Perky Designs (PerkyDesigns.com)PerkyDesigns.com is running a fraudulent business!

L

Please be advised that Perky Designs (TX ) - www.perkydesigns.com is running a fraudulent business. They took my money (via online order) for a product that was NEVER received. When I tried to contact them (through their local law enforcement, the Better Business Bureau and many of their suppliers) I had no luck. They seem to have dropped off the face of the earth! VISA is now looking into it.

• St
    Stephanie Sullo Apr 13, 2007

This happened to me as well. It looks like such a legitimate company with a very big website and yet after I made my order, I realized there was no way of contacting them other than email. I did try to email them repeatedly and they did not respond. There was no way of tracking my order. The only email I ever received from them was an initial confirmation for my order and some email saying that they could not send me a sample of what I ordered. When I received my Visa bill I called the phone number on the bill and it sounded like a cell phone voice mailbox. I left a message and didn't hear back from them. Visa is now looking into it for me as well.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

• La
    Layla Apr 18, 2007

I ordered some address labels from Perky Designs back in February. When they didn't show up, I tried emailing, faxing and calling -- no response. Thank God I charged it. VISA took it off my bill and said they are investigating. Stay far away from this one.

Perky Designs Apr 18, 2007

Hello,

We have replied to e mails as ones saved (with the internet e mail some get purged). Due to our 2 months off site was NOT to accept orders we were not aware of this until we returned and have been working feverishly to get back on track. Any & ALL orders not sent on time full refund has been given and or in process. We apologize for this yet with the online site not being set properly this was out of our control.

Perky Designs

• St
    Stephanie Sullo Apr 22, 2007

It's very interesting that since I complained on this board I now received an email from perkydesigns.com yet before my complaint, my emails were ignored. They had even ignored the emails where I was able to check the status and I know they read them. They offered to either send out my purchase or refund me. I emailed them back and of course asked for my money to be refunded. In their email, my order was so important to them, yet they haven't read my reply. If I had asked for my purchase to be sent, I would not have received it in time for my event. My event is in exactly 6 days from today, could they have manufactured it, shipped it, and I receive it by then when they haven't even read my email yet. I think not! So I still don't trust this company.

• Mi
    Misty Easton Apr 28, 2007

Perky Designs took my money and i got nothing, what a scam, to bad all you got was 12 dollars. You should be a shame of your self.

Perky Designs Apr 28, 2007

Hello,

Yes as stated due to our 2 month out the reply system pulled e mails - and as stated the site was to be shut down - we were unaware it was not till we returned. Anyone that had any issue will be taken care of as any cc charges are 100% for the consumer. Its a shame that we were not aware of this, yet with the internet sometimes things do go wrong

Best wishes
    Perky Designs

• Re
    Rebecca Sue Ramey May 04, 2007

My order was placed on march 3 2007 and i have yet to see any product or to hear from perky designs. i sincerely doubt that i will ever see the money that was promptly charged to my c/c.i guess we will see how sincere they really are about their error.

Jennifer Seel May 12, 2007

I just placed an order on-line today with Perky Designs. I wrote to them immediately after, asking a few questions about my order--just wanting to make sure I placed my order right. Since there was no phone number, I had to order on-line and it worried me. Anyhow, I wrote them with some questions. Since earlier when I placed my order, I found the complaints about Perky Designs, and now I am very concerned that the same thing might happen to me (them taking the money, not responding to emails, and then not getting what you ordered). I hope so very badly, the same thing doesn't happen to me. They have such neat and cute products, I would just hate to have something like this happen yet again.

Wish me luck with my order, and I'll be sure and let everyone know how things go with it :)

~Jennifer

Jennifer Seel May 15, 2007

I wrote a few days ago, and wanted to write again to update on my last letter. I have had a great experience so far with Perky Designs. I ordered a few things on line with a credit card, and also wrote an email immediately following, after I placed my order. I had gotten concerned that I didn't make myself clear in my instructions, and thought they might have been a tad confusing, so I wanted to make myself clear. Anyhow, after reading some of the horror stories on here, of orders being placed, and not hearing from this Co., and also not getting what they ordered, I was nervous about my order, and concerned that I too might have the same thing happen to me. Well, I am very happy to say that they responded to my email within a few short days of me sending it, and they made it very clear that they received my email. They also reassured me that they made my items just as I requested by my instructions. They also said they had already printed and shipped them as well. This was all about 2-3 days after I placed my order. So, as of right now, I'm extremely happy with Perky Designs. I will write once again letting you all know how I like the items I ordered, once I receive them. But for now, I am one happy customer.

Thank you.
    Jennifer

Jennifer Seel May 16, 2007

I feel I must write one last time to explain how things went with my order at Perky Designs (I've already written twice before on here). I am so happy with Perky Designs. I had the best experience and am shocked that others did not. I just placed my order on Sat. May 12, 07. Today is Wed. May 16th and my order arrived this morning (I live in Las Vegas). I love everything I ordered and it was exactly what wanted. Plus it arrived just a few days after I placed my order, which to me was shocking.

I'm so sorry anyone has had a bad experience and not received what they ordered. It's so strange, since my experience with them was just so wonderful. Good luck to you and I hope you all get whatever you ordered or your money back.

Sincerely,
    Jennifer Seel

• Co
    Connie Zetty May 17, 2007

I placed an order with Perky Designs about a month ago and I was worried that I would not receive my labels after seeing this site. I just knew that I was scammed and so I let it go. However, I did receive my labels and I love them. Thank you so much Perky Designs. I love my labels and I love yours that arrived on the package. Every Knee Shall Bow... I will be doing business with you again!!!

Sara Gardner May 31, 2007

I placed my order with perkydesigns on March 12, and of course I have gotten nothing either. Today I emailed them (this is the 4th time!), and I called them 2 times and left a message (because it does sound like a cheap answering machine like the other person said). I have heard NOTHING and it is the end of May. I am going to put a complaint into better business bureau if I do not hear back from them today! This is rediculous and NOT a way to run a business. Someone from PerkyDesigns made a comment above saying that the web site was down for 2 months? I looked EVERYWHERE on that web site to find out if they were on vacation or not there, but it didn't say they were gone. Also, they should have all their messages on the answering machine, cheap or not. Thank God I didn't spend very much money.

joyce Sep 03, 2007

I ordered from perky designed and got beautiful labels in about 10 days. I will use them again.

Perky Designs Nov 26, 2007

Hello, Feel

I needed to post this again since time has passed and as far as we know all has been cleared up. As ANY and ALL customers that ordered during the 2 months were fully refunded.

Of course we could not answer emails or reply during that time since site was SUPPOSE to be fully shut down and we were not aware of it until we returned.

What a hard lesson learned to rely on web host to handle site to be out during the 2 months and no follow up.

Our sincere apologies.

Sara Gardner Dec 13, 2007

I posted a complaint in the end of May because I placed an order over 2 months before and got nothing. I have sense talked to them threw email, I have gotten my labels and love them. They were closed for a couple months and didn't get orders. Everyone makes mistakes and I don't think they will ever do that again. I'm sure next time they will have there "closed down" dates posted on at least their contact page. They have been trying real hard to correct any error that they have made, and I am happy now.
    I think they learned their lesson and they will make sure it is known when they are closed.

• Lo
    Louise Mar 09, 2008

We have always been delighted with our orders filled by PerkyDesigns.

• Su
    susan pompeo Apr 02, 2008

I have just received an email from Perky Designs and they explained to me that they were shut down for 2 months last year and they were told their website would be shut down, but they found out only after the 2 months that the site was never shut down as they requested. THIS COMPANY IS NOT FRAUDULENT. YOU CAN TRUST THEM. My orders are on their way and since they were a little backed up on their emails, the rep from their company has offered to refund my money and send my order. I expect them in a few days... This company is not fraudulent.

Susan P.
    Pittsburgh, PA

Cheryl Apr 22, 2008

Unfortunately, I am also a victim of this company Perky Designs. I had ordered Stickers for my wedding favors on March 27th, 2008. Today is April 22, 2008 and after 4 email pleas with the company to at least respond that my order was received and on its way, still no response. I understand companies are overwhelmed by emails but in this world how could a company as "big" as perky designs be so behind and apologetic on complaints but still cause the same problems. Who doesn't have the decency to email back saying I am sorry I am a bit behind to give customers peace of mind. Now, 1 month before my wedding I have to spend more money on a rush order for other stickers from a more reliable company not to mention call my credit card company to despute the charge I already paid from Perky Designs. I hope you read this and more people read this and realize what a horrible company you are to put a bride through such a hassle/frustration before such an important time in my life.

Cheryl, NJ
    Order numbers:
    20080327:164714:24.228.83.64
    20080327:164406:24.228.83.64

KiKi Apr 26, 2008

My goodness why is this site still up? I have had the same experience as Cheryl (above) and feel truly taken by this business. It seems that all of us have had the same thing happen:

An order placed
    A payment made
    A receipt mailed
    A follow up e-mail sent by me to them
    (I received a reply that it was on its way with apologies)
    No merchandise received

Perky Designs, if you are reading this, please be advised that you are fooling around with the wrong person. I will soon be a lawyer and am surrounded by them on a daily basis. We are looking into possible action.

Joan Apr 29, 2008

I also have had a problem with this company. I placed my order, my credit card was charged the very next day. If they are backed up they can at least say that on the web site. Three weeks later I still have nothing. What a bogus company.
    Joan- NJ

Kristen Fleming Apr 29, 2008

I am currently experiencing the same thing with Perky Designs. I placed an order three weeks ago for return address labels for my wedding invitations. The website stated that most orders are shipped within 3-5 days. Four days ago, I sent an e-mail asking if my order had shipped yet because I had not received it and I just wanted to make sure it wasn't lost in the mail. No response. So, I sent another e-mail yesterday asking the same question. Again, no response. Since my credit card was charged the day after I placed the order and they haven't even have the decency to reply to my e-mails, I am really starting to get fed up. I, too, will warn others to stay away from this company.

Kristen F. -- NY

Joan Apr 29, 2008

I even tried to call the number that was next to the charge on my credit card . It was out of service.
    Joan- NJ

Kristen Fleming Apr 30, 2008

That's a bad sign. I just checked to see if the e-mail I sent them had even been read yet (tracked through AOL) and it hasn't. Another bad sign. At this point, I don't think this business even exists. I am a reasonable person and, if I do receive my order, I will post on here that I did so that others know what to expect. Otherwise, I hope people who are considering ordering from this company will see this and know that Perky Designs is fraudulant and will quickly take your money but never provide service.

KiKi May 01, 2008

What's interesting about this company is that there is no personal information associated with their internet domain name. Generally when a company creates a domain, their contact information is accessible to the public through the domain provider. In the case of Perky Designs, the domain provider lists "Proxy.com" as the contact information. When we went to Proxy.com, no information on the company was available. It appears that Proxy.com hides the information of those not wishing to post their personal information with the core domain provider. Needless to say, I still have not received my stuff. I wonder if any of you have any information on Proxy.com? For those of you who are interested, I have found what appears to be a reputable and professional site for wedding favors : Kalijoworks.com Limited designs, but they are quality - not tacky. She was very responsive and professional and has a phone number posted on the site and actually has office hours.

KiKi May 01, 2008

Okay, for those of you who would like to try to find these guys, here is something that may lead somewhere:

Go to: networksolutions.com/whois
    Enter: perkydesigns.com into the "search term" field
    Click "search"
    Scroll down the page and you will come to information for Domainsbyproxy.com

Domainsbyproxy.com, I would think, would have the information for perkydesigns.com

I have no idea what they would be able to do for us since they probably have some sort of confidentiality agreement with those who created the perkydesigns.com domain, but at least it could be a starting point. I really have no idea how these things work, but I can't see that this kind of bad behaviour can continue.

• Lo
    Lori Callenda May 01, 2008

I'm in the same situation, Perky Designs took my money and has not responded to any of my e-mails as far as to whether or not I will receive product. Unfortunately, at this point, I won't have it in time for my daughters communion this weekend. What can we do to stop this company?

Kristen Fleming May 06, 2008

Wow, I actually just received a reply from them. I sent another, not-so-nice, e-mail to them this morning with the subject line "your customer service sucks!" They actually replied fairly quickly and said they had no record of my previous unanswered e-mails and would refund my money and reship my order. They needed to verify my shipping address so I wrote back and included the two e-mails I sent previously in my reply. So, we'll see what happens. I'll post again if my order actually arrives.

I guess the trick is to portray your unhappiness in the subject line of your e-mails to them!

Kristen

Kristen Fleming May 09, 2008

My labels finally arrived two days after I sent the unhappy e-mail. They even provided tracking information this time. I hope the rest of you get your orders soon!

KiKi May 25, 2008

My labels finally arrived 3 months after the order. I find comfort in the fact that I have not been taken by this company, but am still concerned that they continue to take orders without advising would-be customers of the unconscionably long wait time for product. I hope all of you receive what you ordered soon.

Peggie Jun 04, 2008

Glad to see someone got their order... I'm still waiting for mine & I placed it in November...get this...of
    2006! I've also had the same problems with
    e-mails not being read, and had the same problems
    with the phone number I tracked down. Glad to see
    at least someone recieved their order...Wonder if I'll
    ever see mine...maybe in 2016!

• Da
    David Jun 07, 2008

My company has been with perky's for a long time now and this is our first time experiencing this. We have contacted them or emailed them so many times and they have not responded. We are going to give them another week to get back to us which i dont think they will but we are going to give them a chance. We placed our order in April 16, 2008 and never recieved anything yet. If they dont contact us we are going to try to see if we can get there mailing address some how and mail them a cerified letter. And if they dont reply after that then we will be taking legal action. We have been enjoying the label on our candles and i dont want to loose these guys. Their labels are great and dont want to not have them anymore.

• Ap
    April-NY Jun 19, 2008

I also have been a victim to this fraudulent company. Why are they still up and running? I placed an order for my son's baptism on June 4th and received nothing. I finally went online to check what was going on and came across this complaints board. My heart went up in my throat. I can't believe someone would actually take advantage of a baby...literally.

Annie Jun 30, 2008

Oh goodness... i think I have also become the latest victim. i also receievd the confirmation email and was charged immediately. i really wish i found all these complaints before i placed my order. i ordered on june 10, 2008 (trans ID# 1871498904) and have emailed them 4 times. my last email wasnt so nice. i said email me back or I am reporting you to the BBB. I really hope that my labels get here in time for my wedding but i doubt it. BTW, which 2 months are they closed oct-jan? this is what is on their website: April 12th - 28th 2008 & March 10th - 18th 2008. i placed my order in June. no mention of vacation or holiday in June. i also called and left messages 210-843-5604. the person attached to this business on the BBB is Tiffany Perkins. I hope someone at Perky Designs is reading this. please let me know if i will get my order. This is a terrible site and I wish we can shut them down or atleast put a warning for others on their site. i will follow-up on this post if i hear anything or get anything.

• Ta
    Taivonna Jul 04, 2008

I am making my bridal shower favors and placed my order for the minimum amount of labels 3 weeks ago and have not received any information or my product. They have gotten their money, but have not responded to my 5 e-mails asking for information regarding my order. They are not on vacation (as posted on the site) and the site does not appear to be down. I was so excited at first because the company seemed very promising and when you're planning a wedding/bridal shower, most people think you have an unlimited budget. When you find something that seems too good to be true, do your research before committing to an "online bargain".

• Za
    Zarouhi Jul 05, 2008

My goodness, I'll be doing my homework more before ordering. I ordered shower stickers from this company 2 weeks ago, they charged my credit card immediately, but have not responded to any of my e-mails, and no product as yet. I called Mastercard and disputed the charge, they immediately backed it out, and I am inquiring about placing a complaint with Mastercard, so that the next time somebody uses Mastercard to buy something from this company, they'll get a warning from Mastercard.
    Hope you read all these warnings before ordering from this company!!!

Annie Jul 07, 2008

Hello all,

I am just following up with my previous complaint. I have called 3 more times... no answer. my last call was a warning that i will be placing a complaint with the BBB and disputing the charge with Mastercard. I will advise everyone to cancel their credit cards just in case because you never know. dont wait till it's too late. it's hard to track frauds down after they take it from you. I have also tried to file a complaint with MC about PerkyDesign but they said they cannot help me with that.

anyways, good luck and let's try to keep each other posted. Unfortunately, with my wedding coming up, I wont have my labels in time. very disapointing.

I will definately do research before buying anything online from now on.

Annie Jul 07, 2008

I think this is histerical.

It took 5 phone calls, 5 "not s0 nice" emails, and a final email letting them know that I have reported them to the BBB to finally get a response from Perky. They apologized and said they couldnt process the emails or orders because they were away for vacation back to back. I explained that they should have posted that info and should have set up an automatic email response to let people know that. I told them that I do not need to tell them how to run their company and that I am very unhappy. Unfortunately I have already reported them to the BBB, disputed the charge, and ordered from a different company.

Eventhough, they agree to ship me the labels and apologized for the delay, I will not recommend anyone to use their services because during your wedding/shower/or any special occasion planning, no one needs this type of aggravation. No one needs to be left hanging not knowing whether or not their merchandise is going to arrive on time or arrive at all. I hope I am not sounding too harsh but I do not want anyone else to go through this.

I will follow up and let you all know what is going on.

• La
    Laura Patton Jul 08, 2008

I ordered on June 23, 2008 Hershey kiss labels for my daughter's babyshower. I received a confirmation and they took my money with visa on the 25th. I was supposesd to get my items 3to 5 days from my order. It has been 2 weeks . I have emailed them on every email I could find that they have. I have not received a response or the labels. They are not on their vacation time. No phone number that I could find. I suppose they are a scam sinces they never sent my order or at least reponded to my many emails about my order. I even requested my money back if they do send me my product. The baby shower is on July 12th and I am very disappointed . I will definately report PerkyDesigns to the Better business Bureau.
    Laura Patton

Annie Jul 11, 2008

Ok I received my order from them...after I specifically asked them to no longer ship because I ordered from another company. The quality is terrible. the 2 middle rows are totally faded. the font is the wrong color as well. what is the point for us to choose the font color is it isnt going to be printed correctly??? also the hearts on the labels are very pixelated. u would think that if you shrink an image down, it would become more crisp. well not the case. i requested a full refund and to send these back to them, waiting to hear from them.

Annie Jul 11, 2008

well, received an email from Colin, full refund being issued. will post when I receive it. I will also fix the BBB report if the refund comes through.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices