PrepLogicFraud

H Review updated:

Just purchased a exam pack from preplogic. Everything ok until I answered the the phone from preplogic
Purchased a pack on the phone for $99 plus he deducted the $49 exam pack good deal I thought.
Next a bill for $900 and a quick phone call back.
No I bought a 2 year pack ?
I cancelled. No I can not I am told?
I cancel again in email.
Next $77 taken from my account.
Email to complaints
Amazingly I am told $77 for the pack I bought and If I don't cancel I will be billed $900 for the other pack.
Any way I have replied "that I have cancelled and keep on canceling".
Have reported this to the authorities.
Don't buy from preplogic.
Will attach proof for you disbelievers

• Pr
    PrepLogicLLC Sep 18, 2009

We're sorry to hear that you've had a less-than-perfect experience with our company. Please give us a chance to resolve this issue. Our goal is 100% satisfaction for every customer and we are eager to make this right. The vast majority of the time when we have a complaint it is a result of a simple misunderstanding. It will be impossible for us to answer your questions or concerns here on a public forum, but please contact us at preplogic.com/support and I promise that someone will assist you in a timely manner. We look forward to hearing from you to resolve this issue.

Thanks

• Hi
    Hijacked by Preplogic Sep 26, 2009

I have had a similar issue with this company Preplogic. They don't honor anything and they will take your money and laugh at you. Be careful these guys are crooks

• Hi
    Hijacked by Preplogic Oct 02, 2009

I was taken to the cleaners like you. I have now written to the Federal Trade Commission and the Attorney General. maybe they will try to think twice before robbing people.

• Vu
    vubinhsg Oct 22, 2009

Hi all,

apparently they don't stop chiseling people. I am the most recent victim of preplogic.com. how can we stop preplogic ?

What I want to say today is that if there is any way to shout out to the world that preplogic.com is the biggest liar and stealer on earth.

They didn’t stop sending me email for their practice exams and on September 11 I have ordered the 70-236 practice exam. Right after my order, they called me on the phone to convince me to buy the package including the video, audio and practice exams for full access for 2 years at $99. I said yes then let Kyle Corpin to take care of all. 10 days after I have received the dvd and the first invoice that I have paid $116.95 of $1, 612.95. I have contacted Kyle and told him that I didn’t want to pay for more than $99 that he has confirmed me. He said that the $116 and I wouldn’t have to pay any penny more. On October 11 I was charged a second time at $187. I called them again and have obtained the cancellation after days of negotiation. I have a refund of $187 then I asked them that I have paid $116.95 for the practice exam that they sell at $49 at first. Then the explanation is that $116.95 is for 30 days trial. I mean that preplogic continue to steal from us again and again if we don’t have any way to warn people.

Vu Binh LE PHAM VIET

• Co
    ConsumerAdvocateUSA Oct 28, 2009

Our organization represents customers in contract disputes with corporations. We take great care in separating out legality from disappointment. Reviewing the objections you've raised above I would caution you to not confuse these two points in your situation. Based on the limited information you have provided, our organization would not label your situation illegal and thus would advise caution. Here's why:

The marketing tool of offering a customer the ability to review a product before purchase is as old as the ages. And I think you'll agree that it offers great value when both parties play by the rules (example: test driving a car). Many companies design the program such that it is the responsibility of the consumer to stop the service at the end of the review period otherwise payment is collected. However, this approach has caused frustration when the consumer who intends to cancel, forgets to do so. In these cases it's all too easy to shift blame to the company when it's actually the consumer who failed in their responsibility. A company has a right to enforce a contract even on a customer who meant no harm. We see this situation every day at our organization. The arrangement works perfectly for those intent on continuing with the program and those who terminate before the end of the review program.

Your situation underlines the importance of asking questions and reading all the language of the arrangement. Consumers are obligated to be responsible for their actions even if they failed to make themselves fully informed of those actions. An informed consumer is a happy and safe consumer.

I write this not to add to your frustration but to simply highlight the importance of consumer protection in true cases of corporate misconduct. Good luck.

• PrepLogic Oct 28, 2009

Vu Binh LE PHAM VIET -

Let me begin by reiterating that customer satisfaction is our highest priority. Over our 11 years in business we have helped literally hundreds of thousands of IT professionals earn their certifications and improve their lives. We believe we have the best training on the market, however we feel it's important that customers have the opportunity to trial our software before purchasing the entire program. This is why we offer our customers the opportunity to try our training for 30 days for just $99. If they like it, no action is necessary and they will be automatically setup on a flexible payment plan at the end of the trial. If they decide our training isn't right for them, simply cancel within 30 days and pay nothing more. It's that simple.

You participated in this program for the Network+. When you didn't cancel, our system automatically charged your credit card when your 30 day trial ended. You then called us stating that you meant to cancel wanted to cancel. As a courtesy, we then did cancel your account and we refunded your $187. We even provided you with a complimentary practice exam to help you with your studying. We've done everything you've asked: we've canceled your account, you have your money, and you even have some free training. However, this isn't good enough for you. You're still complaining. Regretfully, we admit that we're uncertain what you want or how to make you happy.

• Fa
    Fauxmoe Nov 02, 2009

You people are ###ed. Maybe this is why you need training. Because you're stupid. LOL

• Ya
    Yazmin Santacruz Dec 08, 2009

My Dearest in christ

My name is Mrs. Sandra Makota a nationality of Kuwait. I am married to late Mr. JAMES Makota who worked with Kuwait embassy in Ivory Coast for nine years before he died in the year Octorber 2003. We were married for twenty years with a child. He died after a the illness that lasted for four days. Please I know this may come to you by supprise, because you did not know me, I needed your assistance that was why I write you through divine direction, it is my desire of going into relationship with you.

Before his death we were both born again Christians.When my late husband was alive we deposited the sum of (Ten Million U.S.Dollars) with one of good banks here in Cote d'Ivoire Presently, this money is still with the bank. Recently my Doctor told me that I would not last for the next three months due to my cancer problem, Though what disturbs me most is my stroke. Having known my condition I decided to donate this fund to church or better still a Christian individual that will utilize this money the way I am going to instruct here in.I want a person or church that will use this fund to churches, orphanages, research centres and widows propagating the word of God and to ensure that the house of God is maintained.

The Bible made us to understand that blessed is the hand that giveth. I took this decision because I have a child that will inherit this money but my son can not carryout this work only because i and my late husband decide to use some of the money to work for God and live some for our son to have a better live.our son is just 17yearold now and been grow up in africa, he have low manterity and my husband's relatives are not Christians and I don't want my family hard earned money to be misused by unbelievers, I don't want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly manner.Hence the reason for taking this bold decision. I am not afraid of death hence I know that I am going to be in the bosom of the Lord. Exodus 14 VS 14 says that the lord will fight my case and I shall hold my peace.

I will like you to understand that my contact to you is a divine direction from God, I don't want any of my husband family relatives to recieve this money but I know that With God all things are possible. As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the Finance/bank. I will also issue you a letter of authority that will empower you as the new beneficiary of this fund. I want you and the church to always pray for me because the lord is my shepherd. My happiness is that I live a life of a worthy Christian.Whoever that wants to serve the Lord must serve him in spirit and truth, Please always be prayerful all through your life. Any delay in your reply will give me room in sourcing for a church or Christian individual for this same purpose. Please assure me that you will act accordingly as I stated here and Please I will like you to contact me Immediately you receive this mail so that I will instruct the Bank to transfer this fund into your account for me and my Son to start coming over there because since now we are having a very big problem in Abidjan for political crisis so we need this transaction very urgent.

Remain blessed in the name of the Lord.
    Mrs. Sandra Makota and Son Johnson

+[protected]

• Th
    thomas_lon Mar 24, 2010

About two months ago I was looking for practice exams for CCENT (Cisco ICND1), I visited PrepLogic's website, where I started to chat with one of their sales representative. I explained her precisely what I was looking for and she advised me to get their CCNA package as it's broken into two parts - ICND1 and ICND2, so I can use the first part for my current study. She convinced me to purchase it as it was - according to her - the best choice for me. She also advised me to go for their current promotion which gives two year access to their libraries for a monthly charge of $99.00 and ensured me that if I don't need it I can just simply cancel that at any time. I gave her my credit card details and purchased the product. It turned out that the materials I downloaded didn't match the description, and I wasn't able to use it for my studies. A month later I found out that they charged me another $191.00. I tried to get answers from PrepLogic and I found out that I am in the program that can't be cancelled now and the total cost is $2400.00. I was shocked, as first of all I have been charged already $290.00 for something that appeared to be completely different than I was promised to find, and second of all I have to pay for something that was not introduced to me and simply I will not use.
    I have been trying to speak to PrepLogic for the last ten days, to cancel my account and get refund for something that does not match the description, but all I hear is that they 'have 12 years of experience in helping IT professionals' and their advise on how should I manage my money to pay them whole amount.
    I have got a copy of the chat I had with their sales representative and it states something completely different than I find now. So does it mean that their representative can say/ promise anything to sell the product? And as far I know you cannot oblige someone with the contract by default, isn't this against the law?
    If I only googled them before the purchase, I could find out about their 'sales methods' and way they treat their customers, as there are many other people having similar problems with them. I was simply misled by them and now PrepLogic doesn't want to help me at all in this situation. Oh, no sorry - they offered me $200.00 discount.
    I would never recommend them to anyone.

• PL Customer Care Apr 01, 2010

Hi thomas_lon,
    Thanks for taking the time to post your experience. We always welcome criticism, as we take it to heart and use it to make a better experience for our PrepLogic customers. I am sorry you had a bad experience. thomas_lon, I am not certain though I believe you have been in contact with Jenna from our Customer Care department and it would seem that you have come to a favorable resolution. I am certainly glad we could get this resolved for you. If I am mistaken and this is not the correct customer, thomas_lon, please call me at my direct line and we will make every effort to make this right for you.

Mark N.
    Customer Care Manager

• Da
    Dan Fugett May 13, 2010

I am having a similar problem. What authorities did any of you contact and with what results? Did FTC and Attorney General have any impact? I notice that the West Floriday number of complaints grows almost daily but nothing seems to be being done there. Now Preplogic staff has actually threatened to call (harrass) daily until I pay. And the kicker is I have the cancellation work order wherein I spell out my view their product and services are inferior, and that the package is to be cancelled at the end of the trial.

• Pe
    peter2cfu May 17, 2010

Were having real issues with Preplogic now known as getsmartertraining, the below e-mail should give you an idea, werer based in Uganda, Africa and ourt internet is just not sufficent for this product.

Hello Christine,

Seems were still at an impasse we cannot use your service due to its reliance on the internet, this has been made very clear to both Kent and yourself yet you are still taking money out of our account despite my
    clear instructions to stop and refunded the money since January, you can clearly tell we have not been using the services, the reason given is genuine you have no grounds for your continued reckless actions.

This was also a concern in the beginning that why Kent sent the CD’s, which did not get to us for over 6 weeks, so you see the 30 limit was no relevant in this case anyway, it then took us a month or so to realise we could not use the product.

On top of that you are also misleading us which I am sure is illegal even in the US, your subject line clearly stats ‘Discontinue your monthly payments and continue your certification training’ I’m no English major but that seems quite clear to me, no ambiguity at all in that statement.

You are clearly ignoring my requests, your actions are verging on the fraudulent you have left us no choice but to contact our back cancel the remittance and get our bank to get a full refund from you, you can now consider this situation escalated.

Bear in mind that I have over 50 e-mail back and fourth between these people it just seems that they are allot less than professional, were now seeking legle advice.

• Qu
    quidpro May 21, 2010

They will ignore requests to cancel, even within their stated time-frame. It is often described as a "Netflix" style service. This is completely misleading because Netflix can be cancelled at any time. Perplogic should not be allowed to use the word "Netflix" at all. It is nothing like Netflix.

I had filed a complaint with the FL Attorney's General office just to get a feel and was answered back with an email stating that they do not handle consumer complaints, but might look into it if they received more info. This was about a month ago. I now have a call on my answering service just today from someone at the office, so I am wondering if enough people have called to complain. I'd have to say it's worth sending an email or placing a call if you feel you've been wronged or misled by this company.

• PL Customer Care May 25, 2010

Hi Peter, thank you for your post. I am here to listen to your concerns, please feel free to call me. I see several posts and I have yet to receive one phone call. This is the entire reason there is a customer service department. Please call me and we will make every effort to get this sorted out for you. I welcome a call to my direct line so that we can discuss your concerns and your individual situation. It is postings like your that allow us to learn and grow and I welcome the chance to hear and hopefully solve your concerns with PrepLogic.

Mark N.
    Customer Care Manager, PrepLogic

• Th
    thomas_lon May 26, 2010

Hi Mark N,

Thanks for post,
    if you say that after I tried to cancel my account as I was misled, I end up paying over $1, 200 for something I will probably hardly ever use - don't know what kind of brain you should have and how many hours the day should last to pass 36 certificates in 1 year - you call 'a favorable resolution'.. let's leave it for people opinion.

