Pureacaiberries.comScam charges

A couple of weeks ago I received an email which appeared legit that touted all the incredible antioxidant properties of newest berry from the famed Brazilian Rainforest. Being interested in health and wellness, I eagerly replied and checked the box that I would be willing to pay for S&H to receive a sample bottle. I did receive a sample bottle as ordered. However, to my surprise, I received another full-size bottle today which I did NOT order!

I have been unable to find any way to contact this company and had not agreed to any membership or other agreement to receive further shipments. This company is suspicious because there is no literature mailed to you and as most of you have probably experienced, their website seems to leave no 'cookie' to even try to retrieve the 'sent' email.

Like many others, I am returning the unopened, full-size bottle along with a copy of this website and my specific complaint. Thank you!

More Pureacaiberries.com Complaints & Reviews

• Hi
    hilde dunivan Nov 28, 2008

the same happend to me I ordered a "free trial" and were just charged postage. Three weeks later a full bottle showed up and our account was charged without our authorization. I attempted to contact but could not get through to person. I have cancelled online and I plan to return unopened bottle that I did not order. Please do not order from this company. It is a scam!

• St
    Stacey Oct 27, 2008

We ordered a "free trial" and were just charged postage. Three weeks later a full bottle showed up and our account was charged without our authorization. I attempted to contact but could not get through to person. I have cancelled online and I plan to return unopened bottle that I did not order. Please do not order from this company. It is a scam!

• As
    Ashley Oct 27, 2008

I went online at go helpnow.com to find out if this website was real. I found it and finaly cancelled out of everything and it took about 5 min. I just glade that im finealy cancelled.

Mike Oct 27, 2008

I did go back and looked at the terms and it does explain everything in the terms.

• Su
    Susan Jones Oct 14, 2008

Need to know the pricing/ packages that you have available.
    I enjoyed the free samples, but never heard another thing
    from you. The box had nothing inside except the bottle of
    Pure Acai Berry, so didn't know how to contact. Was pleased

Glenwood, NM 88039

• Su
    Suzie Oct 04, 2008

My Visa account was also charged 87.78 Canadian
    Please send money back. When you call the line is busy ... Surely a month suppy is not 87.78
    Please refund the money

james a patterson Sep 26, 2008

i tried to talk to a man, and he said i order it, i told him i order the small bottle, but they sent me a large bottle and also the small one, so i call him, andi told him i did not want the big one... so i just gave up and went to bed till i got a large env. to mail this one back... cptpat

• Pa
    patricia l arata Sep 23, 2008

Please stop sending and charging me. I did not order the last bottle of pills...PureAcaiBerry. Please also take last charges off my bill...$5.95 plus $74.95//////Mastercard
    I'll return the pills if you wish.

Mary Tryba Sep 22, 2008

I QUESTION HOW DO I GET MY MONEY BACK? PLEASE SUBMIT DIRECTION FOR ASSISTANCE

Mary Tryba Sep 22, 2008

I WAS CHARGED $74.95 ON MY CREDIT CARD> THIS IS UNAUTHORIZED> I SENT FOR THEIR SAMPLE BOTTLE ONLY OF ACAI BERRY WITH A $4.95 for shipping. I WANT MY MONEY BACK. THIS IS UNAUTHORIZED .

• Je
    Jesus R. Gomez Sep 22, 2008

I did not authorize you to charge me for a bottle of pureacaiberry to my credit card other than the

sample bottle 4.95 .The product did not work for me .Please cancel and credit my account.

• Lo
    Louis Calligano Sep 19, 2008

I did not authorize you to charge me for a bottle of PureAcaiberry to my credit card other than the sample for 4.95.The product did work for me. Please cancel.

• Sh
    shelley tino Sep 18, 2008

I never agreed to receiving this product. please remove this from my charge, that has been illegally charged . thank you shelley tino

• Jj
    JJ Sep 17, 2008

Here is the cancellation information.

You can cancel at any time during the ten day trial period by unsubscribing at our website at http://pureacaiberries.com/contact.php?cmd=unsubscribe_form with no further obligations.

If, at any time thereafter, you wish to cancel the convenient home delivery plan, you may unsubscribe at our website at http://pureacaiberries.com/contact.php?cmd=unsubscribe_form with no further obligations.

You many cancel your services at any time by submitting an email to our Support Services [email protected]

You are also enrolling in our monthly online Newsletter and we will bill your credit card five dollars and eighty seven cents per month for the subscription. If you are not satisfied with the information provided to you through our newsletter, you may cancel this service at any time by unsubscribing at our website at http://pureacaiberries.com/contact.php?cmd=newsletter_unsubscribe_form with no further obligations.

