Quality First ConstructionFraudulent company

A

My husband and I had a written contract with a general contractor to do our lowel level of our new home. He was to do concrete walls and floor. While he did the walls in November of 2006, we had trouble getting him to finish the job. We had paid all but $2000.00 of the job. When he did come in May of 2007 to do the concrete floor, it is so unlevel that we cannot continue building our home. We inform him of the problem but he stated to us that we were being too fussy. We had to hire a structural engineer. His reports shows how poorly the concrete floor was constructed and why. The center of the building dips about 2and1/4 inches.We sent a copy of this report to his attorney but we did not get any response. We now have to file a small claims suit and it will cost us about $5000.00 to fix the problem. My husband is disabled and I am out of work because of a muscle disorder. We put all of our savings into this home and don't know what to do. All the state requires the contractors to have is liability insurence but that does not cover workmenship. This contractor took my husband to diferent job sites before we hired him. Menards also were the ones who gave us this contractors name because they work with him. They claim that they is nothing they can do. An attorney wanted about $3, 500 just to take this company to court.