Perky Designs (PerkyDesigns.com)PerkyDesigns.com is running a fraudulent business!

L

Please be advised that Perky Designs (TX ) - www.perkydesigns.com is running a fraudulent business. They took my money (via online order) for a product that was NEVER received. When I tried to contact them (through their local law enforcement, the Better Business Bureau and many of their suppliers) I had no luck. They seem to have dropped off the face of the earth! VISA is now looking into it.

• Ba
    babyhip1 Aug 05, 2009

I ordered address labels on March 24, 2009 and my checking account was charged the next day. It is now mid-August and I have never received my labels. I have sent three emails and called twice and never had a response. I've filed a complaint with the Texas Better Bureau and with PayPal. I'll continue to complain to whoever will listen and hope that more people are not ripped off by this company. I just wish I knew aout this website BEFORE I ordered from Perky Designs!!! DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!

janetsflash Jul 10, 2009

I have been a customer for some time and have always received my orders. They took their time, but eventually were delivered.

Moving forward though, I am concerned with all that I have read...I am moving on to another vendor.

• Im
    Im pleased Apr 24, 2009

Odd on these messages as I received my order within one week.
    I am pleased and will be a repeat customer.

• Lo
    LouAnn Fiordelisi Mar 04, 2009

My order for Hershey Kiss stickers was sent in on November of 2008. They were extremely quick in taking my money from my bank account but as of today, March 4, 2009, I still have not received my merchandise. I gave them the benefit of the doubt when I read on their website that they had closed for "break" in 2007 for the months of Jan. and Feb. so I waited untl March. Still no response to several e-mails and no stickers. I will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and hopefully we can stop this con artist from scamming more people out of their hard earned money!!!

• Ha
    Happy Customer Feb 24, 2009

ordered and received within two weeks after reading I want to post as I sent an email to them on my concern they informed me that there was a break and were not aware orders were not on hold I am not sure what I would like to say is that I did receive my order and was pleased I would order again from them

Becky

Hushpuppy50 Feb 24, 2009

UPDATE:
    After sending yet another email concerning my order I decided to put contacting the TX Attorney Generals office in the subject line. This time instead of ignoring me I rwecieved a response within a few hours. She also apologized and said that she was ovwernighting my package at no extra charge. She did as she stated she would and I recieved my order today 2/24/2009. They are perfect for what I wanted them for and I am satisfied. However I will make my own from now on due to the lack of communication on their part.

Hushpuppy50 Feb 21, 2009

BBB Rating
    Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of F.
    Reasons for this rating include:
    Length of time business has been operating.
    Number of complaints filed against business.
    Failure to respond to complaints filed against business.
    BBB processed a total of 25 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 25 complaints closed in 36 months, 13 were closed in the last year.

Hushpuppy50 Feb 20, 2009

I wish I had found this sight before I ordered. On Febuary 13th. I ordered labels for favor boxes for my sons wedding on the 28th. I paid for Priority mail also. Since the wedding was so close I emailed them to make sure they would be able to have them here by the 24th. I received no response. I have sent several more emails to both their email; addresses and still no response. Actually according to the status on AOL they have not even bothered to read them. Hoefully they will come. If not then I guess a dispute with my credit card company will have to be filed and possibly one with the TX attorney generals office.
    A simple your order will be mailed on date and should be there by date would not be hard for any company to do. Guess they just dont care.

• Lj
    LJB Dec 06, 2008

I cannot believe people are STILL ordering from this site! I was one of the first people to order from them and, unfortunately, one of the first (but not the last) to be scammed by them. And that was years ago. And still I read complaint after complaint from people being taken in by their cheesy, unprofessional site. With all the wonderful sites out there that offer even better labels, why do you insist on ordering from them? What I have learned is to ALWAYS look for sites with contact info (real phone numbers, etc) and names, as well as properly registered domain names and info. I also avoid cheesy graphics and religious messages -- they are a turn off. Not only did they scam me - - but they sent me emails loaded with spelling errors and I was telephoned by a CS Rep who, as far as I could tell, was either incredibly illiterate or just really, really stupid! As well, their emails to me were laced with religious references which was a HUGE turn off. I didn't order from them to get a Sunday school Bible lesson -- spare me the sermon, please!! Good luck to you all -- and please STOP ordering from them!! Happy Label hunting!

• Th
    Theresa Dec 01, 2008

I am pissed, I placed an order on Oct 27th they charged my card. I have been emailing them almost dailey for about 2 weeks, I ordered labels for my husbands police promotion and now I find this. Now what am I supposed to do.
    Now I am pissed and will track them down.

• Al
    allison Nov 29, 2008

This company is a complete scam. My story is the same as all the others here. I placed an order weeks ago, they immediately charged my card, never sent the item, and have not responded to 4 separate email inquiries. Their site says they respond to all emails within 24 hours--what a joke. Whoever thinks they have "learned from their mistakes" needs to get a clue. Do NOT do business with them. I wish I had seen this before I ordered!!

• Cy
    Cynthia McClure Nov 25, 2008

Wish I would have seen this site before all my frustration. My story is the same as everyone elses. Ordered, credit card charged, no product received. Sent numerous emails-no response. Not surprising. Filed a claim with the BBB in Midland Texas. Also filed with Bank of America who is investigating and has credited me the full amount. Can't something be done so they have to pull their website?

• Cy
    Cynthia McClure Nov 24, 2008

I placed an order on [protected], credit card was charged 11-12-2008. I have sent 3 emails with all order information to two addressed asking about order. NO RESPONSE. This is dramatically affecting my candle business. I am filing a complaint with MasterCard tomorrow. 11-24-2008

• Ke
    Kerry Nov 20, 2008

Hi-
    I placed an order on Nov 6th for a party and I need them soon so I can put together favors. I have not heard from Perky Designs either dispite sending them multiple e-mails. They have charged my card as well.
    I want to know if anyone has a phone number for them? I too will send a complaint to the BBB. I guess I will have to go elsewhere for my labels.

• Ba
    Barbara Oress Nov 19, 2008

WE WILL REPORT PERKY DESIGNS TO LAW ENFORCEMENT IF I do not rcv my 2 orders of several labels TOMORROW. THey do not reply to emails, after accepting VISA CARD. We will have them arrested no worries!!! STAY AWAY FROM THESE CROOKS. So glad we have all these complaints in writing. We dont care what their problems were 2 yrs ago or even now being they are 100% responsible to all of whom they accept payment from.

Cheri Nov 17, 2008

Well, I have been a past customer for 4 years now and I have ALWAYS had a hard time getting my labels and now that I need them NOW/Right Away, I can't get them. I too have been taken by this company and I will NOT go there again. If I have to, I will open a business of this nature because it is so simple and easy to do. Honestly, get an order, print and order, ship it out. WAKE up people. However, I do not understand WHY in this world would I give money to a company that will not supply a contact number on their website, this is a HUGE SCAM. I too am to blame for buying into something of this nature.

Grrrrr. I have given them one last chance today and I too will be going to the better business bureau with this.

MATT DODSON Nov 15, 2008

Same thing happen to me. I placed an order for labels. I paid for them and never received the labels. I have sent a follow email and no response...

• Re
    renee Oct 09, 2008

I have also been duped. I ordered from them last year in May and I recieved my labels very quickly. Now, I ordered again for a Christening for my niece this weekend, and nothing...it has been 2.5 weeks, I have emailed 5 times already without a response. I NEED them by tomorrow, and have no idea what is going on. I cannot find a phone number anywhere, and niether can my credit card company. I am disputing this charge, which was sent to my credit card co. the same day I placed the order, with my credit card company. I don't know what to do, I will not have the candy favor's I promised now. I am so disappointed...do not order from this company!

• Sh
    Shandy Oct 02, 2008

I am so upset with this company!!! I have ordered from them 2 times over the last year. I have gotten beautiful labels for my candles that I absolutely love and have never had an issue. However, I placed an order with them on 9/11/08 and paid extra for priority shipping as I needed them asap. I even added a note to the order asking them to process as soon as possible. I got confirmation of the order right away and so I didn't think anything about it.

On 9/17/08 I emailed them asking if my order had been sent. I didn't hear anything so I emailed them again on 9/18/08. I did receive a reply on 9/18/08 stating that they had experienced some storms, but she assured me that she had pulled my order and would be sending it out asap. Twelve days later I still had not received my order. I have sent multiple emails asking someone to contact me. I have not heard anything from them. I got my credit card statement and of course it showed up on there already!

So, when I get home this evening I will be contacting my credit card company to dispute the charge. I will also be cancelling my order and I will be making a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I am totally disgusted! I really loved the quality of product that they put out, but the service just is not there.

By the way, my order was over $150!!! Please do not get taken by these people as I have!

Laura Sep 29, 2008

I ordered from them once, and I received my labels in about a week in a half. So then I decided to order from them again, and I have yet to receive anything, but they have taken my money! I am extremely dissappointed, and if there was something that I could do, believe me I would!!!

Annie Jul 19, 2008

well, after several emails, they have issued a full refund of my order. Eventhough they gave me my money back, the aggravation wasn't worth it. I also was unable to personalize my favors. so all in all, my wedding was sort of ruined and that is priceless. like everyone has stated, be warned, DO NOT ORDER from PERKY DESIGNS. they do not have a means of contacting them and they can take your money and run. wish you all the best of luck.