Return Policy. We will credit one returned unopened product per customer if received within 30 days of the purchase of the trial sample. No returns are credited after 30 days from the order date of the trial product. Merchandise must be returned at customer's expense. Absolutely no returns are credited for opened or partially used products. The sample's shipping charge is non-refundable. In the event that the product arrives damaged, please email our Customer Service Department via our contact page within 48 hours. DO NOT DISPOSE OF ANY DAMAGED PRODUCTS OR PACKAGING until you contact Customer Service for instructions, as we may require return of the damaged goods. In these situations we will promptly send a replacement product and a pre-paid return label to return the damaged merchandise.

No refunds on any packages that come back "Return to Sender".

Please return all product to:
    PO BOX 971090, Orem, UT 84097, United States

• Ri
    rick ostler Sep 12, 2008

Same with me on everything except I will not return the product. I did not order it, thus they sent me a gift. Why should I go through the trouble and cost of returning it and allow them to profit twice. They are not going to give credit, just gloat over the returned product.
    I am, however, seeking a cheap, or pro bono chemist, to analyze the product for harmful or worthless content.
    Yes, quickly contact the credit card company and also refer them to this site and the listed complaints.
    The call to the state attorney general is another good idea.
    Good luck gang.

Maia Sep 12, 2008

I ordered the trial bottle of PureAcaiBerry from Performance Health which arrived last week, but the formula has ingredients my system does not tolerate and I did not want to order more. I just received a larger bottle that I did not order. I intend to return it and try to stop payment. Wish I had done more research before contacting this company. Any success stories on customers getting satisfaction would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Maia

• Ka
    Kathleen Coyle Sep 10, 2008

I did not authorize you to charge $79.76 to my credit card and credit my account the above amount, as I did not order anything from you other than the sample for $3.95. If my account is not credited within 48 hours, you will hear from my attorney.

mary lottes Sep 10, 2008

my credit card was also charged i want this stopped now

Joe Rome Sep 09, 2008

I did not authorize you to charge $74.76 to my credit card. Please cancel any and all shipments to me and credit my account the above amount, as I did not want anything else from you at this time as when I did try to use your product I did become ill and quit using it.
    Sincerely
    Joe Rome

Marilyn Rasmussen Sep 08, 2008

I talked to a person on the phone and authorized him to send the sample bottle. He said I will sign you up for the monthly bottle at 74.00. I told him I was not interested. He in turn said I will send you the free sample if you will pay the postage. To that I agreed. I received the free sample and immediately got on my computer and cancelled the monthly order(just to be safe. ) Then 4 days later I received a full bottle and charge to my credit card of $74.00. This Pure Acai Berry company is not legit. I am returning the unopened bottle as thier terms apply, but I don't know if I will get my money back. After seeing all the complaints from other people. I think I also have a reason to complain.
    Marilyn

Jacquline Henderson Sep 03, 2008

Credit card was charged after confirmation by company of cancellation of auto shipment. Impossible to reach company to request refund.

• Li
    Linda Gilbert Sep 03, 2008

I was also charged for a bottle of PureAcaiBerry, when I only wanted the trail size.The product did not work for me, and I would like my money refunded.

• Ev
    Evelyne Sep 03, 2008

I ordered a sample and received a full bottle that I didn"t order or sign for

mickey moritz Sep 03, 2008

Same thing happened to me!My checking account was debited on 7/29/2008 for $74.95 & on 7/30/2008 my account was debited for $4.95 plus $89.97 .

• Th
    Thomas Sep 01, 2008

I too was taken in by these crooks. Fortunately, I have my bank working to get this resolved. I too, ordered a sample and agreed to pay the shipping chare of $4.97 . I did not agree to make any further purchases. But guess what? My bank account was charged $74.76 PLUS a $35.00 ISF charge. These people should be put out off business for good. They also should be charged with bank fraud as well as mail fraud . I have tried on numerous ocassions to contact them but to no avail. Never again will I trust anyone hawking a product online

• To
    tonya mcallister Aug 31, 2008

Credit changed for 74.00 something i did not order, only order sample product for 4.95.

missykat Aug 29, 2008

i also would like to have my name off taken off the mailing list if anyone has ifomation aon how to get it off i would like to know.
    michelle

• Ro
    Robert E. Lydy Aug 28, 2008

I received word that for $4.95 I could get a weeks supply of the AcaiBerry. I received the capsules and tried them for a week, but they did not do as the claim they would. I have now received a 30 day supply that was not ordered by me and charged $74.95. I want to know when I can send them back and receive credit for them. I want to take my name off your mailing list. Thank you. Robert E. Lydy

• Na
    Nancy Aug 28, 2008

The same thing happened to me both with acia berry and their ultra relief product. When I contacted them to complain they said that it states that by purchasing the trail it will sign you up to receive more product. I dont know where this is stated but it must be microscopic because I didn't see it. I sent both items back and did receive a fast refund but I would NEVER do business with this company again. I think they count on people being passive and not bothering to return the unwanted products.

Margie Sekulo Aug 28, 2008

I called Utah Attorney Gen'l. Office and was told to go on line to complain and they would see about stopping this company. www.dcp.utah.gov also call your credit card co. and dispute the charges. They will direct you.

• Pa
    Patricia Aug 28, 2008

I can't reach this company to cancel any further shioments or mailings. I received the sampkle bottle and do not want to continue with this product. HELP!oc

• Je
    Jeanne Benvenuti Aug 23, 2008

This is definitely a scam. Same thing happened to me. trial bottle and then an unsolicited bottle for outrageous amount of 74.95. Definitely don't send it back. Call your credit card company. Once the charge is reversed, you can decide whether or not you want to return the product. You are not required to, as it was unsolicited. I'm also going to call Consumer Affairs, A.G.'s office, wherever I need to go to have this company shut down.

• Me
    Merry Bunns Aug 21, 2008

RETURNING THE PRODUCT WILL NOT GET YOU A REFUND!!! These scammers HOPE you return their product...then they can sell it to someone else! You MUST contact your credit card company or bank and have the unauthorized charges reversed! Think of how many people that have been charged $89.31! If they get to keep that money...they're making some big bucks! CONTACTING THE "MERCHANT" (the people running the scam) will do you no good. Your only chance is to have your financial institution REVERSE THE UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES!!

• Ti
    tinniecampbell Aug 21, 2008

I also received a "sample"supply of 10 pills for 4.95 then today 8/21/08 I received a bottle of 60 pills which I did not order and was charged $ 74.95 on my bill. I am furious and will start tomorrow on a quest to get rid of these crooks and recover my money.

• St
    Stephen Paisley Aug 21, 2008

My address is PO Box 829 Kila, MT 59920. I did NOT authorize a 74.95 charge to my debit card for 60 capsules of PureAcaiBery. I do NOT want you product and I want you to credit my debit card back for the full amount of 74.95. I do NOT want your product and I want you delete me from your system AFTER you have given me a full credit on my debit card. What you did was illegal and UNAUTHORIZED. Thank you. Signed: Stephen Paisley Home phone: [protected]

• Ad
    ADRIENNE Aug 21, 2008

This is so terrible that when we have good intentions to try a product, it becomes a scam.
    I had the same thing happen to me. I ordereed a 5 day sample supply & when I finished this supply I was automatically billed $74.76 on my credit card.
    This website should be banned from the internet somehow.

• Ne
    nestor katigbak Aug 20, 2008

same thing happen to me, they charge me 74.95 for item i did not order. called my american express & they said not to pay it

• Ro
    robert laino Aug 19, 2008

2nd request, i want MY MONEY BACK, YOU HAVE VERY BAD AND POSSIBLE ILLEGAL PRATICES. I GOT A CALL FROM A REP. COULD NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT SHE WAS SAYING. I DEMAND A CALL BACK, I HAVE SEVERE HEARING LOSS, CALL BACK OR GIVE ME A PHONE NUMBER WHERE I CAN CALL YOU. WHY WOULD WANT TO RIP OFF SENIOR CITIZENS? I PLAN TO USE EVERY LEGAL SOURCE AVAILABLE TO ME TO HAVE MY MONEY RETURNED. YOU HAD NO RIGHT TO USE MY CREDIT CARD TO BENIFIT YOURSELF WITH A PRODUCT I DID'T ORDER. IDENTITY THEFT IS ILLEGAL. THAT'S WHAT YOU PRATICE. I DEMAND A ANSWER.

• Bi
    bill cunningham Aug 18, 2008

I also agreed on August 8th to "pay for shipping" on a SAMPLE of acai berries and on August 15th I was charged 74.76 for a bottle (I guess) that I have not received. I notified my Pay Pal account and they advised me to contact the company. What a SCAM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Aparently the company is tp performance life.

• Vi
    Vivian Gipson Aug 16, 2008

I saw an add and it said get Acaiberries free, just pay shipping and handling charge $4, 95 and about a week to 4 days later, I noticed an unauthorized charge for 74.95 on my checking statement. I talked to one operator nd received no refund. I mailed the pills back to them and I have not heard from them as of yet. This is a scam.