Predicto.comkeeps sending text messages

W

I don't know who this company is, or how they got my cell number but I keep getting these text messages. I have tried to stop them but they just answer with another text, saying wrong code.

• St
    steve green Nov 19, 2008

didnt ask for didnt order or subscribe just started getting texts costing me 9.99

• Gr
    griggs Nov 20, 2008

I HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME WITH MY CELL PHONE. 9 TIMES OUT OF TEN IT IS YOUR CELL PHONE CO. PROVIDER. ALL I HAD TO DO WAS TEXT BACK TO THEM THE WORD (STOP) AND THEY STOPPED TEXT MESSAGING ME. HOPE THIS WORKS FOR YOU.

• Na
    NANNYGARY Nov 24, 2008

I WANT THIS SITE TO STOP SENDING ME TEXT MESSAGE, I HAVE A PREPAID PHONE.

• Fo
    FOUAD Nov 29, 2008

PLEASE I DON'T WANT TO RECEIVE ANY MORE TEXT MESSAGE ON MY CELL PHONE [protected]
    AND I FOUND MY STATMENT THAT I BEEN CHARGE FOR $9.99 FOR WAHT ? NO CLUE.THIS THE LAST TIME.
    OTHERWISE THERE ARE MANY WAYS TO DO NEXT TIME.
    FOUAD
    CELL:[protected].

• Ge
    GERALD Jan 24, 2009

I have requested that predicto.com stop sending text messages to my phone immediately, but they are still sending them. How can I GET THIS SITUATION RESOLVED!!!?

sarahkathryn Feb 01, 2009

i texted 'stop' over and over again and they never stopped. today we looked at the phone bill and there was over $35.00 in text fee's from predicto text. Luckily our provider wiped the charges off and blocked them, but my god, what a scam. I NEVER signed up for it or entered my number anywhere.

• Ve
    Velvet Claborn Feb 11, 2009

I texed STOP over & over & they just wont STOP. Whats wrong with these people. Dont they get the point.

• Mi
    Mike Mar 08, 2009

I cannot get Predicto.com to stop texting me on my private cell phone.

• Tr
    traveler818 Mar 20, 2009

Predictomobile lies. I got a full screen popup that I couldn't delete, minimize or in any way remove. The window said Predictomobile and "enter your cell phone number, " nothing else. I didn't know better--I was on a time-limited public computer, so to get rid of the window, I saw no harm in entering my cell phone number. That night, I called my cell phone providor and learned that they could start charging my account for whatever it is they supposedly do. My problem was solved by changing my cell phone security code.

I wish there was someone online who monitored this kind of thievery. I feel for those of you who are still fighting them. My providor wouldn't block them, but changing my security code did the trick. I now NEVER give anyone online my cell phone number--I know this is a dollar short and a day late.

I don't think anyone at Predictomobile cares that they're causing distress: they're getting money for nothing. I wonder if those of you who keep texting stop could get help from your cell providor? No offense if you've already tried that. It worked for me.

defenderofthelittleguy Apr 16, 2009

I was charged for four months (I should have checked my phone bill more carefully and I do now) of Predicto when I never signed up for it! After I called their customer service line I was told they would cancel my "service" and no longer charge me. I never used their service and told them this. They told me I signed up for it, texted them to register my phone and logged on to their website and that's why I was being charged for their "service". I did none of these things but they kept claiming they had records of me doing this. I requested a refund multiple times and they denied, so I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Not surprisingly Predicto already has a bunch of claims against them, so I filed one and then they sent me back the money they stole from me. If you have been robbed by them go to the Better Business Bureau website and file a complaint (its really easy and takes 20 minutes at the most) so nobody else gets swindled by Predicto and their "service".

Sammie Apr 22, 2009

I had the same problem with calling the number [protected] to vote about legalizing marijuana and immediately after the vote I started getting texts to win a nintendo and such, i ignored the first text then after i would get more and more by the minutes. I tried texting STOP and I hope it worked. Did those first texts charge me??

• Sh
    Sherry Vaughn May 18, 2009

I am outraged! and would like to add to the complaints, because I too am a victim of the Predicto SCAM. I don't know how they got my cell number but each month they are posting a $9.99 charge on my bill. Isn't there someone who can investigate this and have the charges sopped. I have reported this to my wireless company and they've been great. BUT tis company s/b investigated and not be in business.
    waverly223

• Mo
    MohawkWarrior Jul 17, 2009

I think yhat they should be investigated and charged for their thievery

• Mo
    MohawkWarrior Jul 17, 2009

My cell phone provider gave me this link.

• Jt
    jtn9981 Aug 29, 2009

I just receieved my first text message from this company, and I had never heard of it before. It is a total scam. It looks like the founder is a genteman named Eyal Yechezkell. Here's a quote from Eyal:

“We are delighted by the continued growth of the Predicto community and will continue to look for additional ways to engage and entertain consumers on their mobile devices.”

When the continued growth is fueled by some sort of scam, you should not be so delighted Eyal. You are a fraud.

• Lo
    longh33 Sep 06, 2009

I typed in my number to pass the survey on a website to watch at UFC video... then i recieve 4 different text from 4 different companies *(which are all probably from the same scam artest in their private house) saying that I registered with all of them for 9.99$??? now i probably owe 40 dollars now. And they said they were going to refund me my money in the mail, which i highly HIGHLY doubt they will do. I AM PISSSED! these people are SCAMMMERSS. THEY DESERVE TO BE PUT IN JAIL OR DEAD for all i know. I requested to speak to their manager, who sounds like the same lady from all three companies and I can hear dogs in the back ground. it sounds like they are doing this ### from their home. WE NEED TO PRESS CHARGES. they cant get away with this. Atleast im going to ### at them about how bad their life must suck to scam innocent people for Hundreds of thousands of dollars all together. DONT be mistaken for their nice customer service attitude. they are CRIMINALS. And they get away with this because no one wants to pursue going to court over 9.99$. WHERE are the lawyers on the internet when i need them to read this... *COMPANIES include - Solow, FunMobile, Predicto.com, Ringtonetop.com** PLEASE HELP. WE NEED TO BRING THESE PEOPLE DOWN!!!

debra okeefe Sep 09, 2009

please help me to delete from my cell phone.my email is as follows- [protected]@yahoo.com.please anwer quit there draining my cell phone, and i dont like it .thank you!

• Ba
    baseball ump Sep 15, 2009

charges appear on cell phone
    strongly urge you to contact your cell phone provider
    and have predicto messages BLOCKED

• Sc
    SCsurfer Sep 23, 2009

I received the same text today. Tried the stop text, didnt work. If there is any charge from these people, I will contact the state attorney general! Recommend everyone does the same.

• Ze
    zephira Oct 02, 2009

Dear Predicto Mobile or NextWeb Media representative,

It seems that your left hand does not even know what your right hand is doing.

NextWeb Media owns Residential Email as well as Predicto and Predicto Media.

By some unfortunate coincidence the name of your top management seems to be related to previous unauthorized cell phones charges and scam cases filed across the country in last 4 years.

After I recouped with other lawsuits, Eyal Yechezkell, CEO and Itai Kathein, President helped to found another company called Email Discount Network (EDN).

EDN was sued in Florida, Washington State, and Georgia for the same type of scam Predicto is spreading today.

See Washington State Office settlement agreement (EDN)

See Georgia Settlements (EDN)

See Georgia Subscriber Refunds
    http://www.georgia.gov/00/article/0, 2086, 5426814_5684686_[protected], 00.html

See state State of Florida complaint:

A new class action was filed 09/18/2009 in Eastern District of Michigan: Predicto used expired cell-phone contracts to bill new cell phone subscribers see court document at:

Another scam is actually running called Residential Email/ESBI (residentialemail.com) see blog http://tiredcynic.blogspot.com/2007/08/watch-out-for-residential-email-fraud.html

My guess is that NextWeb Media, Predicto, Predicto Mobile, PredictoMobile, Residential Email or whatever is using kind of pyramid scheme to pay back previous subscribers and make profit on top of it with new subscribers just like Madoff in the financial arena.

My question now is: do Cell phone companies ever check customers complains, I just send a letter with a photocopy of the above documents to Verizon and ask them how they can authorize Predicto Mobile as a 3rd party.

