Peroutka & Peroutka, P.AUneccessary Garnishment

D

Peroutka & Peroutka can suck a "D" and I hope they have irritable bowel syndrome. Not only did they deem themselves biblically righteous for garnishing my wages to the full extent of the law in the midst of a recession; they also are not fully reporting the amount of money taken so far in their garnishee papers they are sending me. No wonder they reportedly do over 3 million in wages for their firm.

Twalla43 Feb 23, 2018

currenlty as we speak I am not dealing with an incompetent HR department that provided these people with all my information as well as my hourly salary. I work for a non-profit with individuals with mental illnesses and we all know these positions do not pay a portion equally to what we put out. However, in doing so I have had to take time off work for these pariahs due to their cunning ways. I spoke to a Kevin that works there and questioned the documents provided by my HR department. I was told they had this information for 8 years...8 years. That's not the worst part this was something they are alleging from back in 1999...(.yes) The address was wrong as well as they had no real information as to who I was, foremost they claimed to represent M&T Bank. I followed up on what ever information I received starting with B&T BANK, well I sat down with the bank manager 3-4 times after informing him of the issue and followed up for an update. I was told there was no record of me ever having an account with them nor the bank they bought out with was 1st National Bank of Maryland. I provided by social security number as well as waiting for him to fax the documentation I had to their legal department and still was told that they have no information as to met ever banking with them or owing them anything. So today I have to do my own representation due to incompetence and visit the courthouse as well as the bank again hoping for some type of documentation to resolve this matter because I have to look after myself since common sense cannot be counted on from others.

twsocks Jul 27, 2015

P&p are bottom feeders who don't even know the law I beat them 4 out of 4 in Maryland courts and I'm only a high school grad !

• Dh
    D H Cannon Sep 30, 2013

I was making payments but P & P went ahead and placed a hold with the bank anyway. I am currently on unemployment and am barely getting by. apparently $100 per month on a balance of $1027.00 was not adequate compensation on the debt. They took the last $237.00 plus $5.00 from my savings to obtain their money. Now I have to wait 30 days for the money to be withdrawn from my checking and savings then I can set up another payment plan. I hope that no one at that firm ever has the misfortune of losing their job and then attempts to do the right thing and it's not good enough. Law firms such as this give the entire legal profession a bad name. In the meantime, I transferred all other cashes to my partners account which I am not a co-signer on and they have no legal recourse to take. If you receive anything from this law firm, seek legal advice immediately and transfer funds to another financial institution or a trusted family member, spouse or friend to hold until the situation can be resolved. This will prevent them from taking what little you have. Have a nice day P & P.

• To
    Torrie1963 Jun 07, 2012

I'm dealing with these vultures now - any advice? They filed in court (Maryland)end of May - I have not received any notice from the courts nor a summons. But it is listed online with the Maryland Courts.It is a charged off debt to Capital One. They have the plaintiff listed as Capital One and themselves as attorneys for the plaintiff. I am filling out the paperwork now with the Maryland bar association for fraud as Capital One is not the plaintiff. The court date is the end of July.

• Ri
    rivahgurl Aug 05, 2011

Im battleing them now. they contacted me a year ago made payment arrangments with me i paid it all!!! They never sent me recipts and now there sayinog i never paid them. And wanting the money again. I asked them what would my bank statement say for where i paid them and trhey could not tell me. Does anyone know what there statement said for where th emoney went to?

• Sy
    systematicallyphucked Jun 19, 2011

I agree 100% Something is wrong here. I am dealing with them right now. They told me that my original debt was $799.34 back in September 2010. I made the mistake of going through Franklin Debt Solutions and could not negotiate a payment plan. They told me that I was to pay a certain amount or else I would be going to court. Naturally, I accepted the payment amount. $50.00 a month. This was a problem for me because I have other bills to pay and my job isnt stellar. I began making payments in November 2010 and have made all of my payments on time everytime. It is now June 2011 and my balance owed is sitting at $665.76!!! DO THE MATH!! Iv'e paid at least $400.00 on this bill and im only at $665.76!?!? The worst part is, I've contacted Franklin Debt Solutions and requested a line item accounting so that I know exactly what it is that I am paying for and I've heard NOTHING!! I am being cheated and its killing me. I cant afford a lawyer and frankly, I dont know where to begin. P&P are a bunch of dirtbags!!

• Et
    etrainerspy Apr 13, 2011

Dear Stealth Pilot, I suggest that you do some research before you argue such a position. If you strongly believe in what you say, than you should back it up with some solid information. I am open minded and would consider your position if you show me the error of my way. However, I challenge you to do the same.

My understanding is that these junk debt buyers are not owed any money. The money was borrowed from the bank, and the bank most follow Federal Laws and State Laws when collecting the debts. Let me know if you find out differently. It makes sense that I should pay the creditor what is rightly owed to them, but not someone else who pretends to be the creditor. To me that would be ethical and logical.

• beatthedebtcollector Mar 08, 2011

Don't be stupid
    I suggest you take a hint from your name. You, and people like you are part of the problem. I would bet that you are a debt collector; or at the very least you work in that industry. Perhaps you are even the self righteous Scott White man E-squalor. If you are suggesting tha P&P has the right to commit fraud on a daily basis you are wrong. Rule 1-341 is clear,
    "In any civil action, if the court finds that the conduct of any party in maintaining or defending any proceeding was in bad faith or without substantial justification the court may require the offending party or the attorney advising the conduct or both of them to pay to the adverse party the costs of the proceeding and the reasonable expenses, including reasonable attorney's fees, incurred by the adverse party in opposing it."
    This is why P&P had to withdraw from the case that I had to fight against them. The judgment was vacated and the complaint dismissed with prejudice. Their "client";-? NCO had to scurry away like the cockroach they are when the light of truth was shined.
    P&P violates this rule every time they file a suit against people without the proper evidence and they do this daily. For people who are being sued by these maggots, no offence to the larva, you can fight the lack of evidence with simple motions. You can file these motions on your own without lawyers. If you don't know how to write a motion you can find easy, fill in the blank forms by following this link. http://beatthedebtcollector.com/index_008.htm
    P&P may soon be named in a class action suit for their illegal practices. In fact, if you are being sued, or you know of anyone that is or has been sued in the last three years direct them to my website blog,
    http://blog.beatthedebtcollector.com/. Post your info on the blog. I am collecting the names of any people who are interested in being part of a class action suit against P&P and any of their clients who have participated in this fraudulent law suit scam. Pass the word around and point them to my blog.

dont.be.stupid. Feb 22, 2011

Pay your bills and you wont get so angry- uhh duhh

dont.be.stupid. Feb 22, 2011

pay your bills and you wont have to hear from debt collectors.

• 3w
    3wem3 Nov 22, 2010

We all have problems in our lives, some worst than others. The greed of money is a very evil thing. These debt collectors know most people feel helpless in their situation and do not know their rights. So they are a pack of wolves hungry for meat. It's "Give me, and give me more!" So many of us are scared of the wolves. Therefore, we give them meat (money in this case).

Let me tell you how to deal with wolves. You starve them f**k*rs. You find ways to sue them for other things. You become a lion and bite off their f**k*ng heads. Hide your money! Store all you can get, work under the table, have no bank account, invest your money into something good, give it to your family to keep for you. Be invisible. Hide in the shadows and wait until they come then pounce and chomp on them. The prey becomes the predator. I know a friend that does that. As for me, I have two important words to say to debt collects, "F.. [BEEP] Off! You aint getting sh.. [BEEP]!" lol

• Et
    etrainerspy Nov 22, 2010

The debt buyer is merely buying debt evidence. The original creditor has already charged off the debt and collected on it via insurance money and tax write-off. The attorney debt buyers are using legal manipulation to win their cases in court. I personally have filed motions to strike their affidavit of debt and their affidavit of custodian records. Even though, I had a solid basis, the judges will set the motion for a hearing during the regular trail date so that the suing debt collector attorney can play out their legal dance. The judges and the attorneys in the local courts love to kiss each other rear-ends. They love to hang out at the country clubs, play golf together, and drink together in the bars.

The debt buying industry is a whole scam. The average American citizen is getting ripped off. They are playing on you guilt. You feel morally obligated to pay the debt. You know that you borrowed the money and spent it. You are on hard times; cannot find a decent job, perhaps your business partner ruined you business and your credit, and now all of your credit cards and other loans have defaulted (money you would have never borrowed if you could have found a decent fair paying job). So now the interests rates are no longer 10% to 13%. They are a whopping 28% to 32% which is usury is almost every state in our country. So now, each month you are unable to pay your credit cards payments. Each month that you are late or cannot pay, the card company will charge you $39 fee, and since your card balance is already maxed out, the $39 fee they charged causes your account to go over the limit which puts them in the position to charge your another $39 fee. When this happened to me, I realized that it was no longer a fair game.

The federal government, the banks, and the American greed shown in buying grossly overpriced real estate created this economic catastrophe. I was the guy trying to work to survive and make a reasonable income. Most of everything else was beyond my control.

Peroutka & Peroutka are fat cats who are exploiting your feelings of guilt. However, one needs to look beyond and realize that the other side is exceedingly dishonest and committing fraud everyday. Do not play into their greedy hands. If many people would refuse to play into their con game, Peroutka & Peroutka, P.A. would be no more.

For those who expressed their since of morale responsibility by writing "You should not have borrowed the money. You should pay off your debt. You created the problem", I felt the exact same way when I had a regular income and was trying to give my employer the best quality work. Back then I had no debts and saved half my income, but then economic times changed. I paid my taxes from my savings and spent all of the money mostly on basic needs while desperately trying to find adequate income. Therefore, I suggest that you really research this out. Who are these debt buyers? Do you really have a obligation to pay them?

terilynn Nov 03, 2010

@Bobard- I don't think it's the 'paying back the money they owe' that's the problem, so much as the "law" firm tacking on tons of arbitrary fees & the insanely high garnishments. One good question would be if the original lender actually "referred" the case to P&P or if the debt was charged off and P&P bought it as a 3rd party (which yes, having worked in collections, it is pennies on the dollar). That is critical, because if the debt was charged off by the original creditor (which, whether you're paying whatever small amt you can afford or you're behind in payments, that's their decision that you're not worth their collection efforts), you no longer legally owe that money. If P&P(or any of these collection firms) are buying it as a 3rd party, whatever they get is GRAVY. That means that they don't have legal authority to sue you for the debt, because you don't owe THEM any debt. Of course this is only true if the debt was charged off by the original creditor & bought by P&P, not if they referred the file to P&P for collections.

TerriLeewon'tpaycockroaches Oct 26, 2010

I know where they live too, pretty much middle class ghetto area:)lol

They don't know what wrath is upon them:)

TerriLeewon'tpaycockroaches Oct 26, 2010

I have read some information, and now I truly see the petourka's are clear sociopaths, which explains the bottom feeding businees they run.

There are claims M.Petoruka molested his stepchildren and I do believe them.

Everything about them defines sociopaths.

I am suing them for continual, willful and deliberate harassment. I will have their little operation down within the next 2 years, hopefully they will croak before then:) lol, but the other losers in the office really need to get real jobs.

I think they are so evil and hypocritical they would try to sue god/jesus himself!!!

TerriLeewon'tpaycockroaches Oct 25, 2010

the so called clients have long since forgot about you and in most instances made up for the little loss you created by continuing to rip off all the others stuck in their high interest loans forever, lol.

personally, if you are in a bad deal, get out, why would you want to be trapped in that mess forever.

banks still profit off the majority of slave sheeps who are trapped forever in never ending cycle of debt/high interest, personally I don;t judge anyone who defaults, for whatever their reason.

TerriLeewon'tpaycockroaches Oct 25, 2010

the funniest thing is, they even try to deny how low they are by calling the person they bought old/charged off debt from their clients, lol, to make them seem dignified, lol.

I

TerriLeewon'tpaycockroaches Oct 25, 2010

they are so low, they actually created a false address I have never even heard of to sue me behind by back.

they use fraudulent tactics on a regular basis, they are sickening hypocritical bottomfeeders.

They will pay, I can assure/promise you.

TerriLeewon'tpaycockroaches Oct 25, 2010

They are lazy bottom feeders, period.

I have no respect for them.

bobard

do some research dummy, they are not original creditors, they purchase bad debt, that is not very respectable, it is simply being a bottom feeder.

I don't owe them a penny, I never did and never will.

b&moan,

I do not owe them anything, never did, they choose to buy old debt.
    These debts are already charged/written off.

Don't fool yourself, P&P are lazy bottomfeeders. They are not original lenders, they simply feed off of others misfortune.

Educate yourself.

• Bi
    bitchnMoan Oct 25, 2010

stop signing up for credit cards and loans. I had to learn the hard way. I originially came on here hoping to agree with these posts about the sneaky tactics this lawfirm uses to get your money, but all I see is a bunch of complaints about how people don't want to pay back money they owe when it clearly says 'interest and attorneys fees will be added if you default on your payments'.
    My complaint was of how rude these collectors are but I never intended to use that as an excuse as to why I didn't want to pay back the 450 dollars I owed. I knew I had to pay it from the begining even though it started out as $300 and I knew interest would be added and I hated that I had to pay it but I did and it wouldve been a hell of a lot easier to do if people wouldn't have been [censor]s over the phone and if they used some professionalism in their business

• Bi
    bitchnMoan Oct 25, 2010

I owe money

Don J Oct 22, 2010

I agree. There a [censor]. I am dealing with them myself personally. They are third party debt buyers who purchase the debt evidence pennies on the dollar from another debt buyer who also purchased pennies on the dollar. The original creditor already charged off the debt, reported a tax loss to the IRS and collected much of the money on an insurance claim. Therefore, the original creditor and the debt buyers are committing fraud.

Peroutka may parade around claiming to be morale people who love God and country. However, I believe that God Almighty would puke in their sight.

There are ways to beat them. However, it would be best for us to form an alliance to learn how. Anybody in?

If so, email me at [email protected]

Sarah Armstrong Apr 28, 2017

@Don J Have u beat them yet?

• Bo
    bobard Oct 07, 2010

Look how indignant you people are that somebody thinks you should have to pay back money you owe. YOU PROMISED YOU WOULD PAY IT BACK. And theye the [censor]. What a sad, sad joke.

Sarah Armstrong Apr 28, 2017

@bobard Yes the law firm is unethical. They r ###

TerriLeewon'tpaycockroaches Aug 31, 2010

what a waste of a law degree, lol, you don't even need a high school diploma to be a bill collector.

oh and for the record, I am unable to correct a typo for there practices, I meant their, and I would hate to have my grammar judged by a low life bill collector, lol.

Seriously, 2 lawyers in my immediate family, I am so unfamiliar with such scummy lawyers as Peroutka and Perouka, It really made me think how lazy are these freaks,

then I realized these lazy freaks were in the legislature, lol, you know the ones that give themselves raises for working one fourth of a year, lol, sit around all day doing nothing sucking up tax payer money.

Laazy f>ckers, lol, it figures they would end up bill collectors in the end, lol.

I have zero respect for them, when you think about they never worked hard for anything or anyone, they are just bottom feeders.

TerriLeewon'tpaycockroaches Aug 31, 2010

They did offer me a settlement for 80%, LOL, i LAUGHED MY PRETTY HEAD OFF, LOL, i WOULDN''T GIVE THEM 8%

80% FOR A DEBT THAT IS VERY CLOSE TO REACHING THE SOL, LOL, THEY REALLY ARE BLOODSUCKING GREEDY COCKROACHES!!!

TerriLeewon'tpaycockroaches Aug 31, 2010

I would advise every person to stand up for their rights against this agency. Personally my father was an attorney and I know powerful attorney's, I really don't know the Petourka low life type lawyers. I know for sure my father would never have the evil heart to be a bill collector, or simply he wouldn't stoop so low.

TerriLeewon'tpaycockroaches Aug 31, 2010

For the record I will never pay them, I will file for bankruptcy just to ensure they do not get money from me. I don't pay cockroaches.

TerriLeewon'tpaycockroaches Aug 31, 2010

I'm actually surprised they are still alive, I thought someone would have cracked and kill them already, lol, wishful thinking. But then I realized good people even with the worst money problems aren't filled with the greed that petourka and petourka are, they really are sickening old men who will meet their maker and spend an eternity in hell for their hypocricy and deceitful practices that hurt people.

There deceptive practices sure could drive someone to temporary insanity, lol.

