Professional Debt Recovery ConsultantsSuspicious/Threatening Phone Calls

This morning I received a phone call from a woman asking that I verify the last four digits of my social security number and my birthdate. She had, she said, important personal information for me, but she would not reveal it without the verification of my social, etc. I told her I wasn't interested in her information and hung up. I used call return to get the return number, [protected]. My return call connected me to Professional Debt Recovery Consultants and a gentlemen who called me by name and proceeded to tell me that someone had registered an unpaid bill with them. At my insistance that there was no such bill, he declared that he had my social secutiry number and my date of birth. Eventually, he hung up. It was then that I checked the internet and see that this company has had complaints lodged against it. I am adding mine as well. It is a frightening thought that one's social security number, if this company does have mine, can pass through so many hands. I will also be reporting this incident to the NC attorney general's office.

Margaret Whisnant