Rain Bird - Sprinkler TimerUnable to make it function properly

Purchased the Rain Bird Model ISM-9RS Automatic Sprinkler timer as a replacement unit. We have had this unit approximately 1 month and have yet been able to make it function properly. We called customer service at [protected] for guidance on programming the unit. We were informed that any information would cost $5.00 billed to our credit card. we paid the fee, got information that was contained in the written instructions (which were no help). using these instructions we were still not able to make this unit to operate properly. Again we called the 800 number, this time we were informed that the call would cost us $10.00. Considering this unit has never operated as advertised, and paying a company for information to make there product operate as advertised, we feel that this product is either defective or the people that designed it have no more idea how it operates than we do.

• Cj
    Cj May 23, 2008

My experience was with their golf course size sprinkler heads. They do not come with the key that you need to make adjustments . I called rainbird and they informed me that I can purchase the rainbird key at home depot. When I went to home depot the employee was rather upset at rainbird because he told me they haven't carried that tool in awhile and customers are constantly being misinformed by rainbird.

Well, still without a key I called rainbird and explained the situation and they were very rude, stating that home depot is stealing their products, and advised me to go elsewhere.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices