Personalized for Baby, Inc.Did not receive product

R

I ordered a personalized toy box from personalizedforbaby.com on 11/20/08. My credit card was charged on 11/21/08 and I never received my product! You can't reach these people. The website says that Customer Service is available Mon-Fri 8AM-4PM Eastern Time, yet no one every answers the phone. Ever. It says you can email them at [protected]@personalizedforbaby.com, yet no one ever answers your email. I contacted the Better Business Bureau who worked as a liason and they had a deadline of January 24, 2009 to give me my money back or give me my product. They did neither. This company is a SCAM! How can we shut them down?

• Valerie Apr 06, 2008

I ordered a personalized matrimonial throw for a good friends wedding gift on March 11, 2008, and still have not received it. I have called this company countless times only to get a machine. I have also found three different numbers for this company that all go to the same recording, which leads me to believe that this company is a major fraud! Whatever you do DO NOT use this company!!!

• Ka
    Kayla Apr 11, 2008

I had the same problem in 2007. There are MANY people who are not receiving their paid-for products from this company! Just google the internet address and "scam"! WHY ARE THEY STILL OPERATING A WEBSITE??? How are they still able to take credit cards and use Yahoo! ordering service? This is preposterous!

• Ol
    Olivia Foran Dec 02, 2008

I placed an order and was charged for it and shipping, but never received the goods. i have tried to contact them by fax, email and phone and they are not responding.

• Be
    bersala Feb 03, 2009

Do not use this company!!! scam artists!!!
    I ordered a personalized baby blanket on January 6th and the website said it was sent to west virginia but my order says I clearly live in New jersey. When I tried to clear it up, no one has returned my phonecalls or emails. In fact, now the customer service email is "undeliverable". On the website the customer "livechat" is always always offline. I have a complaint through paypal now to get my money back. I believe these people are scammers.

• Ka
    Karen Mar 16, 2009

I placed an order with them on February 19th - I received an email saying it had been shipped on 2/27/09 and should arrive in 1 - 5 days. As of today - 3/16/09, I still have no received my order which I paid for when I placed it. They will not return my phone calls or emails. What is the next step?

• Am
    Amber Mauro May 03, 2009

I am in the same situation with Personalized for Baby, Inc. I ordered a stool for a baby shower on February 22nd, and my credit card was charged Feb 23rd. After 4 weeks of not having received the product, I left several messages and sent emails. I finally got a response from someone indicated that a refund would be issued. I responded and said that it was not necessary if the product was on it's way. Never got another response. I submitted a complaint to the BBB - as a refund was NOT issued. The matter has been closed under "Unresolved" status because the owner has not responded to my dispute. I'm so furious. I would love to have my money back, but I feel that it is more important for people to know in the future that this company is a scam. This company STEALS your money, and I would love some insight on how to shut them down - that is NOT how you conduct business.

• Mi
    Mirian Dec 11, 2009

Me too!

I have used this company countless times in the past and have never had any issues. This last order never arrived and after being told it had been shipped out to me more than once (the first order was sent to the wrong customer supposedly), I gave up and was going to call my credit card company to dispute the charge. At first, emails and calls were replied to but eventually, that stopped too. After waiting a month for my friend's gift, I had given up.
    The only positive thing I have to say is that I received a full refund through Paypal before getting the chance to call my credit card company. I still think that the least they could have done was call or email me and take responsibility for the order never arriving.
    I am completely disappointed and will never use them again.

• Je
    Jeana M. Stuart Jun 27, 2010

I placed an order on 4/10/10 and received my order in the mail on 4/28/10 and immediately contacted personalizedforbaby.com to indicate that three of the four items were incorrect. The fourth item was an oops items that I ordered that the seller had messed up on someone else's order.

She indicated that she would replace the items and mail them out to me. I waited 5 weeks and didn't receive them so I emailed her back to request the status. She informed me that she had forgotten to place the reorder and would do it and mail it out the next day which would have been 6/10/10. The items never came. On 6/17/10 I emailed again asking for a tracking number and confirmation that she did in fact mail them out on 6/10/10 and she ignored my questions and said if I didn't receive them by Monday, 6/21/10 to email her again which I did when they didn't arrive. I emailed twice after that and she has ignore me and will not respond to my emails.

So now I have paid $54.85 for three bibs which I only ordered because I was ordering the other items and do not have the items I wanted for the hospital and it is too late since it has now been over 12 weeks since I originally placed the order to get anything to replace them in time and I am out the money as well.

Do not order from this website. There are plenty of other websites you can get quality products from sellers who have morals and who won't rip you off.

• Ko
    KOP Mar 02, 2011

I also have a very similar story! I so wish I had Googled them before ordering from them, because I'm horrified about the number of identical complaints dating back to 2007!
    I ordered a personalized bookshelf for my daughter on 1/18/11. I paid via PayPal and personalizedforbaby.com received my payment on 1/19/11. I received a confirmation e-mail, but no further correspondance from them. The website had indicated it would take 2-3 weeks to ship, so I waited almost a month with no e-mail re: shipment and then sent an email to their customer service. I received no response. After 2 more weeks, I sent another e-mail...no response. After 6 weeks of hearing nothing, I called their customer service phone number. Same story as the original complaint...it goes straight to voicemail and nobody calls back.
    I've started the dispute process through PayPal. I'm really hoping they can help me get my money back, and I too am surprised that a company is able to operate for all these years with the number of complaints from people who received nothing and had their money taken.

• Ko
    KOP Mar 02, 2011

I wanted to update my comment, because I just received a refund via PayPal. I am, of course, happy about that. It is bizarre that nobody ever returned my calls or e-mails, and then, once I filed a formal dispute, namelessly refunded via PayPal with no explanation or apology for never sending me the item I ordered. I certainly won't ever order from them again, but I am happy to get my money back!

• Sh
    shankenney Aug 11, 2011

Same issue...ordered on 6/30/2011 and still nothing in the mail. USPS website says my order when to KY. I live in NY. No answers to phone calls or emails. I am furious. It isn't a lot of money, but it isn't the point!

• Sh
    shankenney Aug 11, 2011

Update for anyone interested! This seller uses paypal to process all orders. If you call paypal and make your complaint you will need the card # that you purchased with and they can look up the transaction (it should say on your statement paypal-pforbaby and a number...(should be [protected] GA) . Because Julie Novelli- the business owner uses paypal to process your order you are entitled to protection by paypal. They will open the dispute on your behalf. Personalized for baby then has 11 days to dispute your claim. If they do not respond paypal will issue you a refund.

Hope this helps! Let's shut this business down. $38.90 is not a lot of money...but I work hard for money and no one will steal it from me!

Chyrle McKenzie Sep 14, 2011

A young woman contacted my company, www.mrsmckenziesmonograms.com, today quite upset because she's due to deliver twins in a few days and has never received the baby hats she ordered several weeks ago from Personalized For Baby. She said she called and emailed several times, but no answer and no baby hats. We're doing a rush order for her that will go out tomorrow via Express Mail so she has hats to take to the hospital.

I decided to call Personalized for Baby myself (because they are a big online competitor of mine I was curious about what was going on) and also found out that no one answers the phone. I found this site, Complaints Board, by Googling them for complaints.

I'm going to tell my new customer to file a complaint with Paypal to have her money refunded. I'm sorry there are other businesses like mine out there that shouldn't be in business. It makes my job harder.

Chyrle McKenzie
    Mrs. McKenzie's Monograms

• Be
    Bergie65 Dec 14, 2011

I also just had ordered a baby blanket from them. I placed my order Oct 30 for the blanket. I checked the website to see what was taking so long. It never indicated it had shipped. I called the company and of course all agents were busy and I had to leave a message. I never received a call back but my blanket did come last week. Unfortunately, the last name of the baby was misspelled and I double checked my original order and I had it spelled right. I tried again to contact them about the spelling and that they needed to correct it with a prepaid shipping label and my money back. I have not received a call and have tried again contacting them. I will never purchase from this place ever again and I will make sure to spread the word!!!

• Gr
    Grandmom in Virginia Feb 28, 2012

I placed an order on December 4, 2011. My credit card was immediately changed by paypal. I sent numerous email starting on December 16th. No of which were answered. I tried calling January 3 but the voice mailbox was always full. I filed a complaint with my credit card company in late January and got my money back.