• Gm
    G Mike W Sep 19, 2010

I completely agree. This is a SCAM site. The "rest assured" post above is word for word posted in yahoo answers regarding this same topic. I found protectmyid on my visa bill monthly for two months. My bank credited me, but suggested I call them. I did and the lady on the phone said someone must have stolen my number and tried to sell me the credit report! What kind of idiot would steal a credit card to sign up for an ID theft protection service???

• Wr
    wrongfully charged Sep 12, 2010

This is a scam site. I tried to rent an apartment and I kept on getting the same requirement even after I paid to have my credit report checked. 7 days later they withdrew money from my back account. the 1 dollar fee is a lure. They also fished 9.95 dollars to protect my id. they are the thieves and we should be wary of them Big scammers. Amazing hpow they have been operating so long.

jaymez619 Jul 29, 2010

I must also add that an organization that can't seem to properly control their billing must fail miserably at protecting people's ID.

jaymez619 Jul 29, 2010

<B>
    They are scammers. I called and emailed to have my membership canceled. After going through their high-pressure sales pitch on the phone, I finally got them to agree to cancel and not charge me. I got a confirmation via email that my membership was canceled and that I wouldn't be charged. Low and behold, they still charged me two days later. I emailed them again, and someone by the name of Kimberly J said, "certain issues are too complex to be adequately resolved using email." I called BS and forwarded a copy of the so-called "confirmed cancellation" email and they just sent me another notice that my membership was canceled, but they didn't refund the charge.
    </B>

• Po
    porkchop2020 Jul 03, 2010

hello

this message is for Protectmyid.com/customer service

[censor] you!

play this game with some other idiot down the street

I will get my credit report via snail mail rather than giving you the PRIVILEGE of helping my get one

thought you needed this honnest comment. Now, use it wisely

regards
    r.parker

• Mi
    Michael8 Jun 23, 2010

Rest assured, ProtectMyID.com™ is not a scam. It’s a part of Experian®, one of the most trusted brands that protects more than 9 million consumers, and can help you stay informed about your identity’s security.

It is because the ProtectMyID team is so confident in the product that the features and trial period information is listed on ProtectMyID.com’s main page (http://www.protectmyid.com/). If you do decide to cancel, feel free to call Customer Care at [protected] Monday through Friday between the hours of 6 a.m. and 6 p.m., or Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (PT). You could also send an email to [email protected]

Additionally, job searches that require you to sign up for a service are rarely originated by that service and are usually not valid. ProtectMyID.com does not condone this kind of marketing. Please see the ProtectMyID.com blog post about ways to proect yourself when job searching online: http://blog.protectmyid.com/2010/01/13/online-employment-scams/

Source(s):

• Fo
    Footsie Jun 11, 2010

I want to know if any of these questions are being answered? I also need to get reports for my husband and I. Have a lot of difficult with Customer Care. What is this site a Scam Site?
    Also, the Customer Care No. is [protected].

• Da
    DamIt321 Jun 09, 2010

I to my self got charged 11 bucks i was looking for a job desperately and i came across a job offer ad and it said the job required a credit check that had to be at protectmyid.com so i did it and now they've charged me with out my authorization... what should i do????

• Ta
    Taxi Jan 30, 2010

I too got ripped off my this "service'. I do not know WHERE they got my bank account number. They have been taking money out of my account with authorization.

• Ca
    Catherine Geckle Sep 12, 2009

Monies were charge to my credit card. I did NOT authorize this.

• Al
    alexanderwaldorf Aug 25, 2009

Hey, I cant delete my account, i can not find the option anywhere on that site. can anyone help me out?

• Lr
    LRicher Jul 10, 2009

I have been trying to get a credit report PDF file which I paid US 19.95 to file some rental applications since 07/08/09 from this website. I called twice to check what the problem is. They keep telling me the system is having problem (root problems) for 10 days and it will fix in couple of hours (B.S.) so I am not be able to save the credit reports in PDF files in computers. Since I am applying to rent some apartments, landlords are asking pdf file, I feel cheated by the Protectmyid.com because they do not want to return my money back, telling me this is not refundable but they are not providing the service they offer. With this, I am loosing opportunities to check some nice apartments. I am reallu upset.

M. K. Johnson Apr 05, 2009

I still did not get an answer concerning my problem.

I need an answer

M. K. Johnson Apr 05, 2009

There was a withdrawal in the amount of $34.95 that I did not authorize, a debit to www websaveclub.com I have no idea who or what this is all about. I would be pleased if this could be cancled and money refunded.

Thanks,