Laura Patton Jul 17, 2008

I have also, sadly to say, have been invisable to them. I have sent email after email. My VISA card of course was not invisible, they charged it right away. As to my order, it never came and I doubt it ever will. I will make sure and post complaints everywhere I can on the internet to warn other people away from this bogus business. I make a point to fully fulfill my obligations and when I tangle with a business like this I make sure and warn all I can.
    Do your research before ordering anything on the internet...I do now.

Annie Jul 11, 2008

well, received an email from Colin, full refund being issued. will post when I receive it. I will also fix the BBB report if the refund comes through.

Annie Jul 11, 2008

Ok I received my order from them...after I specifically asked them to no longer ship because I ordered from another company. The quality is terrible. the 2 middle rows are totally faded. the font is the wrong color as well. what is the point for us to choose the font color is it isnt going to be printed correctly??? also the hearts on the labels are very pixelated. u would think that if you shrink an image down, it would become more crisp. well not the case. i requested a full refund and to send these back to them, waiting to hear from them.

Laura Patton Jul 08, 2008

I ordered on June 23, 2008 Hershey kiss labels for my daughter's babyshower. I received a confirmation and they took my money with visa on the 25th. I was supposesd to get my items 3to 5 days from my order. It has been 2 weeks . I have emailed them on every email I could find that they have. I have not received a response or the labels. They are not on their vacation time. No phone number that I could find. I suppose they are a scam sinces they never sent my order or at least reponded to my many emails about my order. I even requested my money back if they do send me my product. The baby shower is on July 12th and I am very disappointed . I will definately report PerkyDesigns to the Better business Bureau.
    Laura Patton

Annie Jul 07, 2008

I think this is histerical.

It took 5 phone calls, 5 "not s0 nice" emails, and a final email letting them know that I have reported them to the BBB to finally get a response from Perky. They apologized and said they couldnt process the emails or orders because they were away for vacation back to back. I explained that they should have posted that info and should have set up an automatic email response to let people know that. I told them that I do not need to tell them how to run their company and that I am very unhappy. Unfortunately I have already reported them to the BBB, disputed the charge, and ordered from a different company.

Eventhough, they agree to ship me the labels and apologized for the delay, I will not recommend anyone to use their services because during your wedding/shower/or any special occasion planning, no one needs this type of aggravation. No one needs to be left hanging not knowing whether or not their merchandise is going to arrive on time or arrive at all. I hope I am not sounding too harsh but I do not want anyone else to go through this.

I will follow up and let you all know what is going on.

Annie Jul 07, 2008

Hello all,

I am just following up with my previous complaint. I have called 3 more times... no answer. my last call was a warning that i will be placing a complaint with the BBB and disputing the charge with Mastercard. I will advise everyone to cancel their credit cards just in case because you never know. dont wait till it's too late. it's hard to track frauds down after they take it from you. I have also tried to file a complaint with MC about PerkyDesign but they said they cannot help me with that.

anyways, good luck and let's try to keep each other posted. Unfortunately, with my wedding coming up, I wont have my labels in time. very disapointing.

I will definately do research before buying anything online from now on.

• Za
    Zarouhi Jul 05, 2008

My goodness, I'll be doing my homework more before ordering. I ordered shower stickers from this company 2 weeks ago, they charged my credit card immediately, but have not responded to any of my e-mails, and no product as yet. I called Mastercard and disputed the charge, they immediately backed it out, and I am inquiring about placing a complaint with Mastercard, so that the next time somebody uses Mastercard to buy something from this company, they'll get a warning from Mastercard.
    Hope you read all these warnings before ordering from this company!!!

• Ta
    Taivonna Jul 04, 2008

I am making my bridal shower favors and placed my order for the minimum amount of labels 3 weeks ago and have not received any information or my product. They have gotten their money, but have not responded to my 5 e-mails asking for information regarding my order. They are not on vacation (as posted on the site) and the site does not appear to be down. I was so excited at first because the company seemed very promising and when you're planning a wedding/bridal shower, most people think you have an unlimited budget. When you find something that seems too good to be true, do your research before committing to an "online bargain".

