PmIdentity.comUnauthorized charges

E Review updated:

Charging me for something I never ok'd when I got my FREE CREDIT REPORT. I never signed up for there identy protection.

Dec 14, 2007

Took out 2 unauthorized charges of $19.95 each from debit card on 12/04/07 and 12/05/07.

• G
      Dec 15, 2007

I had the exact same thing happen to me. You need to call your bank and tell them you did NOT authorize this charge and it will be returned.

• N
      Dec 15, 2007

Only visted site once and now have to charges. What gives?

Dec 28, 2007

I found an authorized charge to my credit card. I must say that tis is a rip off coumpany. I had never heard of PMIDENTITY.com before.

Jan 01, 2008

I also found an unathurized charge to my credit card. It's not just a rip off: They are stealing your money. I had never heard of this company before this unauthorized charge.

• R
      Jan 12, 2008

I also found an unthorized charge to my credit card I also have never heard of pmidentity before.

Jan 15, 2008

I got charged also!

• K
      Jan 16, 2008

I only visited the site for a few seconds and had $29.95 stolen from my debit card.

• T
      Jan 16, 2008

I have never heard of this company and have 3 charges on my credit card, 2 for 1.00 and one for 29.95.

Jan 19, 2008

I want to unscribe to PMIDENTITY. Do not make any more charges on my credit card for 29.95. Please send me a e-mail that states that my name has been removed. Thanks. Donavon D. Leighton

Jan 21, 2008

Same thing here didnt relize I did any thing to get charged for. But lost 14.95.

Jan 22, 2008

They got me for 29.95 twice, unauthorized of course. Interesting, a week earlier, they charged $1.00 a few times, saw that it went through and it wasn't caught by me or my bank, then began REALLY trying to steal my money.

Jan 23, 2008

19.95 on my bankcard and i never ehard of them

Jan 26, 2008

Same thing. I was charged $19.95 on my chase debit card. I called the number listed above and stayed on hold waiting to talk to a representative for about 10 minutes. I eventually hung up. The next call I'm going to make is to my bank and have them reject the charge.

• E
      Jan 26, 2008

Recently I rec'd the same unauthorized charges for 29.95 I never even entered there website.

Jan 26, 2008

Ronald Leslie(owner) PMIdentity, Also Director Readers Digest Hacked into my computer, stole my 16 degit pin number and stole more then 29.95 out of my account. He also tapped into my cell phone.

Jan 28, 2008

I was charged 2 times for $14.95. one by privacy matters.com and one from pmidenty.com when i called the company they didnt even know what i was signed up for this company should be report and i would like to know where i can report them. please someone give me some information so that i can make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else. these comapny should be closed.

Jan 31, 2008

This seems to be associated with Intellius. They have an automatic opt-in on their site for reverse phone look ups.

Jan 31, 2008

I used PeopleLookup. Only $2.95 for one search and then PMIDENTITY started charging $14.95 for three months to my Citibank Mastercard. I did not notice in Nov. or Dec. and had to cancel card in Jan.9971e.

Feb 07, 2008

Today I got a call about a suspicious charge on my credit card - that turned out to be OK. However, it did force me to look closer at my statement and found several charges from pmidentity.com - three in all for $14.95. I used Intellius to do a background check on my now current boyfriend. I know I checked NO for free trials and rebates. Anyway, I called them to have the charges credited but they refused and said they would only credit the most recent. They even said they sent me an email containing a receipt - which I never received. My credit card company ended up crediting my account - because they love me so, so much. Anyway, I wont be using a background check company from the internet anymore. I wanted to make sure I am not getting played by a guy and I end up getting played by a company I thought was helping me!

Feb 10, 2008

Had money transfered to my payroll card on 2-8-08 called to recheck balance on 2-10-08 was 60.00 gone called for info was told of pmidenty.com &privacy matters .com never heard of them did search came up with these two opitions. So here i am. Called police department to report it. Waiting now for them. Call and register your complaint with a offical enough complaints will get something done.

Feb 20, 2008

I dont know how to stop these people. I did NOT authorize this. What did I do to get charged for this or what did I receive from them?

• R
      Feb 27, 2008

19.90 charge showed up on my Visa Debit card from no where. It was unathorized.

Mar 03, 2008

PLEASE CANCELMY MEMBERSHIP TO PMIdentity THANK YOU

Mar 08, 2008

I found two unauthorized charges to this company on my debit card.....never heard of them before....I will prosecute or sue if I have to...I will not allow this to happen.

Mar 11, 2008

I was charged 19.95 for the service and I never agreed to it. I called them and they said I would be refunded the money back into my account and my membership would be cancelled. How I became a member in the first place I don't know, as I never agreed to become one. I will check in a couple days and make sure the money is back.

Mar 12, 2008

I have never seen anything like this allowed. This is ridiculous and should not be allowed they charged my card for 29.95 on the 5th and the on the 10th. So 60 dollars gone. I am currently waiting on someone form their damn offices to answer the phone but they are not. So what do you do to get it credited back to your account?

Mar 15, 2008

keep getting charged no damn way to get a hold of them to stop taking out 29.95 a month it has been 3 payments now i am getting sick of this

Mar 21, 2008

Utterly bogus. I also paid for a one time people-finding service a couple of months ago, and just now discovered PMIdentity has been making monthly charges to my debit card.

Mar 23, 2008
    PmIdentity.com - Charges out of my account!
    PmIdentity.c0m
    www.PmIdentity.c0m

Charges are coming out of my account and i want them stop because they are unauthorized. How can I file charges and/or get them stopped. Plz advise smb!

Mar 31, 2008

I had no clue that a company could do this with out your consent. The customer service that they have is a joke, i was on for 25 minutes and then i hung up. I had it billed on my master card. and asked them to cancel the charge, otherwise i am going to cancel my credit card. Has anybody had any luck getting this charge blocked from your credit card? please respond if you do! I don't want to relive this fraud month after month.

May 07, 2008

Yea, I used the site to look for my dad and now I get this bogus charge! What the hell! Thanks to everyone who has posted to I kind of know what to do!

• F
      May 11, 2008

Same thing here: used Intellius a month ago to look up address associated with a phone number that kept calling me and then ended up with an unauthorized $19.95 charge from PMIDENTITY on my credit card. When I called to complain to my credit card company they had to cancel my card. The irony is that the PMIDENTITY website claims that it is a service protecting against fraud; in actuality, PMIDENTITY and INTELLIUS are both stealing credit card numbers and are committing theft.

• P
      May 14, 2008

I would just like to know if I will get back my 29.95 from you people. Patsy Sabourin

May 17, 2008

I used Intelius for more info on a reverse phone look-up. Charged 4.95 and didn't even give me any useful information. THEN, I end up with unauthorized fraudulent charge from PMIdentity on the credit card. From all of these other comments posted, seems to be the best thing is immediately contact bank/credit card company and have your debit or credit card number changed so they can't make any more charges. AND dispute the charge. I called PMIdentity "customer service" and got the same run-around. They tried to get more personal info out of me.

Does anyone out there know who deals with internet-based consumer affairs??? I wonder if this is a USA based company.

• T
      May 20, 2008

took 35.03 out of dbit which was unauthorized.

• K
      May 26, 2008

I used intellius for a reverse phone lookup and then got an unauthorized charge from pmidentity.com for 19.95.

May 27, 2008

I now have two unauthorized charges on my card. These people are crooks. I did not ask for this service and neither do I want IT. What is up with this????

• A
      May 27, 2008

I was off fighting in the mountains of Afghanistan with no electricity let alone internet and I came home and reviewed my bank statement and found 4 charges of $19.95 from PMIdentity and 1 from Intelius for $9.98. I did some research and found out that PMIdentity straight steals from you and then gives whatever information they have on you to their parent company, Intelius. These people should be arrested.

• A
      Jun 10, 2008

I was charged for something I don't know about, therefore, I am seeking legal advice.