PHH Mortgagewrongful foreclosure

PHH Mortgage held payments in an escrow account instead of applying funds to payments. They didn't release the funds until a foreclosure sale date was set. I paid to bring everything current [re-instatement fees], then they lost the re-instatement fees and kept the property in foreclosure for 3-months. After threatening them with legal action, PHH sent me a letter admitting they lost the funds and that the amount was put on the back end of the loan.

I have PHH's letter about losing the funds [in PDF format, not recognized on this page] and documents showing payments were held in an escrow account instead of being applied to payments. Now, eventhough they are paid directly from one of my merchant accounts [and have received every month's payment], PHH claims I am 2-months behind.

If there are any attorneys that would like to take the case and start a lawsuit, please let me know.

Sean
[protected]@yahoo.com

• Ho
    Home sorrow Dec 03, 2012

We Have been dealing with PHH since 09" first tyring to refinance, which they flat out refused so we fell behind.They then started foreclosure and denied us modification for a year, when they did agree we were in deep. PHH then said we had to send them 3 "trail payments" first which we did, they took your trail loan payments and applied them all to miscellaneous fees . They then said their math was wrong and we owed more in escrow fees even though they charged us in the modification back escrow fees. They then added more charges to our loan just for asking them where are loan payments went. So basically our mortgage payment has gone up every month since the so called modification just in "charges and fees" and "overlooked" monies they say are owed...Someone PLEASE STOP them...

• Je
    Jennifer Wolf Feb 19, 2014

I have been dealing with them since my husband and I bought our home in 2009 and they stopped taking our payments one year later and put us in foreclosure in 2010. Needless to say we are still in our home and still in foreclosure! They need to be stopped but how??? I sent letters to the fraud center (FBI) and have heard nothing. I mailed out 26 letters with proof of fault on PHH and no one can help. I will not give up even if we do loose our home!

Jennifer Wolf
    Lancaster sc
    [protected]@yahoo.com
    it is ok to contact me, two heads are better than one!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices