Pete's Cycle companyRefusing to handle warranty issues

I purchased my 2008 Hayabusa from the Pete's Cycle in Severna Park. What a mistake ! Their service department is horrible twice they have refused to fix warranty issues that I had to fix myself. I got a safety recall from Suzuki for the ignition wire. They told me I had to drop the bike for 48hr for a 5 minute inspection and then if it needs to be fixed another 3-5 days. They said it's because of the amount of work they have and it's 1st come 1st serve. Are you kidding me It's a f*cking safety recall on a bike I purchased from them. So my safety comes 2nd to their profits. I called another dealership in the area (Freestate Cycle)who was smart enough to have already ordered the parts. They said bring it in and they will do the inspection and if need be fix it all while I wait. I would never recommend those jokers at Pete's Cycle for any type of service and I will personally never send or use Pete's Cycle Ever again for any of my motorcycle needs.

• Se
    Service Oriented Aug 23, 2011

It's now 2011 and I'm having the same issues with Pete's Cycle in Bel Air, MD. My son bought a new Kymco 50 cc scooter December 2010. In February, it kept shutting off. Pete's had it for over 2 weeks saying they had to wait for parts to be shipped in. Now it's August and the scooter has been at the shop for over 2 weeks again. Pete's says that they're still waiting to hear back from the manufacturer to see that the scooter is still under warranty. If it's not under warranty, they are saying that it'll be over $1, 000 to fix. But, they won't provide anything in writing as to what's wrong with it. Don't EVER buy anything from them!

• Cr
    creamcheese May 19, 2011

what about the other 50 people who have there bike there for repairs?people who have been waiting for service?
    do you step in front of those people?do you?are you the only one who rides a bike?
    maybe the quality of service that they offer is why they are backed up with work?why didnt you take it to cycle world?
    oh yeah, becuase there crooks!!and there going out of buisness, do you expect to walk right in to a repair shop and get something fixed right away? well if in your world that might be the case, but not in the real world

Mark O. Nov 09, 2009

Pete's is really an example of a business shooting themselves in the foot. Between the economy and just the nature of the motorcycle business, it would seem that they would treat each customer like they are sacred! I bought a Honda crf 100 from them and the salesman told me he wouldn't be there when I picked it up, but someone else would help me. That is fine- but the very next day, you would think that the salesman would take a minute to call me and make sure everything went ok- that would be a way of planting a seed for a future sale! Never heard a thing. While I was there making the purchase, I ran into one of the owners that I have known for years. He said hi to me, and I told him that I was getting a new bike for my son, actually the third one for him- all of which had come from Pete's. He said" That's a good way to keep them out of trouble". Not once did he thank me for the purchase or the patronage over the years!

I guess they just don't give a crap, and arrogantly think that they are the only game in town- how else can you explain some of these experiences? I am writing only because a friend of mine bought a bike there the other day and came away fumed- he told me how there are so many complaints to be found about Pete's! This is also a good example of a father starting and building a business but not passing on good common public relations sense to go along with it!