PowerTeaTaking money out my account without authorization!

V

I ordered same tea that was free of charge, paid shipping and handling, for a one time charge i received more tea without my consent along with unauthorized charges to my account. This is scam, beware!

• Sc
    Scott Johnson Dec 20, 2007

Notice it states get Free bottle plus $4.95*

That means there is something you have to read. There are terms and conditions at the bottom. You need to read them.

These terms and conditions are explained here:

You have to be a savvy consumer. Nothing is free, you don't get a free lunch. That is why the company posts the terms and conditions. In them it shows how to unsubscribe & it states that there is a 30 day money back guarantee. You should call their customer service at: [protected] to return any unopened product.

Pablo

• Pa
    patricia wisdom Dec 29, 2007

i agree,when i called and told the company that i could not take this product after trying it.and to cancel the next bottle as it would be a waste as i could not take it.i had already been charged for the second bottle that i still had not at that time recieved.being told to just send it back and my money would be put bank account . i have sent the product back as i just got it on 12/26/07,and was told all moneys taken would be put back.as of now my account is in the red to the tune of 90.00 dollars now.as this matter, no matter how i've tryed to email and call many times to get this matter done and put to the right of which i have been wronged,nothing has been done on mbm&F-Power Tea's part. i have done what they have asked and they have not even once gave me a email or call back.and as of to this date 12/27/07 have not even had a refund that would and should have already been put back in a timley manner.and i do know there is a ten day time as this should have been done,as the first call was well past 15 to 16 days ago

• Jq
    Jqack L. Barlow Jan 10, 2008

In December 2007 I received 2 bottles of your tea which I didn't order, but
    they were charged to my American Express card. I reported this to
    AX . Now today, I received another bottle which I am returning for
    credit [protected] ). I called your office to complain. they are removing
    my name.

I have not paid AX as they advised. Please expedite.

Thank you. Jack L. Barlow
    P.O.Box 145
    Duxbury, MA 02332

• Ro
    Robert S. Sanford Jan 11, 2008

I just got off the phone with this "Lady" who told me if I sent back the bottle I just received, I would get a credit. You HAVE to call them to cancel. I got into this on one of those stupid "make money online deals". When I cancelled that, I thought I was canceling the whole enchilada but learn from my mistakes folks.
    I just got of the phone with the Attorney Generals" office for the state of Ohio. They said to return the product "Certified Mail" and to let them (Ohio) know how it is handled once they (Power Tea) have signed for the returned product and how long it takes for the money to be credited to my credit card.

• Do
    DOUGLAS MOREHEAD Jan 26, 2008

I paid the shipping and handling charges on the free bottle, did not see any mentioning of more bottles or charges. Refund money to my account!

• Te
    Terri Lloyd Jan 28, 2008

I fell for the same hoax!! I called this lady at Powertea and she said that I had agreed to the terms of every 30 days receiving a bottle of power tea and being charged $59.99 . I DON"T think so!!! She said she could only refund one charge of $59.99 and they sent me two more!!! I would like all money refunded!!! This is so wrong!!!

• Ni
    Nicole Elliott Jan 31, 2008

What a joke this company is. Thankfully Capital One advised me of fraudulent activity on my card and issued me a new card. I've never even heard of power tea until the charge showed up on my credit card. Obviously a desperate and dishonest company. A big thanks to Capital One for helping me get the last laugh on this company.

• Do
    Don McElwee Feb 02, 2008

I too live in Ohio. a bottle of this(powertea) showed up in my mailbox today. I too had never heard of this or authorized any transactions by this company. A number of small amounts were taken out of my bank acct that added up to just over $50. How do they get away with this?

• Ka
    Katie Norton Feb 14, 2008

Powertea (this one is located in Delaware) is a total scam! There are few literatures out there, but mine clearly stated, "Try the FREE sample bottle (pay only the shipping fee of $4.95)" and it was a beginning of a nightmare.

The sample did not agree with me, so I made sure that they won't send me anything else. Despite my effort, they sent me another bottle and charged my credit card without my consent. It was $59.50.

I called the company more than 10 times demanding refund, but they kept giving me that their system is down, etc. I called and emailed for 4 months. They never replied my emails.

I contacted BBB of Delaware and other agencies like Consumer Protection. Powertea ignored BBB, and BBB told me to take the matter to a local DA office.

In the meantime, I spoke to my credit card company and begged for help. Even though it was after 90 days, my CC company credited me back right away.

Then Powertea sends email to BBB saying that I tried to get double refund from the CC company and Powertea. This is a total lie, so I wrote to BBB again.

Powertea is the absolute scam and full of low lives working there.

• He
    herb Mar 03, 2008

I was cking for address of mbm&f pob 1158 pleasan grove, ut and found this scam beware site. That company sent me a cd in mail about mbm&f - you tube. Same address..
    It contained a 100 some pages of how to use u tube for benefit. Also they wanted $295to sign up with their company. Thank goodness I found all these negative about them. Sure not sending them any money. Again, thanks for the info..

• Ca
    carolyn curnow Mar 19, 2008

Today. mar 19, $59.50 was taken out of my checking account by power tea without my knowledge or authorization. I had sent for the free sample and like them. I don't know when or if i'll receive them or how many. Since phone calls don't seem to work, what am i supposed to do?

• Bo
    Bob Mar 24, 2008

I agree. I called by someone whom denied the charges to my account but yet said they would remove them. Now, they tell me again they will remove them after 7 to 10 days but by that time it has caused me to lose my ability to pay for other things I need the money for. Now, they are not sure whom the company is but told me that the company that charged me is not theirs and that they are not MBM&F and don't know whom they are. Boy, where is the FBI? Come on in and help yourself boys, if the Feds don't give a damn about policing the scams out here to hell with banking! Makes you wonder if the banks and the AFT is not involved and they are one and the same moneymakers. Hell, I am confused how someone can charge your account and take it immediately but when it comes to charging it back to your account the AFT says it can take 24 hours to 60 days. Wonder why? In the mean time if someone hits a million bank accounts for a dollar then after sixty days of investing that fraudulent money obtained then they are filthy rich from the interest on 60 days. Sounds like good money made on You-Tube to me. It is all a damn scam you all. Never buy again with your debit cards or credit cards on the internet unless we all can have the protection we deserve. Anyone on the internet that is advertising should have to show their names, telephone addressess, and total verification from a reputable source--but even then I got scammed by that also. I hired a Hollywood, California Chamber of Commerce board ceritfied legal aid to fill out some legal forms and never got them after 700+ dollars down the drain. I called the Commerce board and they said she just left town. Sounds like they were in the scam with her. You just don't know who to trust anymore and it seems that everyone out there is a scam all the way from a wino to the president.

• Be
    Bettie Marshall Mar 25, 2008

Sent for sample as advertised, then billed for two more bottles at %59.90 each. Called in complaint received one credit on credit card. Had okay to return, but still charged in March. Calling credit card office to get off my account.

• Ge
    gene wild Apr 14, 2008

It seems there is more than one scam out of Pleasant Grove UT. Making money with you tube PObx 1158 Pleasant Grove UT is another. They sell a CD for 1.95 then chage you account at least twice more---one for $99 and one for $49.95 There is no information in their add that there will be further charges.
    I have filed a complaint with the BBB and notified my bank. I have also seen many other complaints about this company on line (to bad I didn't see them first).
    By the way they bill as weboffer-v out of Scottsdale AZ but the phone number they use is Pleasant Grove.

Hope this helps someone.
    Gene

• He
    Heidi Apr 29, 2008

Thank you all for taking the time to comment on this! I feel for it as well and just recieved my first shipment. With your information I have emailed my Credit Card company and asked them to not allow another charge from that company. Not sure if this will work but at least it I have a paper trail started. I can not find a phone number or web site or any information on this company. Can someone please send me anyting you have been able to get?
    Greatly appreciated!!!

