Puppies Brick NJReportSickPuppies.com

ReportSickPuppies.com My $800 toy poodle now has vet bills exceeding $3, 000 and climbing. It's time to fight back. I started a site called ReportSickPuppies.com for Monmouth and Ocean counties in NJ. Please help me document the truth about the puppy stores. Please help me by visiting my site and completing the form.

• Do
    doobieDoo Sep 15, 2009

Better yet, quit breeding puppies and get your pets from the pound. Pets are not objects. Quit your whining, you're part of the problem. "My $800 Toy Poodle..." WAAAAAH! ###.

• Ha
    Happygirl80 Oct 03, 2009

doobieDoo --Who do you think you are judging someone else? always remember "JUDGE THEE LEST THEE BE JUDGED"

You have never made any mistakes in your whole life right? That's what I thought

Looks like you need to take the time to read the entire complaint before responding, the puppy was purchased from a puppy mill, so please take the time to read everything before lowering yourself and to calling someone names like you have...

This board is to help one another, not to Judge unless you have facts, I for one cannot stand Pet Stores as I have seen first hand how much they charge for the puppies that they sell for thousands. Many pet stores pay around $75-$150 max for a purebred puppy and what the woman has experienced many like herself have had the same problems. For the many breeders who mass produce they should be ashamed of themselves.

I would tell anyone thinking of buying any dog, cat to really do your research and find a reputable breeder where you can check out there references, (Not just from there Website) A reputable breeder will answer all your questions and even invite you to there home where a mass breeder usually will not allow you to there home, but to meet you somewhere like a parking lot.

To PUPPIES BRICK NJ to get help a few places you should file a complaint with your Attorney General, Better Business Bureau, even go thru the small Claims Courts. Many people have even contacted there local News station and Newspaper to help do a story which will open the eyes of the Pet Store in question.

If possible when buying from a Pet Store on the paper there could be a Kennel's name which would be helpful to list to anyone you can to help others from buying from the breeder.

PUPPIES BRICK NJ---Wanted to ler you knoow thhar The set up on your Website isi

• De
    devilsadvocate4education Oct 04, 2009

The $75 to $150 max part isn't true (not even for many mixed breed's). To the OP, did you look into NJCAPSA? I believe though am not sure they've been collecting data such as that you are attempting for a very long time. Maybe you can get involved with them and also share info. I''m also unaware how anything is evaluated.

Anonymize Jun 25, 2010

The 75-150 is 100% true. I contacted the breeder of my puppy which I bought from there and was told she only sold her for 150.

• Co
    cookie234 Jun 26, 2010

im sorry but you all are rediculous. its a puppy. its a living thing. the doctor or adoption agency doesnt tell you "hey! you kids going to have cancer in three years so ill see you then!" thats crazy. things go wrong with puppies no matter where you get them. i had my fare share out of homes shelters and stores and guess what? ive had problems with at least one from each type of situation. not every dog or cat ive owned but at least one from each option of purchace. if you got it from a place that has guarentees established read them. did you fall within their guidelines? did you ever think the stores hands are tied because of the contract?! everyone is so quick to judge. everybody is trying to make a living so dont be so critical. maybe next time go to someones house or a shelter to buy a dog...you very well may end up in the same spot you are in now but with no one to blame but yourself...

Anonymize Jun 28, 2010

cookie 234 you really need to learn your facts. This pet store is selling dogs for insane amounts of money and within days or months they are "coming down" with all sorts of congenital diseases. They do not honor the law in NJ against puppies with these kind of problems, let alone their own agreement. Their hands are not tied, they are simply [censor] who pray on the goodness in peoples hearts. All you need to do is google puppy mills and pet stores and I am sure you will be filled with many articles about the horrible things these people do. And your right, they are trying to make a living. A very good one at that, but at the cost of suffering animals and the people who bought them. Instead of telling everyone to be less critical you should be more critical yourself and please just don't ever buy a dog from them and tell all of your friends not to either. Avoid yourself the heartache so you can continue to think that we are all just being "to critical".

• Fi
    fins1 Mar 27, 2011

I own a pet shop in brick and as a matter of fact I am the only 5 star rated pet shop in new jersey. I do not sell cats and dogs and I am highly against mills. I've seen that most of these place that sell puppies pay between 75 and 100 for their puppies, that is a little off. They pay between 49 and 75 for the puppies. The puppy place in brick on 70 uses mills and I know the aspca is trying to shut them down and hope they succeed. They are notorius for selling sick animals and they made the dog buying process even more shady than buying a car and this disgusts me. I feel bad for all the dogs that come from mills and wind up in places such as the pet shops they end up in. Buying a mill dog you will for the majority of the time end up spending more money on vet bills and it will be way more than the very expensive price they charge. Again I own a pet shop and have first hand knowledge of where these places get their animals and how they are treated and sold. So please be careful when buying from this type of place and stay away. This does not mean it is always better to get from a breeder either because some breeders do the same and are only interested in profitable gains and not the animal in whole. I like to say always research the pet shop and breeder before you buy make sure they have great reviews and a solid background for great animal care

• Fi
    fins1 Mar 27, 2011

I almost forgot I also own a dog that I rescued from a shelter. There are so many great dogs looking for loving homes that there is never a need to buy a dog from places like the puppy place in brick. So please always check the local shelters first. My dog I got from the monmouth county spca is great and I could not have asked for a better companion.

• Ki
    kim2011 Jul 08, 2011

Beware buyers store moved from freehod route 9 into brick wil open soon.Sick dogs from Mils.Closed down in freehod. called puppy boutique.Run by a fat blonde lady and her son.Check the breeders on paper all from out of state.By from a local breeder where u can see the parents or at least one.Buyer beware!!!

• Jr
    Jrzygrl0914 Oct 25, 2011

We made the same mistake. We went to National Breeders in Middletown and our 1st dog was a $1000. Golden Retreiver. This price included "lifetime training, micro chip, health guarantee etc. I will admit I was very naieve or ignrant to puppy mills & am horrified that I did contribute to the problem. I was completley unaware that places like this could be allowed to operate. Our puppy was loving, cute, and so friendly when we played with him at the store. We went first then brought the kids for the 2nd visit. He was great with them and they were so happy. We brought him home and when we went to feed him, he started growling. I grew up with dogs and we could, even if we sholdn't, be all over our pets without ever hearing a growl when eating. This continued to get worse and when my husband put his hand in the bowl, the dog bit him (broke skin). We kept the kids away from the kitchen when he was eating, we had no other pets, and when he was done eating he was great. We called the trainer to explain what was going on. They had us come in to show them what he was doing, he bit the trainer & snapped at the owner, who said this is normal and we will feed him on a choke collar and let the kids come in the kitchen if he growls, pull the chain. Are you f'n serious? My kids? No way but we did get the choke collar and my husband held the leash while I walked into the kitchen, he turned into Cujo! He growled, snapped, and the choke collar didn't bother him much. At this time, even if he heard the kids playing in the living room he would start growling, bearing teeth and started to go toward the living room. That was it I was done!!! We brought hiback t show he was getting worse and we were afraid of this little puppy. They said we were ridiculous and we needed to be tougher with the choke collar. That night I tried holding the leash as my husband attempted to go near his bowl, he was able to turn and bit my hand multiple times and then my husband as he tried to help me drawing blood on both and I still have a scar 8 years later. We took him to the vet and he was found unfit for sale, we had him for a week at this point. The worst part waas as soon as you took the food away he went back to being this great loving puppy. Turned out he had was is called rage disorder, thought to be from imbreeding. We picked a Golden for the great family dog they were. I grew up with Noofs & Labs. We brought the dog back with the paper from the vet and they refused to give us our $ back. They said they would replace the dog. I told them we needed to think about it but I was really looking to see what legal options I had. We went to the BBB, the health dept, and many more places. When I googled th so many complaints about sick dogs came up and I was sick to my stomach. After a year the BBB said the only resolutionn was to either get another dog or lose our $1000 so we requested a Shiba Inu that was being "special ordered" from a breeder in Ohio and was $400 less. When he came in we were very nervous and the first thing we did as feed him and put our hand in the bowl before we left the building. Everything was fine and I was like thank God I can be done with these people. That night the dog had a terrible cugh and wasn't acting right. We had already made an appointment with our vet to be safe. He had kennel cough and pneumonia. and was found not fit for sale. I could not break my kids hearts again, so we paid to get him better aand called them to tell the about the vet and the bills. They said to bring themin and we would be reimbursed. Then the dog had a weird white thing in his stool. A sample was taken and they could not identify the worm at the vet and it needed to be sent to a state lab. They couldn't identify so they sent it to another lab where it was found to come fromm the south. So this dog did not come from Ohio and we decided to invesigate his "papers" needless to say all the info was fake. We never got reimbursed the vet bills. We loved him and he was our family so we paid almost 1500. to get him better and it was touch and go for a little while. The good news is he is 7 years old and is now and for the last 6 years very healhy and a great addition to our family. Please do not buy from these puppy mills, what is done to these dogs is disgusting. I have no idea how they are allowed to operate but the state is working on closing them down. Share your stories, contact the BBB, etc. Needless to say these businesses are not affiliated with the BBB but you can still report them. anyone name calling here it is not necessary. This is a lesson learned. They make you think you are purchasing a healthy dog, a vet visit, and lifetime training. They are professionalscam artists. I believe that this puppy mill on 70 is the same owner as NationalBreeders in Middletown. Our 2nd dog was a rescue and he is great and they are both doing well. I have had 0 issues with our rescue American Eskimo. Please learn from our mistakes and do your research. If you want a pure bread look into rescues, shelters, and then reputable breeders. Hope this nightmare saves someone else from going through it.

• Ha
    hattersalice54 Nov 08, 2011

A puppy store opened recently in Brick at the corner of Chambers Bridge Road and Brick Blvd. I visited the place on Wednesday, November 2. The associate, a woman, responded to my inquiries: she gets her puppies from Pa., she sells "all the puppies" … and if they get older, she lowers the prices, she had a business in Freehold and she worked with a retired dog store owner from Point near the beach. I noticed that all the pups were mixed breeds lying on newspaper strips in cages or crates and, though they really needed chew toys, she said the town wouldn't permit her to give them any. It was upsetting (those adorable little pups) and I left. I contacted the NJCAPSA about the store which responded promptly. The store is owned/operated by the "retired" man who owned the Point Pleasant Store as well as a Wall Township Store. He does purchase pups from puppy mills in Pa., the puppy mill capital of the east. It is up to the owner of the store to provide toys to the puppies. I ask any/everyone not to purchase anything from this store. Nothing. If you do, it will only support the mills and these disgraceful people.

• Jm
    J.MIRBACH Dec 11, 2011

I BOUGHT A CHOCOLATE COCKER SPANIEL FROM BREEDERS ASSOCIATION. THE NIGHT I BROUGHT HER HOME THICK YELLOW PUDDING COMING OUT OF EYES. GAVE CONJUNCTIVITIS TO MY OTHER DOG. THIS IS BACK IN JULY.IT IS NOW 12/9. SPENT 2, 000 SO FAR. THE DOG HAS A CONGENITAL EYE PROBLEM. GARDEN STATE AND BRICK VET SAID SHE WILL BE ON MEDICATION FOR THE REST OF HER LIFE. BREEDERS REFUSED TO HELP. PET WARRANTY A SCAM, AND ALSO DR. FENTON. THE THREE ARE ALL WORKING TOGETHER. GARDEN STATE VET SAID THE DOG NEEDED SURGERY BUT BREEDERS WOULD NOT PAY FOR THEM. THE ONLY WAY I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GET ANY MEDICAL CARE FOR THE DOG IS BY FIGHTING. TWO TIMES WENT TO STORE AND THEY CALLED THE POLICE. NOW HAVE TO GO TO COURT. THEY ARE CHARGING ME WITH HARRASSMENT. IF ANYONE ELSE THINKS TO VET THEY RECOMMEND IS PART OF THE PROBLEM CALL ISABEL STRAUSS LAWYER IN T.R. STARTING A CLASS ACTION SUIT. BREEDERS DOES NOT CARE ABOUT WHAT THE DOG HAS BEEN THROUGH. SHE HAD SURGERY AND NOW SHE IS MUTILATED BECAUSE THEY REFUSED TO PAY FOR THE SPECIALIST. PLEASE CONTACT FAUN OR ISABEL STRAUSS, ESQ. WITH ANY COMPLAINTS. SINCE I BOUGHT THE DOG I HAVE GOOGLED THE BREEDER ON HER PAPER, HE HAS BEEN CHARGED WITH PUPPY MILL ISSUES. 263 DOGS ON HIS PROPERTY, DEAD CARCASSES ON PROPERTY, DOGS COVERED IN FECES. 20 DOGS WHERE IN ONE CAGE.

Chris Parker Apr 05, 2017

I bought a English Bulldog right before Christmas and thank God I bought Dog Insurance. His medical bills from Congenital helath problems are racking up quickly. Bad breeding and the saddest part is that it's a Vet from Middletown NJ that owns this Puppy Store, I didn't investigate this myself but I got this information from a very reliable source. After having the Dog for 4 months and my kids falling in love with him also, the rude manager said to return the dog for full compensation of the cost of the dog. I'm not a person to give up and turn in a living being that I brought into my home, these people are emotionless pigs that run this store.