Predictomobile β€” This company is a scam

This company is a scam, they took my money without asking or letting me know that they would charge me for anything, they just trick you with a survey on the computer and then rob you money, sending you a $9.99 bill plus they never stop sending you text messages that cost you more money, maybe someone needs to call better business bureau, or consumer's affairs, maybe that will stop them from cheating people with lies. And the cell phone company should have a solution if they see that we are been taken advantage of, instead of telling people to call them.

joy canlas Sep 17, 2008

My brother is a member of predictomobile.com and he won PSP. People just have to read terms and conditon of the offer before submitting information onthe website.

• De
    deb Oct 17, 2008

only had new cell phone 3 months. got charged a 9.99 fee twice from predicto and downloaded pictures which was added fees- 1 pic was $14. and we called and foreign gal not good english said number was never activated. so why 2 monthy fees to a place we never heard of. Next month we get charged 3-9.99 fees and picture downloads amounting to almost $80. in fees we never gave permission, never heard of this place, never been to a website, never got text. We had all these added charges to our cell bill. I got on computer since we got nowhere with foreign gal and sent an email to customer service which was to respond back to me in 12-48 hrs. Never heard from them. needless to say, we are not happy with whoever is doing this. Who gave permission? Where did they get our new cell number?

• Me
    me Oct 23, 2008

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We at PredictoMobile take customer satisfaction very seriously and would like address any concerns. You can call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at [protected] so that we can resolve your inquiry. Keep in mind, our toll-free customer service number is also posted on our website as well as included in SMS messages sent to your phone.

Please note that a customer enrolls in our service by submitting their cell phone number on the PredictoMobile sign-up page which clearly explains the terms and conditions including price of service and billing to the cell phone. We then send the user a text message to their personal cell phone which again details this information. In order to activate the account, the user must then enter the PIN on our website or reply with a confirmation from their cell phone. The clear disclosures and double opt-in process ensures high levels of consumer protection and satisfaction. In the event that someone wants to cancel the service one can simply text “stop” to 654654 or call Customer Service and they will assist you. Again, we look forward to speaking with you and resolving any concerns which you may have.

Sincerely,
    PredictoMobile

• To
    tonya boland Nov 04, 2008

do not take any more money from my phone company i did not authorize this i will sue you and report you to the bbb!

Mr. Mysterioso Nov 12, 2008

Yeah Right, Customer Service Automaton.

Your company (i.e., Predictomobile) stole $9.99 from me, too. I never signed up for the service, I just got a mysterious charge on my cell phone bill, had to raise heck with my cell provider, and had to disable a service on my Plan to keep this from happening again.

And from what I've read at other places, no one has had any luck getting money back from you directly. So, apparently your claim of super-duper customer service is empty.

I don't know how you got my information, but I'm pretty infuriated about it, BECAUSE I NEVER GAVE OUT MY CELL NUMBER. Not to you, not to anyone, and absolutely never online.

Mr. Mysterioso Nov 12, 2008

Here's one right back at you: 1) Obvious "Guy whose relative won something off the company" who is with 99% surety actually someone at Predictomobile feebly attempting to stick up for the company's dishonesty, and 2) Customer Service Automaton.

Report them!

They did the same thing to me, and they need to be punished for their theft!

After all, $9.99 times however many people they've scammed equals big bucks.

There are other sites to put up your story, too. Spread the pain around as much as you can for this company.

john Nov 19, 2008

Here is a link to MSNBC where they talk about Predictomobile. You can leave comments there. Maybe this site can tell the world about thier scam!

• Dm
    d meter Nov 19, 2008

Your company (i.e., Predictomobile) stole $9.99 from me, too.
    You are a band of robber.

• Li
    Lindsy Dec 24, 2008

Upon signing on to the internet an ad using the Coke name said to answer a question, enter your cell phone number and get Coke reward points. I answered the question and then the next thing I saw was a place to sign up for a $9.99 charge every month to my cell phone bill. I automatically said no and answered stop as it said and guess what? I got my cell phone bill and was charged $9.99 for a subscription to this predictoMobile. What a scam! Beware!

Jacky Jan 12, 2009

I found that there was an extra charge of $9.99 on my sprint cell phone bill. I spoke to a woman (Diane) with the Sprint billing department who told me that I had subscribed to some kind of voting 'service' called Predictomobile Vote. I had never subscribed to any such nonsense. Diane gave me this number: [protected] to cancel this subscription. She assured me that this would not be charged to me in the future, but could not remove the charge of $9.99. I called the toll free number and got someone speaking in a foreign accent who was difficult to understand. I told her that I wanted to be removed from their subscription list. She asked for my phone number. To avoid additional passive terrorism, I declined to give her my phone number and asked if she was located within the United States. She said 'No, sir.' and I ended the phone call. This has got to be illegal. Homeland security should be taking steps to protect us from such heinous acts. A class action suit should be initiated against this company and any other entity that is associated with it. I will gladly participate or help to initiate such a class action suit if it is possible to make these criminals pay for what they have done.

Chad Jan 13, 2009

PredictoMobile started charging me $9.99/month for some text message service. After calling sprint and having PredictoMobile's number blocked I recieved a text from them telling me my subscription had been cancelled. This was the first text that I had ever recieved from them (considering they were charging me $9.99 for text messages). Called their service line and some lady just kept reading off a card. This company is definately a scam.

• Wh
    whitmanleslie Feb 17, 2009

My name is Leslie Whitman and my phone bill through us cellular was charged unknowingly. I went to have my phone upgraded and the csr found charges from them on my bill.

• Je
    Jeneyro Feb 23, 2009

I was also a victim of the Predicto scam. I had premium text messages blocked on my cell phone to prevent further charges but I did call them to voice my opinion on their sleazy practice. They wanted my cell phone # and email address. What guts! I absolutely refused to give them either on the off chance they would attach to my phone again. I'll take my losses before I give them any additional information.

• Me
    Mel Feb 24, 2009

I am completely on board with Mr Mysterioso and when you call this company to complain about the text messages that come on the overnight they want to sell you something else. They do not answer the questions of how they receive your number or name and finally they told me that we don't have any records... When I spoke to customer service I was aphauled at there reply to my inquiry. I have reported predicto to the proper authorities and will be filing a complaint with the BBB.

• Je
    jerzeysgotheart22 Feb 26, 2009

I got my sprint bill recently and saw a 9.99 charge for a service called "predicto-mobile" apparently it a premium text messaging service they sen du quizes and tests for points and prizes etc. well i never signed up for this nor would i sign up for such a silly waiste of money. I have taken online surveys and quizes before where it has asked for my cell number and i have received texts from them as well. i assumed the texts were advertisements from when i entered my cell number. So i never opened them i just delted them and disguarded it. But the charge of 9.99 what was that? and how did it get there..i thought maybe something i had done just cost me the ten bux so i paid it. Next month the same charge of 9.99 was there for the same service "predictomobile-vote" well if i have to pay to vote something is wrong right there..and since i hadnt voted for anything i didnt know what i was being charged for or why. I then found this website and realized that i deffinately fell victim to their scam as well. ive since been charged a total of 4 months. theres no instructions on how to get rid of this service or even what it is at first. i finally called my phne company...who reimbursed me my 40 dollars and put a block on all premium text messages..or advertising tests in other words. so please please please even if u think its just for the sake of information...never give these online surveys ur cell number becuz once u do and u get that initial text message from them...and u open it...ur done..ur signed up and its going ot be on ur bill every month. ITS A SCAM OBVIOUSLY! and i thinkt he major cell phone carriers need to put a block on this compay permanently!

• Ca
    carl Mar 04, 2009

A company named predictomobile has charged my phone 9.99 for two months. when i called my provider i was informed that they are independent from their company, and they charge the monies based on a response from the cell phone owner. I was charged 9.99 by the company in october 14, 2008. the problem is I didn't get my phone until december 24, 2008. They are still billing my phone 9.99 even after i called their 1-800#. I never signed up in october, as i never owned the phone or the new number until two months later. they say the will stop the billing, but will not reimburse me for the money lost. how can a company get away with illegal practices by billing you for time you never even owned the phone. my guess is the previous owner of that number signed up for the promotion, but it's not anything i would ever use.

• Ca
    carl Mar 04, 2009

feel better after being able to vent. at least that part of my anger has subsided. i would like this company to pay for my losses. but the way these companies work i will never see a dime. even after calling and complaining and being told that it would be taken off my bill, it's stilll there.

• Pa
    Pam Mar 10, 2009

I am also appalled at what this company is doing. I saw my uscell bill and my 13 yr olds phone had a $9.99 and pic charges from PredictoMobile. I called the company immediately and I said that he is a minor how could he have signed up. The companies reply was that we accept 13 yr olds and the terms cover all the details. My response was what kid is going to know to click terms and yet alone understand them. Plus if this was actually done on my kids computer I can simply check to verify he did it as we have keystroke software installed, firewall, spy wear! The company said they could not reimburse me the $9.99 and I said ok that I'd file a complaint with the AG. Now supposedly I have a check coming in the mail. What a scam! And, to target kids with those Win $50, 000 and enter your cell number! Totally unethical and they should be shut down!

• Lu
    Luis Avila Mar 17, 2009

From 2/12/2009 PredictoMobile is sending text messages to my cell phone. I never ask or authorize that kind of services.
    Please help me to stop this company to do that to me and others.
    Thank you and best regards.
    Luis Avila.

• Em
    Emma Ciriza Mar 22, 2009

Predictomobile sent text messages to my 11 year old minor on a text phone; unauthorized charges of $9.99/month were made. I need assistance stopping this immediately. I contacted them & the website they provide for supposedly stopping these charges does not work.

Please help.

Thank you.

Emma Ciriza
    [protected]

• De
    DEB Mar 27, 2009

I HAVE BEEN CHARGED 9.99 SINCE LAST JULY AFTER ENTERING A CONTEST TO WIN 50, 000

• Li
    Lily Apr 18, 2009

Anyone has PredictoMobile's mailing address? I plan to file a suite against this firm. I need this information to to fill out "Statement of Small Claim and Notice of Trial" form . Thanks for your help! Please email PredictoMobile's mailing address to [protected]@yahoo.com

• Cm
    cmksmiley Apr 22, 2009

I agree this company is a scam. They go about getting subcribers in a sneaky way. I opened my cell phone bill to find a charge on there for $9.99 from Predictomobile. Not having any idea who or what this was for, I called my carrier and got the information from them. She said they can't waive this charge but could put a block on the number so they couldn't send text messages to the phone (it's my husband's phone). I called my husband to find out how he subcribed to this company and he stated that he has never been on their website. So they couldn't have received any information that way. He said he has received text messages but has always deleted them without reading. Which I have a tendency to believe since he's not a big phone user. He only makes calls if he has to and when he receives a text he won't respond unless it's from me and it's important.

I called Predictomobile and had the account cancelled, which she did willingly thank goodness. But not without first trying to keep me as a customer and trying to sell me more. Needless to say I cut her off and told her to just cancel the account. I'm still upset I have to pay the $9.99 but I guess it could be worse.

• Cm
    C M C Apr 27, 2009

My Sprint cell phone, keeps getting extra 9.99 charges...
    I canceled this out. last month I was so upset...
    And ..once again, the 9.99 is on this months Sprint Bill Also !
    How in the world do you get these ppl with predictomobile to stop
    buzzing your phone, and charging moneys you dont have ! ?
    I want them to leave me and my cell phone alone !

• Co
    concernmother May 07, 2009

This Predictmobile have no scrupulous, they hack in to my kids cells phone and star charging my sprint account a $9.99. How can I stop them from continue doing this?