Thanks,

Thomas

• Vu
    vubinhsg May 26, 2010

Hi Thomas,

if you are from the USA. go to see the:

FBI Tampa
    5525 West Gray Street
    Tampa, Florida 33609
    tampa.fbi.gov
    [protected]

or if you are from outside the USA see the http://www.econsumer.gov/english/

we must stop this company from frauding. they fraud for years and it seems that nobody can stop it.

there are a lot of courses and practice test providers out there like MsCertKit or MeasureUp that are less expensive finally and more satisfaction.

Vu Binh

• Pe
    Peter Atkin Sep 04, 2010

Well some good news, I was contacted by Mark N. Customer Support Manager who seemed genuinely interested in resolving my issue, his first opening line was ‘how can I help ‘ well that both impressed and surprised me.

Then first telephone meeting was quite long as he just wanted me to verbally spill my guts to the situation as I see it, I must say he was very professional he let me rant on then broke it down in action points which then could be followed up.

On the second call the next day he gave me a choice full refund or see if Prep logic can offer a package that would be more suitable to our unique internet circumstances, he would have to talk to an engineer first for the latter option.

Mark got back to me shortly after, as said that a full refund would be a better option as the service does require an internet connection to login and that it could not be guaranteed to work in our situation.
    So after that a few days later a full refund was given, I must say I was handled very well and professionally, what I can take from this is when you have an issue don’t waste your time with sales people talk to Customer Support it’s their job.

I have no hesitation in using Prep logic services after these assuming things improve at our end internet wise, keep fingers crossed.

• Er
    eron Sep 13, 2010

this is the worst experience ever I had on line... I found several employees also advised not to buy anything from them as their owner Jay Gandee is truly a blood thirsty monster only has $$$$ on his head.. People please advise everyone you know from accessing this web site... These people have to be taken off from the www soon as possible because they are money hunters but not helpers at all... I'm sick of them..

• Lo
    Lou Labetti Sep 21, 2010

Looking to start a class action lawsute with preplogic go to http://www.preplogic.org

• He
    Help end Preplogic Mar 09, 2011

Preplogic is currently under investigation by the Attorney General in Tampa. For EVERYONE out there that has been ripped off please call [protected] or [protected] and file a complaint against them. The more people that take a second and due this the better our chances at taken down this evil company who are flat out crooks.

• Ps
    PSD4 Mar 14, 2011

Prep logic offers a free 30 trial but makes it almost impossible to cancel the service. The phone number they give you is not manned all the time. I tried for 3 days before the 30 days to cancel and was unable to get through. They need a class action law suit!!!

• Pr
    preplogic is a scam Aug 24, 2011

For all of you who have had issues with PrepLogic. Just ignore their "used-car salesman" tactics. I signed up for a temporary trial of their CISSP training for the $50 promotion and then they changed it without asking me to the 2 year deal for over $2k. Obviously I'm not going to pay them. Their training is crap compared to even just exam cert books you can download on amazon and read on iPad or computer via Amazon Kindle reader. They will use every strong arm trick to get you to agree to some insane price for their crap training (it's very much like buying a car from a sleazy used car salesman), then when you tell them you're not interested they call and email you incessantly and then finally resort to legal threats. This leads me to my advice to everyone who has dealt with or is thinking of dealing with them. EITHER STAY AWAY or JUST IGNORE THEM WHEN THEY TRY TO STRONG ARM YOU INTO PAYING FOR THEIR CRAP. THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING TO HARM YOUR CREDIT OR OTHERWISE, IT'S ALL JUST STRONG-ARM TACTICS. Mark their email as spam in your inbox so you don't see it anymore, and use google vmail to mark their calls as spam (if possible with your carrier) and go on with your life ignoring them. Problem solved.

• Me
    Meadow Lark Oct 24, 2018

Hi Everyone,
    I still have the emails from PrepLogic. Brian Fee of PrepLogic approached me to help to edit a PrepLogic megaguide for the ITIL certification exam in late 2010. He sent me the manuscript, and I spent several days editing, improving, and adding to the work. Then, 'poof' he disappeared. No payment, no apology, no nothing. A complete and total RIP OFF.

thanks for letting me post, other sites are closed, as apparently is PrepLogic is now. Back in the 1996 to 2001 timeframe, PrepLogic was a legitimate, trustworthy business. After 2009 or so, they turned into a total scam. I am sad to see it.

Signed