Complaints & Reviews

150dollars holiday portrait package evoucher.

Before I go, I called seems everything's fine, but when got there: clerk no patience; coupon not...

Poor customer service, unusable product

I scheduled an appointment to have my grandchildren's pictures taken a couple of weeks in advance. I even went in to verify the appointment, which was never made, to let them know the ages of the children. We arrived 1/2 hour in advance. All the children were well rested and happy. The photographer and her assistant rushed through the sessions. What I got were pictures that had faces blocked out, poor poses, the floor is coming up in some photos, wrong children in the photo (they were from two different families), by the time I realized what they were doing, pictures were already snapped. I commented how bad the pictures were upon viewing and the lady informed me she had to "beg" someone to take their picture. I filed a complaint on line. Someone did call within the 24 hours. She truly seemed concerned. Four days later she called back and told me to go to Cosco for a refund! I will not post pictures of my grandchildren here, but I will provide upon request.

The studio

My daughter and I had an appointment after the Christmas holidays for a session for my two granddaughter...

Rude Customer Service

I had booked an appointment for my family to take Christmas Pictures and we ended up being 30 minutes late...

Unmet wanted needs

Arrived 10 minutes late(first time at that mall I got lost) I was then considered a Walk-in. Waited for 3hours! It was my sons nap time he was starting to get fussy. I told the photographer it was for Easter. She used NO props at all! I had to suggest them and bring my own BOY bunny ears. I didn't feel she tried at all to make my son smile. Waste of Time! Studio extremely small and crowded (they should've considered strollers before making that huge appointment desk)

Worst customer service

****** Unbelievable worst experience ever! ******

I called the Picture People studio located at 200 E Via Rancho Pkwy, Suite 101, [at North County Fair, Escondido, CA 92025 and scheduled an appointment for April 30th Saturday @ 6.50pm. As we were stuck in traffic, I called the studio on my way and said that we were running late by around 5-10 mins. The male employee who answered my call said that it was o.k but we have to wait for little bit as they were in session with the next party, and asked us to come in.

We arrived at studio around 7.03p.m and said the other employee at desk what happened. She said it's o.k and asked us to wait and went inside.

We waited for at least 20 mins (till 7.25p.m) and when she returned to desk, I asked her about checking in, then she said sorry and that they completely forgot about us and checked us in and again told us to wait. At that time another party came in who were also running late. They were asked to reschedule, but the lady said that they don't want to reschedule. So they were also told to wait.

After we waited for another 30 mins till 8.10p.m (Total 1 Hr), IN MY FACE, THE MANAGER TRACY AND THE CO-WORKER UNPROFESSIONALLY WHISPERED BACK AND FORTH AND MADE THE DECISION THAT THEY CANNOT ACCOMMODATE US. IN QUESTIONING WHY..THE MANGER RUDELY SAID THAT I WAS 30 MINS LATE AS I WAS CHECKED-IN AT AROUND 7.30 P.M AND THAT THEY CLOSE AT 8.30 P.M AND I MAY NOT GET IN AT ALL BECAUSE OF THEIR SCHEDULE.

When I questioned her first of all why they asked me to come in when they cannot service..? she said that nobody called them from 6.30p.m as she was at desk. I told her I spoke to a guy. But in front of all other customers, she spoke to me as I was lying. I was so.. pissed off and disappointed. So I showed her my call log and said that a guy answered my call and want to talk to him, she very rudely said that she cannot ask him to come to the desk and talk (because she know's that she was lying).

On the whole, it was a very very disappointing and unsatisfactory experience. I will never again shop at Picture People. I will surely share my disappointing experience with all my friends and relatives.

But I did not understand why they took in the other party who arrived after us saying no to us...? I think this is 100% racial discrimination as I'm an Indian.

Hope you employ well trained people who respect customers and be polite. After all customers are the reason for your existance.

-A PISSED OFF CUSTOMER.