• Do
    Don't Be Fooled May 24, 2009

I recently fell into one of Predictmobile's scam thru an internet survey from a facebook link. At the end of the survey, they ask you to provide a cell phone to receive a pin to enter on their website for your results. After I entered the pin there was no result, but another prompt informing you that an email will be sent with your results. Little did I know that is how they got me.
    The terms and conditions they so speak of was never displayed anywhere on the screen of my phone or the website where the pin was entered.
    A month later, a $9.99 chg appeared on my phone bill. When I called to dispute the chg, the rep said that she couldn't give a refund. She could direct me to the corp. office. So I asked to speak to a supervisor. Patricia came on the phone. After our conversation, she told me another email will be sent to me in regards to the refund & to expect a check sent to the current address. Two days later, I received an email saying that they can not refund the $9.99:

"Thank you for contacting our Customer Service Department. As per your request, your account was cancelled and no further billings will occur, as a former member you are still eligible to participate in the year-end $50, 000 sweepstakes drawing. The terms and conditions for billing are clearly stated to customer both at the time of sign-up and after validation (please feel free to visit http://www.predictomobile.com/index.cfm?fuse=memberterms for more information). The $9.99 fee is non-refundable, we are very sorry to see you go and hope that you decide to join our service in the future. Best Regards, PredictoMobile.comCustomer Service "

Patricia (if there is such a person) also gave me an incident number to follow up pon. After reading everyone's comments, should I even bother calling back? I consider this a lesson learned. NEVER TO FALL FOR what seems to be harmless survey.

• Mi
    MistiS May 28, 2009

This is a SCAM!!! I called and canceled within 5 minutes of getting this "Membership" text...then they wanted my personal information to send me a refund. I refused to give any information, but went on to tell them that they were scamming unsuspected people and they should be ashamed of themselves. They went on to tell me that they were a "legitimate" company, but they were sorry for any misunderstanding on my part. I told them that I would be contacting BBB and looking into a class action law suit. I also told them if they sent one more text to me that I would tack on harassment charges also. I called my cell phone company (AT&T) and they said that they would refund my account for the $9.99 and put a free of charge 3rd party block on my phone. They were very helpful and understanding.

• Pa
    Pack4 Jun 05, 2009

I have just been scammed by Predicto. I got a new phone and number in April 2009 and texts started appearing that I just ignored. I received my first bill and the $9.99 charge has appeared. Predicto claims I signed up in October of 2008. The customer service line refuses to give out any corporate phone numbers and that they will call me. I guess I should probably not hold out hope of a refund.

Madmother Jun 05, 2009

I just had all this happend to me, but guess what they say that if your child is under 12 they they will refund your money, haha let see if its true. I will update if I recieve a check.

• Ba
    Barbara Larson Jun 05, 2009

When I recieved my cell phone bill this month I noticed charges on there that I never authorized. I located their web site and told them to cancel or unsubscribe me from PredictoMobile and they did. I guess I will have to wait and see if it shows up on next months bill. I text STOP to 654654.

• Ip
    Ipredictoaharassment Jun 23, 2009

True Story!!! They are a scam. I just happened to find out I was being charged for 3 monthes for this service. What the heck? I never texted a code as they say I did. I never did a survey. They said they had my ip address and I told them they r scammers as I know if I even accedently go to a web site they can get the ip address from that, so it proves nothing!!! You dont even know my name or address!! She tried to tell me about there service and this is where i lost it. While I wait for your info let me tell you about predicto. I said " U have got to be kidding me! I call telling you your freaking company is a scamming piece of crap and your going to try and sell me your scam? I know you have to make a living but why would you submit yourself to irate customers all day. I want to talk to your supervisor! " She was happy to pass me off Im sure. LOL I pretty much interupted her at hello and rang into her, not giving her a chance to say a word. I guess it helped a little that I just got in a argument with my 17 year old, so I got to be the biggest ### ever. I ended up being promiced a $9.99 refund. Im sure Ill never see it. I will call at&t in the morning to get the charges taken off my phone. I think everytime my teenagers piss me off Im going to call them to vent. They might get tired of hearing it if we all start calling when our kids get on our nerves. IMO good place to blow off some steam!! LOL

angie50525 Jun 27, 2009

I got my cell phone bill today and realized I was receiving a monthly charge from predictomobile for $9.99. I have called the company and got nowhere. I was told by their representative that if any charges were on my bill, my 12 y/o authorized them. I said a 12 y/o can't enter an agreement legally, and they basically told me I was wrong. They tried to say they text her: are you a minor and if so do you have your parents permission? Then apparently they can charge you whatever you want!!! My daughter said she never was asked these questions, and had no knowledge of signing up for any services!!! What a scam. This should not be allowed>>>>>

Not-Happy Jul 01, 2009

This company says it attached charges to my cell phone number because I signed up for their service. I never herd of Predictomobile before so I asked my daughter if she signed up for the sight, and she claims she did not. They say I signed up for their service on 05/30/2009 and they send a pin number to your cell phone to verify on their sight. I am the only one authorized to have any charges added to my cell phone but they claim I did. I called their service number and got some lady who told me she does not do refunds because they can prove I signed up for the service online. I always use my credit card for any online service and would not choose to have money added to my cell phone bill. This all comes on the heals of the same number being charged by Mobile Messenger, another pay service I found on my last months and this months billing. I didn't authorize those charges either and they are refunding my payments after I called their service number. I called today on 07/01/2009 and told them to stop this service and had all premium text services blocked on my cell phone from my provider. I bet I will get charged for this entire month of July since it was a new month. I'll see on next months bill. US Cellular says it is 3rd party charges and they just add it to my bill. Don't pay the charges and you lose your service. This is fraud one way or another and they have stolen my money for services I never asked for. It's $9.99 a month. I work construction and like everyone in that field am seriously hurting for cash since housing is down, why would I give some service 10 bucks a month to do online surveys?? I googled both companys names online and got pages of complains just like mine. Your cell phone provider will not reverse the charges, and Predictomobile serves reps say all I had to do was text "STOP" and the service would be over but their is no outgoing text on my phone. Either way my moneys gone and Predictomobile is making millions from people like me haveing these bogus bills crammed on our phone bills!

Antony Jul 11, 2009

Without my permission I have been charged $9.99 per month on my verizon cell phone bill from Predictomobile.com for "premium texting". NEVER have I talked to, subscribed to, or inquired about ANY service from this company but they have my money and will not refund me.predictomobile.com it is a scam and this company should be shut down.

• 2n
    2no_or_not2no Jul 11, 2009

call your credit card company and dispute this as an unrecognized charge. To keep the money the merchant has to validate the charge. that will tell you how the charge was made. then you can continue the dispute if you still think you don't owe the money. good luck

• Ke
    Kevin Jul 18, 2009

Precicto Mobile .com charged for no reason whatsoever..never heard of these garbage groups before they were on my cell phone bill...

• Su
    suzannee Aug 12, 2009

I accidentally signed up for Predictomobile while playing a game on FB. They asked for my cell # to continue the game, and I didn't read the fine print before I gave it to them(I was trying to get the the "game"). When I got a text msg on my cell, I immediately texted back and canceled. Same day w/in 30 min. This month I got a charge for $9.99. I called Alltel, who sent another Stop as did I. Then I called Predicto. Alltel said I'd get a credit on my acccount, but the rep at Predicto said they would send a check authorized today. I would get it in 10-15 days. I asked why so long. I'll believe it when it clears the bank. I will report them to the FCC. You do the same, please.

• Pe
    penny cyrus Sep 01, 2009

cancelled with the company and they keep texting information still!!! I din't need or want this company's business how do I get disconnected from this???? not into text messaging anyway, never have been!!! how do I get a confirmation code???

• Tj
    tjnative Sep 04, 2009

They are a scam! Make sure you check your cell phone bill every month, they will find you and charge $9.99 without authorization.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices