R & B properties & Old Man Construction , Inc.Never deal with them

I

This happened for a while begining March of 2005. R & B Properties was handling our community's HOA and I had a roof that started leaking. The HOA collects a fee of 95.00 dollars a month and is responsible for the outside maintanance of our buildings. I had initially called the HOA to inform them about the damage for my property. They said they couldn't send anyone out until I had a request in writing. I sent over a request and no one ever came out. I called several times and they kept giving me excuse after excuse. First the contractor didn't have a ladder tall enough, then it was raining, then they were waiting for a call back. In one occasion the contractor did call me (old man construction) while I was at work. When I returned the phone call I had to leave a msg. I left two messages after that. Meanwhile, my house is still leaking. About a month and a half went by and still nothing from either company. I decided to go ahead and pay out of pocket for the repair. I then called R & B properties and told them they need to reimburse me and they denied it because it wasn't by an approved contractor (even though they were negligent on my claim and I had no choice). I then decided to write a complaint stating my disappointment in the company and their customer service. I demanded and apology and for someone to contact me as soon as possible. No one ever called me. I eventually let it go but here it is going on 4 years after the fact and no one ever called me or went to the house to repair the damage. No one ever followed up, for all they know I could have been not able to afford the damage and still didn't bother to do their part of the agreement. I would never ever recomend anyone to do business with these people!! Sherrill Mills is the representative at R & B properties that was handling (or better said NOT handling) my claim. I sent them a request via their site for a phone call just this monday and not to my surprise no one returned my call. I was trying to see if they still had my records on file for some information in order to have a project completed. So here I am. NEVER NEVER DEAL WITH THESE BUSINESSES!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices