Purity 12overcharged

B

I agreed to a small supply of Purity 12 for shipping charges of $4.99 and then was charged another $74.95 2 weeks later without my OK. When I called the customer service number of [protected] the recording said it was no longer in service. I have written them a letter and will see what happens. Do not do business with this company. It is a scam!!!

Lynn Brown

• Je
    Jeri Thompson Feb 26, 2009

The same thing happened to me, screwing up my checking account to the tune of $66 so far. This is such a rip off, especially since the phone number on the bottle is discontinued and when I checked the web site, it wasn't there. I need to print this and send it to the bank to prove they are the ones who messed me up so badly.

• Li
    lisa Feb 26, 2009

I had the same thing happen with this company and the Acai berry pro company.They said all I had to pay was 4.99S/H for one and 4.95 S/H for the other.So far between Acai berry pro and Purity 12 they have charged my credit card with $232.66 I am furious! I did reach someone from Purity 12 at this toll free #[protected], who told me that they would refund my money.I just got off the phone with them and am now on hold with Acai berry -which by the way I got the # for Acai Berry from the customer service rep from purity 12 so they are obviously the same scam.I have not opened there product so I am returning them he says I should have my money back within 10 days, will see. I am still trying to get the other 162.61 returned from Acai Berry.Again I am just furious that these people think they can get away with just stealing peoples money!

• Ed
    edd Feb 28, 2009

try going to www.verifyyourorder.com, you should be able to cancel your oder from that website. [protected] gives you the information to this website, good luck . i just cancelled my order after reading these comments . iwill have to wait 48 hrs. to see if anything got confirmed. last resort, call your creditcard company and change your credit card account #.

Sharon Mar 03, 2009

The customer service number is [protected]. I am on hold with them as I write this. I ordered the acai Beryy Detox and the Purity 12 free trials 2 hours ago. Well... after reading the fine print as well as the feedback of complaints, I immediately called Acai Berry Detox and cancelled my order. Amazingly enough the operator offered me the $87.13 monthly supply for &40.00 mif I would agree not to cancell. Of course I have turned the offer down, got her name and operator # as well as a cancellation confirmation #. She said she is still sending oiut the 30 free supply for me to try but I will not be charged anymore. I pais $2.00 for S&H. Unfortunantly it is not going as wello with the Purity 12 company... I have been on hold for several minutes twice! After about 12 minutes the phone disconects!! Great hopefully I can stop this one also!

• Do
    Donna Burnette Mar 04, 2009

Me ( Donna Burnette) and my daughter Michaela offey both ordered the Purity 12 for 4.95. We paid that, but now we've also been charged for 74.95 for something that we did'nt agree to order. I want refunded and so does my daughter. If we do not get a refund then you can expect a call from my attourney. My daughter is not 18 years of age, she's only 16. I would appreciate a call from someone about this matter. When I try to call at 9:30 the voice tells me that business hours are 8:30 to 5:00 mon thru Fri.

• Ni
    nicole Mar 12, 2009

I ordered this product and did read the fine print unlike some of these other customers who are complaining. It clearly states that after 14 days your account will be charged the full amount for the product and it explains the future auto payments as well unless you cancel. I am happy with the product and combined it with Acai Detox and have had wonderful results! So please, if you are going to sign up for something on line, do what I did and READ ALL FINE PRINT so that you won't have to come to this message board and complain to everyone! Good luck to those of you who can read:)

• Ka
    kathie Mar 17, 2009

Hi to Everyone,
    I too bought into these products, Natural Acai Berry & Purity 12. I have just had success with calling in and cancelling BOTH. AND recv'd cxl confirmation numbers on both. Here are some phone numbers that I have found: Natural Acai Berry: [protected], and Purity 12: [protected]. Both worked, and took less than a couple of mins for both. as of this date, 3/17/09. Hope this helps out someone. Never Give up though!

k

Shelley Mar 20, 2009

Well if you read the FINE PRINT on the AcaiPure Terms and Conditions (like Nicole who can read) you will see that they can at any time modify those terms and conditions. They then say that you should keep informed by looking at the modification date at the bottom which isn't there, to see if you have read the LATEST and GREATEST terms and conditions. Isn't that something. Hope this helps.

