PlanetDVDstore.comFraudulant DVD sales

F

****** Possible Contact INFO ****** I ordered a DVD collection from this company and just like everybody else I got multiple (70) DVD's that were copied from bad TV recordings; the E! Channel to be specific. Since an address is not listed I sent numerous messages through their website to no avail. I have found three phone numbers [protected], [protected], and [protected]) for this company, one in British Colombia and two in the Toronto area, and have left message on at all three. They also list an address in St. Marten which fails to include a city.

This company also goes by the name TVDVDMania.com, and TVShowMonster.com all offering the same merchandise. Every time my credit card removes the payment the company re-bills the amount. My CC Company wants me to return the DVD’s. All three websites have private registration and are registered through Domains by Proxy Inc. The company says that it will contact the owner with all correspondence that they receive. The owner can accept or reject the correspondence. They will release the company’s information if they are legally compelled to do so.

Domains by Proxy Inc.
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260

Good luck

mike Feb 18, 2009

I ordered and paid for a tv series of dvd's their despatch confirmation email quoted the a different set of dvd's to what I ordered. I have emailed them for clarification for 5 days now but have not received any response from them. I think they are fakes.

Michael Preston Feb 20, 2009

td ordered for "PlanetDVDStore" Boston Public, Third Watch and Everwood .. BOSTON PUBLIC is a copy from the TV and it´s very poorly edited, And I don´t know whats it is called but the picture just stops!!!
    and slowly gose forward in slow motion with sound, it happens to old DVD. and that happens to all three DVD and, I have e-mailed and complaind .
    I asked them to send me there address so, I could RETURN Boston Public, NOTHING!!!

Regards Michael Preston [protected]@web.de

• Dc
    dcarter Feb 21, 2009

we also bought dvd's from PLANETDVDSTORE thinking they were legitiment...only to receive 100.oo worth of terrible quality dvd's recorded from TV LAND aired episoides. these people located in china. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH.

Marg Feb 24, 2009

I also ordered from this company & they quoted the wrong series for me to when it shipped. I attempted to email them several times for clarification & never received a response. Weeks later I received my DVDs of the smurfs & they are terrible quality you can't even watch without getting a headache! I again have emailed them but I'm sure I won't get a response like all the other times. When I received my package it had come from china. I would love fir everyone to know NOT to order from them! This is a scam!

Missy Breece Feb 26, 2009

We too received an e-mail noting the incorrect item ordered. In fact we received two e-mails. We became suspicious and call the credit card company. The goods arrived from China and the only thing on the DVD's was the FBI notice regarding illegal copying. DVD case is a copy of the original cover and all DVD's were numbered with a ball point pen!

THIS IS A SCAM!!

Al & Sue

Mike V Feb 28, 2009

Hey, Everybody:

Thanks to you all for the reviews on the lack of cooperation from: PLANETDVDSTORE.COM. it saved me a bunch of headaches.

Mike

Erika Mar 01, 2009

I bought a TV series "what I like about you" from them and received in the mail. But they are Burned copies off TV with advertisements at the bottom. I emailed them to get a refund, hopefully they will respond. Wish I would have researched more about them before I bought. :(

Erika

mike Mar 03, 2009

I think you will find they are continuing to rip people off under the name dcmagicbox.com so be careful

Mik

• Je
    Jennifer Mar 03, 2009

I ordered a boxed set of 6 seasons of Third Watch. They are all pirated from Japan. Some do not play at all, and others are recorded from television complete with poor editing. I've emailed the company with my complaint (since this is the only contact information given), and received no response. What a rip-off!!

Erika Mar 04, 2009

were you ever able to keep the charge off of your credit card?? also, did they send you a return address to send the DVD's back to??

• Me
    Meggy Mar 05, 2009

I ordered a boxed set of Third Watch DVDs. They sent pirated DVDs from Japan. Some do not play at all, others are taped from television with poor editing, but all are pirated. I emailed the company (because that is the only contact information listed), and never heard back from them. What a rip-off!!