Dear readers, if you have some time, please send these documents to your cell-phone companies (Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, Alltell, etc…). Hope this document will help get some refund from cell phone providers.

Please report to FBI cyber crime division at https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx and to Attorney General office.

• Bi
    bigrigger37620 Oct 03, 2009

rip off hoax tmobile sucks

• Ho
    HORSETRADER20 Oct 09, 2009

HEY PEOPLE, QUIT COMPLAINING ABOUT BEING RIPPED OFF BY THIS COMPANY AND DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE ABOUT IT. I AM A VICTIM ALSO BUT INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING ON THE INTERNET (USELESS), I DOWNLOADED A COMPLAINT FORM FROM THE ILLINOIS ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE, FILLED IT OUT AND FILED IT. THEY WILL INITIATE AN INVESTIGATION AND THE PERSON FILING THE COMPLAINT WILL BE KEPT INFORMED. I KNOW FOR A FACT FROM PAST EXPERIENCE THAT YOU WILL GET POSITIVE RESULTS IF YOU TAKE THE TIME TO FILE WITH THE ATTY GENERAL'S OFFICE. EVERYONE THAT HAS A COMPLAINT WITH THIS COMPANY SHOULD JOIN IN. THE MORE THE COMPLAINTS, THE MORE ATTENTION WILL BE DEVOTED TO STOPPING THIS RIPOFF COMPANY.

• Jp
    JPonline Oct 21, 2009

Ive been paying for a subscription I NEVER ACCEPTED!!! At and t refunded some of my money but the text messages keep coming!!!
    Im going to download the form for the Atty General's office and send in my complaint TODAY!!! Predicto is a scam and a rip off!!!

• Pa
    pa3640 Dec 11, 2009

I am also going to the Atty General's office with this. I had Verizon put a block on my phone for "Premium Text Messages" . I didn't sign up either but apparently it is a trick of some kind, when we do quiz or take a poll, you put your cell phone in to get the results and when you do that you are agreeing to sign up for these texts at $9.99 a month. Total rip off and the Atty General is investigating. When Verizon called Predicto to complain no one answers their phones. Nice company eh"

• Su
    SusanWill Dec 18, 2009

type "Stop" right away as you received their message, cause cell phone's owner will be charged 20c each message!!!

• Fr
    Fran Hernan Dec 31, 2009

I was charged two months for this fraudulent subscription on my Verizon wireless bill. I sent a stop message to Predicto and they answered me that my "subscription" was cancelled. In addition I ordered to block all possible premium messages in my Verizon Lines. I also filled a complaint at US Department of Justice, National Consumers League’s Fraud Center, who is in charge of Telemarket and Internet Fraud.
    Francisco

• Pi
    pissedoffandangry Jan 09, 2010

I don't know who you predict people are but you will refund my account for 9.99 for a service I did not request. I too am reporting your company, or should I say scam, to the Attorney General's office. I have no choice since your representative at the 800 number informed me that I will be charged for a service I did not request. I never even responded to your texts, other than to ask you to stop, because I had no idea who you were. Now that I know that you are ROBBING innocent people like myself, I am also starting a petition to fight you people and have you rescind the charge you put on my bill and the bills of countless others that you have taken advantage of. I am going to take this to EVERY, and I do mean EVERY agency and/or organization I have to to put a stop to you people. I am very angry and VERY DETERMINED to stop you from doing this to anyone else. I expect to see a credit on my bill from your company immediately. Or I will take the next step and file a class action lawsuit against your company on behalf of ALL the people that you have taken advantage of. THIS NOT A JOKE NOR IS IT AN EMPTY, IDLE THREAT. I don't care what I have to do. I don't care where I have to go, I WILL STOP YOU!!!

• Hu
    Huntere Jan 09, 2010

In addition to sending "stop" and filing a form with Tennessee Attorney General's office I have posted notice of their thievery on facebook to try to help get the word out. These crooks have their call center in the Philippines.

• Hu

Suite 275
    Fort Lee, New Jersey 07024

• Do
    downhillskier Jan 22, 2010

My wireless bill was charged $9.99. This is an unathorized charge and I want a refund.

• Ro
    roughrider827 Feb 12, 2010

this is benji at [protected] and ya, ll keep charging me 9.99 over and over again and im not using your service anymore please stop charging my account.

• Mr
    MrDave Mar 16, 2010

These ###s -

"After I recouped with other lawsuits, Eyal Yechezkell, CEO and Itai Kathein, President helped to found another company called Email Discount Network (EDN)".

Are running a new scam company out of Ft Lauderdale called "Snackable Media" . The Itai Kathein scammer claims to live in Ft Lauderdale however it is possible that all the bios on the site are fraudulent

• Oc
    OC Blues Apr 01, 2010

I got the $9.99 charge on my T-Mobile bill as well. I do remember getting some text from them in which I replied "STOP" and never received any more.

Well I called their [protected] number to ask why I was still charged $9.99. The operator was extremely polite and ensured my phone number was taken off their list and that I will never get another call or text. She is also sending me a refund check for the $9.99 and gave me a confirmation number so if I don't get the check within 2 or 3 weeks, I can follow-up.

I agree this was a sneaky attempt to charge me 10 bucks by hiding it within my T-Mobile bill but at least they have seemingly great customer support readily available to handle complaints. I just hope I get my refund check!

• Ju
    Julia80 Jun 10, 2010

Have your cell phone provider block "premium text messaging". You will still get personal text messages, just not the expensive third party ones.
    Call the FTC at [protected] to file a complaint. Use the words "cramming by a non-carrier".

• Mi
    Minnesotans for Truth Jun 12, 2010

Well, certainly Predicto and anyone associated with them are common thieves. There is another outfit called dada.net that is running the same scam. Certainly they are cut from the same cloth. These people can try and run, but we will find them. I have unlimited funding now to pursue these people. The Attorney General of Minnesota is on the case. These people deserve to spend the rest of their live in jail and they will.

• Pi
    pissed in ohiio Jun 18, 2010

Yes, Predicto.com needs to be pursued and jailed for what they are doing to unsuspecting people. I was surfing the internet like I often do, and I was asked to enter my phone number to access a job search site, and that's when the text messages began, I did NOT authorize any charges to my phone, and when I called the customer service rep, they said I had done this elaborate sign up, and I did NOT do such a thing, I did call my phone service provider and told them what happened, and they are going to reimburse me, but I have a feeling this will not be last time I hear from these no good [censor]!!! Please let me know how I can help to fight these [censor], we all need to come together and bring them to justices.

I also think anyone affiliated with these people, like the job search site I got on for allowing this to happen should be brought to justice as well. I feel extremely violated!!! These peple will surely burn in hell!!!

@ Minnesotans of Truth, please keep posting your progress on pursuing these [censor], and any suggests on what I can do would be awesome!!!

• Er
    Eric34 Aug 20, 2010

I posted on this board about annoying calls on my cell from a company called IMC. After saying no to magazines and a free quartz watch, they give you a "Predicto" prerecorded message which I just hung up on.

After 10 minutes or so, I got a text from 654-654. The text read: "Last Chance reply YES 2play Predicto! Chance 4 $50, 000 GRAND PRIZE! HELP800.360.0518.$9.99 /m txt stop2cxl T&C- predicto.com Msg&data rates may aply Reply YES now"

I called the support number listed above to ensure I have no account and will not be billed. They said I won't... we'll see and repost if so.

• Lo
    Lois Reagan Oct 09, 2010

I did not sign up to get all the calls coming in on my cell phone. And it is costing me big bucks. I want the calls to stop.

deeraspberry Nov 16, 2010

I signed up for this program however I wasn't aware of the $3/text message fee. I received my bill and had a $9 charge on it, not so bad but when I called them to request a credit, they refused. This is obviously a sneaky way for them to make money. Text STOP to the number to unsubscribe.

• Ra
    Raj1998 Dec 29, 2010

Today I noticed that I am getting billed $9.99 extra every month since June 2010 for some premium services. On further inquiring, I came to know that it was billed by '654654Predicto' some predicting game/sweepstakes. I never authorized them for any such services, now on calling them they say they are ready to refund but only for last three billings...
    What measures I can take to get full refund or where can I complain against them ?