Paula Mar 23, 2009

Just like all the other complaints that I read, I too ordered the Acai berry and Colon Cleanser from two different companies. I ordered these products through an advertisement on facebook. Like everyone, I was told it was free, just S/H and then got charged $74.95 and $78.95. I went through hell speaking to the people from Acai, as they are in India and it is very difficult to understand them. Purity 12, I phoned the [protected] and was less frustrated and spent less time on the phone. The 2 companies told me that if I had canceled YESTERDAY, I wouldn't have been charged. It sounds like a scam. I was told that the Acai would refund between 3 to 5 business days, however Purity 12 said 10 to 12 business days but that chances were, it would be less. MAKE SURE TO GET A REFUND CONFIRMATION NUMBER TO HAVE HANDY. I have a feeling that I am not done with these two companies, but I hope so.

• Me
    Melissa N Mar 23, 2009

After ordering my products I wanted to contact them to change my credit card information. This stuff really works and have to keep it going! It's very easy to change, just go to website www.verifyyourorder.com - everything is computerized which means it's instant and automatic!

• Gl
    Gloria Vance Mar 25, 2009

in the fine print it does say that after the 14 days are up your credit card will be charged 74.95.

shannon Mar 26, 2009

I ordered a "free" sample and agreed to pay for the 4.99 shipping. I provided my credit card number and was later billed more than 74.00! I can not locate a working number and have seen here that I am not the only one who was cheated by this company. If anyone has any luck in contacting them, please post an update here.
    Shannon

• Mo
    Moderator1876 Mar 26, 2009

First of all people, I also bought the product and was looking up more information about it because it is working so well for me, and came across this BS. You people ought to be ashamed. I have been a arbitrator for 20 years and all your claims you could be sued for. There terms are clear and on both pages of the sign up form.

The real question is here, is are you the one really scamming?? Do you buy other stuff online and do this, heck blockbuster will send you to collections for not paying for there service, maybe this company should too.

PS, Did you go to the website, The number is clear, so your a liar when you say HELP I cant find the number, You should could find this site!

• Sc
    ScamedbyPurity12 Mar 30, 2009

I ordered the Purity 12 about 10days ago, the 4.95 was charged so I thought great the product will be here soon...hmmmm I got charged 74.95 on my Credit Card I immediatly called Purity 12 @ [protected]. I told the lady I haven't received the product yet and want to know why I was charged the 74.95 she said it's a 10day free trial then you get charged. I told her to CANCEL she said ok it's cancelled enjoy your bottle of Purity 12 I said again I havent received the product yet so how is the trial started, she said yes you did, you just dont want to admit it..I said EXCUSE ME??? She said it again, I immediatly told her to put her manager on the phone...hmmm what did she do? put me to a answering machine...THIS PLACE IS SCAM and I AM REPORTING TO BBB.

• Pu
    Purity 12 Mar 30, 2009

I ordered from the facebook ad too, be careful people scams are everywhere but you really need to read the fine print, too. I was able to cancel quickly since I read the fine print.

• Tr
    Trelle Mar 30, 2009

I called [protected] waited a few minutes on hold (They dont play music or anything it may seem like they hung up on you) in regards to my fiance. She had canceled her order but it wasnt *processed until 3 days after her trial period. They withdrew the 80 bux from her account anyway I didnt ask how I could get a refund I just said you are going to refund me, otherwise I would file a report with my local police department and bank for credit card fraud, soon as I said that they said to go ahead and keep the bottle and would do a complimentary refund of the entire amount including S/H and it would be back in her account within 10 business days. Seems like you just have to be straight forward and threatening with them as my fiance had tried numerous times without any luck on getting her money back, hope this can help someone THEY ARE A SCAM!

• St
    Steve Mar 30, 2009

I read the fine print at the bottom of the page. Which stated the 4.99 shipping fee, a 12.95 membership fee, and then the 74.95. I called them and told I thought the 74.95 was a little steep considering the situation our economy is. They cut my price in half. Go figure.

• So
    Sonja Apr 01, 2009

I cancelled my order just within 1 day of ordering the product GUESS WHAT???? THEY CHARGED MY Credit Card ANYWAY!!! I called them they said we don't show a cancellation. I told them I had a cancellation #. They again said we don't see that here and you are being charged because we sent you the product. I told them I did NOT want the purity12 and will be sending it back. She said ok send it back we will refund you 1/2 price, but if the bottle has any markings on it I wouldn't be refunded WTF????? This is a big time scam, all they have to do is put a mark on the bottle(If I get it) and I've lost over $80.00 I can't believe this company is getting away with all this scamming...

• Lu
    Luna Apr 06, 2009

I had the same thing happen to me. Like everyone, I ordered the produce through an advertisement on the net. My first impression was that it is free and I only had to pay shipping, but no, my card got charged for the full amount.

Unfortunately for me, I didn't touched the acai berry or the purity 12 until I received another bottle today. Never thought it would come back and hunt me, but needles to say I got charged for 4 payments totaling over $310 dollars.

First I called purity 12 and they give me the refund on one charge. (I didn't find out about another charge until I called my credit card company) I asked them if they are associated with acid berry because I would like to a refund on them too. the guy said no, but when I asked for a phone number for acid berry, he give me one. (Go figure)

I also called Acai berry, and like some one mentioned they were from India so it was kinda hard to understand them. the girl I talked to give me a refund on the second charge, and said could not give me a refund on the first charge because my trail on the first one has expired. (can anyone believe her? If she can't give me a refund on the first charge because my trail has expired, then how come she can give me a refund on the second one?)

Like everyone else, I think this is right out fraud. I pushed for a dispute through my credit card company for all 4 charges, just in case they don't give me any refund. I am also planing on reporting them to the authorities. If I can get my money back then it is great, but if not then that is one big price to pay for a lesson.

Everyone should do the same, and report these people to the authorities to no more people will get scammed.

• Je
    jersey Apr 07, 2009

my advice to all is use a prepaid credit card and just put the amount for the s/h and then you would not have this problem. also is states clearly on the website that you will be charged for the next mnth.

• Ky
    kya Apr 15, 2009

it clearly states on both offers that after 12 days for the purity 12 and 30 days after for th acai berry you will be charged. I canceled mine as soon as i received it...

• Ca
    Cathy Faust Apr 28, 2009

The same thing has happened to me. Once you order a sample, which is what they advertise, they make it impossible for you to stop them charging your charge account. This is truly a scam. If anyone knows the correct address to have them stop charging (a customer service address) please list it.
    Cathy

• Mi
    michelle Apr 28, 2009

We would love to help you resolve any issue you may be having. We do offer, and honor, our 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee. Please call us at [protected] so we can help. Thanks.

joanna May 13, 2009

you took 75.00 dollars from my acct without permission

Pamela May 15, 2009

Hi Joanne, I'm the Customer Service Manager for this product and I wanted you to know that you can contact us to get more information on your account by calling us at [protected] Monday thru Friday 8AM-5:30PM Our customer service agents will be more than happy to help you with your account. You can also cancel or get information by emailing [protected]@verifyyourorder.com

• Ka
    Karen Jones May 15, 2009

Read Moderator1876's other comments (click on the name, then click Comments), and see that each angry comment is in defense of one of the free trial scams. To Moderator1876: Sorry that we dare to voice our experiences and opinions and it upsets you so much. Maybe you want to go distribute your products somewhere else, where the masses have fewer rights.

• Ti
    tiger11 May 19, 2009

I too ordered this product and received my free sample. I went to the Purity 12 website where there is a customer service number at the top. http://purity12.com/ I called, and cancelled my order. They tried to give me more bottles at half price, but I said no and they gave me a cancellation number and cancelled my order. As of right now, my debit card has not been charged the $74.00. Also, before you hit the purchase button it pays to read the small print at the bottom where they clearly indicate that you can cancel within 12 days of your order and if you don't, you will be charged.

• Li
    liaya May 19, 2009

This company is full of crap, they overcharged me for three months, didn't know until my account had been overdrawn, I knew that I had money in my account, didn't know what was wrong. Well ended up calling the bank, and asked them what was wrong, they were useless, we broke down all charges, and it still didn't add up, the stupid bank never told me that $74.95 was being taken out of my account. I asked for a statement from my bank, and didn't receive them until three weeks later. That's crazy, I think that they working together. It's a scam!!! Toy

• Un
    unhapping Oklahoma May 21, 2009

I have also had a very negative experience with both Purity 12 and Chestnut Overseas LTD that sells the Acai Berry. They both run a scam. I had my credit card canceled so they could not charge anything additional to my card. Both of the companies charged me twice although they only provided me one bottle each of their product. I had problems with the website when I ordered so did not read the fine print and did not even think my orders went through. Chestnut Overseas LTD and Purity 12 do not send emails confirming receipt of your order as legitimate companies do so I didn't think the orders had gone through. I'm not sure what the relationship between these two companies are but they both advertised on the same web page and they have the scam down. So basically it cost me $294.75 for 1 trial size bottle of Acai Berry, 1 full size bottle of Acai Berry and 1 full size bottle of Purity 12. My advice is to never do business with either of these companies! I internet shop all the time because of my busy work schedule and have never had this kind of problem before. I did learn a valuable lesson; always check out a company before ordering from them on the web! Chestnut Overseas offered to refund me $45 out of the $144.85 I spent if I returned the bottle of Acai Berry...sorry your unhappy is all I got from Purity 12. Live and learn and sometimes it cost when you deal with devious people. I wish we could get the word out to others so they would not be subjected to this type of treachery.

FAA221 May 26, 2009

thank you all for sharing your experience. I just received the purity 12 and called the number on the packing list right away. It turns out I don't have to send the bottle back but I did have to cancel an automatic refill charge which is what most of you are talking about I assume. Just to be safe i will have my bank aware of this so they block any charges from them. The number for the purity 12 bottle is [protected].

FAA221 May 26, 2009

thank you all for sharing your experiences; because of you i was able to call purity 12 at [protected] and cancel what they call an automatic refill charge. I received the product today and decided to google it and found you guys. It was actually very quick to cancel, i received my confirmation number and I also called my bank to block any charges of that sort.

FAA221 May 26, 2009

sorry for posting twice, i didn't think the first one was sent.

• Ro
    rosaliewilliams Jun 08, 2009

I got order pure acai berry pro special for 4.99 then they were going to charge account another 77.99 . Isent it back unopen they sayed they would send my money back that has been over a month ago. I HAVE TRYED CALL BUT NO ANSWERE IT`S A SCAM ROSALIE WILLIAMS

• Si
    SillySally200000 Jun 17, 2009

Customers who agree to the trial terms will automatically be enrolled in a 12-day trial of Purity12. After the 12 day trial, Customers will be charged $74.95. And Customers will be enrolled in our Auto Shipment Program. Customers may cancel at any time by calling [protected]...

• Gi
    Gillingham Jun 24, 2009

Purity 12 Free Sample – Adulterated by $74.95 Monthly Charges! But Wait..! There's More!!

OK at first glance it might appear that this product “Burns Fat – Cleans Insides – Boosts Energy – Flush(es) Built Up Waste and is The most effective Fat Burning Colon Cleanse” out there.
    Here is what Purity 12 actually says about it's product claims (small print – bottom of page):
    “*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to treat, cure, or diagnose any condition or disease.”... so this product is really guaranteed to do nothing?? RIGHT!

It too might appear that big names are endorsing this product as the “#1 Colon Cleanser”. Names like Oprah Winfry, Katie Couric, CNN.com, Fox News, USA Today, Readers Digest and others...
    But here is the disclaimer about this from the Purity 12 website (small print – bottom of page):
    “2 Celebrities neither endorse nor sponsor any of the products or services on this website.
    3 Purity 12 is not affiliated in any way with AOL Health, CNN.com, USA Today, Web MD, 60 Minutes, or ABC...” ... in other word's none of these sources have endorsed this product??? YES!!

It also might appear that they offer a “Free 30 Day Sample” from their advertising...
    So here is the exact quote about ordering it from the Purity 12 website (small print – bottom of page):
    “Customers who order this product will automatically be enrolled in a 12-day free trial of Purity12 and receive in the mail a full 30 day supply bottle of Purity12. Your 12 day trial begins 3 days from today to allow time for shipping. After the 12 day free trial, Customers will be charged $74.95. Customers will be billed $74.95 again 30 days and each month thereafter to replenish customers supply on the same credit card the Customer used for the shipping and handling.”... ADDITIONALLY when clicking on the order button you are also authorizing the “Fit Factory” to make an additional recurring charge of $29.95 a month to your credit card ! ... but I thought it was just a free sample of Purity 12?... WRONG IDIOT!!! CAN'T YOU READ???

And when you press the order button what happens to your privacy?
    This is the exact quote from their Privacy Policy link: “By registering as a member, you unconditionally and irrevocably accept, agree, and assign all your rights to your information to www.trypurity12.com and warrant and represent that you have voluntarily submitted your information to www.trypurity12.com. In addition, by registering as a member, you unconditionally and irrevocably accept and agree that you are, at your own initiative, providing your affirmative consent to www.trypurity12.com selling, transferring, renting, giving, sharing, (online, offline, or telephone) marketing, or trading your information to advertisers, merchants, or any third parties, for any lawful purpose, which application shall remain in the sole discretion of www.trypurity12.com and shall be final and binding upon you in all respects.” … OMG!! I'VE ACTUALLY GIVEN MY SOUL TO THE DEVIL!!! a.k.a. www.trypurity12.com

OK I saw what they wanted me to see and I failed to carefully read all the fine print for ordering this “free product”. Silly me... Bad form Purity 12! You are playing the classic “shell game” on ten's of thousands of unsuspecting consumers hard pressed by a severe economic downturn! The programmers and promoters of Purity 12 have intentionally designed this website to camouflage what they are really doing and then covering themselves all over with legal fine print and pointed disclaimers about their hyped up product claims and the unscrupulous sales methods they employ to dupe the unwary!

SHAME ON YOU AND THE ENTIRE LOT OF YOUR WILLING THIEVES!!! Suggestion to Purity 12 workers with any good conscience left... go and find an honest employer before it's totally gone...

Oh and by the way "Pamela" and "SillySally200000" your 24 combined comments will be followed up with thousands of more complaints just like mine until you people are stopped. Have a very nice day!

• Mg
    MGD Jun 29, 2009

This happened to me this week! I received a package in the mail. When I spoke with customer service I was informed that I authorized the company to charge 75 bucks to my account and that I could not deny the charges. The kicker is that the 1st $75 was charged to me BEFORE my 30-day free trial. What a SCAM!!! If there is ever a class-action suit, count me in!

• Be
    Beverly Goodyear Jul 03, 2009

This company continues to send me 60 capsules of Acainoni. I never ordered this nor do I want this product.

Pamela Jul 16, 2009

Hi my name is Pamela CSM, and i wanted to inform you that we do offer and honor 100% satisfaction guarantee. All we ask i that you contact our customer service department at [protected] Mon-Fri 7:30am-5:30pm MST. You can also email us [protected]@verifyyourorder.com. Unfortunately we are not able to assist you with any issues you are having with the ACAI BERRY product because we are not ACAI BERRY nor do we affiliate with ACAI BERRY. We do however recommend that you look at your credit card statement and see if the other company provided you with a phone number so that you can contact them. Thanks

Sally Fox Aug 06, 2009

We used to love peanut butter… still do. I saw something in the store the other day that I don’t understand, that peanut butter and jelly in the same jar. Is there a point to that? I mean… I mean I’m lazy, but… I wanna meet the guy who needs that. Some guy going, “You know I could go for a sandwich, but uh, I’m not gonna open TWO jars! I can’t be opening and closing all kinds of jars… cleaning, who KNOWS how many knives!?!” If you’re that lazy, why not put croutons in there and get the whole sandwich on a spoon. You know, just scoopin’ it out… “Mmm…Oh, scrumptious!! I think I’m gonna have another one. Uh, mmmmm… DELECTABLE!! As was the first!” Or if you don’t wanna clean the spoon, you put it all in a squeeze bottle. “Mmmm! Lunch and no clean up!! Can life get better? I submit that it CANNOT!!”

• Cl
    clense this bitch Aug 31, 2009

i too ordered it but out smarted them. these ###ing ### wont ###in push me around. i ordered it, then went to my bank at 8 the next morn. told my bank that i was being scamd, so they canceled my credit card. then gave me a new acct no. immmediatly. i got my product in the mail today, but they never could charge me for it without my new acct no.i tried for hours after ordering it to cancel but they gave me all kinds of xcusess and i had a difficult time even someone to talk to me. tey now are calling me every minute at home but now i ignore their calls. serves them right for ###ing with honest people