Purecell Skin CareFree sample cream - not free at all

L

I just got totally "ripped off" to the tune of $180!!! Not free at all. Ordered a "free trial" paid shipping only. Cancel if not satisfied within 16 days according to the ad. The product was not what it claimed to be. Before I could contact them and cancel they charged my credit card. Turns out days count from date you ORDER not when they ship or client receives. On the 14 day, they charged $89.95 for this and the other free product that came with it (Derma Soft Skin Restore). The "customer service" contact numbers are not the actual company but a "service" company whose job it is to deny wrongdoing and/or any type of refund. I tried to contact the company through their website and all there is are options to order more. I looked a some blogs about this product (kind of late now) and found many complaints and references as a scam offer.

• Bo
    Bobbiejo May 06, 2016

I TOO GOT "RIPED OFF BY THIS COMPANY! A charge of $85.95 on 3/8/16 & then again $91.90 on 4/7/16. The phone numbers on my credit card is showing as "phone number no longer in service". I've got a dispute for these charges with my credit card company, now have to wait and see what they have to say.

• Kl
    K. Leary May 19, 2016

I'm having exactly the same problem, I didn't cancel in time, had another shipment sent - paid for it - my fault. But then, AFTER I called to cancle future shipments, which they said was all handled, I just received another shipment yesterday. I'm trying to call to sort it out, and wait, and wait, and chose the option to have them call me back, they say you won't loose your place in line. They've never called so far, it's been, close to 12 hrs. now.
    If I have to, I'll contact my credit card co., I'm very unhappy, this stuff is expensive and I want it to STOP.

• Ti
    Titoh May 27, 2016

This company is a major fraud. when you call in to return there product that you did not want in the first place they want to charge you a restocking fee of 10.00 and make you pay S&H on top of that OR you can keep the product for 50% off because that would be such a great deal. I don't want your product cause it does not work so why would I want to pay 40.00 for it . Then they speak to you as if there is no reason to be upset with them because they took 90.00 out of your account, Total BS and a huge scam "DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT"

• Li
    Linda Holcroft Jul 10, 2016

"WARNING"...Do not purchase this terrible expensive product...Company is a FRAUD...Will NOT refund...Per "Madison" who answered the customer service line, "they have too much product going out to be able to accept returns"!!! BIG SCAM !!!

• Li
    LisaJHM Jul 31, 2016

Please everyone - contact your credit card company ASAP as soon as you get these wrongful charges. They can stop payment on these charges or if it has gotten that far, reverse the charges. Since these companies KNOW they are scamming people they do not protest or fight this reversal of charges. My credit card company company told me to always contact them asap when you feel you have been scammed. Have your info handy with dates or ordering and promises broken . I actually did not try this one, but all of these companies work the same. I had the problem with ProActiv. Scam. The credit card companies are familiar with these scams. This one happened to be a Chase credit card. Don't wait. Like I said these companies are scams and know it, so they don't want lots of publicity about how they have been scamming so they quickly reverse the charges. The Credit card co. immediately reversed the charges. I saw this online when I looked and told me they'd only contact me if ProActive refused to challenged it.

I am very disappointed that celebrities endorse products when the companies selling them are scamming people big amounts of money and many don't know to challenge this with their credit card companies. I had called ProActive many times and had taken notes - emailed myself a summary of our conversations with names if I could get them - and ProActive never followed thru or came up with bogus reasons - even when I sent the product back them telling me that the USPS sometimes takes long to get packages delivered - well I had an answer to that one as I may have insured the package can't remember, but I did ask for a confirmation signature, so i had the name of the person who signed for it and the time an date - which was 2 days after I sent it! They were trying to tell me it could take up to every 2 weeks, but I caught them there. So anyway, celebrities endorsing these companies. very disappointing. Do they know? I don't know...however they should know who they are dealing with. And in this case, Christie Brinkley is not a stupid lady...

Sally Branson Aug 06, 2016

I fell victim to the exact same scam!! With DERMASOFT AND PURE CELL PRODUCTS. PAID THE $4.95 FOR EACH AS ADVERTISED, FREE PAY JUST THE SHIPPING, Saw absolutely nothing about a 14 day trial or any indication that I would be charged $89.95!
    July-Aug 2016

Marcia Graten Novak Feb 16, 2017

@Sally Branson Same thing happened to me. Once I got my credit card company involved, I did receive a credit of $31.25 off the original price of $188.70! WOW, what a rip-off. When I contacted the company the agent told me it was MY fault because I didn't read the fine print. Where was the "fine print" I still can't find it. Unfortunately, this product works but simply not worth the hassle or price. DO NOT BUY!!!

• Na
    NanaW Aug 11, 2016

Please help! I also have received unwanted product without receipts and without info to cancel. I need to cancel ASAP. I should have never fallen for the "Free" and "just pay the shipping" advertisement - and will NOT ever again order anything this way. Now, however, I must cancel. I am having trouble reaching the REAL company. I will find it ... and stop future shipments. It is very traumatic to fall into scams. I will buy my products over the counter from now on always. I am a retired teacher and should know better. I grew up in a time and place when it was easier to trust people.

• Ye
    Yevette Stewart Sep 06, 2016

I just went through almost the same ripoffs, arguments and loss of money $160.00 as stated in the complaints listed. Furthermore, I never even opened the container this PureCell product was in!! I did not open because I had canceled this product! I just had an argument with this company's customer service department and they have promised to send an email in regards to returning my money -- they also claim that I have to have a form from them regarding this monetary return, which I have not found as yet. I also grew up in a time when you could TRUST a company that you dealt with. What has happened, have the laws changed or are we subject to a bunch of dishonest companies and employees??!!!

• Pa
    Parrottlover Jan 30, 2017

I too fell victim to this scam...luckily my credit card company had emailed me to advise me of the charge. The card representitave interceded on my behalf. I was able to get a 75% refund on a product they auto billed after 14 days and had not even mailed yet. We had quite a bit of arguing, Dermasoft and I...I was furious. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS.
    There are also identical fake shark tank ads, using the same picture, but a different name for the product.

• De
    dee1107 Apr 01, 2017

I too ordered a sample of the aging cream and eye serum. I was to be charged only for shipping. ($4.95 & $1.99) Once I received the samples, I immediately called the toll free number and told the operator to cancel any future shipments of the product.
    Since I made the call and was assured by the operator that I would not receive any future product, I put the transaction out of my mind. Later that same month, I received 2 boxes of product. Again I called and was told it was a mistake. The operator told me to keep the boxes as a gift for any inconvenience. I never opened the boxes. The next month I again received merchandise. This went on for 3 months.
    Today, I called our bank to inquire as to why a transaction was denied on the card I used for the original sample of Derma Essence. Long story short, I am out $1, 100.00! They kept charging my card for shipments that I Never authorized. These shipments came from 4 different addresses with 4 different company names. (all the company names are related ) I never received 1/2 of the merchandise that I was charged for. I do have the other 1/2 still in the boxes they were mailed in. I never opened the boxes. They were set aside waiting for a solution so I could return them all. Today I also opened a case with my bank for fraudulent unauthorized charges. I was advised to call the phone numbers that were listed on all the transactions and try to "get the ball rolling" in order to give the company a chance to return my funds. I did just that, the first number I called was [protected] listed on my statement from the bank as "PL FACECREAM"
    The number was answered by a recording "you have reached customer care" then a women comes on and asks my zip code. I explained the issue to this women "Anita", I was told she could issue me a 30% refund and credit my account right away. I declined stating I would like the total amount that was taken from my account. I told her I spoke to my bank and opened a case against these charges. She advised me not to work with my bank! She stated that the banks will always decline to help and I will not receive any of the money working with them. I chuckled a bit, she then asked if I would accept a 50% of the total amount, I declined, stating that I would like all of the funds they charged my account without my authorization. I asked to speak to a supervisor; I was told they didn't have those there. She put me on hold, returned and said if I returned all of the merchandise that I was charged for then they would issue a refund. Well now, how can I return something I never received? I told her I did not receive 1/2 of what I was charged for. The women once again gave me an offer of a 50% refund or I could return everything I was charged for. Again I stated that I did not receive all of what I was charged for. She said she could not help me and hung up the phone!
    Do yourself a favor and stay clear of the following companies. These are all related and have made fraudulent charges on my credit card. Derm Essence Beauty 2021 N Slappy blvd #219 Albany, GA 31701, Dermasoft PO Box 25380 Santa Ana, CA [protected], Beauty 2021 N Slappy blvd #219 Albany, GA 31701, Pure Cell PO Box 25380 Santa Ana, CA [protected]
    The phone numbers associated with the charges to my account are: [protected] PLFACECREAM, [protected] Lux Uries Serum, [protected] Useskinserum, [protected] clarantingin