PORTLAND SUNROOMSPOOR INSTALLATION AND LACK OF WARRANTY REPAIRS

Breach of contract, late on install date held up entire room shipment because of 1 window screen, unprofessional installers never showed up on time, did not respond to calls and emails, rude when contacted! poor install and water leaks had to ask them to do a water leak test before they left the second time. we still have the water leaks in rain gutters and now a leak where new roof is attached to existing building wall. When I called and emailed them they finnally called me and said they were busy and and they were 3 hours away (it was the same 3 hr. when they sold me the room) and didn't know when they could come, I told them that the water could ruin my $800 floor, I was told if I was so worrried about my floor I should find and pay someone to fix the leak and send them the bill and they would send me a check. This was the same answer everytime there was any kind of problem I had to be the one to do something. This was a very expensive room and being on a fixed income we saved for it for a long time. We don't feel that we have been unreasonable all we want is what we paid for!

• Ba
    barb in hubbard Nov 18, 2009

I have had exactly the same experiences with NuView, leaks, unreturned calls, and all.

• Up
    update Jan 17, 2010

UPDATE ON MY COMPLAINT ADDITIONAL WATER LEAKS AGAIN AND AGAIN CALLEDAND EMAILED STEVE GARCIA HE NEVER RESPONDED SO I CALLED JERRY THE OFFICE MGR.AND HE SAID IF I WAS SO WORRIED ABOUT MY $800 FLOOR I SHOULD HIRE SOMEONE DOWN HERE. I SAID I WOULD AND HE AGREED TO PAY THE $50 FOR IT...AGAIN IT WAS UP TO ME TO DO THEIR JOB SO I HIRED A HANDYMAN HE RE CAULKED THE AREA WHERE THE NEW AND OLD BUILDINGS CAME TOGETHER WITH PRO CAULK NOT THE CHEAP PAINTERS CALK THEY USED BUT SAID IT WOULD BE TEMPORARY BECAUSE THEY NEVER PUT ANY FLASHING THERE AND WHEN THEY INSTALLED THE GABLE ROOF CAP THEY CUT IT 2" TO SHORT CAUSING WATER TO GET UNDER IT. HE SAID HE WOULD RECOMMED THE FLASHING BE DONE AND THE CAP EXTENDED AND SAID HE WOULD DO IT BUT IT WOULD COST ABOUT $200. HE WROTE UP THE BILL FOR THE $50 AND INCLUDED THE ESTIMATE TO DO THE FLASHING. I EMAILED THE BILL TO STEVE AND AGAIN NEVER RESPONDED SO I CALED HIM SEVERAL TIMES AND LEFT MESSAGES NO ANSWER CALLED JERRY HE TOLD ME HE WAS LET GO AND I WOULD HAVE TO WORK WITH STEVE. I DIDN'T HAVE MUCH CHOICE SO I PAID THE $50 PLUS THE $200 TO SAVE MY WALLS AND FLOOR. SO I CALLED THE MFG. NU VIEW DESIGN IN CA. SPOKE TO THEM ABOUT THIS AND ASKED IF THEY WOULD CALL STEVE, SHE SAID THEY TRIED BUT HGOT NO ANSWER EITHER. THEY COVER THE ROOM 100% BUT NOT THE INSTALLATION AND THAT THEY HAD SEVERAL OTHER COMPLAINTS AGAINST STEVE AND HE WAS GOING OUT OF BUSINESS, I ASKED HER IF THEY COULD HELP ME RECOVER MY EXPENSES, SHE SAID SHE WOULD TALK TO THE OWNER AND GET BACK TO ME... THAT WAS SEVERAL MONTHS AND EVERYTIME I CALLED HER SHE WAS NEVER AVAILABLE. JUST LOOKED UP NE VIEW DESIGA IN PORTLAND AND THEY ARE BACK IN BUSINESS... I AM IN THE PROCESS WITH THE BBB AND ATTORNEY GENERAL'S CONSUMER PROTECTTION HOTLINE.. SO MY ADVICE TO ANYONE WHO HAS THE SAME PROBLEMS TO DO THE SAME. AND FOR ANYONE ELSE IS DON'T DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THEM, NU VIEW OR PORTLAND SUNROOMS ETC. IN OR. AND WA. THEY ARE ALL THE SAME PEOPLE!