Heidi

Stuart Boone May 05, 2008

Hi Vanessa, the same thing happened to me. I was offer the same thing suppose to be free for 30 days, wounded up being 17 days then they charged me $99.00. I called my bank and told them to charge it back. Do you know by the next day they Power Tea charged me again. What did you do to get past this nonsense. This is indeed a scam.

STEVEN HANSON May 05, 2008

They send you an e-mail advertising a free bottle of their product so I did it. Unfortunately it's not free at all!! They get your credit card number to process the "free offer" and your sucked in for $59.90. Nowhere do they advertise the price -but it's too late. When I got the second bottle a few weeks later and a bill, I called up to cancel. I didn't know I was getting a second bottle. Stupid me! But your only entitled to one refund on one bottle. When my credit card showed another $59.90 charge, I called again to explain they double billed me. But they said I was being charged for the first "free" bottle because I didn't return it within 14 days. They said it was spelled out in the terms of agreement. That is a joke! You have to click on Terms and Agreement in small print at the bottom of the page and read microscopic print that I realized that this is real scam. After calling them pleading with two separate customer service reps about their unfair practice of not stating clearly what you were getting and I deserved some sort of refund. Well - Forget it! Both said there is nothing they can do in a very cold tone and it was all spelled out. Legally they had their ### covered but this clearly is criminal practice of getting people sucked into there so called "free" product. I was just one of probably millions of e-mails that this company is sending out across the internet and I got caught. I wonder how many more got caught too! Something should be done to stop this type of advertising and business practice and I will do whatever I have to fight these people for the principal of it alone. I'm reporting this to the Better Business Bureau and if I get any satisfaction in stopping these crooks it will be worth it. Also, the product contains an ingredient that is not good for you according to doctors. So the product is misleading the public.

• Ca
    Carolyn May 07, 2008

I order this product and loved. I knew full well as to what I was ordering. If you read the terms and conditions you agree to when purchasing, you will see that it clearly states that you have a 15 day trial and after the trial ends they will bill you for the product and send a new bottle every month. You do have the option to cancel, but you have to call them to cancel. As for the product, it is a great product and I love it, have been taking it for 5 months now.

• Go
    Gohan May 07, 2008

I ordered this product and I love it. It did say I would be charged in their terms and conditions, and that you would need to call in order to cancel. They have great customer service and offer 100% satisfaction when it comes to refunds on returned products. All you have to do is call. Their number is [protected]

• Th
    Thomas May 12, 2008

I got scammed on the web offer and Im furious!! as mentioned above, i had the same amts withdrawn from my bank account. Thanks Gene for posting!

I called and got the automatic debits cancelled. but now I have to fight to get the money back that they already took out. that totals 200.00!! all for a 1.95 cd

Im dusgusted!

Stuart Boone May 16, 2008

No Gohan they returned the $59.60 to my account however weboffer-v scottsdale charged me 99.00. When you put weboffer-v scottsdale in a google search you see that it state before you click into this site that Power Tea use weboffer also as a bill tool. Look it up. Power Tea owes me 99.00 dollars and I will take further action. Gohan, you must work for them because it states 30 free on the front page Gohan. They charge you within 15 days, somebody is lying Gohan. I will find out.

• Mo
    Moderator1876 May 21, 2008

Ok, People i did some research. It seems that power tea is getting a bad rap due to there product is fulfilled with a third party company that also fulfills for this WEboffer Scottsdale company that is charging 99.00. The third party company in Pleasant grove does fulfillment for many other industries and clients and its not them either charging the 99.00 or 59.60 for some folks.

What is happening is people are reading posts and assuming they are one in the same due to the address for returns, when in fact they are 2 separate company's that happen to use the same fulfillment company. I personally bought Power tea and the terms were clear and they only charged me 59.90, i just decided not to take it anymore and so I canceled and got my last charge refunded, they have a 100% refund policy so call them at the below number i found this at power tea .com.

PowerTea
    Phone: 1.866.544.6590
    Email: [protected]@powertea.com

Again this weboffer for 99.00 AZ is NOT Power tea. I am looking for there number and will post it soon!

• Mo
    Moderator1876 May 21, 2008

Stuart, I did some research on this and found that the Weboffer-V is not the same company as Power tea, in fact the problem is that they are getting a bad reputation due to this Weboffer-v scottsdale company and there 99.00. the just happen to be using the same fulfillment company and the returns go to this pleasant grove address because this company in AZ use the same company as power tea for returns and shipping.

I am trying to locate this AZ company for more information and i will post it soon. Also Power tea info is below i have confirmed with them that they offer a 100% money back guarantee, sounds like they issued you the refund which is good.

PowerTea
    Phone: 1.866.544.6590
    Email: [protected]@powertea.com

Joanne Jun 01, 2008

Without any contact from me, I received something in the mail from this company, MBM&F. A "Lift SP"...I have NEVER looked at this product, website or whatever. I was charged on my AMEX credit card for this product, so they are being reported for fraudulent activity through my CC company. They are being reported to the BBB also. Attn Dr. Steven Jepson..."MD"...you're scam is slowly coming to an end, buddy!

• Ro
    Rosemary Hall Jun 02, 2008

Not so! The product was not one that benefited me to the contrary. I agree with Steven Hanson and Beverly Amick.

I wrote to Beverly Amick who posted several months ago. Then I found one from Steven saying about the same thing and that there was a microscopic disclaimer.

post was especially helpful! Thanks! Did you get any better resolution?

I got 2 shipments which I set back saying declined. Usually that's all that is needed. Now I have 3 more - and when I looked at my Visabill I see these things are not 4.954, but 59.90!!! Wow!!! I'm steamed!!

I called them and talked to supervisor Falon at X115. She kept telling me that I had signed and the terms were all written out.
    So here's what I wrote to "Comsumer Complaints Help"

Power Tea - Fraudulent offer of 4.95 free trial - and they claim to have posted more details about future shipments of which I have just now, as I attempt to make returns - 6 months later become aware.

This is a product Oprah recommends - I think she needs to be made aware of the actual cost of this product ($59.90 per month) and their return policy - limit of 15 days. There are many complaints about this product! Just put in MBM&F Power Tea - you will see a long list of complaints.

I am a senior heavily invested in making an income in this down economy - in addition, I have had foot surgery during this time period.

At no other time have I been refused credit on returned merchandise purchased online!

They say their terms are there and that I signed for them. - I have no such recollection, nor do others who are complaining.

I would appreciate your help!

Your post was especially helpful! Thanks! Did you get any better resolution?

I got 2 shipments which I snet back saying declined. Usually that's all that is needed. Now I have 3 more - and when I looked at my Vise bill I see these things are not 4.954, but 59.90!!! Wow!!! I'm steamed!!

So here's what I wrote to "Comsumer Complaints Help"

I would appreciate your help!
    Rosemary Hall

• To
    Toree Hill Jun 10, 2008

I ordered a YouTube information kit, but after seeing all the information that the kit offered was available on YouTube, I called and canceled my order. After canceling, they sent me a compact disc that was blank. This is a complete scam, and I now have to cancel my credit card and get a police report filed and provide a notarized copy of my complaint to my bank.

• Al
    Alex Jun 17, 2008

I was suckered into the Ultra Lean Green Tea by the $4.95 price. I'll admit, I didn't read the Terms of Service - though the absence of ANY numbers in it doesn't exactly draw attention to it - but I know there's nothing about tanning ### in there.

When I received the "30-day free trial, " they billed me $4.95 for the tea...and $19.95 for self-tanner I know I didn't purchase.

They charged me the $69.87 today, and I tore the customer service reps a new one. I canceled my debit card, and now I'm just in limbo as I wait for my products to reach good ol' Pleasant Valley.

I know it's all in the ToS, but seriously...what kind of 30-day free trial makes you pay after 14 days?

• Ly
    lynn pettersson Jun 30, 2008

Impossible to cancel. Totally a scam. Dishonest business practices. Unfornate mistake to have trusted them. they give Utah a bad name.

• Da
    DARLYNE(DAR) DTOVALL Jul 17, 2008

WAS TO BE CHARGED SHIPPING ONLY FOR FIRST BOTTLE, WAS CHARGED FULL PRICE, THEN WAS CHARGED SENOND BOTTLE WHICH I DIDN'T ORDER.

• Mi
    Mini88 Jul 22, 2008

I completely agree! I paid for shipping and handling ($4.95) and a couple weeks later I see a charge for the full amount on my bank statement ($69.47). I call and they say I had to call them to cancel within an X amount of time..lalalala. If they want me to pay for shipping for a trial then I suggest they send me JUST the trial. We are living in the world of craziness where no one is going to calendar their trial. Honestly, I feel like all these "positive posts" are from the company itself! To whomever that said they have "great customer service" must be out of their mind! I spoke with 2 males that were completely rude. How do you base your company's income/profit on ASSUMING. They told me "If you dont call us within the trial period, we are going to assume you like the product and charge you full price." It all sounds like a scam, a smart one, but still...a scam. They issued me a refund, has not yet appeared on my statement. Isnt it a little sketchy that they use an outside merchant to charge your card? On my statement it says something like REGNETORD.com. All too weird. I will never do business with them or anyone else online.

To whom may concern:

I will like to close my account. I don't need it anymore. Please stop shipping the item. Do not sent me any more bottle of powertea.

sandra vidgoff Jul 27, 2008

Please close my account. I don't need it anymore. Please stop shipping the item. Do not sent me any more bottle of powertea.

Sandra Vidgoff

DO NOT SENT ME ANYMOE OF POWERTEA BOTTLE.

sandra vidgoff Jul 27, 2008

do not sent me any more of powertea bottle.

• De
    Debbie Smith Aug 01, 2008

I too had order the tea, 6.95 free... so far I am charged $ 107.12.

I am not happy I want my money back!!

Manager CSM Aug 13, 2008

This is in response to Sandra Vidgoff. This if Falon the supervisor for Powertea customer service. I have went an canceled your account with us. If you have any other questions please email me [protected]@verifyyourorder.com

Thanks
    Falon

• Sh
    Shirlan Brown Sep 04, 2008

I too have been charged for a product I did not order. I have two charges from Powertea and from Ultragreen tea. Both companies
    have the same number. I was charged a total of 121.00 to my
    credit card number. I called Powertea and was told I had ordered the tea and would be sent more orders unless I canceled them. I canceled all future orders but was told I would have to pay for all the other orders. I notified the credit card company and filed a complaint. An investigation will be started. I assume the only way someone could have done this was to have hacked into my computer. This has happened before. It has taught me a lesson.
    NEVER ORDER OVER THE INTERNET AGAIN!!!

• Ge
    george myers Sep 26, 2008

please discontinue supplying power tea to me with immediate effect.

• Ju
    Julie MacNeil Nov 01, 2008

Yes I agree on this scam. I can't even get through on the phone with them and where do you actually send this stuff back to then, whats the address for returns.

• To
    Tonya Feb 27, 2009

I ORDER 1 THING AND GOT 2 I WAS CHARGED FOR THE SECOND PRODUCT POWERTEA, AND NOW I HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT SOMEONE TO CANCEL, BUT I CAN NOT REACH ANYONE AND I AM STILL BEING CHARGED FOR 2 PRODUCTS I CAN NOT USE AND CN NOT SEEM TO CANCEL WITH ANYONE WHAT DO I DO?

• Sh
    shavier1 Mar 25, 2009

UNAUTHORIZED GHARGES TO MY CHECKING ACCOUNT.