PrepLogicTerrible experience

D

I purchased a practice exam from Preplogic as part of a promotion where I would receive a $155 rebate towards an exam voucher. Part of the promotion said that I could not send in the rebate until 30 days after the purchase, which I followed. I sent in my rebate after 30 days, and waited an additional two months without receiving my rebate. I called them up, and they claimed that that had never received my rebate, but were still willing to honor my rebate. They then sent me my gift card, which I received about 3-4 weeks later.

Two months later I decided to redeem that gift card online to purchase my exam voucher, and their website says that the giftcard is expired, and that I had to redeem it within 90 days. I am holding all of the paperwork in my hands, and there is absolutely nothing in that paperwork that says it has any kind of expiration date. I looked online and found that there are dozens of other people that had both of the same issues that I have. Preplogic claims that their rebates were never received, and then would not honor their giftcards after receiving them. I also called Preplogic back several days in a row before I could actually get a live person on the phone. That person told me that it was clearly stated in the paperwork (which it isn't in there at all) about the expiration date. I was also told that I was 'out of luck', and that I was not going to receive my $155 towards the exam voucher. I asked to talk to a supervisor about this and my request was denied. I feel very ripped off.

I would have never made this purchase in the first place if I knew that I would not get my $155 rebate. I also made sure to carefully read all paperwork and follow all instructions carefully to avoid any kind of situation like this.

• Le
    Leon van Rooyen Aug 07, 2012

PrepLogic Refused to honor a cancellation within 24 hrs of placing an order. I have spoken to them, chatted to them online and they refused to cancel, always trying to make me pay less. I kept on telling them that I cannot afford the training amount as it was more than the agreed price online as they suddenly wanted to deduct 6 months payment at once. They called and he told me about the $99 program and that it was my only option. They refused to cancel my order and kept deducting the $99. I have sent them numerous emails and logged calls on their website but to no avail. My credit card keeps on being maxed out because I cannot afford to pay the cedit card installments anymore due the PrepLogic money being deducting from it. I am very upset about the way they do business and the false advertising about the contract details.

I would like a full refund of the money they took from me over the last 2 years and removal of my bank account details from their system as I have never even touched their product or logged in online to use their service.

• Ro
    Robert E Jones Mar 05, 2012

Yes, I too have been ripped off and fleeced by the dishonesty of PrepLogic on their unlimited Access Training Program. They are fraud with no sense of ethics. If you are paying monthly and upto date or paid up in advance they will create a situation and then blame you, stop your training and attempt to get more money from you. They should be put out of business. They started off good but then ran into finance problems and turned to dishonesty. They seem to have a high turnover of staff too.

I believe they are now operating under the name of LearnSmart or similar.

Robbie_e-jones

• Pr
    PREPLOGIC - WARNING! Sep 01, 2011

PREPLOGIC – UNETHICAL PRACTICES!
    I agreed to and it was my full intent to undertake a TRAIL OPTION on the 'Ultimate Access' in agreement of a possible purchase thereafter. 5 days prior to the trail period/window, I asked for a termination and informed them through various channels that I was not interested in continuing and expected no further deduction from my account; but would look to make further purchases in the future. I got a response from the sales agent I originally dealt with proposing another ‘SALES’ offer, which I politely/rightfully declined. Thereafter, 3 days after the window period expired, I got a call from my bank's fraud department to be told that PREPLOGIC were billing me, which worked out to around 25% of the overall purchase price for $199/month for 1 year (25% of the full ultimate access package: $199*12=$2388*0.25= +-$597 debited from my account), which they claim is a 25% return policy fee - For what, to cancel a deal I never agreed to and so that one employee can push a button to terminate the so called/proposed demo/purchase?
    When talking to the sales agent on the phone, I was always given the impression that if I paid an extra $50 (Confirmed via e-mail) on an original purchase that I could 'DEMO' (not purchase) there library option and if not satisfied I could terminate with ‘no questions asked’. However, if you do the math, regardless of the – ‘only pay $50 extra for the demo, sales pitch’, you will always end up either paying the full amount or a 25% return fee if PrepLogic process it as purchase and not a demo/ trail for the ‘Ultimate access’ package – So the ‘only pay $50 extra’ pitch is a complete MISPREPRESENTAION and the sales agents fail to disclose all vital information that is relevant to your agreement – i.e. We are actually processing a purchase, not a demo, therefore regardless, you are expected to pay a lot more that $50 and ‘we won’t bother mentioning things like our 25% return policy fee on purchase’, because that may just scare off a client and I (the sales agent) and PREPLOGIC will lose commission and a sale! This is disgusting business practice that needs to be put to an abrupt end – None of these dodgy dealings could fall within company best practice or a ‘consumer protection act’ or the like. And the sad reality is that PREPLOGIC has a great product, but is short-sighted and greedy enough to burn their brand for what is ultimately a small amount of money to them at the end of the day. If this is how short-sighted their management is, they will never get any recommendations, will lose clientele, only gain bad press for their unethical behaviour and will need much deeper ‘marketing budget pockets’!
    They are now trying everything under the sun to retain my money that was taken off my credit card even after authorisation was declined. PREPLOGIC is attempting ‘negotiate’ (meet us half way approach – more like force) a sale under duress in order to retain my unauthorised transaction! I have declined any settlement of this nature and am only willing to pay the agreed $50 on the demo and expect a full return of all outstanding moneys rightfully owning to me. I have also made contact with various regulatory bodies and these may be of assistance to anyone out there that is having to deal with such uncouth business and fraudulent practices–
    Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
    State Attorney General's office
    State Consumer Protection Office
    Better Business Bureau (BBB): http://www.bbb.org/
    You may also file complaints about e-commerce (business or trade that takes place on the Internet) across international borders at econsumer.gov

• Ay
    Ayudahelp Aug 20, 2011

I had the same experience with preplogic thanks to Sean Wallace and Mary H. All they could get from me was $50.00 USD. Preplogic was bombarding me with nasty emails and phone calls from Mary H daily. They made unsucessfull attemps to charge to my account after I disputed their charges and I was able to get my credit back and subsequently I cancelled my credit card. Now, the hunter is being hunted. I am doing the same thing they did to me. I am the one calling them and emailing them. I found bad reports on the internet about those people calling me and coping and pasting on an email and emaling them back to them and they do not like it at all. Now they are calling me because acording to them my emails are not relevant to their actions. It is ok for them to harass people but it is not ok to do it to them. And they want to see what they can do to resolve this issue at least that is what they say in the email.

• Do
    downw/preplogic May 20, 2011

I too called the Tampa Bay Attorney General. Keep everything they say and email you and provide it to the Attorney General. This company is a full scam and will harass you everyday. Anything you receive in an email with a radio button and a huge check mark next to the free trial is how they try to work around and get you in a contract. However, cancel your payment because they cannot continue to bill you since their is no legal contract since you did not sign anything. They also have a habit of not providing receipts or account history. They will be getting sued so get your stuff in so you can collect when they have to a huge payout to its customers.

And Tiffany C, Alicia S or any ### in the billing department. Don't try to explain yourself on this forum and tell us to contact you to fix any errors. You all just make up excuses when we call!!!

• He
    Help end Preplogic Mar 09, 2011

Preplogic is currently under investigation by the Attorney General in Tampa. For EVERYONE out there that has been ripped off please call [protected] or [protected] and file a complaint against them. The more people that take a second and do this the better our chances at taken down this evil company who are flat out crooks.

PoetSteve Nov 22, 2010

I had been ripped off by Preplogic and got American Express to intervene and they found in my favor in the dispute. Preplogic then proceeded to dun me for the whole amount that Amex refunded me; they sent regular harassing letters and wouldn't give up their pressure tactics to squeeze money from me. Well, I told them to go shove it and the next month I found a new charge on my Amex from Preplogic! I called Amex and asked them what gives since I had put a block on my account so they couldn't charge me any further. Amex told me that had changed their merchant number and charged me again to get around the block! Unbelievable nerve. Amex found in my favor again and a new block was put up against them. These crooks will stop at nothing. Stay as far away from Preplogic as you possibly can.

