Prize Research Intelligence AgencyPrize won - fake check scam

D

My husband too, received one of these 'prizes' of $2, 536, 092.23 but they wanted $20.00 to send it to him! Very official looking 'notice' but obviously just another person (or goup of people) too lazy to work for a living and tries to prey on unsuspecting people who could use the prize money, not to mention the $20 PRIA asks them to send in to get the prize! What's the world coming to when the only good news you get in the mail is sales papers?

• Ke
    Kenneth Nesby Jan 31, 2010

after all this time they are still at it.

• Ke
    Kenneth Nesby Jan 31, 2010

They are still at it as of 1/2010. Complaints made by many others are terrible. My winning were $2, 342, 000 for the small fee of $20. Do not pay them a single dime! Not only will lose your benefits but in addition the state state and federal government will expect you to produce the funds you signed for and never received. DO NOT DO IT!

• Mi
    mindy riddle Jun 07, 2010

I recieved a letter in the mail as well... it look very ligit... my husband kinda gave me a hard time about nt mailing the form back... as I read the contents I noticed that there was no phone number or web address on it at all so i decided to reasearch it to prove my point... " something seemed fishy" I was right and am glad that everyone warned me before i sent them 20 bucks as well.

• Vi
    victum no more Jul 23, 2010

I received a yellow envelope with the words (Rapid Notice). Now I Know I didn't sign up 4 a sweepstakes or anything. Also no number R website was on the paper. So I passed. But the most important thing is (HOW DID THEY GET MY ADDRESS AND NAME?)

• De
    Debra McBride Sep 11, 2010

I also receive this notice and they wanted 20.00 of my money so i googled there name came up as a scam thanks to other people reporting them as scammers i would no send back the paper work they requsted thank you, Debra McBride

• Fe
    feliciaf Mar 15, 2011

I just got mine in the mail today, thanks guys for the info!!!

• Di
    Diana George Mar 15, 2011

I got a letter stateing i won 2, 536, 092.23 and I had to send 20.00 dollars for transfer fee, It did'nt make sents to send money to a agency that I never response to, It need to be stoped now, I worked to hard to have people like this to take my money, It's hard out here all ready for people like me, and I live alone, no kids, and I prayed that I would win some prize but not company's like this, I would be a fool, so please! take notice that it need to be stopped now! I hope thay don't have SScard, don't know how in the world thay got my address, but as of right now, I'm stopping this scam I know people that are cops, and I have family members that work undercover DEA.

• Do
    don't mess with my mind Aug 18, 2011

I received one of these (trying to look official) checks in the amount of $2, 342, 000.00, they actually think I would send $20.00 to claim the prize (a joke). My husband's attitude towards this type of scam is, deduct the $20 from the prize and send the difference. Also got a phone message from Joe asking that I call so that he could get more info. (pleeeaasse). I work for Chase bank 35 years and I can not tell you how many people fall for this crap!! they are bilked out of lots..

• Mo
    Mom of four in TX Aug 30, 2011

Thank God for the internet and google, now we can research fraudulant companies and scams such as this Pria Prize Reasearch Intelligency Agency. Thank you all who took the time and write your comments so that the rest of us would
    not waste our hard earned $20.00

• Ki
    kimberly mccaskill Sep 16, 2011

I recieved one of these official envelopes and because I had sign up for a sweep stakes I thought maybe but decided to google this company first because there wasn"t an email address or phone number glad I did thanx for the heads up.

• Ki
    kimberly mccaskill Sep 16, 2011

I don"t mind if there helpful and in cases like these they are very helpful you don:t know if you don"t ask and with so many people trying to take advantage of hard working people iam glad others have posted there complaints...thanx again you saved me from doing something foolish as if I can afford to just give money away. NOTE

• Ca
    cassi denae Dec 19, 2011

Well, sadly today I also got one of these unbelievably legal looking fake ### prize notifications from your one & only Prize Research Intelligence Agency stating that I have a pending cash disbursal awaiting claim & payment for $2, 342, 000.00. I have become dependent on websites like this one to determine whether or not any notification I get through the mail is ligit or if its a scam. So far every notification I have EVER gotten through the mail has been a 100% scam. If it wasn't for you people who actually take the time out to forewarn unsuspecting hardworking individuals such as myself then we may all be victims of this lowlife way to crook people out of their $. ♥✿ƹ̵̡ӝ̵̨̄ʒ✿♥~A HUGE Thank You!! To All The Posters Of Scams Like THIS ONE!!~♥✿ƹ̵̡ӝ̵̨̄ʒ✿♥