Precision Vision/ EyeglassesEyeglasses not made according to prescription

L

I had a pair of progressive eyeglasses made about a year ago. The last several months I have been having headaches and been straining my eyes to see upclose. It gets so bad that I able not able to even read a newspaper. One week ago I went and had my eyes tested and the doctor had a machine to check the strength of my glasses. His machine read that the reading part of my glasses were not made to the prescription that he had written a year ago. The prescription was for 2.50 and my glasses were made at 2.00. I went back to where I had them made and they tested the lenses and they are telling me that they are 2.25. When they made myglasses last year I was having trouble with them. Things looked distorted so I went back to them with my complaint. They had the glasses remade for me. . When I went back to them to just last week to tell them that the glasses were not made to the prescription that was orginally written they told me they were made within tolerance and he also said he adjusted the strength to 2.25. They told me they had the right to do that. I was told by another eyeglass company that it is against the law in Massachusetts for them to have done that. They offered to make me new glasses with the new prescription I just received from my eye doctor. At this point I do not trust them. Is there any recoures I can take against them to get them to pay for my glasses? I am getting my new glasses made elsewhere which is an extra expense on my part.

• Mo
    Morons are like flies Nov 03, 2009

wizeconsumerguy Technologies way of telling you toilets aren't the only things that overflow Take 2 suppositories and hope your mouth stops moving

• Do
    dobusinessright Mar 01, 2010

I too made the mistake of going to Precision Vision in Acton. My progressive bifocals were not made correctly either. Everything was distorted, warped and off. I FELL DOWN TRYING TO WALK WITH THEM ON and there was no way I could drive. When I took them to another optician, he informed me one lens was 4 mm off. Unacceptable in my opinion. Precision Vision had a new lens made; this pair was a little better, but everything was still warped and distorted. I could see fine with them when I placed them mid-bridge on my nose, but if I placed them on the nose properly, I couldn't see anything properly. They made no effort to correct the problem or refund my money. So, I gave up on progressive bifocals, and stupidly, I opted to let them make a new pair of single vision lenses to correct nearsightedness. I picked them up today-- nearly three months after I placed my original order. The lenses on this pair are jagged and rough on the edges and the lenses are twice as thick as my previous lenses that I wore for eight years -- even though it's the exact same prescription. I think they use substandard lenses, don't know how to cut them properly and make a lot of mistakes. When I asked for a receipt and breakdown for the costs of sunglasses that I ordered and lenses for sunglasses, coatings, progressive bifocals and single vision lenses and frames, they claimed they could not find any of my records. I was also supposed to get a 20 percent discount on out-of-pocket costs, which Precision Vision did not give. Oversight? Doubt it. I plan to take it up with my credit card company and vision insurance company. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH PRECISION VISION IN ACTON, MA!