PORTFOLIO RCFalse information on credit report

B

I recieved a letter stating that I had a 5 yr old electric bill that needed to be paid. 5 years ago I was a minor and therefore could not have had an electric bill in my name. I checked my credit report and they are listed as a collections account. I called the electric companies in Norfolk and they have no record of me having an account. This company is messing up my credit report!

More PORTFOLIO RC Complaints & Reviews

No Phone Provided
    Company Address:
    140 CORPORATE BLVD
    NORFOLK, VA 23502

did a hard inquiry on my credit report also. I have NO idea who they are and they certainly have no legal right to sniff into my credit report. I am calling my lawyer this week and am looking to make them pay.

• Sm
    smithdavidp Oct 03, 2010

They did it to me too.

• N2
    n2phj007 Dec 09, 2010

Portfolio Recovery Associates Inc.
    Riverside Commerce Center
    Fax: [protected]
    Website: http://www.portfoliorecovery.com

• N2
    n2phj007 Dec 09, 2010

.When times are tough, some businesses find the going a little easier with Portfolio Recovery Associates (PRA). The firm makes its way in the world by collecting on defaulted consumer debt. Its primary business is collections on behalf of clients (including banks, credit unions, consumer and auto finance companies, and retail merchants). PRA also buys charged-off and bankrupt consumer debt portfolios and then collects the debts on its own behalf. The company's subsidiaries are dedicated to skip-tracing and asset location for auto finance companies (IGS) and government accounts receivable management (Revenue Discovery Systems). Mr. Steven D. Fredrickson
    CEO120 Corporate Blvd.