quality subscriptions incScam!

Got scammed by an EXTREMELY smooth teenager claiming he was raising money to partially fund a trip for his baseball team. He claimed to be selling book baskets for St. Jude Children's Hospital. Said that he would come around and help with some yard work. I bought it because he said he was the son of one of our neighbors. His name (allegedly) was Seth Tucker. All info he gave and showed (brochure, receipts, etc) was fake, I think.

• Ca
    Carol May 04, 2009

Two young men (one said it was his 21st birthday) came to my door. They said they lived in the neighborhood and gave me an address and told me they had moved here from California two years ago. Their story was that they are on a baseball team, the Denver Bandits through the American Legion, and were raising money for lower-income players to go to a game in Maui. They were sponsoring books to be donated to St. Judes, and if they sponsored so many kids, they would get a $1, 000 grant. They said they wanted to do chores for me in return for my donation and said their dad (they were brothers) had a window washing business called Mr. Bubbles and they would be by the next day to wash my windows. They said their mom would send me a receipt for tax deduction purposes. They needed the check that day to turn into their coach. I gave them a check for $96.00, which I have since stopped. They were very friendly and convincing, but completely lying right to my face. Watch out for these sociopaths!

• Kl
    KLF Aug 12, 2009

Same scam here in Chadds Ford PA. Two young men.. neighborhood teens. Later I saw them hop in to an unmarked van with a bunch of other boys. BEWARE

• Kp
    kpirnie Oct 07, 2009

Same scam in Montgomery, Alabama: two young men claiming to be brothers who lived in the nieghborhood, on a baseball team, making money for a trip to Hawaii. My "donation" was supposed to buy books for a children's hospital. I was suspicious, but not suspicious enough!

• Si
    signalhill Mar 27, 2010

Entered protected community post no solicitatons, approached wife on side of house alone, shw was startled and submitted to providing a check for $212.00 for a "charity book" scam, and also an offer to wash the homes windows, appears thats been used a number of times. Called number, received a recording, left msg to cancel ticket number, name and amount, also proceeded online and stopped payment on the check at our $35.00 expense.

A number of things were wrong with this, starting with the two of them approaching a women between homes, is and was intimadating.The copy they left was a very poor, cant read anything, however I beleive we covered all the bases, plus a talk with her regarding that NOT everyone can be trusted, sad but true. Normally a neighbor has already called the police when people come into the gated community to prevent this, its Saturday, shes probably playing bingo right now. Simply put, be careful, its ok with the local school kids, we expect that, otherwise, politly say "no thank you" and back away to a safer position- like inside the house with the door locked.

• Ti
    tisha73 Apr 17, 2010

Ugh, I just got the same EXACT story a few minutes ago. If I'd have bothered to look at the reciept I'd have known it was that subscription scam. Bye-bye 51$. Hope that kid really needed it, if not I don't know how he can sleep at night.

• Tr
    truthhurt5 May 18, 2011

I went to highschool with him a few years ago. Hes 22 now but stuck in the mindframe of his 16 year old self: drug addicted, sociopathic ### of the earth. Seth andrew tucker, from Santee, Ca. Im amazed hes not behind bars. Unfortunately his group of derelict con artists elusively travel state to state leeching off the good will of complete strangers. Hes been with the group for at least 3 years. They shack up in hotel rooms, gets trashed off what they steal and head for the next county. I hope this is helpful.

• Tr
    truthhurt5 May 18, 2011

Pictures

Comments
    Comments

• Be
    beehoney Jul 11, 2012

They arrested this little ### today. His parents say he's a drug addict. His brother overdosed on heroin last year. Maybe getting thrown in jail will straighten him out but I highly doubt it.