Polytones Cluball big money scam

J

This was supposed to be FREE. I have a goPhone which I only put like 15 days on because it's only for when I am not home...this company has been texting my phone for the last 25 minutes and each one costs me 20 cents. All I did was a little IQ test, which said I'm brilliant and sent me to this other stuff that's taking my money and I didn't sign up for. These peepz need to be caught!

• Au
    Audrey Emery Apr 07, 2008

Advertised free Barry Manilow ringtone on BM fan club site and never delivered. They were going to charge $10. per month. I canceled.

Mary Ballard May 16, 2008

I want to know how I go about not getting charged monthly for something I didn't do. I didn't download anything and I shouldn't be charged.

april Jun 24, 2008

Was charged for service that i did not ordered. Beware people!

• Do
    donna spinelli Jul 25, 2008

same thing happened to me. By accident I subscribed and thought I had cancelled it. I called t mobile and they told me to text 71769 to unsubscribe which I did. Just got my second bill with the same 19.98 bill. Try to contact t mobile again but couldn't get through. I am looking for a phone number to contact Ringtones. any body have one that works?

apc Aug 14, 2008

simply went in to look at the free ringtones didnot select any and the next thing I knowI get a text message with the number 717-69 that I am in a club and the charge is 9.99 a month. I never selected anything and I cannot get back to the webb site.

• Je
    Jen Aug 15, 2008

Does anyone know how to contact the company? Did the same to me, charging me $9.99 every time I add minutes to my phone. Does anyone know if a class action suit has been started yet?
    This is major criminal activity. When I realized that they had signed me up for something I didn't want, I followed the directions to "unsubscribe" . They never unsubscribed me.

• St
    Steven Penn Aug 22, 2008

I don't want to be charged for something I did not agree to either! I want that subscription canceled!

tirath Aug 29, 2008

please unsubscribe me from club. I DID not authorise any subscription to deduct weekly 4.50 thank you

tirath Aug 30, 2008

please unsubscribe me from the service which I did not ordered.

• Na
    natasha Sep 03, 2008

hey have you tried the correct number. i just did its 88838. am tired and fed up with it too. got the same problem and its taking all my credit. i need a refund cos i use my phone for emergency.

• Be
    Bet Sep 27, 2008

Same thing just happened to me. Found this: http://www.ringtonetimes.com/help.do
    If you scroll to the very bottom, you see how to unsubscribe. When I did it, I got text msg that says I am not subscribed. Will call Sprint to verify, but not sure if it worked as of yet.

• To
    Tonya Smith Oct 15, 2008

please unsubscribe me from this club.I DID NOT AUTHORISE and subscription to take 9.99 a month from my phone..thank you plus i wont my 9.99 back on my phone...

• To
    Tonya Smith Oct 15, 2008

i wont this subscription took off my phone and i wont to know how to do it!!! this is just not right

• Kw
    kwallace Oct 15, 2008

This was a huge SCAM!!! I also got a notification for a free ringtone and thought it would be fun -- and now I get a $9.99 charge on my cellphone bill! Outrageous. I never agreed to any charges, but thought it would be great to try a new ringtone. I am so mad at myself for not seeing a SCAM immediately! Has anyone figured out how to a) actually use the ringtone site or b) how to cancel this darn thing?

• Sp
    Sparkly Nov 24, 2008

Completed Eminem quiz to get free ringtone, notes said that i would have to enter a pin to subscribe, WHAT A LOAD OF BULL, I AM £9.00 OUT of pocket. Carma is a great thing, good luck with it!!! Have sent my stop text, will have to see whether that works. Has anyone ever got there money back?

• Ba
    Bahati Best Nov 29, 2008

I requested your services in error. Please delete my subscription.

B Best

• Vi
    Victoria Jan 23, 2009

I just texted STOP when it texted me a message and the subscriptions stopped but i dont know about the $9.99 thing after i read the site Terms Of Use ?? Can anyone help me so they can stop charging me ????

April EArl Feb 20, 2009

I did not want to order no ringtones for 9.99/mo i was ask to take a quiz about chris brown to recieved a free ring tone and was charged 9.99 i do not want it and i want my money back on my phone.I was misleaded.

Angry Virgin customer Feb 23, 2009

Is this just with the virgin mobile phone service or does anyone have other service? I have a prepaid virgin mobile phone and they say this is a non virgin mobile subscription. I didn't even get a chance to use the phone because they took the money I applied. What kind of service allows them to steal your money off your acct? Shouldn't you have to pay for this seperately if it was legitimate? Virgin mobile is looking for a class action lawsuit if this is how they do business allowing other companies to steal a persons top up money!!!

tina Feb 28, 2009

I put my number on poltones please dont charge it to my phone i want to cancell i didnt know it charges dont charge my celluarphone

• Ed
    Edith Thomas Feb 28, 2009

I wanted a ringtone called " CUPPYCAKE" and I did not get it. I was charged $9.99 I want my money back because they refuse to send me my ringtone.

• Ca
    cathy Apr 24, 2009

Please unsubscribe me from polytones club. i did not request to charged 9.99 a month for ringtones. Please remove me know before i get charged.

marsha diehl Jun 11, 2009

i went on a job site and got scammed i recieved an e mail saying i wi ll be billed for this ring tone club

jaydance16 Jun 19, 2009

I signed up for what I was told was "free ring tones" but they charged me 9.99 and then signed me up for another month with out my consent.

Anahit Jun 19, 2009

I was seraching for a job in Burbank, CA and appeared in the site where it said jobs in Burbank. A screan opened telling me that I nbeed to fill in the address and telephone number and e-mail ddress and I shall get the information details in the area. And after that I get a message on my cell phnoe with the code telling me to insert that code in the box of the screen I did that and I got the second message on my phone that i shall be charged $9.99 every month for the ribgtones. Please help me solve this problem, it's so frustrating and nervewrecking. What is going on? Does this mean I cannot trust the job search engines in the inetrnet. This is just awful.

• Da
    david huston Jun 28, 2009

what can we do to stop them ?

• Mi
    mitzi norman Jul 10, 2009

Does anyone know what to do - there has got to be something that can be done about this!

• Hu
    Hussein Bakari Gunda Dec 03, 2010

I received a notification from my mobile that my account has been deducted Saudi Riyals 5 for a Polytones Club 850502