PRIVACYMATTERUnauthorized charges

A

Made Unauthorized charges on my new MasterCard. Must be related to PMIDENTITY - Charges made are on the same day and the same amount. Please let me know if I can possibly recover these charges. Between the two charges that is already know to me, the total is $61.90.

Detail PRIVACYMATTER charges:

11/26/07 PRIVACYMATTER124247604 [protected] CT $1.00

12/03/07 PRIVACYMATTER124247604 [protected] CT $29.95

There's probably another charge on 01/03/08. I was able to cancel this "membership charge" today 01/05/08.

I have to wait until office hours on PMIDENTITY to cancel my account using that is on my credit card statement. The telephone system is acting or my assigned account number, or credit card number that was used or my telephone number.

Please let me know the possiblity of recovering these charges.

Thank you.

• Be
    Benita Washington Jan 12, 2008

I signed up for this program on January 3 and it was supposed to be $1.However I was charged $2 three times and I didnot apply for this I only applied for this for a trial period.Then today I tried to used my bank card at the grocery store today unaware that this company has taked $29.99 out of my account twice and I was declined at the store, do to this. This is horriable and unfair I never appled for my account to have this money coming out of it. This is a scam and I want my money back.

• Al
    Alix Herard Jan 21, 2008

4 months ago I signed up for this program for $1.00 trial period, eversince I was charged $29.99 that came out of my bank account I want my money back, for it is unfair.

• He
    Henry Hall Mar 01, 2008

I was ripped off too.

• Fa
    Faysal Apr 21, 2008

I agree 100%, I found an authorised charged on my account for $19.95... I called customer service and they promised me to cancel my membership and refund the money back... I don't even know what kind of services they provide...

• Fa
    Faysal Apr 21, 2008

Sorry, I menat an UNAUTHORISED CHARGE in my previouse comment... NOT AUTHORISED.

• Me
    melissa May 23, 2008

I never even signed up with privacymatter. I did the trial period with annualcreditreport.com and obviously they give privacymatter your information and they charged my account 29.95 without my authorization. You are trying to protect your credit and make sure that no one else out there is stealing your information and the people that you are suppose to trust are taking advantage of people. This is ridiculus.

CHARLES MACFARLANE May 28, 2008

I only signed up as far as when the FREE was $29.95 and I had to give them my SS number. They are now charging me $ 29.95 a month? What recourse do we have to this fraud cancelled

• Sh
    SHARON Aug 11, 2008

TAKING DIFFERENT AMOUNTS OUT EACH MONTH, SOMETIMES A DOLLAR AMOUNT AND SOMETIMES MORE. I HAD TO CLOSE OUT MY BANKING ACCOUNT TO GET RID OF THIS NIGHTMARE.

• Ge
    George Sep 02, 2008

I also signed up for "free trail" agreed to a $1 charge and got charged $29.95 by two separate companies! One was PMIDENTITY and the second was PRIVACYMATTERS. SOB's I would love someone to start a class action suit!

• Le
    Lee Sep 09, 2008

I have the same experience and they charge me every month, and who can tell me how to cancel this charge and take my money back? many thanks,

• Va
    vaino Sep 15, 2008

Privacymatters promised a free credit report, but then charged my credit card for
    $1, $1, $29.95 (8/30/08) and still no credit report !!!

Mary Moore Oct 02, 2008

Please take this PrivacyMatter off my monthly charge. I never signed up for this, jus the $1 charge for a credit report.

• Jh
    j h mckissick Oct 25, 2008

My credit card was charged $29.95 although I definitely told
    the credit card people I do not want their service.
    The web site used by these people is deceptive, obviously
    designed to confuse the customer.
    Please deduct this from my account and do not permit
    another charge being made.

• Wi
    William Everitt Oct 30, 2008

On 9-15-08 I tried to sign up for your trial program for $1
    and get a credit review but never could get through your
    system .
    Now I have been charged $1 by both you and Pridentity
    and $19.95 by both of you on 9-18-08.
    That is $41.90 for NOTHING.

Please CANCEL these charges and remove my name from your records.

I will expect a reply and conformation to my requests.

William Everitt
    [email protected]

• De
    Delbert M. Hendrix Oct 31, 2008

I never signed up for this! I found Privacymatters on
    my card last month and called your 877-993-6264
    and the automation said I had successfully canceled the account...only this month I get yet another bill.
    Actually, I would like Privacymatter to make absolutely sure I am cancelled and I would like to see
    some refunds !!!

I will be on vac until Nov 4th, so no immediate response by me will be possible.

marcia haywood Oct 31, 2008

I also have been charged and money taken from my account two times that i can account for. I have now turned this over to my lawyer for further action. I will be filing charges against you, so it would be in your best interest to refund my account ASAP!! You WILL NOT get away with this.

marcia haywood Oct 31, 2008

This is obviously a bunch of bulls__t!! My account is now closed and i had to open another one because of these people.I tried the $1 free trail and got NOTHING!! I want my money refunded NOW!!!

• Vi
    Vickie Miller Nov 09, 2008

I have a charge on my capital one credit card for $19.95 for a service i didn't even request. Please take these charges off my card.

• Do
    Dorothy Hamilton Mar 01, 2009

I never heard of this company and I barely ever shop online. I went to the bank a few days ago and saw I was overdrafted which was not possible because I had just put money in the bank a few days ago!! I went to the bank to complaine and they lifted their charges and I had to change my account number. I just looking over last month's statement and found they charged me last month for $19.95!!

• Bo
    BOBBOLINI May 10, 2009

I NEVER SIGNED UP FOR ANY SERVICES, YET THEY HAVE BEEN CHARGED TO MY ACCOUNT IN THE AMOUNTS OF$1.00 AND$29.95 EACH MONTH. I WOULD LIKE A REFUND FOR ALL CHARGES FROM 1/18/09 AND I WANT TO CANCEL MY ACCOUNT IMMEDIATELY.

• Ry
    Ryan M Kleczka Jun 23, 2010

Never visited the website, never heard of it before now, and they charged 17.95 to my account. I would like my money back and to ensure that i will no longer be charged

• Te
    tedesco Oct 01, 2010

I was looking at my bank statement and I have noticed the same. What is this program? Why doesn't the full phone number show up on my account? I am very upset about this

• Te
    tedesco Oct 01, 2010

I don't even recall ever signing up for a trial period! I was just looking through my bank statements and seen this transaction. I am very upset and I believe that a third party company may have sold my personal information to these guys. The full telephone number on my bank statement doesn't even show up to figure out what this is. I am very upset, does anyone have the full phone number to these guys? I cannot find it!!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices