Pride Jazzy Electric Wheelchairdamaged product to smal for me im 5'8 and thats for a very short person

Joan Fennesee a Texas Protective Agent for adults ordered over $5, 000 worth of hosp equipment didn't know till delivered she then ordered a wheelchair from them them she knew i had a large chair i brought with me she should of looked at sizes before letting medicaid pay for it b y law i was the 1 to look and get the 1 i needed . its in a BBB complaint in my hands with MPS reply i've marked all the holes in theyre reply joan called
the it should of been her responsibilty being a state agent for adults to tell medicaid and fix the problem ive fought 1yr and 4 months with medicaid over this they have approved me for a new 1 but call any 1 in this area the call MPS or look at the records and turn me down txs is the worse place i ever seen by law if medicaid as given theyre approval for a new 1 is there a way to get som e help my new dr has already put it out ive been measured the chair has been evaluated 2 xs to se if the can stretch it to me no way
all pics the DR took in his office to prove its doesnt support me like i have to be hes the one who signed for them but saw my larger chair

• Gi
    Gimpster_Kent Jul 13, 2011

I feel for you. I also have a PRIDE(R) - JAZZY 614HD chair, and since the day I received it, I have had nothing but problems! It has NEVER maintained a steady speed, and is always at a CRAWL. I am scared to death every time I need to cross an intersection, as I have been nearly hit many times. Car horns are always honking at me, nearby's and/or almost crashed into by vehicles making turns at the cross walks because my chair is so slow I can never make it across the street while cross walk light is still on. It goes so slow that sometimes I wonder if my chair has used parts on it. (It had a taped cable when I received (plus my hospital bed) it from "ACI Systems, N. Hollywood, CA.") I have made many unanswered calls to ACI and one complaint to Jazzy-Pride(R) directly and had a certified tech from our local Fresno dealer, Ray Fishers Pharmacy check it and he witnessed the problem. (Did not buy the chair through Ray Fisher, just got new batteries there, which I thought may have been the problem. In fact, their tech was great and checked the Joystick, etc.). I feel like I have only one motor! Anyway, I since PRIDE did not take care of this problem, I hope if someone else has similar problems, or (heaven forbid) a death due to such a slow chair, it may prove useful to you. I am actually starting to feel as if my power chair is my enemy, and may eventually get me killed! Yes, it's that serious! My patience has finally run out! Further, this was a medicare-medical purchase.

I am always here to be contacted about my chair! (My chair ID: J9925909133M10). Contact me at: Kent H., PO Box 11943, Fresno, CA 93776.
    cc: file; Atty.EKF

• Fr
    Freewheeling_Franklin Jun 10, 2012

BEWARE - - THE WORD "OVERHAUL" ON YOUR WHEELCHAIR WORK ORDER!!

I have a PRIDE (R) - JAZZY 614HD chair. The small wheels in front and back are “chipping”. I believe it is due to the ramps that are on our city buses, which have a lip or ridge on both sides. I contacted the local agent, and after not hearing for a couple weeks, I then called again and I was first told they were waiting for a loaner so they could pick mine up. No response from them again. Next, when I finally made contact again I was told I needed a “prescription” from my doctor, which I obtained the very next day. Nothing happened… I called ACI and explained this, and I was told that their computer showed my chair was to be picked up the very next day. You guessed it, No pickup! A few days later, I received a phone call saying that since the records showed they “Overhauled” my chair last November (for a MOTOR problem), that I would have to wait till NEXT NOVEMBER to have the small wheels taken care of by Medicare. (All this because they used the word “OVERHAUL on the work order!!)

This misuse of the word OVERHAUL is misleading, and I want other Jazzy chair users to BE VERY CAREFUL of the word OVERHAUL being used on your work order… maybe just write the words “Motor Only” on the receipt or work order, or, in the alternative, list EVERYTHING that is wrong at one time, so that you do not have this same experience.