Pinnacle Credit Services, LLCMy ID was stolen 5 years ago, Verizon keeps selling ID theft bill to bill collectors.

J

I have a credit monitoring on my credit and I get a message from the company. I had my ID stolen 5yrs ago, at the time I own 2 cell phones that were also stolen. I was able to catch this before it got out of hand. I made my police reports, knew the person that did this, was able to get everything back, except my phones.
Verizon wireless has had the police report number's and the name of the person that stole my ID. Well, it seems every year they resale my supposed debt to stupid collectors and put it on my credit report.
This just happened today, I call the company and tell them I am recording our conversation at which point the guy 'Steve Hall' hangs up while shouting it is illegal, no it is not, it is if he asks not to be recorded I would not have, [protected]@@. I had to call back and ask for the supervisor, wouldn't you know it, it is none other than "Steve Hall' yelling that if I am recording he will not speak to me. I explained the reason why and all of a sudden he became apologetic in the most sarcastic way possible and will be removing my name. I explained he bought a bad collection and apparently he realized this when he hung up the first time. Next stop FTC, these collection agency's need to get their fact's straight before doing this to people. Retired Law Enforcement, now a full time mom and I told him I have all the time in the world to keep calling his office until he removes the bad info from my credit. Normally, I would let this go, but this guy was so sarcastic and rude even when apologizing I'm making it a point to make his life miserable. I told him I will call everyday until the info is removed. Dork, doesn't realize I have the 800 number for him and they get charged for every call even when they just pick it up and hang up.

• Si
    sick of Verizon Sep 09, 2015

I have sued Verizon Wireless, and just included Pinnacle as a agent of Verizon only. I have sued for 50% of the assets of Verizon and filing of criminal charges against Castle, the CEO, and all stockholders of this firm. This is a complete fraudulent company or money grubbers, hopefully verizon will get what is due them...

majorlypissedoff Dec 03, 2009

Please keep us updated as to your success with suing them! I may be in the same boat (for different reasons). They are insistent that they will not retract anything from credit reports, that "the credit bureaus will them call them and yell at them" if they do so, that it is impossible, etc. This is false, they are perfectly capable of removing the items from your credit reports they just choose not to.

• Ne
    Neet Xmas Nov 23, 2009

The debt has been satisfied and released via ANOTHER agency. Pinnacle has received the Release letter but refuses to remove the information or even discuss it. I've been hung up on and transferred mid sentence. This is a violation of my Fair Credit Reporting Rights. So I've initiated a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission AND my state's Attorney General's Office. Pinnacle can be sued and I could collect at least $1000 even if I have no real damanges - according to the FTC site. So guess what's next??? LODGE FORMAL COMPLAINTS AND THEN SUE THEM!