Promgowndress.comPromised a refund, but won't do it

E

All over the website, they say 100% guaranteed or a full refund. We paid $25 extra to expedite shipping. They sent a follow-up email asking for sizes, color, etc., which we had already filled out. They confirmed we would have the dress by 3/22/10. On 3/25/10 I emailed asking where our dress was. Lily Lee said that it was still in production, and even though we had paid the extra for shipping, they couldn't guarantee it. I told her we would have to cancel the order to get a different dress. She has been sending me emails stalling, and then sent one saying they had shipped it. I told her I would return it upon receipt. Now I have it, and the shipping invoice does not have a return address, it's from CHINA, and she put the purchase price at $25, not the $197.20 that we paid. This morning she said, "If you don't want the dress, why do you placed the order?" I haven't even bothered yet with telling her the dress is a piece of garbage. I could have made it for about $40! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY

• Tr
    tresda May 17, 2012

do not order from this website, very bad products, and service, even though I send them my measurements, the dress was huge and then they refuse to return it and they did suggest that I alter it myself, it is a scam

• Mi
    Mikelee May 16, 2012

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. They are frauds. I emailed the company prior to placing an order to make sure that 3 months notice would be enough to get the "dream dress" for my prom. It turned into a nighmare. Their email response said no probem they could make it in time. 3 weeks after I placed the order I received a call at 11:00 pm at night from an Asian man I could barely understand. I was able to make out "dress, cannot get fabric, pick another dress". By the time it registered what was happening I knew this was going to be a major problem. The company emailed me an alternative which looked absolutely nothing like the dress I ordered. 1 day later I responded to them and told them to cancel the order. IT HAS BEEN HELL EVER SINCE trying to get my credit card refund. I have not had to get VISA involved and have registered a formal dispute. I had to buy another dress and am still waiting to receive credit for a dress I never received from this unreliable, foreign company. Please do yourself a favor and do not order from them.

• Aa
    AAA from Whittier, CA May 03, 2012

Please file a complaint against this company at Better Business Bureau. This is the information I was able to gather regarding this website that you will need when you fill up the form : Name of website: www.PromGownDress.com City: Atlanta, Georgia 30307 (Since they did not give out their address on their website, I used this US address since this is their host domain in the US) Email: [email protected] Phone: +[protected]. BBB will also need the usual information like contact name, amount of sale, & order no. Hopefully, if we all give our voice against this company, we can help warn potential customers.

• Aa
    AAA from Whittier, CA May 03, 2012

My daughter found this website www.PromGownDress.com and ordered a dress from their site for her Prom on 4/19/12. We received an e-mail that the dress is not available, we also received some messages on our phone from a lady with a heavy chinese accent. My daughter ended up ordering another gown since the first one she ordered was not available. After several follow ups, the dress finally arrived from an address in China. We gave them the measurements but the dress was too big for her size. We followed their instructions on the web for returns - sent pictures showing that the dress was big and the stitching was coming off. We e-mailed back and forth with Molly who kept insisting they followed our measurements. There is no address on the site and they would not honor a refund. What's even worst is that they charged us twice, one for the big dress and also for the dress that was out of stock. I am now in contact with Paypal to try and get our money back at least for the dress they did not ship. I'm stuck with a big dress, so I'm out of $168. The only good thing about this is I had enough time to run to Los Angeles garment district to find a Prom dress who alters the same day. I wish I found this blog earlier! Would have saved me a lot of head ache and money!

• Cr
    CRABBYK Apr 23, 2012

I ordered a prom dress for my daughter's junior prom on 2/14/12 and was assured it would be delivered in 21 days. Her prom is 5/5/12. After 21 days and not a word from promgowndress.com, I started sending emails and they assured me that it would be here in time for our event. Well A dress arrived on 4/12/12 but it was the wrong dress, completely the wrong color. I contacted them and had correspondence with both Molly and Lily and they made me send in pictures of my daughter in the dress. We ordered a dress in egg plant and received a dress in hot pink and black. Since that time, I have sent several emails and am not getting any response, I also have been on the live chat several times and no one is giving any help. I have called the phone number provided and it just rings and rings. This company is horrible and I will never recommend them to anyone! This is my daughter's junior prom, she was so excited and we don't have time to purchase another dress and get it altered. I wish someone could do something about this company.

• Ka
    Kauai, Hawaii Apr 16, 2012

Ordered my daughter's prom dress on 2/29/12 for her prom on 4/21/12. Website states within 21 days and it is almost 47 days and no dress or word if it is coming. Email from the company saying "it is process and they will notify us when they mail it..." Now I find out about all this people not receiving their dress or disappointed with what they received I am so mad!!! This weekend went to look for a dress and found something as a back-up but I feel so sad for my daughter being that she is so excited being this is her first prom. I plan to submit my dispute thru PayPal and hope I get a refund. We need to get this people off the website so no one else goes thru this disappointment. This company will wish they have not screwed with me!!!

• 11
    112233 Apr 07, 2012

All this is SO true! I wish I had found this sooner too! They are now threatening a lawsuit against me because I complained too loudly!