Annie Jun 30, 2008

Oh goodness... i think I have also become the latest victim. i also receievd the confirmation email and was charged immediately. i really wish i found all these complaints before i placed my order. i ordered on june 10, 2008 (trans ID# [protected]) and have emailed them 4 times. my last email wasnt so nice. i said email me back or I am reporting you to the BBB. I really hope that my labels get here in time for my wedding but i doubt it. BTW, which 2 months are they closed oct-jan? this is what is on their website: April 12th - 28th 2008 & March 10th - 18th 2008. i placed my order in June. no mention of vacation or holiday in June. i also called and left messages [protected]. the person attached to this business on the BBB is Tiffany Perkins. I hope someone at Perky Designs is reading this. please let me know if i will get my order. This is a terrible site and I wish we can shut them down or atleast put a warning for others on their site. i will follow-up on this post if i hear anything or get anything.

• Ap
    April-NY Jun 19, 2008

I also have been a victim to this fraudulent company. Why are they still up and running? I placed an order for my son's baptism on June 4th and received nothing. I finally went online to check what was going on and came across this complaints board. My heart went up in my throat. I can't believe someone would actually take advantage of a baby...literally.

• Da
    David Jun 07, 2008

My company has been with perky's for a long time now and this is our first time experiencing this. We have contacted them or emailed them so many times and they have not responded. We are going to give them another week to get back to us which i dont think they will but we are going to give them a chance. We placed our order in April 16, 2008 and never recieved anything yet. If they dont contact us we are going to try to see if we can get there mailing address some how and mail them a cerified letter. And if they dont reply after that then we will be taking legal action. We have been enjoying the label on our candles and i dont want to loose these guys. Their labels are great and dont want to not have them anymore.

• Pe
    Peggie Jun 04, 2008

Glad to see someone got their order... I'm still waiting for mine & I placed it in November...get this...of
    2006! I've also had the same problems with
    e-mails not being read, and had the same problems
    with the phone number I tracked down. Glad to see
    at least someone recieved their order...Wonder if I'll
    ever see mine...maybe in 2016!

KiKi May 25, 2008

My labels finally arrived 3 months after the order. I find comfort in the fact that I have not been taken by this company, but am still concerned that they continue to take orders without advising would-be customers of the unconscionably long wait time for product. I hope all of you receive what you ordered soon.

Kristen Fleming May 09, 2008

My labels finally arrived two days after I sent the unhappy e-mail. They even provided tracking information this time. I hope the rest of you get your orders soon!

Kristen Fleming May 06, 2008

Wow, I actually just received a reply from them. I sent another, not-so-nice, e-mail to them this morning with the subject line "your customer service sucks!" They actually replied fairly quickly and said they had no record of my previous unanswered e-mails and would refund my money and reship my order. They needed to verify my shipping address so I wrote back and included the two e-mails I sent previously in my reply. So, we'll see what happens. I'll post again if my order actually arrives.

I guess the trick is to portray your unhappiness in the subject line of your e-mails to them!

Kristen

• Lo
    Lori Callenda May 01, 2008

I'm in the same situation, Perky Designs took my money and has not responded to any of my e-mails as far as to whether or not I will receive product. Unfortunately, at this point, I won't have it in time for my daughters communion this weekend. What can we do to stop this company?

KiKi May 01, 2008

Okay, for those of you who would like to try to find these guys, here is something that may lead somewhere:

Go to: networksolutions.com/whois
    Enter: perkydesigns.com into the "search term" field
    Click "search"
    Scroll down the page and you will come to information for Domainsbyproxy.com

Domainsbyproxy.com, I would think, would have the information for perkydesigns.com

I have no idea what they would be able to do for us since they probably have some sort of confidentiality agreement with those who created the perkydesigns.com domain, but at least it could be a starting point. I really have no idea how these things work, but I can't see that this kind of bad behaviour can continue.

KiKi May 01, 2008

What's interesting about this company is that there is no personal information associated with their internet domain name. Generally when a company creates a domain, their contact information is accessible to the public through the domain provider. In the case of Perky Designs, the domain provider lists "Proxy.com" as the contact information. When we went to Proxy.com, no information on the company was available. It appears that Proxy.com hides the information of those not wishing to post their personal information with the core domain provider. Needless to say, I still have not received my stuff. I wonder if any of you have any information on Proxy.com? For those of you who are interested, I have found what appears to be a reputable and professional site for wedding favors : Kalijoworks.com Limited designs, but they are quality - not tacky. She was very responsive and professional and has a phone number posted on the site and actually has office hours.

Kristen Fleming Apr 30, 2008

That's a bad sign. I just checked to see if the e-mail I sent them had even been read yet (tracked through AOL) and it hasn't. Another bad sign. At this point, I don't think this business even exists. I am a reasonable person and, if I do receive my order, I will post on here that I did so that others know what to expect. Otherwise, I hope people who are considering ordering from this company will see this and know that Perky Designs is fraudulant and will quickly take your money but never provide service.