• Go
    goxpens Mar 14, 2009

Legal action needs to be taken. I don't care what their little loop hole says about being able to sell unreleased shows...it's illegal. I bought Perfect Strangers for 70 bucks. All of the episodes have lines going through them, they skip, repeat parts, don't work, and I am so glad I am not the only one having this problem. I have sent e-mail after email...I should have known it was fraud when there was no contact number. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM, I KNOW IT'S HARD TO SEE YOUR FAVE TV SHOWS CHEAP AND AVAILABLE, BUT YOU WILL JUST BE SCREWED LIKE THE REST OF US!

• Wi
    william mercer Mar 16, 2009

I placed an order on feb 21 2009 for SKU 506 All in the family the complete series for $84.95 plus shipping. The order number is 103715. Delivery was suppose to be 10-14 days it now is 23 days later no confirmation e-mail or DVD. You have all ready charged my credit card on the 22 feb 2009 you have your money I now want my DVD but reading some of the complaints the quality may be nothing to brag about.

• Bb
    bbramma Mar 23, 2009

Fraudulent site you should stop payment or have your credit card credited. Call your credit card company and have them credit you for fraud.

• 1m
    1 MAD Momma Mar 24, 2009

I ordered a set of DVDs from PlanetDVDstore and they were grainy, freeze and have digital blocks. They look to be
    pirated from Japan. Is this legal? I wonder. If anyone has advice on this manner please reply.

P.S. I've read that PlanetDVDstore will not reply to the complaint. THEY NEVER MET ME !!!

1 MAD MOMMA

• Ge
    geesh Mar 24, 2009

China not Japan

• I am one of many people who were taken in by these creepy criminals. I have saved all the emails from planetdvdstore (about order confirmation/shipping/etc.) and have all of the packaging information as well. I submitted everything to my credit card company and they have reversed the charge. Like most of you, I was also told to return the merchandise otherwise planetdvdstore's merchant will rebill me and then my credit card company will be forced to make me pay. In all of my emails (15 in all) to planetdvdstore.com I asked for a shipping address and not surprisingly I received not one response. I said to my credit card company, "how do I return merchandise I'd GLADLY return if I can't get a shipping address?"

QINGDAO, CHINA
    QINGDAO BEI SHENG high-rise

is NOT a mailing address but that's what's on my shipping receipt.

In order to stop the rebilling process, I canceled my credit card and asked for a new number to be issued. Now when planetdvdstore tries to rebill me, the charge will be rejected since the card number no longer exists. I am still going to find a way to ship this crap back to them because I certainly don't want it but at least they can't steal my money again. I recommend everyone else do the same.

If anyone else has any idea as to how to get someone in the attorney general's office, the FBI...anyone...to help us shut these criminals down then we need to do it.

• Ka
    kaishan Mar 27, 2009

sorry to say as they are overseas the atty general or fbi wont be able to help us

you can file a complaint with the FTC, usually if they get enough complaints they might issue a warning that makes more people aware that a scam is being run, but in terms of, getting your money back or going after the scammers its not gonna happen

ERICA Mar 31, 2009

I ORDERED A COMPLETE SET OF THIRD WATCH FOR MY MOTHER ON APRIL 8TH AND SHE HAS STILL NOT RECEIVED THEM...IM PRETTY UPSET ABOUT IT. I TRIED TO EMAIL AND GOT NO RESPONSE. I AM NOW TAKING FURTHER STEPS

• La
    Lana Mar 31, 2009

I to have been ripped off. I got poor quality DVDs. What they showed on their website was not what I received. I called the Better Business Bureau but since I don't have an address I can't get anything done. If any of you find out something please post.

Chris Mar 31, 2009

I also ordered from them and was also ripped off . I ordered Coach and Perfect Strangers very poor quality unwatchable lines through them poor sound and have sent them 3 emails and got no response please dont buy from this company.

• Nc
    NCH Mar 31, 2009

I am trying to find a phone # for this raggedy site as well. I ordered Mama's Family for my grandmother only to receive the WORST bootleg DVDs ever! The sound was mechanical, the picture skipped and it was recorded off of TBS. I am livid and want my money back!! I will try the information listed above but never again!!

• Ca
    Carl Apr 01, 2009

I ordered the box set of the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour that promised 71 episodes of the show on 58 discs. What I received was only 61 of the advertised 71 shows. Of these shows discs #10, 11, 21, 24, 34, 36, 46, 50, and 55 had picture break-ups and sound distortion that rendered them unviewable. Disc #8 didn't even have anything on it.Disc #54 had a t.v. show that had no relation to the S.B.C.H. The shows that were on discs#20, 22, and 34 were the same shows that were on discs #56, 58, ans 57. These shows were bootleg copies off of the "E" cable channel. This advertisement is an outright fraud. Also no receipt was enclosed with my order to identify the company who sold it to me. The postage lable on the box was from China with Chinese lettering on it. Let the buyer beware of this company. I got taken for $144.00
    A note to this company: INSTANT KARMA'S GONNA GET YOU!

• Ca
    Carolyn Apr 02, 2009

I ordered the Wings series Feb.11th. I could tell they had been copied from the tv show, but the quality was very good. There were a total of 3 episodes that had questionable quality, but could still be viewed. Then I came to disk # 14 totally unviewable and no way could it be watched. As of this date, I have emailed them 10 times and called the billing company (from my credit card statement [protected]) I spoke to a gal named Shannon and she assured me she would relay my message about the corrupted disk. Shannon said they are just the billing company, and she doesn't know anything about why they do not respond to their emails. I asked her to please tell them to answer their emails. I have attempted to call the billing company back, but now get a voicemail. I think I will call my credit card company and take the charges off. I will be happy to return the dvds, but will of course need an address. I am glad i only purchased 1 series. Wish me luck.

Christie Apr 03, 2009

I ordered a box set of Thirtysomething from PlanetDVDStore at a cost of $49.95 + $7.99 potage. Last week I received 22 badly copied DVDs. The picture quality is disgusting and no better than black and white. I tried to contact the company through Amazon where I got the link, but they say they only advertise. There is no return address, the DVDs were posted form Beijing, China. A company called China Intercontinental Communications. If anyone gets an address for this company (PlanetDVDStore) please post it on this site. Do not order from this company.

• Li
    lie and die Apr 05, 2009

stop crying about the ### dvds
    just hunt them down and kill them like the rabid dogs they are
    swift justice
    for these internet fraudsters
    too many people get screwed on the internet
    make it a capital offence to commit crime over the net

• Do
    DotDash Apr 05, 2009

Fortunately, my credit card number was rejected because I accidentally gave them the wrong code number. When I tried to order again that is when this site popped up. Thank you. Thank you. You saved me some money!

• Ba
    Barleymow Apr 06, 2009

I am yet another poor sucker duped by this company.I ordered The Third watch series which has the worst quality picture ever and has a massive icon in the bottom corner obscuring most of the picture.I also ordered The Fast Lane series which just pixelates and the picture breaks down.This happens on every disc.I was suspicious as soon as I saw that the discs were in plastic sleeves loose in the box and were numbered with a biro pen.Of course you recieve no replys to emails to their customer service.I thought they were a genuine company because they advertised via a link at the bottom of an ebay page.The police should be as keen to stop these thieves as if we were held up in the street because robbery is robbery in whatever guise.Please, Please do not send any more money to these fraudsters.

• Da
    david pickard Apr 06, 2009

planetDVDstore advertised on amazon the complete series of MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE on 7 DVDs in separate
    DVD cases, They have sent me 7 amatuer ripp off discs in a VHS case .The quality of the recording is very bad

• Dl
    dlm Apr 07, 2009

I also ordered the Third Watch series, I haven't received anything, I wrote them muliple emails when my username and password was not working. Please no one send them any money>

• Co
    Contuka Apr 08, 2009

I ordered the Miami DVD set and received the set that appears to have been copied from old vhs tapes and of such poor quality that watching them reminds me of watching television in the 1960s. They were shipped from China and I received them not in 8 to 12 business days but rather in 20 business days. It appears that planetdvdstore is operating out of California which does not say much for that state. Don't go there. Email everybody you know of the scam.

• Kr
    kristi Apr 09, 2009

I CALLED THIS :Domains by Proxy Inc.
    15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
    Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
    [protected]

THIS IS A JOKE, NOBODY WILL HELP . I GOT SCREWED OUT OF MONEY. I ORDERED DVD'S AS WELL ! THEY TOOK 45.00 OUT OF MY ACCOUNT. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THEY KEEY TAKEN MONEY OUT ?????? IS IT JUST A 1 TIME THING ??????

• G1
    g1nger Apr 11, 2009

Thanks God I've got into this website and read all your comments! I wanted to order a complete "Dynasty" set from PlanetDVDStore for a tempting, ridiculously low price. But before ordering I wanted to know if those DVDs had English subtitles. Many, many emails with this question have been sent to them by me! I even suspected that their replies went to my Spam folder. Checked it, - nothing. I emailed them again, including my other email addresses, but still no reply. I now see this company is fake, that's why there are no contact details in their website!

• Kd
    kdp Apr 11, 2009

Chances are if you are reading this, it is too late for help for you. You've probably already been ripped off by planetdvdstore.com. I ordered a set of DVDs and it was recorded straight from TV Land. I could have made the same recording myself and done a better job. After sending emails with no replies, I had to do some digging around. There is no return address or phone number, of course, listed for the company. I'll keep you all posted on my findings. I'm not letting this one go. I want my money back!

• Em
    Emma Watson Sr. Apr 12, 2009

DVD's are poor picture quality, unclear, with fluttering, white, scratchy lower edge. Company falsely advertises "excellent" picture. Bootleg DVD's copied off the TV and from a fifth copy of a copy... rather than directly from the TV. Company falsely advertises copying from "original film stock" suggesting a relationship with the studio. Company ships from China 18-days. Company falsely advertises "fast shipping". Company does not answer email attempts to return items.
    Company sells bootleg popular TV shows.

• Ra
    raymonte Apr 13, 2009

Thanks everyone, I checked out this site before I ordered. I also was taken but my credit card credited me due to my fraud service. I use only one credit card to buy on the net with fraud protection. These people are too good at there work so stay with Amazon and don't buy through E-bay and unknowns. Good luck to use all.

• Wi
    wild one Apr 14, 2009

I havent been stung yet because of all you people warning others about this site. I accidently stumbled on your warning site while trying to re find the plantet DVD web site. I also discovered that an image identical site has been put up called tvdvdboxedsets which I believe are the same people. I became a little suspicious when they wouldn't return my emails about shipping prices.Im sorry you all got taken for a ride financially but at least you have saved me the same experience.Thank you for sharing it & I shall pass on any info if I can help.

• St
    steven Apr 14, 2009

do not buy from this web site, it is cheap pirated junk. it is formatted to play in most dvd players, oh only if you live in europe or china where the dvds are cut at. They do not answer you back and you better keep an eye on your credit. I have motified the federal authorities about this pirating DVD site and got the usual answer, no wonder no one cares abouot the warnings on the front of DVD's they only come after us, the consumers not the one's who make them. don't even try to get your money back or return any mech. it is not going to happen. If everyone that these people have taken would go to the IC3 web site and lodge a complaint, we might get them shut down at least. Please let your friends and everyone else know about this scam.

• Dr
    Drew from MD Apr 22, 2009

I ordered the x-men animated series 22 days ago from planetdvdstore.com. I still have not recieved them. I'm going to the bank tomarrow to see if they can help me get my money back. I have read all your complaints and im jus kickin myself in the butt that i didnt do a little research before buying from them.

Matt M Apr 24, 2009

A whois for the related site, TVDVDMania.com shows this as a contact. Might be fake, but at least it's not a proxy domain registrar:

Administrative Contact: