Protea Hotelsgross treatment of guest

Dear Sir/Madam

I was guest at your various Protea Hotels for many years and just had the most dreadful experience your Protea Hotel Upington on 26.9.19. They firstly placed me in a room with no windows. I informed reception who told me that they were fully booked and had no alternative room available.

At about 0h30 whilst asleep in room 434 I was drenched with water pouring from the ceiling which came from the room on top of mine. Needless to say, I was in a total state of shock and feared that I could be electrocuted since the water was also pouring from the light fittings.

I immediately notified reception and the male receptionist indicated that they would come and investigate immediately. I waited +/- 20 minutes and when no one came to my assistance I was forced to go down to reception in my wet sleepwear. The receptionist was on the phone not displaying any care whatsoever to my predicament as his guest and customer. He was more interested in talking to whoever he was trying to contact.

I eventually got my suitcase out of the room that was totally flooded by now and went to sit downstairs. At about 1:30 he informed me that he found another room for me (again a room with no window). At no stage did I experience that your employee had my best interest at heart. It was the most unpleasant experience.

When I checked out this morning the new receptionist enquired about my stay and when I informed her about my ordeal she insisted that I speak with the General Manager. Yet again I was disappointed. At no stage did he apologise for my inconvenience or portray genuine concern, he rather referred to the fact that the plumber only arrived at 4am.

I have been a guest of Protea hotels for more than 20 years and can honestly say that I have never received such appalling service. I was dissatisfied at times but staff at your various hotels always tried to tend to my compliant in the most professional and amicable manner which I definitely did not experience at Upington Protea Hotel.
I frequently receive mail from Marriott Hotels (my membership no. [protected]) indicating that I am a valued guest - I definitely do not feel valued at all and will never visit that hotel ever again.

Gr