PNC Bankinconvenience

PNC recently bought national city. i have never had a problem with national city and have been banking nearly ten years with them. on the 24th of march 12am, all national city bank cards ceased to function. however, i was never notified of this. when i WAS told, it was from the mouth of a meth head gas station attendant right as i tried to buy a red bull before work. i still have some nat city checks. they continued to work for FOUR MORE days, giving a false sense of accesibility to my funds. on sunday, i was told by a cashier at the grocery store that they couldnt take my checks.
i called PNC the same day wanting to know if my card was on its way. they said there was a problem with my address, so i confirmed with them, even thought the info they read to me was correct. he told me 2 business days. that was sunday and now its friday.
these people are a joke.

• Uo
    Uouker Mar 09, 2010

Went to pnc back to open a new account since my bank does not have a branch in the new state i moved to. Being reluctant since i was with my bank for over 10 yrs I walk in. the agent was great no complaints about her at all. So 2 days later I recieve 2 envelopes (thinking its me and my husbands debit cards) I open I its my husbands card the secon stated they closed my account upon further review.. Not sure I understand so its know 5 days later and I have not recieved my money back I go to the branch that opened up the account and they say sorry cant help you have to wait for the check .. Know im beyond angry considering I opened the account knowing I could get access to it. I explained that I just moved here needed access to the cash ( for food gas and such) and again the manager simply says sorry cant help you. I am so frustrated I am going on everysight in hopes that pnc gets the message on how horrible there service are I have seen many other peole in the same situation as me one website showed that a customer waited over 1 month to get his money back. They want your money but it seems they dont want to give it back to you. Next on my list is the newspaper maybe then something will change for future new customer. BANKER BEWARE!!

Anonymous120938 Mar 16, 2010

Hahaha. How many accounts have you had charged off in the past? Banks don't wanna bank with BAD customers.

• Pl
    Playingnice Jan 25, 2011

Every month for the past 3 months PNC Mortgage (CEO is James E. Rohr )has called my phone number 17+ times a month trying to ask me when I was mailing my mortgage payment. I am always on time with all my payments. They say oh yes the payment is not late until the 15th but it is actually due on the 1st, when can we expect your payment to be mailed in? Every call disrupts my work day. I have owned homes for 30 years now and never heard of such harrasement being done to people who do NOT make late payments. AVOID PNC Mortgage and James E. Rohr at all cost.

• Sd
    sdr1969 Feb 09, 2011

I have been going trough living hell with PNC with fees. I recently transferred money from my PNC savings to my PNC checking and it took it 5 days to get there, so I incurred 6 overdraft fees and 2 returned items as well as fees for them. They have absolutely NO INTEREST in talking to me about the fees or trying to help me. This came on the heels of charging me overdraft charges for pending items when I had made deposits the same day. They took the fees out and then credited my account, which resulted in more fees. Between the two incidents, they have robbed me of almost $500 in just over a month. I really thought they couldn't be worse than National City, but I was sooooo wrong! Where can one file complaints against such practices?

• Kr
    krispix318 Feb 09, 2011

It's a common practice by banks to clear the debits to your account before they'll credit the checks, so this isn't just PNC. Do you have virtual wallet or online banking? I use that through PNC and my money is transfered instantly. Sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience - I absolutely love them :)

• Jr
    jrae1 Feb 11, 2011

I have banked with PNC/NC for at least 30 years. I carry an approx. 20K balance in checking and savings. I only have an ATM card - I have never liked debit cards. This year I am being charged an annual $10 for the ATM card, but if I switch to a debit card - no annual fee will be charged. Obviously they are "coercing" me to accept the more profitable(for them)debit card when all I want to do is get some cash from the ATM. I'm very angry.

• Ha
    Happily-Employed Feb 12, 2011

Is that a standard fee for them?

• Be
    Beckysewwho Feb 24, 2011

PNC has put stop payments on my checks 5 times without my permission.

I have had my checks to my gas company and drs office stopped payment 4 times. I called gas company, they said they have stopped payment notice. I told them we didnt. They said bank said we did. Called the bank and they said they had no note of it. I tested them and paid one month online for the gas and it went through. The next month, wrote a check the day the bill came, and they stopped payment on it! Tried to get them to pay these but said I have to do a confernce call with bank and gas co to do that. I dont have that phone capapbility. Cant wait to open account at new bank.

• Ne
    nerveknob Jun 10, 2011

I can't tell you strongly enough... Stay away from this bank. They can really ruin your life!

I had purchased/financed a used vehicle and they botched up the paperwork so badly that the manufacturer will not release the title, but they established the loan and still hold me responsible. I cannot drive or license my $33k car due to PNC's horrendous handling of the title work. And they are still holding me to the loan. It's been two months and no sight of a resolution. The manufacturer got their pay-off and they consider the car still owned by the prior owner, who is unreachable.

They are destroying my (once 811 score) credit... costing me thousands... and basically ruining my life. I'm so sick from this I cannot stand it. Attorney fees will be through the roof. This started with the PNC Branch on Henderson in Columbus, OH... and I has progressed to their upper tier loan centers with no resolution (all of PNC has been useless in trying to resolve this). Henderson Road, Columbus is horribly managed (well all of it is). And this after being an excellent customer with a prior vehicle.

PNC is heartless and will not resolve this. They simply say, "sorry". Find another institution to finance through. I just want to off myself due to these jerks. Save yourself the pain. These people are thieves!

JamieBryan Jun 18, 2011

In 2017, my family decided to make what they thought was a long term sound investment in their new house. It has since been the biggest mistake of our lives. This house, meant to be the one "custom built" house of their lives, has cost my parents everything. Through their primary lender PNC Bank, my parents fell victim to the biggest fraud committed in the history of banking - refinancing their home - and have since taken the equity out of our house. Now, this in itself is not the problem despite the fact that our house is now currently worth a little more than half what they currently owe as mortgage. If the payments were reasonable, my parents would make them and life would go on with PNC getting all that they were owed for the house with no real fight. However, due to my father loosing his job and not being able to make payments (this occurred in 2017), PNC struck a deal with my family that as long as we agreed to pay $5, 399.10 a month we would be able to keep our house. How gracious of them. My father, being the reasonable man that he is, got a job he was miserable at just to make these payments. That is, until October 2017. In October of last year my father was once again laid off from his government job and though he immediately tried to find new employment he attempted to negotiate with PNC bank to renegotiate his contract. He, much like everyone else would, assumed that the friendly employees at PNC would understand that in our now one-income based family we couldn't afford to pay $5, 399.10 a month, especially because that one income doesn't amount to that. For several months since my father has tried many times to readjust his payment, showing with several documents and evidentiary statements that we cannot possibly continue to make payments on the house as long as they are that high. The documents my father put together were never reviewed, and we were told readjusting was impossible at this time. Now, several things have happened since this occurred:
    1. My father was offered a job that depends on him getting a security clearance. He was denied an interim clearance due to poor credit and the process to get an official security clearance can take up to nine months.
    2. My father was granted an extension on our payment, 30 days extra to be specific. This extension was rescinded less than 24 hours later. After many hours spent complaining on the phone to various employees, we were granted a 15 day extension instead.
    3. We were told that because 90% of our income was going to our mortgage we didn't qualify for any government assistance program. Their qualifications are 40%, and despite explaining to several employees at PNC that 90% was actually WORSE than 40%, they still couldn't help us because - as they put it - "you're making it with 90% so why do you need our help?"
    4. My dad had to borrow money from a family member in order to make our June mortgage payment and did so through a Western Union wire. The clerk at the store he used forgot the $.10 on the order slip, and so my dad asked if they could let it go this one time, or even add it to next months payment. They explained to him that if he didn't immediately send in the dime, that the mortgage contract would be void and that we would be foreclosed upon. It cost him an extra $13 to send in the dime.
    Our regular mortgage payment is $2, 700 which is completely affordable on my mother's income. This $2, 700 payment will be re-instated in four months, but unless my father gets his job within the next two weeks we'll be foreclosed upon anyways. We tried to explain the situation to the highest authority available at PNC, telling them that if they just added time to the back of the loan, or adjusted the payment slightly and added more time, we would be able to make the payments no problem. They told us this "When you get the confirmation that the job is yours and the 'hiccup' is resolved then we can work with you. Until that time there is nothing we can do." So in essence as soon as we don't need help anymore and the problem is resolved, PNC will be glad to assist us. This is the most outrageous thing I can imagine happening, and I wanted to share the story with others so that maybe someone out there will realize that PNC Bank needs to either be shut down, or all the current employees need to be fired, with more logical and maybe even compassionate ones put in place.

• Ba
    Barnack Leica Aug 17, 2011

Went into a pnc bank with one of their depositors checks in the ammount of $15. Gripe one, after giving them my valid state issued drivers license they wanted a second form of identifcation. Arrogance meteer rose isntantly since that is all thats needed to get onto an airplane and i made a stink about that in rather loud tone

Keep in mind this is only a $15 check and i really got ticked when they tried to rip me off $10 fee for them to cash leaving me with a whopping 33% of the check. this really pissed me off and being rather irate and loud and calling them extortionist crooks they threatened to call the cops on me. So, my irritation went thru the roof and i used a lot more naughty words as the cocky arrogant bank officr picked up the phone to dial 911.

Is it me or should i have not been so irritated by them trying to rip me off a 66% fee for a 15 buck check thier depositor gave me and ther audacity to demand a second form of id after being presented a valid form of id issued by a state agency?

I wouldnt have been so vocally annoyed if at all being ripped off a $10 fee as a non account holder if the check i was trying to cash was for alot more than that such as one for 100.00 but for them to think they should be able to do 15-10=5 bucks total for the person cashing their check seems rather excessive to me

• Ba
    Barnack Leica Aug 18, 2011

i did that before with the same bank and left when the cops came as requested. However, later in the week i received a citation for disorderly conduct which cost me a fine of 150 bucks plus costs. hence why i just droped the f bomb rather loudly and indignatly while they were treating me like some sort of peon

• Dg
    d.g. carroll Sep 03, 2011

been trying to get my modification for 1 yr and 6 month. They say I have mortgage but keep comming up with things to pay. I have made all payments which is suppose to include my taxes and insurance, but have been told i need to keep paying them. If I have an equity account my question is why am i paying insurance. Told them today if this isn't taken care of i will be finfing lawyer and contaction att. general in my state plus my state reps. This program is government backed. So if figure our congress and senator need to get involved!!!

• Sh
    Sheryl908 Oct 26, 2011

I recently moved into the East Brunswick area of New Jersey from Alabama. Apparently they don't have my bank here up in New Jersey (Regions), so I looked up local banks online and saw PNC Bank was one of the recommended ones. I wanted an account there, but I wanted to wait a few weeks until I got my check to open an account and deposit simultaneously. Coincidentally enough, I happened to go to PNC Bank with my Jersey friend (since he has an account there). He was going to withdraw money.

As we approached the counter, all of a sudden, the woman behind the counter's enthusiasm faded away (I think her name was Kina, if I remember correctly). My friend greeted her and asked how her day was going, and she only replied with a stale "Hey." Her smile was no longer there. Keep in mind that we don't know this woman, and my friend has never had her withdraw money for him before. Anyway, once Kina withdrew money for him, she counted it up, and my friend said that he thought she miscounted and was a couple of hundred dollars short. She looked bitterly at him and told him that it was the full amount. He asked her to recount it again, and she did, with the full amount there, but once she finished, she stacked the money together, slammed it on the table, and slid the money to him with a little too much thrust, enough so that a few of the hundred dollar bills hit the floor, then she gave somewhat of a brief, fake smile and didn't even apologize.

My friend didn't want to address the situation, so I went back the next day and asked for the manager myself. This tall guy walked in and I told him what happened. In a nutshell, he pretty much said that there was virtually nothing he could do about that situation, since she provided me with full service and did everything I asked. This guy was nice, but it almost felt like it was a pointless conversation I was having with him, since he told me twice that he couldn't do anything. I was upset, but I did not hold any further confrontation with him, and I left the bank.

I don't want to point fingers at anyone, but if you ask my opinion, I think she was just acting this way toward us because we're white. I noticed that the black man in front of us and the two black women that came behind us in line, she greeted happily and openly, but while we were up there, I just didn't feel at home anymore. I changed my mind shortly afterwards to open up an account at my second choice, Bank of America. Now, I don't necessarily trust them more than anything in the world, but there's no way I'm returning to PNC Bank, at least not in this area... and definitely not recommending it to anyone else.

• Sl
    slpsms111 Dec 05, 2011

Come on people... Do your research before selecting a bank. You can't fail to read a bank's disclosures and then complain after the fact when they enforce those disclosures. Read the disclosures and then make an educated decision. Do your research. Check forbes and other reputable sites. You will find that pnc is among the worst banking options out there. You will learn that their online banking is among the worst and their customer service is near the bottom of the list as well. You will find that their business practices are not customer oriented and that their reputation is almost universally poor. This is a poor, fragmented bank with lousy customer service and little positive to offer to offset these shortcomings. Do a basic search and you will find all the ammo you need to skip pnc and look at other options, they are aplenty. Just don't believe the few pnc employees that troll these complaint boards and try to put lipstick on a pig. Then again, go ahead and try pnc... I won't say "I told you so". Well, maybe I will.

• Br
    Brown Dragon Dec 30, 2011

I work for them and know they are inept...They drove me to a nervous break down.

• Ki
    Kingcloser Mar 05, 2012

PNC Bank needs to be pressured with Imminent (BK) Threats or Mediation Law and Procedures.
    They are basically a giant collection agency. They purchase the distressed mortgage at Extreme Discounts from various key players in the sub-prime arena. They collect aggressively on this paper. They do not play by the rules and need to be pressed hard.

We have completed successful loan restructuring cases with PNC Bank. They are all long run and brutal battles.
    Feel free to visit our website for further details on avoiding a Pending Sale Date.
    www.freshstart-mortgagesolutions.com or www.freshstart-legalnetwork.com
    You may also call 1.877.297.7011

Good Luck Homeowners.

• Sh
    SHAYNA666 Aug 16, 2012

This whole issue started feb.17th. I didn't receive a couple of items in the mail, so I called pnc bank about it. They said they'd take care of it. They gave me the money back, and I had to sign papers when I received them.

April came, and still no papers. I called them, and they said they'd send them.in the meantime - I wrote them a letter explaining in full detail everything that happened.

May comes, and finally the affadavit arrives. I sent them back with another letter in full detail of things.

To this day, pnc bank says I owe them money. I did everything I was supposed to do. They're supposed to investigate this issue. They didn't. I refuse to pay for items that I never received. I don't want a lawyer, or anything. I just want people to know that pnc bank isn't trustworthy. I ban ked with them for 12 years with no problems. I have this one issue - and this is how i'm being treated.

• Ta
    Tambruke Aug 22, 2012

Upon receiving a credit card invitation with a 50, 000 point bonus offer, I returned an application and used my card. I subsequently called twice to inquire about the bonus points and was told both times they would be credited to my account in a few weeks.

Today I was told I had neglected to include a registry number with my application and therefore I was not eligible to receive the bonus. I objected to being penalized because of a simple clerical oversight but your representative was adamant, insisting this could not be resolved.

I can’t believe your bank would refuse to honor a commitment based upon a trivial clerical omission. I canceled my PNC points card and am taking steps to transfer my checking account to another institution. Card No. [protected].