• St
    Stewart Zain Nov 19, 2010

Hello guys, I got conned by PrepLogic as well. Luckily I got away only paying for one month trial and had to cancel my card to stop them stealing any more money from my account. It seems like there are so many of us. There must be something we can do to stop these scammers from doing this to others in future.
    What about creating a facebook page that shows what kind of company they really are in contrast what they are saying?
    For all those, who have read this forum, no matter what Preplogic says, never ever give them your card details, nor a single penny. Their products sucks. I've tried their cisco practice exams and failed. Believe me it was rubbish. They also refused to refund me for that practice exam, so their Money Back Pass Guarantee policy is BS.

• Mu
    mustang-girl Nov 12, 2010

Sorry you got conned like the rest of us. It is unfortunate that PrepLogic continues to get away with this kind of business practice. Good luck! Please keep us posted.

• Ez
    ez4me2 Nov 12, 2010

I purchased a practice exam for MS Exam 70-680 that came with a free exam voucher. I made an attempt to redeem the exam voucher offer and was told I had to wait 30 days. No where in the offer I purchased stated anything about a 30 day wait. I was prepared to take the test when I purchased the exam as my final study preparation. My 30 days were up on [protected] and now I am being told it will take 4 to 6 weeks before I get gift card to purchase the exam voucher, another requirement that was not mentioned when I purchased the exam. Up until now I had be satisfied with the preplogic products I have purchased, but this will make me less likely to purchase future products from preplogic. As I am re-certifying for all the certs I hold this is unfortunate for both preplogic and myself. I have faxed my voucher request form but have not been contacted on its status. I feel that preplogic intentionally misled me with this offer and should revise their policy to make sure customers understand the long process (up to 2 1/2 months) required to redeem the exam voucher offer. When I did a search of preplogic and scam it returned hundreds of complaints about misleading offers and unresponsive support from preplogic. I truly hope that preplogic will honor my purchase by sending me the gift card or exam voucher ASAP.

• Be
    Ben Fryer Nov 10, 2010

I'm from UK. Because of this PrepLogice scammer, I'll never buy anything online for US anymore!!!

• Cm
    cmswlm Nov 01, 2010

Can you tell me how things are going

• Ke
    Kesher Media Oct 12, 2010

I have had a variety of the above problems with this company that has ripped me of several times and now they want my credit card AGAIN to "cancell my account and drop charges"... preplogic you have screwed me over som many times already!!!

You're the most theiving company that has ever worked the IT marked

• Mu
    mustang-girl Sep 02, 2010

Prep Logic does need to make the fine print clearer, not just white text on white background.
    They took me for $2900 and keep laughing in my face when I ask for a refund. Won't use their products obviously ever again. There is a pattern here so just warning you to pass on anything they have to offer.
    Maybe we should do a class action suit against them.

• Cm
    cmswlm Aug 27, 2010

Preplogic wiped out my sons checking and credit card twice with the same issue as above. He was taking a program and supposedly had a 30 day trail which he cancelled they say he owes Preplogic over $2000 dollards. He has never asked or used what they are talking about. PrepLOGic is a RIP OFF CXOMPANY. A SCAM.

• Gv
    GVSmith Aug 11, 2010

Hi

I had a similar experience with Preplogic but mine was a happy ending.

I agreed to a 30 day trial only and not a full package. A month later the a full amount of $2916 USD was tried to be debited from my account. Unfortunately I didn't have that credit available. $396 was deducted from my card. After some emailing back and forth (Preplogic and myself) I spoke to Mark N( Customer service Manager) who assisted me in resolving my case. We came to an agreement and understanding that no more money will be deducted from my account and that I will have 6 months access for the amount that I have already payed.

I would like to thank Michelle, Mark N and Jenna for their professional and understanding manner in which they handle my case. I would like to thank Preplogic for wanting the best for their customer and for putting their customer best interest first.

Kind regardsand GOD bless
    Gregory

Porfavor Aug 05, 2010

Totally disagree because this is a large sum of money and the company have the obligation to seek the customer and remind him that his credit card will be credited for that large sum of money and to find out if he is satisfied with the product before billing him this large sum of monies. I find this situation sneaky, unprofessional and rude.

• Mr
    mrgubbins Jul 09, 2010

I had signed up for a two year unlimited access to Preplogic training.

I am self employed and had a mix up with an invoice.

My bank rang up to tell me there were fraudulent transactions on the account.

Without my knowledge Preplogic had taken over $1200 from my account.

If you miss a payment they say your account is delinquent and they take the balance.

I rang the billing department and they said they did not care that was what they do.

My main aim in life is now to spread the word with regard to Preplogics mercenary attitude to credit and debit cards. If I can cost the company as many new subscribers as possible by relating my situation on every newsgroup and bulletin board I will.

These people prey in the disadvantaged who try and better themselves but may be struggle along the way or fall on hard times.

• De
    DerrickL Jun 30, 2010

Preplogic has taken for all my money and everytime I call them to return the extra money back into my account they keep gieving me the same old tired story about how my account went delinquent. I'm currently out of a job right now and the way opportunities are limited now in the area that I live in I need to game some kin of certification to get back on my feet and since I'm good with computers their is nothing better than going after an IT certification. On that exact same day where they claim that my account had went delinquent I called them to explain the situaton but I got nothing but a big run around, I wanted to continue my on the payments that I agreed to pay and thats the 191.34 a month for unlimited access to their learning library, I been trying to contact them so that we can rework the payments so that I can continue the 191.34 a month. I wont be receiving unemployment again for another month and the money I had in my was what I needed to get thru the month and when I woke up on a monday I discovered that preplogic has taken all my money and I have and they talking about their trying to charge me a full balance and even if I had the money I probly still wont go after a full balance because I was planing on gaining more than certification from them and go long term with them. That money that was taken from my account was not authorized by me and now I dont even know how I'm gonna eat today let alone trying to keep these bills up. Usually when an account goes delinquent, a good business will take the time and work with you and I called them on the day that my payment was due and told them that I need about 2 or 3 days and I will have the 191.34 to them but like the malicous lions that they are, they took it upon themselves and took this huge chunk out of me and that being all the money in my account and left me a negative balance in my account and I still dont know how I'm gonna get that covered. I recently reported them to the BBB in florida and gonna file a disoute at my bank concerning those charges and I will be contacting a lawyer and do everything in my power not only to get my the extra money back that these theives has stolen from me but also warn everyone about preplogic and have them shut down.

• PL Customer Care Jun 21, 2010

HI taxman88, Thank you for posting your comments. Forgive me if I am confused as I am not personally familiar with your individual order. We do offer a 30 day trial which allow for our customers to try out training for a full 30 days. I am sorry for any confusion and I welcome the opportunity to hear your story and to try to find a reasonable solution to meet your individual needs. Please feel free to call me directly and we'll work together to find a suitable solution for you.

• It
    ittech Jun 15, 2010

After being bonded by a contract, I agree to pay each month $99.78 for Preplogic's Unlimited Library Access. I was unemployed for almost two years and I just recently started a job. The company pays biweekly, therefore, I didn't have enough money on my bank account to pay Preplogic on the day I agreed to pay them. I called on 5/28 and left a V/M to Preplogic explaining that I wouldn't have the money to pay on that day but it will be ready on 6/4 (I also opened a ticket to let them know about the phone message and to confirm the information about paying them a week later). My job deposited into my account & most of the money was already designated to pay bills. At home, around/after 7pm I checked my bank acct balance to find only $3.79! I checked the transactions "pending" and surely there was the Preplogic $99.78 but also a large amount of $897.98 that I never authorized! I went to check my e-mail and tickets immediately and found one from Michelle Bink [email protected] dated 5/28/10 (12.43pm), Re: Change to your Preplogic Order Status'', quote: ''as a result and in accordance with our Terms Of Use, your account has gone into delinquent status and the full payment of $997.76 was required.'' Another e-mail from [email protected] dated 6/03/10 (8:29am), Re: ''Your Payment Status'': ''to avoid further actions of being pursued against you, an immediate payment of $997.76 was required.'' I called my bank but I had to wait until Saturday. On Saturday 6/5 I went personally to the bank and showed them the Credit Card Authorization Form showing the agreement of $99.78 per month. I cancelled my debit card and need to wait up to 10 days to get any answer about the dispute.

I was unemployed (for almost two years) and wanted to get prepare in a new career. That was the reason for me to take the IT classes. I barely made a living with unemployment benefits but I was forced to continue paying Preplogic's "Unlimited Access Library-Online" because I was deceived and never was told about a cancellation fee of $600! I used a ticket on 6/4 to let them know that I did not authorize the payment and that I was going to report their abusive methods to everywhere. On Monday 6/7 Tiffany C. wrote ''Hi ________, I understand that you have made a final payment towards your account. We will process this payment immediately. To confirm that you approve of your payment, we have sent an authorization form to your e-mail. You may fax your completed form back to us at [protected], or e-mail it to [email protected] It will be my pleasure to submit the necessary paperwork to our billing department to process these changes. If you have any further questions, please let us know through your ticket. Thanks _____, I look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, Tiffany C''. They are now trying to get authorization for the payment! I am not the first person who has been a victim of Preplogic tactics. I believe that there is an urgency to stop this company to continue with their misleading ads, and scams. I have found several web sites with many people describing their experience. Therefore, I am requesting full refund of $1, 895.00. This kind of company should not be in business; they are taking advantage of those in need for advancement. I have filed a complaint to the BBB in Florida, Consummer Affairs, and the FBI.

• Pl
    Plte Jun 09, 2010

PrepLogic = thieving company, about time someone stop this company giving the US a bad name of thieving country.

KEEP AWAY FROM PrepLogic

• Bo
    Bob Nguyen Jun 04, 2010

This COMPANY is just a big fraud. After all the promises and finally the got your money, all the bad things will come out. Their system will down all the time and they never resolve anything. BE AWARE OF THEIR PROMISES AND DON'T SIGN UP FOR ANYTHING THEY OFFER. I will find the way to sue this stupid company.

• Di
    DiaD May 28, 2010

Preplogic automatically sends email and cancels access even when you pay. It comes down to pay in full or else nothing. Tell me PrepLogic are you going out of business or filing bankruptcy so you push and push to take what we just can't afford. Harass with phones calls all day to pay in full or buy something else - if it is unlimited access why do i need to buy something else? I work midnights so calling all day is harassment which i stated over and over. Along with I just don't have access because I can't afford to pay in full instead of my month payment which was taken out. Work requires me to get my certification to keep my job so I had to go to TestOut LabSim and it is great. So I am paying for 2 testing systems because one I have won't let me use it!!!

• PL Customer Care May 25, 2010

Hi Rafael, thank you for your comments. I would be happy to look at you account with you if you feel you were billed in error. Please call me at my direct line and we'll discuss our options and find a way to keep you on your certification path as-well-as meet you personal budget needs. I am happy to discuss with you, please fell free to call me directly.

• Ta
    taxman88 May 20, 2010

I received a call concerning trying a trial member for 30 days and was told after 30 days i would have the option of continuing of cancelling before any other charges placed on my credit card. Now since i didn't cancel within the thirty days now the say I owe them $2104.00

• Bi
    bigmikey79 May 19, 2010

Preplogic sux!!! Forgot to cancel with 30 days... Now I have a $2000 bill.. They take the money from my credit card every month for something I don't want and don't use... DO NOT give them your Credit Card info...

• Ra
    rafaelmcosta May 13, 2010

Happened the same with me. I gave my CC number, paid the monthly amount then next month they told me that i didn't pay then I "remembered" them that I gave my CC number last month. And they did not lose time and made the full payment using my CC. Now, I'm almost begging for a refund, I can't do this one time payment.

I hope they answer my emails and ticket.

Rafael

• PL Customer Care May 13, 2010

Hi CNN Correspondent, thank you for taking the time to post your experience. I am sorry if there was any confusion over your purchase or payment terms. I welcome the opportunity to take a look at your purchase to see is there may have been any mistakes made. Even, if this is not the case, my main concern is your satisfaction and helping you achieve our certification goals. Please fell free to give me a call at my direct line and we'll look at your order and find a solution to your concerns together. I look forward to your call.

• Cn
    CNN Correspondent May 12, 2010

PrepLogic took my credit card for full payment, not the suggested pay per month payments of $199.00 like advertised. I hope PrepLogic will read this and respond. For your information, you took from the wrong person this time. I actually work for CNN and you will be investigated to the fullest and hopefully with all done and said afterwards, you will be shut down. Finally, Prep Logic has over-stepped their boundaries:)

PoetSteve Apr 05, 2010

Hi,

Sorry you have had this problem with Preplogic. They are surely the most evil scam artists I have met in the IT training field. It's outrageous what they are getting away with. It reminds me of Sleepy's in the bedding industry, also crooks. I signed up for the $99 1 month trial and was not told that it was a 2 year committment if you went past the 1 month. I also was not told that once you retire a training module you no longer have access to it. So I canceled before the month was up and filed a dispute with American Express and they agreed with me and refunded the $99 as well as $8.95 they tried to charge me for a CD version of the module I wanted. By the time I got the disk, my code was invalid and expired. Then, they canceled my access code early with 10 days to go on my one month trial so AMEX had to refund me because they had not even lived up to their own trial agreement. Unbelievably, Preplogic then had the nerve to send me an email to say that because I had disputed the charges my account with them was now delinquent and they were going to put me up for collection! This is illegal, they can't do it since I have the refund right from AMEX. They are just blowing hot air. They can't damage your credit if your credit card company settles the dispute legally in your favor. Preplogic agreed to that when they became a merchant for that credit card.

Hopefully, you used AMEX to pay them. If you used Visa or MC then you must call them and dispute any charges made to your card, claiming it was a bait and switch and they defrauded you.

Their training sucks, their customer service sucks and you should go after them with both barrels blasting. Hope you get those ###. Also, post complaints on all online boards and tell all your friends and associates to boycott them and their products.

Steve

• Bu
    Bulollas Apr 05, 2010

I thought I was the only one in problem with this company. I have been in this country for almost fourteen years, purchased lots of things in every store and never had any problems with anything. They talked me in to purchase two years programs for more than $2000 dollars which I never agreed to, they called me for more than three months. At last, I agree to use the product for "TWO" months on a particular exam 70-xxx which we both agree the vendor and I and which I paid $115. Few hours after the month end someone from Prelogic (Accounts Receivable) called me and told me that I own them almost $2000. When I called the vendor to clarify what she had done she did not even want to speak to me, she said she did not have anything do with that anymore...what a great customer service is that??? I could not even believe what she had said when I repeatedly explained to her what I needed within my three months conversation over the phone and some emails.

*********Please, please do not purchase anything from "Prelogic". *********** I beg you not to purchase anything or you will regret it for the rest of your life.

• PL Customer Care Apr 02, 2010

Hi Slayer70, thank you for posting your comments. I am not entirely sure what your situation is, though I can promise I will make every effort to make it right for you. We welcome criticism, this is how we learn and grow as a company. Slayer70, if you would be willing to give me a call at my direct line, I will make every effort to find a reasonable solution to your complaint and help you get back on your path toward certification. Please call me directly anytime.

Customer Care Manager

• De
    Derricks compaining Mar 11, 2010

I too am a victum of falsefication. I purchased the total account acess program in December, like the software and audio training material. Spoke with kyle about ordering the video traing and signed up with the "total account acess program." Seemed good at the time but realized I wasnt sure I could afford it so I called about canceling the program. I was talked into continuing the program with placing an account hold for 3 months (Big mistake!-I faxed my driver's licence and credit card to the company) Paid a $30 account hold fee. Before the 3 months were up I called to cancel the program. I was refused being able to cancel the program. Then I was charged the first payment amount this week and once again tried to work with the company towards mailing my payments instead. Once again was told I cannot cancel or use any other form of payment accept the entional credit card I used to start with the program. What agravates me the most is the poor customer service I was ended up with. I liked the program at the time and in someways would like to contiue the training but pay via postal mail or a prepaid credit card and have smaler payments like $50. I am trying to get back into the IT field but having to pay well over $100 a month makes it impossble to also pay for the certification when I have car payments and the like and a credit card to pay off... :(

• Ml
    mlou360 Mar 04, 2010

A punk with a computer...just who I would want touting my company...Oh - I'm sorry... Don't know what "touting" means? Don't worry - you'll learn it in middle school.

DumbPeopleSuck Mar 03, 2010

Good for this company! The fact is that over 5% of ALL credit card transactions done on the web are fraud. People purchasing products and services with stolen credit cards. I applaud any company that would take the necessary steps to ensure that a purchase is not fraud. Fraud costs businesses money. They in turn pass on the cost of that fraud to legit customers with higher prices. This costs us all money in the form of higher priced products and expensive bank service fees.

Good for this company to combat fraud head on by enforcing strict rules that your bank would say is a smart move. And your refusal to provide that information simply tells them that your purchase likely was fraud and therefore they did the right thing to refuse your business.

Start supporting businesses that do the right thing. We need more businesses like this. Good for them.

• Mj
    MJV10600 Mar 03, 2010

I stopped - before my 30 day trial was up - the minute they wanted a Credit Card Authorization form that included a photocopy of my license, my CC, the security code for that card AND my SS#. With all of that information, they have everything they need to steal my identity. What other product purchase requires all of that information? Not even my back required a photocopy of my license to open an account. I will have my credit card block any charges from this company as a precaution. And to the idiots that feel it necessary to slam other who feel they have been wronged - state your case in defense of the company if you wish - that is what the forum is for. But attacking others for what they feel is an unfair experience doesn't do anything to add credibility to this situation. It actually does exactly the opposite, and PrepLogic would do well to counter what you jerks are spewing.

DumbAndRetarded Feb 13, 2010

The really funny part is that you're trash talking their program because you can't pirate it. HA HA HA. I guess their training really is that good if you have to pay for it and can't steal it.

DumbAndRetarded Feb 13, 2010

Wow, another piece of ### complainer hiding behind a veil of anonymity. I bet you're just one of their competitors pissed off that you're losing marketshare to a better company with a better product. That's all this crappy site is full of it haters. If you're not then go buy your book and study away while you work at that lame help desk job of yours for more years than you should making less money than your peers. You're just another bottom feeder polluting our ocean. OM AH HUM

PoetSteve Feb 05, 2010

I must add my voice to this thread because there is no doubt that PrepLogic is operating in very gray area. They are desperately trying to control their intellectual property when their mega exams and voice lectures are all over the torrent for free. I can understand a small portion of their psychopathic paranoia and wanting to control their prep exams and videos. HOWEVER, I was sucked in by their misrepresented $99 unlimited deal and I certainly regret it. Their sales associate was not smart enough to listen closely to what I was actually calling to buy and he sold me the same ambiguous product that everyone else is complaining about. I thought that I was buying perpetual use of the A+ prep exam and all I was really buying was a 30 day license to use it; NOT enough time to really get any full value. The A+ Practical Application videos are identical to the A+ Essentials so if you use one of your swaps to download the Practical Application materials which add no additional video material, and you NO LONGER have any access rights to the previous training module you were using; they use a thinly veiled, mandatory updater to invade your computer and prevent your access to the previous modules you were trying out. This is outrageously frustrating and their so called support people are like robotic automatons in total denial of the truth and they will not admit that this is not how they originally described the product NOR will they continue answering your valid questions once you begin to get invariable pissed off at their little games. If they were up front about it all and fully explained the real restrictions of the $99 deal many many people who signed up most likely would not have. It is a marketing failure which has tarnished their brand and, unfortunately, Mike Meyers as well (if only that guy would learn how to stand still and stop rocking back and forth maybe you wouldn't get so seasick watching his videos!). I think I would have been much better off buying the A+ Exam Cram book and CD or the Microsoft e-Learning system and studying at my own pace instead of being forced to use the PrepLogic system like a madman for 30 days and then being cut off cold. To continue you would end up paying thousands on contract that you unconsciously click through when activating your license. THIS IS NOT ADEQUATELY EXPLAINED WHEN THEY SUCK YOU IN AND SIGN YOU UP! Truly, Beware PrepLogic. It's overpriced and not worth the difference in price over other competing tools that you have license to use indefinitely. Shop around thoroughly before deciding what tools to use and you will likely NOT choose PrepLogic. Their unauthorized charges of people's credit cards and cavalier attitude about their ridiculous cancellation fees and other nonsense is indefensible for a company like this that is supposed to be helping people. They are really taking advantage of people, especially the unemployed who have families to support and cannot afford to be scammed. It is a thinly veiled scam with the sole purpose of exploiting a customer base that is in transition and is really not going to remain a customer very long anyway in any case so they feel they have the right to take what they can aggressively grab and clean up later if and when necessary. Myself, I will use their prep exam until my 30 day trial is over and then I will delete their trial proprietary crap and move on, never to return to their shadowy door. I suggest you all move on too but do indeed spread the word; we have a responsibility to help protect our huddled tech masses from further abuse. OM AH HUM!