necessary action so that its a good lesson for everyone.
I have attached the AICTE notice for OMBUDSMAN for your kind reference. (Newspaper The Hindu, dated 27th August, 2016, Bangalore)
As we had discussed, I shall receive response from your end in a couple of days.
I have attached all the trail mails of my communications with RGIT Principal and attachments for your references.
The College Principal, Management is kept in loop so that they are aware of our communications and they should not react to it like any surprise regarding OMBUDSMAN. Already I have informed the College Principal about OMBUDSMAN in my previous letters.
After registering a police complaint with the Bangalore Police commissioner, I received my degree certificates and salary on 26th September, 2016.
Waiting for your positive response.
Dr. Indrajit Mandal, Ph.D.
C/0 (Late) N.C. Mandal
T.T.S B-96 NTPC Farakka P.O. Nabarun
Dist- Murshidabad West Bengal - 742236
Ph- [protected] Email: [protected]@gmail.com