Premier Fitness OshawaUnauthorized Bank Withdrawals

This is the email i sent to the Premier Fitness Oshawa location as well as the head office in Mississauga
"Please forward to Cathy in financial
Back in July my son Alex cancelled his membership with Premier as he was not going to be able to participate due to a schedule change in schooling. At first he requested a cancellation but Premier asked if there was someone that he could transfer his membership to instead of just cancelling. This was not a requirement on his part but only a request from Premier. He advertised around his group of friends and was able to get an interested Josh Y. Josh went thru the process of signing up and Alex at that time was told that no further action was required and that the membership on his part was cancelled.
As of the week of Sept 14, 2009 when I inquired as to why Premier Fitness continued to withdraw from my account since the cancellation in July the bI weekly sum of
“Sept. 11, 2009 Electronic Funds Transfer PREAUTHORIZED DEBIT Fitness Manager PSC $20.48”

I have yet to retrieve any form of feedback from Premier Fitness Oshawa as to why this has happened and when I would expect reimbursement.
I have been told that Josh Y. had not fulfilled his requirement by providing financial information.
My question is did you, Premier Fitness, make it the cancelled members' responsibility to pay for this.
Awaiting an answer.
Please provide feedback. This email is being sent to Premier Fitness Head Office
Respectfully yours
Gene Arseneau

• Fe
    FeelsHopeless2009 Jan 05, 2010

I totally agree as I am in the process of dealing with the same situation... I find that they are quick to take your money but won't talk and just ignore you when you need something resolved and get your money back where you are rightfully entitled to it... sounds like the government...lol...

• Ji
    jimbles Feb 04, 2010

Does anyone know who they bank with? My nephew won a judgement with them and they still refused to pay. The sheriff told him they need to know the bank they deal with to garnish the money. Seems to me that would be the sheriff's responsibility but...

• Ad
    AdriannaL Apr 08, 2011

I joined last year, and found the machines to be dirty, or broken. Nothing is ever fixed, and dont seem to care.
    I wanted to pay cash when I joined, and was told, I could, but I would also have to provide a cheque or a credit card. Eventually, when I spoke to Cathy, the accountant, she agreed that if you pay cash, the manager should not be asking for anything else. I paid the entire year upfront in cash. I won't go back there. I am joining a new gym, who offers a clean facility, working machines, and a friendly personality

s anthony Jun 22, 2011

Premier Fitness in Oshawa, ON is one of the dirtiest gym's I have ever attended. I joined in a family membership, where I was told that they were awaiting a slide permit. We went for 6 months and found the equipment broken, washrooms dirty, the sauna was always closed. Not once in the 6 months I attended was the sauna open. The women's massage area was there, but 2 weeks after joining it was gone and was told another was coming, didn't happen. My husband complained several times about no towels to wipe equipment, or my son was told the children's area was closed but was on the schedule. Another time my husband went to change and noticed a huge black spot on the wall and when he approached it to see what it was, it was millions of ants. He went to the desk to report it and they said they were aware of it. He left without changing. After the 6 months we stopped going and continued to pay our one year membership. At the end of our one year membership, we never heard from them or was asked why we stopped going after 6 months. Now we are in collections for another year membership, saying they have the right to renew. Good luck collecting, you will never get a penny from me. Your gym is disgusting and your employee's are rude. Thanks for taking my money and giving nothing in return, typical for a business like yours.

• Bo
    Bondj Aug 15, 2011

For the last 6 months I have been arguing back and forth between the gym and head office. I wanted to pay cash but they told me it had to be on a credit card. I paid in full for one year for myself and a friend. They then continued to charge both of my credit cards for 5 months after the one year. I was told i would be getting a refund for the $400 they took without my consent. The refund has now been denied for whatever reason. They said because I paid with a credit card that gives them the authority to "auto-renew" both contracts. After many many many unreturned messages and phone calls, physically driving to the gym to get someone to talk to me, I am no farther ahead. I am now out of options. Any ideas?

• St
    Steve x May 22, 2012

Thank god these sleazy, dirty, scam artist, low life ###s are going bankrupt & closing their gyms. Only thing that would make me happier would be if the owners children get painful and fatal cancer, and he had to watch them die while having his genitals sawed off with a rusty, aids-blood stained farm implement. Enjoy making unauthorized withdrawals from my account in hell ###ers