Hopefully sooner than later:)

TerriLeewon'tpaycockroaches Aug 31, 2010

I clearly know the bible testifies in many instances in regards to forgiving debts and debtors, they clearly are men of the devil using deception they are not of god.

They are very much false witnesses, total evil greedy hypocrites, how dare they mention reference to god, he has no favor on them, every penny they acquire through their deceptive practices is the work of the devil. '

TerriLeewon'tpaycockroaches Aug 31, 2010

I can't believe they think they are righteous humans or men of god, they are pure evil and beyond greedy. I actually went to the office to get an explanation why such righteous men make up a false address(it is lying)in order to obtain a judgement without the defendant's knowledge. Honestly, I wish the worst on those [censor], but I know that god will have his final justice on these deceiving hypocrites. Just for the record most of the office consists of 5 foot trool looking men that obviously are cowards and would be attracted to such a cowardly low life job of collecting debts they did not lend in the first place.

Hypocrites and so greedy they are evil and hellbound.

• Zs
    zse Aug 13, 2010

These NAZI's attached my little savings and left my family with nothing. I offerred to pay 20 per month, they wanted 150 per month. I told them I was ill and not working. they f*** me in the butt instead!!!

• Se
    sewirun Jul 19, 2010

I have been paying them for 3 years now 150 a month. the orignal bal was aprox 4300. last month I called for a pay off amount of 1500 from the current amount due 2300. They said no, 2000 ...When I told them I did not have 2000 but would continue to pay the agreed 150and I sent them an additional check for 1500 anyway... they sent the paper work for wage garnishment for the original amount owed. Not only did they garnish me but my husband as well. plus court costs which added another 1500.. how can this be legal when I kept my end of the deal to pay 150 a month and they can back out and sue anyway. They should be held accountable also.

• Un
    unbelievable!! Jul 13, 2010

i'm confused, if you pay for things without the money these people come and take your money. how can they do that this is outragous

• Kr
    Kraftygal Jul 12, 2010

I'm fighting them now. I've been working with a debt consolidation company to settle my credit cards. One of them went to this company. Thing is, folks, I believe they purchase the debt from the credit card company for a lesser amount, then come after us for the full amount. Why? Because I had two cards with this company and Peroutka & Peroutka is after me for the smaller one. And they won't negotiate down. Even though they have worked with my debt consolidation company, they have gone ahead and garnished my wages. 25% each pay. I will most likely lose my house because one of my paychecks covers the house payment. I will not be able to pay my utilities or anything else with the second check. Not to mention no more food, no more medicine. I'm not sure what I am going to do. I am just tired of fighting.

• Br
    broke4life Jun 14, 2010

they not only garnished my wages and my husbands but garnished every bank account we own...what wonderful people they are...i'm thinking bankruptcy so they dont get [censor], how do they expect people to survive...i give up at this point, just seems like it's never gonna end

• Mi
    Mike Peroutka May 05, 2010

I'm guessing this crosses the bounds of legality. They (Peroutka & Peroutka) file a garnishment against me as well. The 1 page paper I received from the court (never received a notice about the court date or filing, just the judgment) did list what was being garnished... Turns out it was my bank account! However, and this is the legal line crossing (in my mind), I found out about it the day before, because I received an e-mail from my bank to fill out an online survey for the service I received from them the previous day.

As I had not been to my bank or called them, I became very concerned. I called my bank and my work to stop an automatic deposit that was scheduled for the next day. This timing tells me that they had been monitoring my bank account for some time and knew when the automatic deposits were scheduled (illegal? I assume so).

Needless to say, I had to change banks and now have to deal with calls from my previous bank for their legal fees in having to respond to Peroutka!

A couple of lessons learned with these ### - NEVER, EVER send them a check or anything with your banking information on it (including payments over the phone); they will go after you in court - and won't work out a realistic payment plan with them (I tired several times), work with the original lender if you can; if you receive anything from them regarding courts, get a lawyer or figure it out on your own, but go to court - do NOT let them get a judgment against you if you can help it. It's a lot harder to fight after the fact!

Twalla43 Feb 14, 2018

@Mike Peroutka Oh they lied and said they served me at an address where I never lived. Better yet they had the case for 8 years as per their representative Kevin. Better yet they have no valid information on you and be reaching hard trying to get personal information to assign debts to you. They tried it with M&T Bank and I personally followed up on this after the brainiacs in HR just gave them my payroll information unsure of the legality of their decision. M&T Bank researched their records as well as contacting their legal department to determine (P&P's) authority to legally represent them which was a lie. They ambulance chase is mostly what they do. They are trying it again with a debt over 10 years old again. So HR at my job is on to the sham and they need to be exposed for their poorly executed steps to circumvent the law that is to govern them and us...ijs

• beatthedebtcollector Nov 23, 2009

For the record
    This motion was granted. The judgment was vacated and the case was dismissed with prejudice. The judgment was entered in 1999 the garnishment was in Dec. 2007 and the case was dismissed Nov. 2009. I announce this without boasting, well, maybe a little boasting. I do want to encourage anyone who might be interested, that the wheels of justice may turn slow, but they do turn. I had to do a lot of research. I wrote many motions. Made many mistakes. But, what I learned was indispensable and will serve me for the rest of my life. I have to give a pitch for the pro se legal program that helped me learn to think according to the law. Check it out, you won't regret it. http://www.jurisdictionary.com/?refercode=ZK0001

• beatthedebtcollector Sep 09, 2009

ZZR
    For your info I will post the main text of my last motion to vacate an illegally obtained judgment. The text is as follows.

DEFENDANTS MOTION FOR THE COURT
    TO EXAMINE THE PLAINTIFFS EVIDENCE

Now comes the Defendant to request that this court review this case under rule 3-535b for fraud Mistake and irregularity. The defendant specifically asks that the court examine the documents presented by the plaintiff at the original trial in 1999 and make a decision as to the verity and the admissibility of these documents as evidence. If the court finds these documents insufficient to support a judgment for the plaintiff, the defendant motions the court to vacate the judgment and dismiss the complaint with prejudice. The defendant requests this action, and states as follows:
    The documents presented to the court by Creditrust in the original trial were manufactured by the plaintiff in order to secure an illegitimate default judgment. The documents themselves are inconsistent, incomplete, and contradictory. These documents certainly do not prove the allegations of the original complaint, nor do they support a judgment for the plaintiff.
    The original complaint, exhibit A, makes several allegations that are not supported by any evidence. The evidence presented by the plaintiff does not support the facts of their case, or the allegations of the complaint. Nowhere does the evidence show that the defendant had any account with Nations Bank. Nor does the evidence show that the defendant purchased miscellaneous merchandise, services, or obtained cash advances from the alleged account. There is nothing in the alleged agreement that provides for reasonable attorneys fees or interest.
    The affidavit in support of the complaint, exhibit B, does not even testify to any of the allegations of the original complaint. In fact the affidavit claims that it was Creditrust, not Nations Bank, that advanced credit, or monies to the defendants. The affiant claims to have statements and documents to support his assertion that Creditrust advanced credit and monies to the defendant. However, the documents that are presented do not support this assertion.
    The account information hardcopy, exhibit C, was generated by Creditrust for their own purposes. All this document shows is that the plaintiff knew my name, address, and social security number. The account number and balance are arbitrary numbers pulled out of thin air. Anyone with a computer and printer can create these documents.
    The interest worksheet, exhibit D, is based on the figures in the above mentioned account information hardcopy and assumes facts not in evidence.
    The judgment, exhibit E, was granted on affidavit which falls under Rule 3-306 Judgment on affidavit. As this rule demands, the complaint was not supported by an affidavit showing that the plaintiff is entitled to this judgment as a matter of law. The affidavit was not made on the personal knowledge of anything pertaining to the original complaint. The affidavit did not set forth such facts as would be admissible in evidence. The affidavit was not accompanied by supporting documents or statements containing sufficient detail as to liability or damages. Because the claim was founded upon a note, security agreement, or other instrument, it should have been, but was not. accompanied by the original or a photocopy of the executed instrument. Because there was no written agreement proffered, the plaintiff failed even to prove that they were entitled to reasonable attorney’s fees or any of the interest that was claimed by them.

Wherefore the defendant asks this court to inspect these documents and determine that they are insufficient to sustain a judgment under rule 3-306 judgment on affidavit. I further ask that the court vacate this judgment and dismiss the complaint with prejudice based on the lack of evidence to sustain a judgment.

Respectfully Submitted