PWW*INTERNET BIZ KITunothorized funds were taken from my account

On Sep 12, 2009 a transaction comes to my credit card account for the amount of $80.90.
I'v never heard of this company and have never authorized any payment.
When i try calling the number provided, no live representative is there to listen to my complaint.

• Li
    lindyjay11 Sep 13, 2009

This business was authorized to charge 1.95 ONLY on 9/8/09. Since I was concerned that this many not be a reputable firm and a possible 'scam' I created a ShopSafe card with a LIMIT of $5.00 through my bank to avoid any attempt to charge over the 5.00 limit. I, too, contacted the numbers listed on the site and received a recording to call back during normal business hours. I did email them from the site. It is my opinion that THIS IS A SCAM and there are many others who have posted the same complaint. My bank has the company flagged.

Here is the address for the business though I cannot verify it's a good one: 230 W 400S - Suite 100, Salt Lake City, Utah 84101. The two telephone numbers I have are: [protected] and [protected]. Hours: M-F 7am-6pm PDT

• Mn
    M Norgrove Sep 14, 2009

I also feel I am being conned and want to stop them debiting my account very distressed tried phoning bank unhelpful. I know i have lost my £50 but want to stop them getting any more money. How stupid was I please help anyone
    MN

• Ny
    Nyron Sep 14, 2009

three minutes ago i called this company so they could do some credit card verification. i did that. they gave me some lady name that they took under their win and yadi yadda she made 87K in 8 months (he told me her name is Joan Thompson). So being a good detective i quickly asked him "Is that the truth of is that to flatter me". he fumbled a bit then he said it is real. As i was done i called back no one answered..
    I suggest that no one use their card on that site and leave it alone..
    SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!

• Te
    teresa langley Sep 15, 2009

I had the same problem. I authorized 1.95 only. I talked to a representative who asked if I wanted to buy the kit and I responded no thanks but they charged my account 79.90 which created about 116.00 worth of nsfs. I filed a report with the bank but not sure what else I can do no luck getting ahold of them.

Angrykat Sep 16, 2009

Just went into my bank to day to find that this company has taken £50.00 from my account too. I too authorised the $1.95 for the kit through profit studio learning.com and this was done on the 26th june 09. still have the confirmation email stateing it was a one off set up fee.

Have contact my bank and they adivse that it looks like to different buisness, but I advised that all the phone no. and address both link up. They are sending me a form to fill in for them to investigate, but doubt that I will see it back. Have also had the card cancelled. Said I would send the email to the bank as proof.

Cant believe this has happened, am a single mother with a 19 month son and this has just wiped my account clean. They took it out on the 09/11. Co-incedence or what. [email protected]@king joke. No wonder people hate americans.

• Ka
    Karenesco Sep 17, 2009

Pww*Internet Biz K [protected] US - they hav taken £49.50 out of my account and I don't what the best thing is to do to stop them taking more.

• Da
    Dani324 Sep 17, 2009

I too had authorized the $1.70 and eight days later they took out $79.80 or whatever i called them to complain and some lady told me if i didnt cancel within seven days after signing up there was a monthly fee of $79. I told her I was unaware and it was a big mistake. She told me there was nothing she could do. I called back three minutes later and asked to talk to the manager she then told be she could give me half of the $79 back and that if i were to talk to the manager i wouldnt get any of it back. I guess half is better than nothing. I am very upset that they are scamming tons of people. Lesson learned for me thats for sure. I dont trust any of these stupid sites anymore.

• Di
    Diana Roque Sep 19, 2009

Well I didn't give any authorized to take money out of my account and I just noticed that 69.90 has been taken out each month and I am suing. You have no right you stupid people. I don't now how you got the number but believe me you won't get away with it...

chinchilla Sep 20, 2009

I too had paid a one off set up fee of £1.70. I noticed that some money had been ear marked to be taken out, but my bank were unable to tell me who it was until the transaction had gone through. When I looked at my bank statement I noticed PWW*Internet Biz Kit and googled it and found this board. I notified my bank whi then said that they had also taken out another sum of money the month before (didn't realise) there was also a £1 overseas transaction fee. My bank said they are treating it as Fraud and have cancelled my card. They said they have a high volume of calls about similar companies and I should try to continue calling the company up to cancel if it is a subscription.
    The bank said I should have a full refund of the 3 transactions within 5 working days and a new card.

Fingers crossed.

• Pa
    Paul 1 Sep 20, 2009

I was recently charged $79.90 on 9/20/09. Not sure how they got a hold of my credit card number. Hopefully the bank refunds the money back to all of us. Hope the worst for these Scammersss...Find a job instead of rippin people off.

• Ta
    tamorgan Sep 21, 2009

I have just read everyone's complaint and my story is the same- I authorised the so-call google site to take £1.95 out y account to get the kit (which I have not got to date) and now I have £49.57 taken out my account. I am on the phone to the bank as I type! We should get together and get this company closed down and sue them for all they are worth. I am just fortunate that I checked my statement regular to avoid these misfortune otherwise this would have continued for months on end and I am sure the amount deducted would have increased over time until they wipe out my entire account. Some of us are single mother's on low income!

Anyone interested in petitioning a complaint email me on [email protected]

Ps, I am one of the lucky one, the bank has cancelled my account to avoid further payments and will be refunding the money back into my account.

Sarah Southamptom Sep 23, 2009

Hi, Me too, I just seen that after authorising the £1.97, I have had £49.57 taken out, I will get onto the bank in the morning, i'm absolutely disgusted. I wanted this pack as I have no money, and wanted to see how i could help myself, not so some major fraud company could help themselves to my money!!!

chinchilla Sep 23, 2009

I am happy to say thats since I posted my last comment my new debit card has arrived and I have been given a full refund back.

• Rd
    r. davis Sep 23, 2009

The same thing has happened to me i authorised the £1.75 and i've just seen they've taken out £50 i'm going to go the bank in the morning to see if there's anything they can do

mark the spark Sep 24, 2009

i had cash taken out of my account i did not even know who these people where

• Vf
    vfields Sep 25, 2009

Same thing happened to us! My husband authed the 1.97 then called and cancelled, and recieved a cancellation number. Then on the 21st, they took out 79.90. He immediately called and they said he never cancelled and that his cancellation number was invalid. So they cancelled it that day, but they still took out the 79.90! They refuse to refund it because "we didn't cancel within the allotted time." Thieves!

And uhm... the comment about no wonder people hate Americans? When I call it's always foreigners who answer the phone, and we are American and they stole our money! My husband is unemployed at the moment.

• Fr
    FRUNNEY Sep 27, 2009

I AM PISSED!!! I AM A SINGLE MOTHER WITH TWO CHILDREN, AND $79.90 WAS TAKEN OFF OFF MY CHILDSUPPORT CARD, I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ANYTHING, AND HAVE NEVER EVEN HEARD OF THESE PEOPLE!!! LIKE MANY OTHERS I TOO HAVE CALLED [protected], AND ONLY RECEIVE A RECORDED MESSAGE TO CALL BACK DURING BUSINESS HOURS!!! I WILL BE CALLING THE ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE IN THE MORNING, AND I URGE EVERYONE ELSE TO DO THE SAME.!!! I WILL BE FILLING A POLICE REPORT AS WELL!!

• Mi
    MichaelRodgers Sep 28, 2009

I am 16 and my friend used my details to do it just to see what it was. How on earth do you stop it?

• Lo
    l,o,v,e Sep 29, 2009

Hello to all the people who have been ripped of by Pww*Internet Biz Kit. I am so angry i was scammed i too am a single parent to two children. I wanted to better myself for my children and some company have stolen from me they dont care who they hurt as long as there bank balance grows with money by diception. I was in tears at the bank yesterday been banking for 8 years and now i have to cancel my account and start all over again. I feel for everyoine who has suffered. WHAT TYPE OF WORLD DO WE LIVE IN?

• Le
    Leboat Sep 29, 2009

They got me to, I didn't notice last month but I caught it this time. First thing I did was to dispute the charges with my credit card company so that could reverse the charges and any fee that may have occurred because of the charges. Second I finally got through to PPW to cancel the membership so charges would stop. The number I used is [protected]. Good luck, hope this info helps.

Pacific WebWorks, Inc.
    230 West 400 South 1st Floor
    Salt Lake City, UT 84101

phone: [protected]
    fax: [protected]

• Bi
    BikerLady30 Sep 29, 2009

I just looked at my bank statements and found that for the last 2 months they have been taking out $79.90. I do recall in the fine print, when I allowed them to charge my account the one time $1.95 fee, it saying that after 7 days they will charge my account but did not say how much. Like a lot of other people, I forgot that they would charge my account automatically each month and have acured a lot of charges. I just called to cancel and was able to speak to someone and they gave me a cancel confirmation # and an email to back it up. We'll see if they charge me again. Good luck to all!!!

• Je
    jennysdomain Sep 30, 2009

Scammed! The following companies PPW Internet Biz, Invex Ventures Inc aka. Everprofits and Amazon Webstores are all operating under Pacific Webworks. We all NEED to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, they look into companys like these and if enough responses are received they will do an investigation.

• Me
    MEME2009 Sep 30, 2009

i agree with all of you i have a four month old and now i don't have any more money for formula for the month and now i have to borrow money from my friend just to have a month of food for my son that is such a freakin load of crap and when i called and canceld i told them i needed them to refund the money back to my bank account because i need to feed my son and they told me that they couldnt and that i should of thought about that before you signed up i go i didnt sign up for anything except the kit that you told me was 1.87 and now i have to pay back my freind and feel ashamed i cant feed my own son and she goes well im sorry for your inconvience mam and that you cant afford to feed your son now but thats not my fault that is yours you should have read the fine print i go THAT SHOULD NOT BE FINE PRINT THAT SHOULD BE BIG THAT IS BIG YOU KNOW WHAT SHOULD BE IN FINE PRINT IS THAT IT WILL COST 1.87 THATS OK BUT NOT ALMOST 100 FREAKING DOLLARS TO WHERE I CANT FEED MY KID OUT OF MY OWN POCKET

Chuck Turner Sep 30, 2009

PWW*INTERNET BIZ KIT AKA Pacific Webworks is all part of a big scam over in Utah.

Folks should keep filing complaints at www.FTC.gov or www.econsumer.gov so that the authorities take note and take action to shut down this scam once and for all.

Go to: http://www.ftc.gov/ftc/contact.shtm

Contact the Attorney General of your home state too.
    Or if you live outside the US go to www.econsumer.gov

You can read more about the company and people behind these scams at:

• Hi
    hill33 Oct 01, 2009

They got a hold on my account 10/1/09 for the amount of 91.89. Don't know what to do . My card holder say call my local police department. This is a major blow to me begin a single mom of three. Everybody is hurting during this time so get a real job and stop hurting those who are all ready hurting.

• Hi
    hill33 Oct 01, 2009

They got me on 10/1/09 for the amount of 91.89. It is a pending account but it put a hurt on my account. Begin a single mom of 3 this really hurt me. My card company told me to make a police report. I will do that as well as call the BBB.But whoever this is you need to get a real job instead of hurting people.

• Sr
    Srnbob1 Oct 05, 2009

There should be a law against companies that renew subscriptions without contact with the customer beforehand. Sadly, it's usually in the fine print and you signed a contract. Once the customer realizes the money has been taken out of their account they need to go through hoops to get it back... if they can. The solution is to close your bank account and open a new one. Cancel your credit card and get a new number. They're trolling for people who won't notice or won't want to be bothered fighting and let the money side. Let your bank know that this activity is happening and contact the BBB or the police as this is theft. Don't let them win.

• De
    derrick sr. Oct 06, 2009

Unautorized withdrawal of $79.90 from my checking account

marrrio Oct 07, 2009

this site is a scam, bunch of ###ups working in this company...

marrrio Oct 07, 2009

just a bunch of ###ups working at this company!... pure SCAM!..

• Me
    MEighmy Oct 08, 2009

This is a scam involving this company PWW*Internet Biz Kit, stating they represennt Google. I paid the $2. to look at their website and when I tried to cancell within the seven day trial period, I was left on hold, or this fake company was too busy and could not take any calls. At the end of the month my debit card was charged 79.90 as a monthly membership fee. I called the customer service number, they refused to refund my money because they had no record of the numerous calls I made trying to reach someone. They state I should have called the customer service number as well as cancelling over the internet. I asked to speek to a superviser and got no help. She could not give me an address for the company or any information to help me resolve this. Pretty well set up SCAM. Theyare raking in the money. I am fileing a complaint to www. FTC. gov and www. econsumer. gov. Hopefully these complaints will get some kind of resolve.

• Cl
    claireabear Oct 09, 2009

Has anybody actually got their money back off the bank??. I have phoned my bank this morning as there was £53 missing from my account.. I asked what it was for and was told that it was an internet transaction at 7.45 am in the morning to internet biz. I was not even out of bed at this time. Now the bank is treating it as fraud, they have cancelled my card and I have to wait till someone gets in touch with me. What are the chances of getting my money back. I have now been left with no money in my account and no way of feeding my kids. I also have to wait a week for a new card.

Chyna Doll Oct 10, 2009

I am now too a victim of these ###s!! I am furious!!Bacause now I may be in the dark with my 3 year old because those ### withdrew monies from my account that was owed to the power company...Where do they get off??

• Jg
    jgordo Oct 13, 2009

I too was a victim of the $1.97 charge, and then 7 days later $79.90 was taken from my account, the one question I have for everybody, does anybody remember the website where this all came about, I don't remember myself, nor do I remember reading anything about a $79.90 monthly fee, but also did not receive any kit. So if you remember the website I would appreciate an email, I do have the phone number. Thanks to all and good luck to all of us. [email protected]

• Iv
    Ivan Izmaylov Oct 15, 2009

"By submitting this form I authorize Google ATM (DRI*GoogleATM) to immediately charge my credit card $1.95 USD for the setup of the Google ATM Home Business Kit. I hereby request that Google ATM (DRI*GoogleATM) activate my account and authorize them to advance funds as indicated. Monthly Service fees will commence seven days from the date of this purchase, and will be billed monthly thereafter..." I can't stop this!!! I'm loosing money!

• Pr
    Prashant17 Oct 16, 2009

Oh my god I was conned too. How the hell...awrrr. Please somebody tell me if that money is refunded. First they took £1.63 and now they ripped me about $79 equivalent of £53.10. I tried to call them, they say their office is closed. F****. I called my bank they ask me to call tomorrow. How am I going to sleep tonight?

I don't even know who the hell they are.. Checking on the internet I come to know this is about some google adsense??? But it makes no sense at all to me.
    Is this money refunded???

Thanks.

• Ki
    KipK Oct 20, 2009

I want to thank you all for your posts, they have been very helpful. I contacted this so called company at [protected] and complained about the 79.90 charge. I called three times because they kept telling me that their managers were in meetings. I spoke with a manager finally but was disconnected. The third person I spoke with finally gave me a full refund after I called their site a scam and threatened to call the local police and contact the Federal Trade Commission. After that I was told that they could refund half of the total charge. I told them I wanted all of "MY MONEY" back. They agreed and said the money would be deposited within seven business days. Only time will tell if I get a refund. But these representatives have the power to give you your refund. Don't let them tell you otherwise. Good luck. I am still going to contact the Federal Trade Commission with my complaint and suggest you do the same.

Angry Mum Oct 21, 2009

I paid £1.27 for a biz kit to be sent to me within 7 days. No kit arrived and i that these nasty scammers took £54.90 out of my account the following week!! Tried contacting them with, of course, no reply!! I want to find these people and do them some damage!! I am so angry as there is nothing i can do about them keep taking money from me as they see fit! I am a single mother of 3 and cannot afford this to happen to me. I now have to close my bank account and start over. Nasty evil people, but hopefully one day this will all come back on them!!

samba24071985 Oct 21, 2009

I too have had a similar problem except i didnt give any of my details to this company and i am still £49.97 down! I only discovered the problem when my bank telepohone me early this morning to ask if i wanted the payment stopping. If they had not been so observant then i would be over £100 down! My bank is too reporting this as fraud since i did not authorise any payments to this account as it is hardly used. I am disgusted by this company and how they got my details. My card has now been cancelled and i am hoping that a replacement will be with me soon. £50 if a great dealof money to a familywho has just had a baby and need all of the money it can get. I hope the people who run this company get what is coming to them!!

• St
    Steve Budd Oct 21, 2009

I just discovered these people have stolen £44.08 from my account. I have never heard of them and certainly have never entertained the ad-click or whatever scam they are using. According to my bank they allegedly sell tooth-whitening products. What?? I smoke a pipe and use smokers toothpowder because I know my teeth will always be discoloured!

I do not care what happens, that money is coming back to my account one way or another.