PlanetDVDstore.comFraudulant DVD sales

F

****** Possible Contact INFO ****** I ordered a DVD collection from this company and just like everybody else I got multiple (70) DVD's that were copied from bad TV recordings; the E! Channel to be specific. Since an address is not listed I sent numerous messages through their website to no avail. I have found three phone numbers [protected], [protected], and [protected]) for this company, one in British Colombia and two in the Toronto area, and have left message on at all three. They also list an address in St. Marten which fails to include a city.

This company also goes by the name TVDVDMania.com, and TVShowMonster.com all offering the same merchandise. Every time my credit card removes the payment the company re-bills the amount. My CC Company wants me to return the DVD’s. All three websites have private registration and are registered through Domains by Proxy Inc. The company says that it will contact the owner with all correspondence that they receive. The owner can accept or reject the correspondence. They will release the company’s information if they are legally compelled to do so.

Domains by Proxy Inc.
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260

Good luck

• St
    Steven Jun 10, 2011

Do not purchase anything from this web site, it is a scam. The DVD's are pirated from chine and not formated to work in your dvd player. they come in cheesy packaging and when you try to returnthem it is not going to happen once they get your money, you will never hear from them again. I have seen other complaints and wish my wife would have done some research prior to buying. I hope this keeps someone else from getting scammed.

• Ri
    Rita H. Jul 04, 2010

I also had problems with them and just reported them to the Motion Picture Academy of America under the Report Piracy Section. I will try to contact them once again as I want my money back (130USD)!

Rita

• Lg
    LG in Virginia Mar 13, 2010

The company and the product were both missreprsented. The company through Amazon shopping site was listed as shipping product from Ohio. It took over 28 days for my product to arrive because it was actually coming from CHINA. A holiday delayed the production of the (claimed to be FAN GENERATED) discs to an Ironman animated series. One of the discs didn't play at all, one would only load to the menue but not play. When I complained they tried to say that it was my player, not the discs. Then they said they would replace the bad discs but by that time I was fed up and did'nt want the poor quality product. When I asked to return the product they gave me the following address in CHINA.

Name : Lin SX

Address (street) : Guangzhou shi san yuan li 57 hao

Postal Code : 510400

City: Guangzhou

Country : China

after the initial order from planetdvdstore.com, all corrospondence was with [email protected]

I hope the above information helps someone avoid making the same mistake I made. I will fight this thing through to the end -- and I hope the company gets punished for their wrongdoing.

LG in Virginia

• Gp
    GP1 Nov 27, 2009

My wife ordered the complete TV series of All in the Family on 11/7/09. We received them on 11/24/09. I contacted the company via email asking for a full refund on 11/25/09 for the following reasons:
    DVD's were clearly pirated copies and I have since learned this series has not been released
    DVD's were not labeled professionally
    DVD's had hand scribbled numbers on them
    DVD's - some were duplicates others missing
    DVD's were impossible to put in any order - not in chronological order as advertised
    Some load Some don't
    Company has no phone or address - just email
    EXTREMELY poor picture quality
    Need I go on?
    Advice: 1) Call your credit card company immediately 2) File a complaint with the FBI 3) Speak to the Motion Picture Association 4) Emaill the BBB Online 5) File an IC3 complaint - go to IC3.gov
    These are shipped from The Peoples Republic of China - need I tell you more...I think not!

• Je
    Jenny Rose Oct 07, 2009

Ordered complete collection of Perry Mason dvd's. They were taped off a tv with commericals. Tried to send dvds back but no response. Filed a stop payment with Mastercard. Paper work was ongoing. Then I receive a phone call from Alisha saying that Planet DVD had instructed her to send refund back, all we had to do was call our credit card company and have them to remove " the retrival". I thought everything was fine so I called the credit card company as instructed. But again, it was a scam. Now I again will try to contact the credit card company to see if my money can be refunded. I hate liars and cheats.

• Ha
    Hardwhite Jun 27, 2009

I ordered complete season of My Favorite Martion, Heres Lucy, and The Lucy Show from www.PlanetDVDStore.com which confirmed my order. They charged my credit card on 6/6/09 under the name of BETADVDSERIES [protected] KN and I received the DVD's on 6/12/09. I e-mailed concerning the shipping status on the web site which is the only way you can communicate with the company and received my reply from this e-mail address "Kathy Connor" <[email protected]> and not from planetDVDStore.com. The DVD's are pirated bootlegged from PAX TV, Vision TV, and RHINO HOME VIDEO which were duplicated. The quailty is terriable and most of the DVD's do not work. The web site has you read terms that do state that some DVD's will pause or skip but nothing about not working at all. The web site does state that they would replace the bad disc without you returning the bad disc back but they have not replied to any of my e-mails concerning the bad disc. I am going to contact my bank to see if there is a way I can have the payment reversed due to fraud. This web site should be taken down and the FBI should proscute since they are making a profit off pirated taped duplicated DVD's without persmission. I am going to report the web site to the Better Business Bureau, Ohio Attorney General, FTC, and any other agency I can report them to. This has been a learning experience to only do business with web sites that I can verify being legal.

• Do
    Donna Pacifici Jun 26, 2009

Well I am yet the latest to get taken by these fools. They don't really work with any set of ethics !!! All we can do is spread the word so that people catch on and they will soon be out of business . Having said that, no doubt they will start over again with a new company name and operation!! You can't stop a person or company with no ethical background, you can only slow them down.

Dee

• Al
    altimatt05 Jun 19, 2009

I ordered a Judging Amy DVD box set online, on April 8, 2009. There are SEVERAL issues with my purchase. First off, they misrepresent their dvds. They do not say anything about how all the sets are pirated and taped from the tv. They make it seem like these are legit sets. Most of them are poorly recorded, Some dvds don't work properly and a lot of the episodes are out of sequential order. This is problem one. They said I would receive the quality product in 8-12 business days. As of May 3, I still had not received anything. That is problem number 2. After e-mailing to find the status of my order, they came up with a lie to state the item was backordered at the time of my order, yet I had emailed them on April 15, and finally got a response on the 21st saying it was shipped. No mention was made of a backorder. I was willing to deal with all of this when I received the shipment, but then realized that they were bootlegged and in unacceptable quality. I proceeded to e-mail them again on May 11 to state that I was unhappy and was asking if there was anything that could be done. They did not reply until May 18(SEVEN days later) and offered me either to keep the set and get a $20 refund or return it for a full refund. I chose to keep the set and receive a $20 refund, and told them as such. As of June 4, I had not received any type of response or refund, so I emailed them again. In this e-mail I informed them that I would be soon taking legal action, and wouldn't you know it, I got a refund the same day, not even an hour later. Convenient that all the other emails took atleast a week to be responded to, and mention a lawyer and get a response back immediately. In this e-mail on June 4, I was told that my refund would be applied to my account right away. Needless to say I still have not received any refund. However, on June 7 I did receive an email saying my refund was processed and to allow 5-7 business days to see it. Unbelievably, I accepted this. I don't know why. It has now been 10 business days and I have received nothing.

I firmly believe that this company/website misrepresents itself and is conducting scams, not business and action MUST be taken against it. I believe that at this point, I should be entitled to a full refund including my shipping costs and I should be able to keep the dvds, if not receive compensation for my aggrivation. This is absolutley ridiculous, as this all started on APRIL 8. I also submitted this to the Better Business Bureau

Kress del Rey Jun 05, 2009

Unbelievably, by being persistent and polite in my e-mails, PlanetDVDStore refunded not just part of my money as they had offered, but the entire amount. They had offered to refund $25 of the $90 I had paid, but they actually refunded the entire $90. The e-mail address I used is [email protected] and the operator is named Kathy Connor. Given all the tales of woe on this site, I feel very lucky to have tangled with these people and come away unscathed. Don't give up, people — stick with it.

• La
    LAURA Jun 01, 2009

I ORDERED DVDS FROM PLANET DVD STORE AND TEH DVDS DIDN'T WORK. THERE WAS HARDLY ANY SOUND AND YOU COULDN'T SEE THE PICTURE.

• Mw
    mwong911 May 27, 2009

I have had the same experience as reported by all these posts. I purchased TV Series Barney Miller from them, and several of the DVDs will not play through, skipping every few seconds, or freezing up, so that the only recourse is to eject the disc. Yes, there's one word to describe PlanetDVD... RIPOFF.

They should be brought to court on numerous counts... fraud, piracy...

Mike

Maria Christopher May 22, 2009

I wish I had seen this website before buying DVDs from PlanetDVDStore and losing my money!! I ordered the complete set of "7th Heaven" for close to 150 dollars!
    The DVDs are incomplete and defective. They came directly from China. There is no address to send them back and they do not answer e-mails or complaints. DO NOT BUY FROM
    PlanetDVDStore

• Cp
    CPW May 20, 2009

FIGHT HARD WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY...INSIST THEY GIVE YOUR MONEY BACK . THAT WILL FORCE THEM TO TAKE ACTION AND REALLY TRY TO FIND AND PROSECUTE THESE IDIOTS !!

• Cp
    CPW May 20, 2009

Company information:
    PlanetDVDstore
    planetdvdstore.com

I recently ordered The RED GREEN SHOW Tv series from this place. I feel I have definately been scammed! They took AND CHARGED all kinds of credit card info. EVEN sent a COUPLE OF confirmation emailS stating they mailed my order. However I NEVER RECIEVED the DVDS they said they sent! Cannot contact them. They will not return emails. WHAT A ROTTEN SCAM !!
    FIGHT HARD WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY TO FORCE THEM TO GIVE YOUR MONEY BACK (KEEP INSISTING!!!)
    THAT WILL FORCE THEM TO PRESS CHARGES AGAINST THESE FRAUDULENT PEOPLE AND THEY WILL GO TO JAIL !!!

Sarah May 12, 2009

Hi everyone, I got scammed too, and was just thinking about how we can stop this as I was reading your comments. One would think that at least amazon would do something even if google didn't. (you know there's a backdoor in gmail that's been open a year that they won't fix)

The problem seems to be that most of us find THIS site too late. If someone were to design an internet site with all the key words that would lead one to the planetdvdstore site, perhaps duplicate all the phrases and lists of shows on it, then both sites would be the top hits for the search engine and would hopefully come up on the same page. If the first line of this site said PLANETDVDSTORE IS A SCAM, then people would be alerted without having to search for "scam".

Sarah May 12, 2009

Just found out I got took too, and oh how I wish I'd seen this site before I made the order. It comes from BEJING - you know that place that symbolically opened itself up to the rest of the world last year at the olympics. No thanks, ya'll. In regard to the TERMS posted above, I read those, and thought they were simply saying "don't forget these are are made from vcr tapes of old shows". Even so, my major complaint was that most of the disks have many fine scratches (like they slipped across a concrete floor) and 50% of them have one or more 1-3 cm long gashes on them. Some probably won't play. Fingerprints are scattered throughout. (Hmmm, could we lift them?) The artwork on the front (and all the disks) was a horrible orange color, not black and white as shown on the website (the series was The Fugitive), and the jackets and cases are torn/damaged. The disk numbering is ludicrous. Regardless what these "TERMS " actually mean, I sure didn't agree to this- shoddy workmanship-only that the quality of the original recording might not be prefect.

• Pa
    Pat May 11, 2009

God, I wish I would have found this website BEFORE I ordered over $200 worth of DVD's - they don't work - nobody is answering my emails - I guess I got just what I paid for CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP - from on now I'm buying straight from Amazon.

Pat

• Bl
    Blogie May 04, 2009

I brought the whole series of The Bionic Woman off this website. The majority of the discs are un wacthable. There is speckling, pictures skip and blury the sound is terriable, it makes high pitch sounds.

Kristine May 01, 2009

Maybe if someone threatened them that you will report them to the companies that they are stealing from (you can find them if you do research and have the time to do so) and a lawsuit and team up those jerks will be shut down. I just wish I would have found this site sooner

• Th
    Thierry May 01, 2009

They say in the faq

There is a section of the American copyright law known as "The Berne Act" that Clearly states: films unreleased in the United States, including original versions of films altered and/or edited for release in the United States, are NOT protected by American copyright; thus, they are considered public domain. The entire purpose of our website is to provide otherwise unavailable films or television shows to the serious collector.

It's a total misunderstanding of the Berne Act. They are stupid... What is that... We need to stop them right now...

If they are considered as guilty... they will need (certainly) to refund everyone but to refund copyright holder... If it continue... I will change of program in my university and go in law studies... these **** companies are just... disgusting.

• Th
    Thierry May 01, 2009

WHAT THE HELL IS THESE TERMS...

It is understood by the customer that some of the DVDs sold by DVD Mania have been individually compiled from original film stock and public domain wholesaler sources. These sources have an inconsistent level of preservation associated with them. In accordance the playback experienced may vary from movie to movie on any DVD collection purchased. Every effort has been given to maintain true DVD quality, but the customer understands and accepts that some level of imperfection is present in each film and that level of imperfection can vary significantly between films. This means the customer accepts that their may be "pauses" or "skips" present in the playback of any given film. We have made every effort to keep errors to a minimum, but they may still exist. The customer accepts this as part of their set, and as part of owning films directly converted from original film stock.

It's just stupid and I really think it's against international copyrights law... what is that...
    If you gave them money... You are unlucky...

They say clearly it's handmade...

Wt***

I'm sorry for you.

I'm repeating myself but ALWAYS READ THE TERMS.

Kristine May 01, 2009

I ordered the entire muppets show (complete series) two days ago. I grew up watching the show and I figured that it would be an awesome birthday present to myself because I had the extra money. Boy was I wrong. After seeing all the complaints I started to panic because my order had already been processed. I tried contacting via email to get a refund and their only response was "Thank you your order has been processed". So now I'm having to dispute the charges with my bank to get those jerks to give me back my money. I'm highly upset. I found a phone number from Lisa M who has also posted a complaint on here. I just hope they answer my phone call. :/

• Ho
    HoneymoonersNut Apr 29, 2009

One thing that CAN be done is for the advertising companies, SUCH AS GOOGLE ADS, to be notified, and rejected advertising. Why would a company like Google allow a BLATANT SCAM company to be advertising through them if they did in fact see all these complaints?! Because that is where MOST people are seeing the advertisement for this company... on Amazon, eBay, YouTube, etc... through Google Ads when they are on a page with key words in relation to what shows that PlanetDvdStore.com is selling. The bottom line is that Google needs to be notified that they are PROMOTING a company that is just ripping people off left and right. I think that if Google is found to have known of the blatant unethical business that this company is conducting, and STILL allowed them to advertise, that they TOO should be legally liable for any losses incurred! That's my feeling.

Matt M Apr 24, 2009

A whois for the related site, TVDVDMania.com shows this as a contact. Might be fake, but at least it's not a proxy domain registrar:

Administrative Contact:
    Johnson, Mark - [email protected]
    Online Liquidator
    422 Richards Street
    Vancouver, Ontario V6B 2Z3
    Canada

• Dr
    Drew from MD Apr 22, 2009

I ordered the x-men animated series 22 days ago from planetdvdstore.com. I still have not recieved them. I'm going to the bank tomarrow to see if they can help me get my money back. I have read all your complaints and im jus kickin myself in the butt that i didnt do a little research before buying from them.

• St
    steven Apr 14, 2009

do not buy from this web site, it is cheap pirated junk. it is formatted to play in most dvd players, oh only if you live in europe or china where the dvds are cut at. They do not answer you back and you better keep an eye on your credit. I have motified the federal authorities about this pirating DVD site and got the usual answer, no wonder no one cares abouot the warnings on the front of DVD's they only come after us, the consumers not the one's who make them. don't even try to get your money back or return any mech. it is not going to happen. If everyone that these people have taken would go to the IC3 web site and lodge a complaint, we might get them shut down at least. Please let your friends and everyone else know about this scam.

• Wi
    wild one Apr 14, 2009

I havent been stung yet because of all you people warning others about this site. I accidently stumbled on your warning site while trying to re find the plantet DVD web site. I also discovered that an image identical site has been put up called tvdvdboxedsets which I believe are the same people. I became a little suspicious when they wouldn't return my emails about shipping prices.Im sorry you all got taken for a ride financially but at least you have saved me the same experience.Thank you for sharing it & I shall pass on any info if I can help.

• Ra
    raymonte Apr 13, 2009

Thanks everyone, I checked out this site before I ordered. I also was taken but my credit card credited me due to my fraud service. I use only one credit card to buy on the net with fraud protection. These people are too good at there work so stay with Amazon and don't buy through E-bay and unknowns. Good luck to use all.

• Em
    Emma Watson Sr. Apr 12, 2009

DVD's are poor picture quality, unclear, with fluttering, white, scratchy lower edge. Company falsely advertises "excellent" picture. Bootleg DVD's copied off the TV and from a fifth copy of a copy... rather than directly from the TV. Company falsely advertises copying from "original film stock" suggesting a relationship with the studio. Company ships from China 18-days. Company falsely advertises "fast shipping". Company does not answer email attempts to return items.
    Company sells bootleg popular TV shows.

• Kd
    kdp Apr 11, 2009

Chances are if you are reading this, it is too late for help for you. You've probably already been ripped off by planetdvdstore.com. I ordered a set of DVDs and it was recorded straight from TV Land. I could have made the same recording myself and done a better job. After sending emails with no replies, I had to do some digging around. There is no return address or phone number, of course, listed for the company. I'll keep you all posted on my findings. I'm not letting this one go. I want my money back!

• G1
    g1nger Apr 11, 2009

Thanks God I've got into this website and read all your comments! I wanted to order a complete "Dynasty" set from PlanetDVDStore for a tempting, ridiculously low price. But before ordering I wanted to know if those DVDs had English subtitles. Many, many emails with this question have been sent to them by me! I even suspected that their replies went to my Spam folder. Checked it, - nothing. I emailed them again, including my other email addresses, but still no reply. I now see this company is fake, that's why there are no contact details in their website!

kristi Apr 09, 2009

I CALLED THIS :Domains by Proxy Inc.
    15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
    Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
    [protected]

THIS IS A JOKE, NOBODY WILL HELP . I GOT SCREWED OUT OF MONEY. I ORDERED DVD'S AS WELL ! THEY TOOK 45.00 OUT OF MY ACCOUNT. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THEY KEEY TAKEN MONEY OUT ?????? IS IT JUST A 1 TIME THING ??????

• Co
    Contuka Apr 08, 2009

I ordered the Miami DVD set and received the set that appears to have been copied from old vhs tapes and of such poor quality that watching them reminds me of watching television in the 1960s. They were shipped from China and I received them not in 8 to 12 business days but rather in 20 business days. It appears that planetdvdstore is operating out of California which does not say much for that state. Don't go there. Email everybody you know of the scam.

• Dl
    dlm Apr 07, 2009

I also ordered the Third Watch series, I haven't received anything, I wrote them muliple emails when my username and password was not working. Please no one send them any money>

• Da
    david pickard Apr 06, 2009

planetDVDstore advertised on amazon the complete series of MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE on 7 DVDs in separate
    DVD cases, They have sent me 7 amatuer ripp off discs in a VHS case .The quality of the recording is very bad

• Ba
    Barleymow Apr 06, 2009

I am yet another poor sucker duped by this company.I ordered The Third watch series which has the worst quality picture ever and has a massive icon in the bottom corner obscuring most of the picture.I also ordered The Fast Lane series which just pixelates and the picture breaks down.This happens on every disc.I was suspicious as soon as I saw that the discs were in plastic sleeves loose in the box and were numbered with a biro pen.Of course you recieve no replys to emails to their customer service.I thought they were a genuine company because they advertised via a link at the bottom of an ebay page.The police should be as keen to stop these thieves as if we were held up in the street because robbery is robbery in whatever guise.Please, Please do not send any more money to these fraudsters.

• Do
    DotDash Apr 05, 2009

Fortunately, my credit card number was rejected because I accidentally gave them the wrong code number. When I tried to order again that is when this site popped up. Thank you. Thank you. You saved me some money!

• Li
    lie and die Apr 05, 2009

stop crying about the ### dvds
    just hunt them down and kill them like the rabid dogs they are
    swift justice
    for these internet fraudsters
    too many people get screwed on the internet
    make it a capital offence to commit crime over the net

Christie Apr 03, 2009

I ordered a box set of Thirtysomething from PlanetDVDStore at a cost of $49.95 + $7.99 potage. Last week I received 22 badly copied DVDs. The picture quality is disgusting and no better than black and white. I tried to contact the company through Amazon where I got the link, but they say they only advertise. There is no return address, the DVDs were posted form Beijing, China. A company called China Intercontinental Communications. If anyone gets an address for this company (PlanetDVDStore) please post it on this site. Do not order from this company.

• Ca
    Carolyn Apr 02, 2009

I ordered the Wings series Feb.11th. I could tell they had been copied from the tv show, but the quality was very good. There were a total of 3 episodes that had questionable quality, but could still be viewed. Then I came to disk # 14 totally unviewable and no way could it be watched. As of this date, I have emailed them 10 times and called the billing company (from my credit card statement [protected]) I spoke to a gal named Shannon and she assured me she would relay my message about the corrupted disk. Shannon said they are just the billing company, and she doesn't know anything about why they do not respond to their emails. I asked her to please tell them to answer their emails. I have attempted to call the billing company back, but now get a voicemail. I think I will call my credit card company and take the charges off. I will be happy to return the dvds, but will of course need an address. I am glad i only purchased 1 series. Wish me luck.