PlaceSettings.com / Beware of this scam!

1 United States

PlaceSettings.com - www.placesettings.com

On September 16, 2017, I ordered 3 place settings of Lenox china to send to my nephew as a wedding gift. My sister had ordered from them a few weeks earlier. She also has not received the place settings she ordered back in August. We thought we were using a reputable company and we were thrilled to start the newlyweds off with 6 place settings of their good china.

I kept calling my sister-in-law to see if they received the dishes yet, and after 3 weeks, I sent an email to the company and received a generic response that they were forwarding my inquiry to shipping. I called the phone number on the website many times, and received a message, but there were no options to select to leave a message for them. I have sent more emails, and finally looked the company up on the internet and found this site.

My stomach is sick, I've never experienced this problem. I guess I am too trusting. I work 2 jobs and don't have extra money to throw away. My nephews wedding was a Oct 20, and there wasn't a gift from his Auntie because this company apparently doesn't exist!

My credit card was charged $242, the day after i ordered the dishes, so they have my money!

Va

Comments

• 0 Votes

We are sorry about this delay/oversite... Items were shipped...
    Click UPS Tracking Numbers to Track Packages for this Invoice:
    1Z2862880358618514 1Z2862880358618523

• PlaceSettings.com - ordered merchandise not received
    placesettings.com
    Matthews
    North Carolina
    Phone: 704-847-6773
    placesettings.com

I ordered a lenox placesetting from placesettings.com on july 3,2017. After repeated attempts to get my order I finally cancelled my order on November 30, 2017. I have not received my refund of $87.94 and I can't reach placesettings.com by phone or e-mail.

• El

I placed an order with this horrible company on 11/24/07. They immediately billed my credit card for over $1,400... but like the other customers writting here, I received no communication, no merchandise - and when I cancelled the order in mid-December - NO REFUND!

I Googled "Placesettings fraud complaints" a few days ago and found out via the Charlotte, NC Better Business Bureau that Placesettings has been on their 2017 "worst businesses" list. The Charlotte Observer wrote an article about their rotten treatment of customers.

The company has TWO employees. A Mr. Robert J. Marossy is the owner. His e-mail is listed as: weeklytrader@aol.com.
    Apparently the only way you'll get justice from this guy is via the BBB and/0r your credit card fraud department.

I ordered Westchester by Lenox China Bread and Butter Plate

Cost $44.10

Shipping $7.50

Total $51.60

An answering machine answers but no return call from this company after several attempts. I want to cancel order. I charged on master card

Order # 29830

• Ln

I ordered several sets of China that were supposed to come with free soup bowl. I got 3 of the 10 sets and NO bowls ever came. I had to call several times and they kept reassuring me that the china was on its way. Never came. Never got the bowls. Had to call my credit card company to cancel the charge for items I never received.

Same thing happened to me, and apparently many others. I found this site too late as well.

• Ka

I too ordered Lenox 5 piece place setting for 2 on March 12. I have not received my shipment. I have contacted the company numerous times via email unable to get through on the phone. No one returned my call. Via email, I only received the response that my order would be shipped, but today is May 26, 2017 and I have still not received my china. I tried sending another email, but it comes back to me. No one should use this company.

• Lo

I too have just discovered that I have been had! I am an experienced shopper online, and never had this happen to me before. I was suspicious when my card was charged before the item was shipped, but still thought that the order would soon be on its way. this morning i attemped to email them for some kind of confirmation and twice the email was returned as undeliverable. I have now had to face the fact that my order will not be coming and I will have to begin the process of disputing the charge which I have already paid to my
    Visa. This is such a disappointment, and I hope that anyone who may be contemplating doing busines with them will be advised not to do so!

My sister and I ordered 7 place settings in May 2017 as wedding gifts for my grandson and his wife. They never told me they did not receive them until this year.
    I have communicated with place settings.com via e mail and they told me the order would be shipped to the address I supplied them.
    They keep giving me the runaround and I am sick about this as this order was expensive.
    Do I have any recourse. My order was paid by Master Card. Can I still go back to them
    Any information you can give me would be appreciated.

• Ra

These people are THIEVES! I am out $1500.

Hope there is a class action suit. Report to the NC district attorney as I did.

• Ra

Wedgewood contacted me yesterday to say that they are out of business. Hope this helps you others...

• 0 Votes

I returned $300 of Lenox merchandise for credit to them at the end of April, 2017. They received it, and emailed me that they were giving me "house" credit for that amount.
    Now they do not respond to my requests for a check payment to me for that merchandise to settle the account.

Never delivered order and got my money.

I also ordered Lenox knives and forks to complete my collection in Jan of 2017. I have attempted several times to contact Placesettings.com and they kept telling me there was a delay. My order was also paid for by Mastercard. I guess theres not much that can be done at this point!