• Sv
    Svez550 Nov 16, 2012

Hello, I brought my 16 month old daughter to the Silver City studio and I was not happy with the session at all. The gentleman who worked with us was named Jarrod S. He did not explain things well and I felt that he was rushing us through the process. He named off the different color backgrounds, but did not show them to us, after we asked. He did not offer some props during the session and afterwards, we found out there was a Christmas tree that we could've used for the holiday pictures. As we waited after our session we noticed a nice black and white background. He did not take too many pictures. We were having trouble getting our daughter to smile, but I thought he would at least keep taking pictures even just getting her walking around. We where not told how many changes of clothes or what our last set was. we really wanted a family picture and was told it was over before we could get one. In the end we did not feel that we had many pictures to choose from and the packages were not explained to us unless we asked specific questions. Jarrod also showed us a couple pictures that were black and white or zoomed in and we really liked those. After purchasing the high resolutions CD, those pictures were not included. I was very disappointed with the service we received. I felt like we were rushed through the process so he could move on to the next customer. At this point, I would not recommend the Picture People to anyone.

Racism, Discrimination, Retailiation

I have read the complaints listed above. They are for real. As an employee of the company I saw a lot of problems with management. Management consisted of a District Manager and a Regional Manager. First, it is true that they ALL expected you to work off the clock. They would sent an email stating: ...We will have a problem if not done. They also asked lower management to lie about workers to get the fired. Unfortunately, it was always about minorities this happened to. You can read about the companies problems with retailation against an employee for filing a complaint. Its true, they DO fire you for complaining about racism and discrimation in the workplace. They say they interview staff membersm but found they lied about who they talked too. They also have these write ups that the Department of Labor coined: "childish and sometimes is just ridiculous. This is the worst place I have ever worked in my life. I have contacted the US and local government in regard to their actions and now the Picture People are being investigated. We are currently seeking signitures for a Class Action Suit and protests accross the nation during peak times. We expect to have a fund for these actions soon.

• Mi
    missing link Apr 02, 2011

0 mins ago by missing link 0 Votes

It may be in the handbook but it doesn't happen. It's long been an understanding especially for managers that they and everyone else are expected to punch out for "breaks" even when the work load means you can't actually get something to eat. This makes it look like they aren't breaking the law. But the work doesn't stop especially during peak times without customer service complaints so usually associates actually just get a few minutes to grab a smoke or eat something. But managers just keep working off the clock and I know personally I have gone over 7 hours without a bathroom break, much less food. Thank God I don't smoke! In the past, an email was sent that put it in writing that this was being done and that person was discharged soon after. (Not for breaking policy but for putting it in writing, I'm sure) And now, with labor hours cut even further oftentimes only one person (manager) is on per shift working alone so there is now not even a pretense that a break is possible so no one is punching out. They just keep working trying to keep this company going and the customers as happy as possible during very impossible situations. If there is a class action suit, I will be the first to sign up for it and for other wrongful actions done by this company. But since this is another new owner, probably only the current labor issue will stick for now.

lousy photographer

I scheduled a sitting with my granddaughter and son to get xmas pics taken. I specifically asked for an...

We called to schedule an appointment for our family pictures. We (me, and my two brothers) had coupons and...

Unprofessional

My mother and I recenlty went to the picture people on September 2, 2010 for our scheduled appointment at 1pm...

work w/o pay

I walked in to work today... My shift started at 5pm and a co-worker says, "man, i gotta go i've been working off the clock for an hour already." The customer she was helping wanted to make a significant purchase but needed a spanish speaker, so rosa had to help her becuse the spanish speaking manager was "Busy". That makes no sense!!! Rosa being the good employee, wants to help the customer for the company to make the sale WHEN THEY'RE NOT EVEN PAYING HER!!! I've been with the company for several years now and this happends ALL THE TIME!!! BUT WHY?????

• Tr
    trappertheone Jan 01, 2011

that is very illegal.

• We
    wentpostal Mar 07, 2011

Yes it is and it clearly states in the handbook that you can never be told to work off the clock...I hope you called Human Resources and got this straightened out!!

Bad customer service

I had my dogs photos taken they showed me the pictures on a computer screen, I ordered my package all went great but when I received my photos they had not cleaned them up the background was very dirty and had hair balls all over it!! needless to say it ruins the pictures. I tried calling them for 5 days straight only to get a recording saying they were experiencing a high call volume i got the same message every hour for 5 days from 9 am til 11:00 pm! I have emailed them and still have not heard anything back very disappointed and won't deal with them again.

• Je
    jengad Feb 24, 2010

I had the same thing happen. When I contacted the photographer the first time, she was very apologetic and promised it would be fixed. I then got the exact same pictures 2 days later. I am going to file a complaint with Petco (where they held the event) and directly with the Picture People. Unacceptable business practices.

• Ba
    Baby Girl's mom Oct 18, 2010

I'm having the same problem with the picture people. I have called Petco and they said that they called and felt a message with the picture people to call me. It has been over three weeks going on four and still have not got my picture. I think that they need to have a phone number that we can use to check our order. I'm very mad and told my friends not to use the picture people for their pets picture.

JayG1013 Jun 02, 2011

Do NOT use this company. Very unprofessional and they have no clue what is going on. I used the Picture People at Petco in NYC to take picture of my Boston Terrier. I ordered a set of pictures as well as a mug and was told to wait three week for delivery. The pictures were taken March 4, 2011 and as of yet 12 weeks later have not received them. After 6 weeks of waiting I called and no one seemed to know anything about my order and kept on insisting that they will arrive soon. Every time I spoke with someone they said they would look into the problem and call me back which no one ever did. I always had to be the one to call back the next day and reexplain the situation. Finally I found someone who asked if I could scan the receipt and email it to him for a full refund which I did. That was 3 weeks ago and the refund has not arrived. 12 weeks later no pictures, no refund and no help from anyone who works there. Do NOT use the Picture People if there is any problem with your order it is impossible to get your money back or even find out information regarding the order. Very unhelpful, I will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau but I'm sure that won't help me much.

• De
    Deedersen Jun 02, 2011

Ya picture people truly are a joke. Their management is terrible in all states. Sorry for there mishaps. Same thing happened to my girlfriend with them.

rude manager

I was recently in the Picture People in Hagerstown, Maryland to see about a setting for my children. When I...

Poor customer service

My wife and I went for our scheduled appointment for our son's first Christmas photos. We had to wait 30...

Bad service

I was having my children's photo taken and I asked the photographer, beforehand, if there were any discouts, deals, or promotions. He said no. The next day I find out that there is a current coupon deal for a free 8x10 or 10x14 plus 20% of your order!!! If I had known that I would have driven home and printed it out!!! I think he knew about that and could have shared that information, but just because there were no "in store" specials, the simple, unhelpful answer was no. I will never go there again.

No excuse Dec 30, 2010

That is just poor service. You may want to know what is really going on. YOu are threatened to be written up and embarrassed and posted for everyone to see if your sales are low (fact). So the workers will not want to give you a discount because it lowers the sale and can possibly get the hours cut or even fired. Co-workers even lie about each other on a continue basis to hopefully get the district manager to retailiate against an innocent employee and i have proof that was done! They need the right people there. Right now, the current district managers and the regional managers need to be replaced asap as act like babies.

• Be
    because Feb 23, 2011

Next time read the coupon it tells you to present at check in, you cant go home at the grocery store

• We
    wentpostal Mar 07, 2011

Exactly...he didn't lie, no there wasn't an in store special. Most of the time, no one knows what the specials are until a bunch of cheap people rush in with the coupons. It's retail, why would we want to make less money, anyone in a sales environment would have done the same! You say you would have driven home? So you would have made them wait until you could get it to complete your order, probably when they would have been busy with other customers? That's sad.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices