Having problems with QSL Tenders?

QSL Tenders Customer Service Contacts

Unit 3, Fernie House, Fernie Road
Market Harborough, England, Leicestershire
United Kingdom - LE167PH

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with QSL Tenders Customer Service. Initial QSL Tenders complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for QSL Tenders above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about QSL Tenders. Discuss the issues you have had with QSL Tenders and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

QSL Tenders Complaints & Reviews

QSL TendersUnscrupulous Practice

Beware of taking out a subscription with these people. They doubled their price and issued invoices without any prior notice, the invoice is dated after the latest subscription period has started, so there is no opportunity to cancel the subscription before running into the next year, which must then be paid for at £795 ex VAT. They refer to the fact their T&C is on the website, which gives them the right to charge any price they like without any notice. Don't fall for it, don't be tempted by the free trial period, if you go into the paying period it is impossible to get out without paying for at least a year.

• Un
      Underhand May 21, 2013

How nice to be perfect. And I suppose if I had a tardis I could decide I didn't agree to the arbitrary doubling of price before the invoice was issued, an opportunity denied to mere imperfect mortals.

QSL-Tenders.co.ukSo the lessons - don't get caught by this scam

We signed up to QSL Tenders in October 2011 on their 'free trial'. Having had a quick look at their site there didn't appear to be anything on offer that you couldn't get for free elsewhere.

One of my colleagues emailed QSL to cancel the subscription but the email was ignored. No response was received.

QSL then invoiced our company once the trial period had expired, charging us for a full years subscription at £695 (inc VAT). We objected to this as we had put in writing that we wished to cancel.

QSL continued to request payment, we continued to object and they eventually called in a debt collection agency called Debtco One Ltd, (registered office: Tiverton Road, Loughborough, Leicestershire) who added on a further £169 ($265) in fees making the total £864.

Through negotiation with Debtco we managed to get this down to £216 and paid off QSL/Debtco without taking it to court.

Having spoken to other QSL 'Customers'/victims it seems that the case has been thrown out of court (it goes to a County Court/Small Claims Court) in the past. One I spoke to said: 'the judge passed the case in our favour saying that the terms and conditions on their website were confusing and therefore not legally binding.'

So the lessons - don't get caught by this scam. It is probably just about legal but worth challenging hard and taking to court if you have the time and inclination. This is my opinion though and you should make your own decision!

QSL-Tenders.co.ukThis company are a complete scam

I sent them an email yesterday saying that I would like to cancel my subscription and that they should accept this email as confirmation of my cancellation.

I then received an email back saying that I had to cancel on their website. I went on today and cancelled through their website. But it was too late-The trial ran out yesterday and I had to cancel yesterday on their website. Even though I stated in my email that I wanted to cancel. I received an email today saying I have been signed up for a years subscription costing £695...arrrrrggghh!!!

I have managed to cut this down to £175 using their early cancellation fee conditions...but this is still a ridiculous amount of money for a website that is no good anyway!!!

I spoke to the accounts manager twice today, she was extremely rude and even laughed when we were putting our case across- how infuriating!!!

I spoke to trading standards and they said there is nothing they can do...if this is the case then so be it. But if there are any suggestions on how to avoid paying the fee...I would REALLY appreciate it!

QSLGood Service Not Bad

If there's one thing in the world that annoys me, it's good companies getting bad press !
        I've read all your complaints about QSL but I have to say I have never had anything but good service from them. Maybe it's more a case of you not understanding what you're receive from them ? I regularly talk with their helpful team and i'm now currently bidding on several leads that they sent me.
        Trust me, as a small business I do know tendering can be difficult, but it's well worth it in the end !
        If you haven't read the terms and conditions which it sounds like many of you didn't, then you are a fool to yourself, like many business offers their is always a subscription lurking ! All I can suggest now is instead of ranting about it on forums, you just get in touch with them. They may be able to help you win more money via tendering than the subscription cost.

QSL Tenders — Scam

DO NOT USE THIS "COMPANY" £700.00 For nothing!... Lousy service, rude staff, total waste of time and money!

QSL-Tenders.co.ukI cannot believe this company

I cannot believe this company. We have been posted a bill of £600.00 for service's which we havnt not used. Alison Cooks who was extremely rude on the phone said it was in my name and I had to pay this amount. I said "Somebody has used my details, gone into my email and signed me up for it, this is clearly a security breech. Oh and another thing do you have anything with my signature signing up to your service?" Answer I got was " Thats not our problems, you have a security breech on your side, which is not our problem."

I logged into the account, and found tenders which were not even in London so they are you could say they are selling invalid goods.

Can any one help me fight them. I am willing to pay for someone's time and help with this matter, instead of paying QSL scammers.

jonclever2012 Nov 21, 2012

I am willing to pay for someone's time and help with this matter, instead of paying QSL scammers as well.

jonclever2012 Nov 21, 2012

Hello, I am going to trough the same experience. Can someone advise me what to do?

• Bb
              b b123 Jan 21, 2012

don't pay them, if they phone tell them you will not pay see you in court. They have been laughed out of court once its a scam REPEAT DO NOT PAY they try to intimidate you into paying

QSL-Tenders.co.ukExtorting money from people in fraudulent way

A year ago my friend and I had been recently made redundant and so we wanted to explore working freelance. To help us with this we set up a limited company in my freind's name. I subscribed to a couple of free website to receive tenders, whcih included QSL. None of the free e-mail bulletins that we received were useful, and so after a while we even stopped checking them. I completely forgot about QSL as their emails were going into our junk mail and I did not recall reading anything about having to pay a full year's subscription. Just a couple of months ago my freind received an email from them demanding for her to pay the £600 (the full year's subscription). My friend explained that we had not received any of their email and that they had gone direct into our junk mail.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, now QSL are taking my friend to court in October and demanding a payment of £900. I feel very bad about this, as I was the one to sign up for these e-mails, though neither of us have used their services. The company is in her name, though she has me down as her associate on the website, so legally she's is one responsible for payment.

They're obviously a ruthless and devious bunch of individuals who are using this misleading way of signing up for free e-bulletins to extort money from people. I feel so angry, but I do not know what my legal position is. I wonder if anyone who has had a similar experience would be interested in taking action against them jointly? We might have a better chance acting together. We need to stop these people from carrying on conning unsuspecting people in this way.

• Po
                Pol1 Nov 24, 2011

As do I - I have just taken the 'early cancellation' option (at the bottom of the T&Cs - you can cancel within 28 days of your 'free trial' ending and pay 25% of the full year fee). Still feel that we have been cheated, and not confident they will honour the early cancellation agreement anyway. Currently considering our next course of action but in the mean time have spoken to Consumer Direct [protected]) who can give you fee legal advice, and reported them to trading standards. Suggest others do the same.

Andy,aklltd Nov 10, 2011

HI I have had exactly the same problem, they need to be stopped and SHUT DOWN, SCAMMERS, CONN ARTIST AND THEIVES.

QSL TENDERSCAM

Do not touch this company with a bargepole.
              They will offer you a free 4 week trial which conveniently you can only cancel through their website, and even if you cancel it the day before the trial ends you will shortly receive an invoice for £695!
              If you then go back on the website there is no mention of your cancellation just an email welcoming you to your 12 month subscription that was not signed up for!
              Cancelling this useless service will cost you £175, BE WARNED.
              If you choose to use the 4 week free trial ask for WRITTEN CONFIRMATION that it has been cancelled.

QSL TendersGood Company

I'm baffled as to these complaints regarding qsl.
                I've been with them for nearly a month now and have been nothing but impressed - I've received several tender notices already and customer services was v helpful in finding plenty of tender categories for me.
                I don't understand about all the complaining ?! I found the T & C's quite straight forward ?!? You sign up for a subscription with a 28 day opt out ! Is this not typical business practise !?!
                I still have a few days remaining before I need to cancel, but you know what ...i don't think I will. All I can say folks is make your own mind up about them !

• Vi
                    victim No??? Aug 24, 2012

The only person supporting QSL has registered the same comment twice under different names, and coincidentally lives in Leicestershire, same as QSL. SCAM

• Di
                    Dissapointedcustomer1 Jan 27, 2012

These immoral people nearly put my new business under... It is usual business practice to let someone know when a free trial is ending, not just send an invoice!

It seems to me that QSL do not have any confidence in anything they do so underhand tactics are the order of the day. Hundreds of complaints can be found on the Internet about these unscrupulous people. Any positive comment about QSL Tenders is FAKE. I have never been so dissatisfied with any product or service in my life. I hope QSL get the comeuppance they deserve and justice is served.

• Sp
                    Spinoza Sep 08, 2011

I think it's certain he works for the company.
                    He found it necessary to register twice (Frankie Johnson and fjonno) to post exactly the same post a week apart.
                    QSL Tenders — Good Company
                    QSL Tenders — No Complaint
                    Based on that I should think he's not terribly clever either.

• Ki
                    kimbo1234 Jun 02, 2011

What a load of rubbish.. Obviously you work for the company

QSL TendersNo Complaint

I'm baffled as to these complaints regarding qsl.
                  I don't understand about all the complaining ?! I found the T & C's quite straight forward ?!? You sign up for a subscription with a 28 day opt out ! Is this not typical business practice !?!

• Re
                      Reidy Jul 19, 2012

AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!!!

Mark999 Jun 07, 2011

QSL are scammers. These people are a joke they get you to put your details in for a free trial and then they try to charge you a fee. The service is also a joke you can get this information free on the government website.
                      This is the scottish one and There is also a uk one

I have reported this Natalie to trading standards and the advertising standards agency for harrasment and also for not removing us from their list when requested. Their terms and conditions of not accepting written confirmation or verbal confirmation is illegal and just because it is inher contract does not make it legal. Also if you try to unsubscribe via their site you have no proof so it is just a joke.

If anyone has a problem you should call trading standards and the advertising standards agency.

QSL-Tenders.co.ukThe people at QSL must be quite amoral

The people at QSL must be quite amoral. Not wrong - because their Ts&Cs probably do stack up, but amoral - and they know exactly what they are doing.

In our case as a new business we signed up to a number of free tender websites including QSL to see how they worked. Like other users we got an invoice out of the blue 2 months later:
                    - Not a single customer service call in the meantime (unlike every other website).
                    - Barely clicked on by us (which makes the lack of customer service even more mystifying - do they not care that people don't use the product?).

The invoice had attached to it a screen print of the page where one signed up to it - has anybody ever heard of that?? They know in advance that their customers will not understand why they have an invoice.

Since then they ignored emails - and worse pretended that they had not received them.

Life is too short so we paid up from personal funds as the business does not have the money - but they make my blood boil! AVOID IT!!!

QSL Tenders — Rip off

Signed up for free trial, forgot to cancel and was sent a bill for £695, despite having said the...

QSL-Tenders.co.uk — Abuse and harassment

I know times are tough folks for us small businesses but whatever you do, do not sign up to the 15 day free...