pricechopping.comdecline of my card - a way to get credit card info?

C Sep 02, 2018 Review updated:

They declined my card with a perfectly adequate amount of credit available. They were advertising an item for quite a bit less than anyone else - just enough of a temptation to entice me to buy from them even though I had read about some red flags. My bad - Seems like a good way for them to gather credit card info. I may have my number changed as they could wait a while and then use the number when my guard is down, they have not put the charge through as of one day later. Another website which I stupidly ignored said that they are structured online in such a way that you could not determine where they are physically located. It said that it MAY be in Canada but they couldn't tell and this could be because they do not want spam but that many fraudsters use this as a way to stay undetected. The biggest red flag I ignored is that their website, though it has apparently hundreds or thousands of items, does not have a home page. Its home page is simply an item that is for sale (an office chair).

• 6
      Sep 04, 2018

I just did the same thing, declined card. Now am not sure if the site is even legit. Trying to search online and cannot find any information. I guess I will keep a watch on my credit just in case.

• M
      Sep 04, 2018

It looks like the domain "pricechopping.com" was registered just a few months ago, and agree that the site looks very suspicious with its lack of information/"machine-generated feel". It came up as the cheapest seller for a microwave oven I'm looking to buy, but I think I'll pay an extra $10-15 and order from a more reputable vendor. Good luck and hope your CC isn't stolen.

• B
      Sep 06, 2018

Any updates now? I'm thinking of buying something from there and I'm holding back because of a lack of response from customer service.

Sep 07, 2018

Same experience. Card declined. Tried a 2nd. Same thing. No phone numbers or contact info. Lowball price on a random item I was shopping for. Beware!

• S
      Sep 08, 2018

It’s a scam to collect credit card info! DONT ATTEMPT TO PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS SITE!
    pricechopping.com
    [protected]@pricechopping.com

• 4
      Sep 21, 2018

I also tried to purchase a King 18 in platform bed. Both of my credit cards were declined. I sent 4 different emails questioning why. Both cards were varified by the bank to be good?

Sep 27, 2018

Any updates? I had the same story about the card being declined

• M
      Oct 01, 2018

I just had the same issue; I attempted a purchase with 2 different cards with same result. Should I have my cards replaced?

• 4
      Oct 03, 2018
    pricechopping.com - I need to know what they are going to use my credit card info for?
    Henderson
    Nevada
    Pricechopper.com

I was refussed over and over for several days even though the bank said the cards were never ran. Ate they going to rip me off later? The price on the King platform bed 18 in high for storage underneath seemed good. But still have not been able to complete the order.

• F
      Oct 03, 2018

**********************EVERYONE IN THIS LINK WHO HAS ALREADY PUT IN CARD INFORMATION*********************

If you are able to turn off your card through a mobile app or bank phone call, do so NOW! Call your bank ASAP and tell them what happened and request a new card.
    Also, to get this website shut off the internet so they can't scam anymore people go to the following website and report them as a scam :

Once you are on the website, go down to the last list on the page labeled : "Report Scams And Frauds"
    Find "International Scams" on the list and click the highlighted website econsumer.gov.
    After you've reached the website, click the first box labeled "Online Shopping/Ecommerce Service/Computer Equipment"
    From there you will be directed to a different page, just click "online shopping" and go from there.

Scams like these piss me off because they seem so harmless, but I'm tired of having to look through reviews to be able to shop on a certain website. Please report PriceChopping.com to get them deleted off of media and, hopefully, thrown in jail for probably scamming many people.

• F

@FreakingDanielle19 Also, I meant to put at the bottom of this ^

If you go to the website to report them, when it ask the person's name or their title, just put the website name.

• S
      Nov 16, 2018

@FreakingDanielle19 Thank you. I have cancelled both of my cards. I have reported them to the government address that you have listed.

• N
      Oct 04, 2018

I read the reviews before placing my order so I used a virtual account number. I was declined because of "test mode". I immediately closed the virtual number.

This site is a scam.

Oct 05, 2018

Here is the true contact info after pinging the IP address. Its a Godaddy website through AZ not Canada.

Raw WHOIS Record
    Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
    Registrar IANA ID: 146
    Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [protected]@godaddy.com
    Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.[protected]
    Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
    Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
    Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientRenewProhibited
    Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
    Registry Registrant ID: Not Available From Registry
    Tech Email: pricechopping.[protected]@domainsbyproxy.com
    Name Server: NS75.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
    Name Server: NS76.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
    DNSSEC: unsigned
    URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/
    >>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2018-10-06T01:00:00Z

• E
      Oct 06, 2018

I checked BBB and they have no record of this site. Along with the other comments, definitely threw up a red flag for me.

Oct 10, 2018

It’s a scam! Tried to buy a table a few months back from this price chopping.com website and got worried after my credit card kept getting declined so I called Bank of America to see why it kept got declined twice and they said they didn’t see any “suspicious activity” on my card...fast forward to yesterday...I got calls/emails/texts from Bank of America to approve all these “foreign transaction fees” and out of country purchases that were trying to be made. I immediately cancelled that card and ordered a new one. I can only assume after reading all the other reviews that they took my credit card info and waited a few months to try my card once I had essentially “forgotten about them” and rest assured I’m almost positive it was from this website that they got ahold of my credit card info!

Oct 10, 2018

@jessica129 I also paid the extra $85 and ended up ordering my table from Walmart.com lesson learned that sometimes just becuase it might be cheaper somewhere else doesn’t make it a smarter buy. Hope this helps anyone in the near future who might be tempted like me to buy something from This website.

• C
      Oct 14, 2018
    pricechopping.com - Decline Credit Card “test mode”
    Pricechopping.com

Pricechopping.com is a scam. They declined my purchase stating "in test mode but using a non test card"

Oct 16, 2018
    pricechopping.com - Fridge

Anyone had any updates?

I had the same story about the card. Got declined. It said the testing mode was used but not a test card.

Did anyone get charged? Do we need to block the cards?

Nov 11, 2018

same issue. I've reported them to Shopify to see if they bring them down.

• D
      Dec 13, 2018
    pricechopping.com - Payment
    Robinson
    Illinois
    pricechopping.com

Same as everyone else. Found them by shopping at google, looked at their site, found what I was looking for, price was very competitive, then it would no accept my card. November 17, 2018