• Su
    sukhu Apr 06, 2012

I am afraid the same thing happened to me. I ordered my dress, but it is still not here. I have been e-mailing them, but I feel there is little hope. I am glad I ordered it months in advance, but I don't think I can afford another dress. People seem to be having similar problems, so I feel better knowing that I am not the only one being scammed, but this NEEDS to stop. I would hate for some other young girl, waiting for her dream dress to come in the mail, to have to go through this. I guess my real question is: Will I even get a dress from this site? Or are they not going to send anything at all?

• Re
    RebeccaEr Apr 06, 2012

Wish we had known this earlier. We purchased a prom dress on 3/18. It is now 4/6. They kept sending us e-mail after e-mail wanting to known more about my daughter's measurements. Then they sent us a e-mail telling us that the color dress that she wanted they didn't have that we would have to pick another color. We spent an extra $30.00 for express shipping and still don't have the dress! What is express about that!! We paid $186.00 for a dress that we don't have. And to call them you never get an answer. Had no idea that I was calling overseas!! Doesn't even give you an option to talk to a customer service agent. Tried to e-mail them, but the site is down!!! Funny Huh!!! They should be embarrassed to be ripping young girls off! Credit card company that I have is working on it, but it might take up to 2 months to resolve. Does not do us any good. We still don't have a dress. In the meantime my daughter has paid for a dress she will probably never get. AND if it ever is on our doorstep I will refuse shipment. They should be ashamed of themselves!!! Don't order from this site. It's a rip off!!! Word of mouth is a WONDERFUL thing!!

• Ni
    nitte Nov 17, 2011

Avoid!!! Avoid!!! If you are lucky, promgowndress will make you a nice dress... BUT, if they do anything wrong, they will not help you.
    They have a 'return policy., but they do not follow it. After ordering 5 dresses, that was pretty good, I ordered 5 more...
    4 of the dresses was wrong made. Up to 10 cm wrong measurement, 3 of the dresses had different fabric that what we agreed on in the order. I sent many good pictures, explained in every way how it was going to be. It is clear they did a mistake! When I wrote my complane, first they never answer. After 12 mail, they filnaly replyed... But only saying that minor difference in details is common... that they have a bussy season an that the tailor had a lot to do and mistakes can happend... ALSO they said if I want the dresses made, they ask me to pay for it. again. They wont let me return the dresses eather. I have all the mails to proove my order, pictures and everything... still they are not taking care of the mistakes, and also acuse me for not doing a propper order. AVOID this company!! They are just after your money!! What you receive is not important for them, and if you are not happy, there is nothing you can do! Waist of money, waist of time!!

• Na
    Nancy4you Jun 09, 2011

Did anyone get a refund? I am going through the same problem. I ordered a custom made dress for my friends wedding on june 1st. The dress I wanted them to make for me has a lot of beadwork on the top but I got a shipping confirmation on june 7th!!! I have no idea how they could've sewn the beads within a week. Well i received the dress today, june 9th, and the dress looks like a VERY CHEAP version of the original. The beads were SEQUINS not beads!!!
    The fabric of the dress was super duper heavy, and it made my shoulders drag. The measurements of the dress were not my measurements. The dress was 2 sizes bigger than me! I asked for a refund and i'm just hoping they don't backfire on me!!! The wedding is on July 8th and I have no dress!! FREAKIN OUT HERE!

• Vi
    Victoria26ab Oct 17, 2010

Hey

I ordered a dress back in march from this company and I ordered it 6 weeks before I needed it!

I was in contact with Molly and Lily for about 4 weeks after them having told me that they will ship it etc etc.

They told me a week before I needed to receive it that it had shipped and I would get it in 3-5 days. I was happy, it was for my 21st birthday!

I didn't get it, I emailed them constantly for the week following my birthday and no reply. I opened a dispute with paypal and you have to keep in mind paypal have a 45 day dispute time period. I was up to day 48 but they let me open a dispute. They got an answer from the company within 48 hours. They wrote that the dress wasn't in stock (aka never sent!!!) and they HAD to give me a refund.

I got my money back but it was such a hassle and I ended up hiring a gown for my party. I was so upset. It's not worth it. I would have much rathered pay extra to get one handmade or else just hire an outfit! Some online companies are not worth it, especially this one!

• Mi
    mimi_gonz Jul 17, 2010

did you finally receive the dress? just curious, I've seen the website and the prices seem too good to be true so i decided to do some research and came across this post. If received, was the quality and dress what you expected as described in the website photo?

• Kb
    kbh589192 Apr 20, 2010

Omg...I wish I found this sooner! The other day I ordered a dress from that site and they (a chinese lady) sent an email asking for measurements which i already filled out, I have yet to respond but they have my credit card info., and I've been trying to go on their site but it's saying the connection is wrong, or it doesn't exist. Thanks for the warning, maybe it isn't too late, but my hope has gone down. I agree with this complaint, it's probably a scam, don't do business with promgowndress.com.